AmyT's Journal (Comments Definitely Welcome!)

Amy, I don't think your day sounds too bad. You ate healthy stuff at least. Sometimes you just gotta eat what sounds good and move on! And you exercised which is totally awesome. And a big CONGRATULATIONS on your new position! That sounds pretty exciting with a lot of new possibility for you. Hang in there, you are still doing so well!

Amy

Wow, I actually behaved with food, didn't even snack and my calories were totally outrageous! And it is all because I went out to eat. Lunch alone was over 1100 calories! But it was GOOD... :teeth: And I did go to my gym classes. I have to work out every day until I leave for vacation if I am going to make my goal. And even then I will BARELY squeek by! Yesterday's totals were 1953 cal, 90g fat, 202g carbs, 91g protein, 22g fiber and I drank 100oz water, a DC and 18oz Diet Fuze:

6:15am: Kashi Crunch (1/2c); FF Yogurt (1c); 1/2 Bran Muffin
1:30pm: Chili's Boneless Buffalo Chicken Salad (no dressing); Baskin Robbins Apple Pie a la Mode (single scoop, sugar cone)
7:00pm: 2 pieces Homemade Ham Pizza; Fudge Bar
WORKOUT: TBK (60min); ABT (30min)
RESISTED: 3rd piece of pizza
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karyn, thanks for the suggestions! However, when it is 110 degrees out, the last thing I want to do is take the dog for a walk! :rotfl: :sunny: :crazy: I get in a bad state of mind where nothing I do will get my mind off food. It's not as bad as it used to be, I keep hoping eventually it will go away completely!

Amy, thanks! I've found that I am really searching for junk to eat. My house has been pretty much junk-free for a long time! That's why I only binge on semi-healthy things... I was proud of myself for not getting on the scale (I almost did this morning!). All it does is make me mad. I'm sure I gained a couple lbs this weekend, but hopefully they will be mostly gone by the time I weigh-in on Wednesday! :wizard:

Hey Amy - sounds like you are doin good! Congrats on resisting the scale!! I know that's tough for ya!
Keep it up!!

marie

Your workouts are amazing, Amy! You should be proud of yourself. Don't let yourself get down. You've been working hard & it shows in your life, your children & your work! :woohoo: Congrats again on that promotion.

What is it with our teeth???? My same tooth keeps giving me trouble too. Today, I spoke with a friend who had a root canal back in January and she still has pain with it. She can't figure out where the pain is coming from since the darn tooth has no root! I hope you get feeling better, and I sure hope that nothing serious is wrong with any of our teeth!

Have a great time on your upcoming trip. I bet you can't wait to see your family back home.

I did pretty good yesterday. I had to work late which really cuts down on any spare time to think about snacking! But it also made me not want to go to the gym… :guilty: I don’t think I am going to make my exercise challenge this month, and for once I don’t care! I still worked out a lot and I am just getting burned out and I know I’ll get back on track after my vacation. I am getting a little worried about the red-eye flight. I’m sure the kids will sleep on the way there, but then we have to wake them up at the equivalent of 2am and get the rental car, etc. I think Friday is NOT going to be pleasant. Hopefully they will take naps and not be too cranky! My MIL is also going, but she will be spending most of her time at my grandparent’s house, so that is a relief. They are pretty close in age and they get along pretty good! Yesterday’s totals were 1276 cal, 23g fat, 176g carbs, 97g protein and 23g fiber. I drank 100oz of water, 2 cups green tea, 18oz Diet Fuze and a DC:

6:05am: Egg Beaters w/Red Pepper; Apricot & Mango O’s (1c) w/Skim Milk (1/2c); ½ Bran Muffin
8:40am: FF Cottage Cheese (1/2c); Cantaloupe (1c)
11:30am: Leftover Pork Chop; Yellow Squash (1c)
2:30pm: Egg Whites (3); Strawberries (1c)
6:30pm: EFL Taco Pasta Salad; Beets (1/2c slices); 20 Goldfish; SF/FF Pudding
WORKOUT: None
RESISTED: Animal Crackers, more Goldfish, more Taco Pasta Salad
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marie, it is tough to stay off the scale. I have a feeling I am going to be back in the 140's for tomorrow's weigh-in. OH WELL, I won't be there forever!

