AmyT's Journal (Comments Definitely Welcome!)

Glad you survived the dentist. Maybe the tooth will get less sensitive after a few days? Too bad you have to wait until after vacation for the permanent one, but maybe it will help keep eating under control - definitely no sticky stuff allowed!

Your eating looks fantastic and your exercise is still on track for your goal. You are doing great. :banana:

I am getting increasingly disappointed with Trader Joe’s. Every time I go there they don’t have my fiber cakes! :furious: I asked what was up and they said they don’t get bread deliveries on the weekends, so they get the cakes during the week and of course they are gone by the time I get there on the weekends… :confused3 I am going to have to go during the week and stock up. It’s not that convenient to go there, or else it wouldn’t be an issue. I did get some Mango Blueberry Cranberry Bran muffins and Cranberry Apple Bran muffins. It is 110 calories and 5g of fiber for ½ muffin. So I was a good girl and cut every single one in half and put them in baggies in the freezer so they are all ready to go when I want one! That made 16 servings, so I should be good for a while… Totals were 1242 cal, 30g fiber, 126g carbs, 106g protein and 30g fiber. I drank 100oz of water, 2 cups tea, 24oz iced green tea and a DC:

6:05am: Egg Beaters w/Red Pepper; Oatmeal; Fiber Cake (last one :sad1: )
8:40am: FF Cottage Cheese (1/2c); Papaya (1c)
11:30am: Chicken (3oz); Romaine (2c); Red Pepper (1/8c); Bacon Bits (1tbsp); FF Feta (1tbsp); LF Dressing (2tbsp)
2:30pm: LF String Cheese; Peach
6:30pm: Shake-n-Bake Pork Chop (3oz); Cauliflower (1c); SF/FF Pudding
8:00pm: S’mores cereal (1/2c)
WORKOUT: Weights (30min); Treadmill (35min)
RESISTED: Macaroons
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jamie, I won't be able to go to the dance class this week since DH is out of town. My friend wants to do it but she is on vacation until mid-July. I might wait for her to get back and we may just wait for the fall schedule to start (mid-Aug). I'm still on the fence...

Anna, I'm sure I can do enough damage with no sticky food involved! :rotfl: It really stinks because I am a big gum chewer - it helps me not snack. I've been doing good so far with no gum, but it's just a matter of time before I snap! It's been 4 days and the tooth is still super sensitive. Everyone I've talked to who has had one says it shouldn't hurt. I go on Friday, so I will ask him about it then.

Hey Amy....just got caugt up on the last week. Sorry I wasn't there for you w/ the dentist appt. It sounds like you did just fine though. Don't worry about the fillings....it will be done in no time! Also, the recital sounded like fun! DD is doing gymnastics....she still hasn't mastered the back hand spring, but they're working on it. (she can't do a cartwheel very good either, but that's not stopping them from the back flip!)
Your food looks great!! Congrats on the 130's!! I'll be there with you some day!! Keep up the good work, and keep me going....I appreciate your help on my journal....

thanks friend! :hug:
marie

Weigh-in this morning was 139. At least it isn’t in the 140s anymore! ::yes:: But I am still 5lbs higher than I was pre-cruise/surgery. I’m not thrilled about it, but I am doing everything I can and if the weight doesn’t come off, it’s not from a lack of trying! I am a single mom this week. DH is out of town for work. :sad1: He left Monday and should get back Friday, so it isn’t too bad. This is the first time in a looooong time he has had to travel. Sometimes he is gone for weeks or even months. But he tries to get out of those trips if he can. Some good news – I actually chewed some cottage cheese and papaya on my temp crown! I still can’t chew anything that is not super soft, but I was really worried for a while that I’d never be able to chew on the left side again! Maybe I just have to be patient (remember, not my strong suit!). I over-snacked last night, but I did catch myself before it became a binge! :thumbsup2 I was ticked off because I rushed to pick up the kids and get them home for our scheduled haircuts (the lady across the street has a studio in her house) only to find out that she had to take her son to the Dr and I have to reschedule... Oh well, stuff like that happens and hopefully I will be able to get an appointment in for everyone before we leave next week! Totals were 1598 cal, 50g fat, 179g carbs, 128g protein, 27g fiber and I drank 100oz water, 2 cups tea and a DC:

6:05am: Chocolate Oatmeal; ½ Bran Muffin
8:45am: FF Cottage Cheese (1/2c); Papaya (1c)
11:20am: Leftover EFL Meatloaf; Broccoli
2:30pm: Egg Whites (3); Apple
4:30pm: Peanut Butter (2tbsp) :confused3
6:30pm: Taco Salad (1/2c Ground Turkey, 2c Romaine, 1/8c Cheese; 1 crunched Tostada