Jane, thanks! I am getting really tired of the sore tooth. It has gotten a little better, but I still can't really chew anything on that side. The only bright spot is that he doesn't think there is anything seriously wrong with the tooth. All I know is that it better get fixed once they put the permanent crown on there! I am all set for a relaxing week on the lake...

Well done on resisting snacking, i think sometimes you need a break from the gym, sounds like your body is telling you it wants to take it easy for a while, have a good vacation & i'm sure you will feel much more energetic when you get back :)

You're going to a lake!!! Have fun. I grew up spending summers on a lake in Ohio. Even after we moved to Florida we enjoyed the summers up there. I sure miss it & was heartbroken when my parents sold our little cottage. Have a great time!

I hope you make it thru the redeye. I haven't done one of those in years!

Hi Amy, Yes purging the house of junk food is a good thing, that way at least if you snack you are eating healthy stuff. I am sorry your tooth is still bothering you, hopefully the permanent crown will do the trick. It sounds like some down time with family on the beach will do you good! And good for you in not weighing too often! It really doesn't benefit you and can just frustrate and annoy you! I may not make my exercise goal either, 250 minutes to go for me in four days won't be easy! Good luck with that and keep up all your good work!

Hi Amy, I am not going to make my exercise challenge either. You are eating great, exercising a lot, just got a promotion and getting ready for vacation. The scale will go back down when things calm down again. Don't worry about it. Enjoy your vacation and your family time!

On my two root canals it was more than just pain. It hurt to have air (read breath!) on the tooth. I resisted the root canal on the first and finally ended up going in on Christmas eve the pain was so bad. The root canal was a piece of cake! I don't know why I waited so long. When the second one started to go, I didn't wait. The dentist sent me immediately to the root canal guy (can't remember the specialty name right now :confused3 ). Of course, that was on Valentine's Day. :crazy: For both teeth (back molars), I had a large childhood filling and the tooth had eventually cracked causing the need for the crown. The prepping for the crown was just the final insult to the tooth. It is good news your dentist doesn't think anything is seriously wrong. Hopefully, your tooth will calm down after you have your permanent crown on. But if it doesn't, the root canal is WAY BETTER than the tooth pain.

Good Luck on the red eye. When we have done those, the kids seem to be fine. It is the grown ups that are dragging the next day. :crazy:

Mornin' Amy!!
I had to have a root canal and crown done back in October. Got the Temp Crown the day before we left for WDW. Felt funny, but was ok. Right as we leave for the Airport, the temp pops off!! UH OH!!! I call the dentist, he says get Fixodent. I do...I fix it....get to Orlando and on the Magic Bus it pops off again. I called them again and they said that the tooth is sealed....leave it off and have a good vacation. So, that's what i did!! didn't bother me at all!!
just thought i'd share that with ya.....
have a great day!

Today marks 1 year since I joined WISH. :cheer2: I started at 138 and weighed in today at 140. Not exactly the results I was looking for, but what can I do?!?!? :confused3 The highest I have been was 142, the lowest was 133. When I get back from my vacation I am going to start a new journal. I have made some progress this past year, even though the scale doesn’t necessarily show it. I am in the best cardiovascular shape of my life, I have some nice upper body definition, I am no longer embarrassed to wear sleeveless shirts/tank tops, and I am STRONG. Some other accomplishments:

1) Cut down on the obsessive afternoon snacking (for the most part)
2) Started exercising regularly
3) Started consistently drinking 100+oz of water every day (including weekends!)
4) Started eating more fruits and veggies
5) Stopped obsessing about the number on the scale
6) Started tracking everything I eat (both the good AND the bad)

Things I still need to work on:

1) Liking my body the way it is
2) Getting control of the weekends/social gatherings
3) Not beating myself up if I have a bad food/exercise day
4) Maintaining weight while on vacation (I average a gain of 1lb per vacation day!)

I had to break into my emergency almond stash at work yesterday – I was getting light headed and felt I had to eat something and that was better than getting something out of the snack locker or eating my co-workers animal crackers! Also, I got really upset – DH was converting old tapes to DVD and there was one from Christmas ’03. The kids were so young and cute and I was so SKINNY! It’s back when I was still 128. I got REALLY depressed. I eat better and work out more than ever and the harder I try, the fatter I get. And of course I did the WRONG thing by emotional eating. But today starts a new day and once my vacation is over, I will have to try something new. I’m sure if I just stop snacking I’ll be OK. :thumbsup2 I just need to try harder and make some sacrifices! Yesterday’s totals were 1699 cal, 74g fat, 156g carbs, 119g protein, 30g fiber and I drank 100oz water, 2 cups green tea and a DC:

6:00am: Chocolate Oatmeal; ½ Bran Muffin
8:40am: FF Cottage Cheese (1/2c); Cantaloupe (1c)
11:30am: Chicken (3oz); Romaine (2c); LF Dressing (2tbsp); Red Pepper (1/8c); Bacon (1tbsp); FF Feta (2tbsp); Tomato (1/8c)
2:30pm: LF String Cheese; Strawberries (1c); Almonds (1.2oz)
6:30pm: Beef Roast (3oz); Carrots (8 baby); Onion; SF/FF Pudding
8:00pm: Peanut Butter (2tbsp); Peanut Butter Crunch (1/2c) ~ I sense a theme here…
WORKOUT: Pilates (40min)
RESISTED: Animal Crackers; the rest of the Peanut Butter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tracey, it sure is hard to get back into the gym habit if it's broken, which is why I don't want to take too much time off! Easy to get out of the habit though... :rolleyes1

Jane, my dad's house is on a huge private lake. It's so awesome to just walk out the back door and down to the dock! There are lots of little islands that we can boat to as well. I'm really looking forward to it (once that dreaded red-eye is done with!)

Amy, I was glad I held out until today to weigh in. I am going to weigh tomorrow morning so I can have my beginning vacation weight. My goal is to not gain more than 2 lbs this trip. I CAN DO IT!!! My tooth is still reall bothering me. I'm fine as long as I don't chew on that side, but I am still ticked off because it never hurt before this crown business! :furious:

Anna, I hope I don't have to get a root canal.. the tooth will scream if I suck cold air over it, but it's fine if I drink cold water. I just hope it's something simple and when they take the temp off they will say "Oh, THIS is why it was hurting" and fix it before they put the permanent one on!
You are probably right about the flight. Us adults will be the ones needing the nap!

Gee, Marie, rub it in why don't you? I think I would die from pain if this one came off and that tooth was exposed to the elements. Of course maybe I am completely wrong and the temp crown is the problem, not the tooth. I had a dream last night that I popped the temp off. I hope it wasn't a foreshadow! :eek:

lovinaz said:
Tracey, it sure is hard to get back into the gym habit if it's broken, which is why I don't want to take too much time off! Easy to get out of the habit though... :rolleyes1

I know what you mean , when i took a break i didnt go back for 3 years!!!
(& gained 28 lbs too) ;)

I also get depressed when i look back at old photos & videos & i'm hitting the big 4 0 on Saturday too!!! Reading your positive outlook makes me realise i too have made accomplishments, & i'm gonna start looking at the positives not the negatives, Thankyou :sunny:
You have made some great accomplishments & are aware of them so well done! :thumbsup2
keep positive :grouphug:

Wow, you made it a full year on the Dis Wish Boards!!! Congrats!!! :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

Time sure flies. I can't believe its been a year already. On a positive note when you watched the old home movies you liked how you looked. At least you don't have any that cause you to cringe when you watch them. When I was in my mid thirties I started gaining weight and you've been able to maintain your weight all year. You''ve gained definition to your upper body, increased your cardio strength & increased your metabolism. :thumbsup2

You're really making me miss my childhood cottage. It was a small cottage but it was right on the lake. Every morning we'd waterski before breakfast. Us kids never slept in our beds - we were always sleeping in someone's tent, boat, on the beach etc. We were always active and busy. No wonder why I was such a skinny little kid. Have a great time - you're making me homesick!

p.s. I hope your tooth doesn't give you any trouble!

if they did a root canal...the tooth SHOULD BE sealed, so the elements can't get to it. don't worry about it!! it will be FINE!!! would i lie to you??!!
CONGRATS ON 1 YR!! you have done great!! so what about the scale!! like you said, the best cardiovascular shape....great, strong, toned arms & body!!
keep up the great work amy....you are an inspiration to us all!!

marie

We leave tonight!!! :cool1: I have a plan to maintain my weight while on my trip. My dad has a treadmill and I love walking or biking around the lake he lives on. I WILL work out at least 5x while I am there (and if I work out tomorrow, I might actually make my exercise goal!). And the most important thing is my vacation mantra – “Just because food is there doesn’t mean you have to eat it”. And I will constantly ask myself “Would you eat this at work/home?” and if the answer is no, I will step away from whatever it is and drink water or DC or chew gum (on the right side only!) or something. I also need to lay off the alcohol. If I can do these seemingly simple things, I bet I will come back the same weight I was when I left. I am OK with a 1-2lb gain but I am NOT OK with a 7-8lb gain. It is too hard to get rid of! Starting vacation weight is 140. I don’t plan on posting while I am gone, so I will “talk” to you all when I get back on July 9th! I had an awesome, ALMOST snack-free day yesterday and the totals were 1438 cal, 31g fat, 188g carbs, 110g protein, 31g fiber and I drank 100oz water, 2 cups green tea, a Minute Maid Light and a DC:

6:00am: Egg Beater w/Red Pepper; Apricot & Mango O’s (1.5c) w/Skim Milk (1/2c); ½ Bran Muffin
8:45am: FF Cottage Cheese (1/2c); Cantaloupe (1c)
11:30am: Chicken (3oz); Romaine (2c); LF Dressing (2tbsp); Red Pepper (1/8c); Bacon (1tbsp); FF Feta (2tbsp); Tomato (1/8c); 3 Bit-O-Honey
5:30pm: FF Cottage Cheese (1/2c); Cantaloupe (1c - can you tell what I am trying to get rid of before we leave?)
6:30pm: Shake-n-Bake Pork Chop (3oz); Broccoli (1.5c); Fudge Bar
8:00pm: Chocolate Lucky Charms (1/2c)
WORKOUT: Weights (30min); Elliptical (35min)
RESISTED: Animal Crackers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tracey, life is certainly a lot more enjoyable when you focus on the positive! It has taken me a long time to get there and I still have my bad days, but life is too short to be miserable about your weight!

Jane, thanks! Sorry to make you homesick... When we used to go we'd pack too many day trips and visits in, but last year we just went to Cedar Point for 2 days and the rest hung out at the lake. It was awesome! Very relaxing, which is just what I need right now!

Marie, I didn't get a root canal which is why I think my tooth is just a raw nerve (that's my expert dental opinion). It's fine as long as I don't chew on that side... Thanks for thinking I am an inspiration to others. That really means a lot to me since I can't be an inspiration to myself!

Amy, have a great trip. This is your time to hang out, touch base with relatives and have fun! :banana: Way to go with making plans for keeping up with your exercising.

Amy, Congratulations on being on the WISH for a full year! You are so dedicated with your food, exercise and journaling. The number on the scale is only one small part of a very large puzzle. Always remember, muscle weighs more than fat. You didn't have much fat to lose and since you gained so much muscle the number on the scale reflected that. Easy for me to say I know! As we get older the scale (I find) is not as indicative of how we really look as it was when we were younger. For instance, I can weigh more now than I did even 5 years ago and look quite different than if I had weighed that then. Hang in there, you have accomplished so much! And I have seen your picture, you look INCREDIBLE!!! I hope you have/had a great vacation, with lots of time spent relaxing and enjoying family. You have a whole new start awaiting you when you come back. But please be proud of what you have accomplished, its quite a lot! :sunny:

Just making sure you don't fall off to page 2.
hope you're having a good time!!

Hi Amy, I hope you are enjoying a wonderful, relaxing time with your family! Congrats on a year at WISH! :banana: You really are a wonderful role model of what WISH is for, eating right and exercising - living a healthier lifestyle, regardless of what the scale says. You are in great shape and long term that is what really counts.

Hi Amy,

Hope you're having a fun vacation, I know I did last week, and now it's time to get back on this eating well/exercising routine. I need some encouragement right now!! :sunny:

See you back soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter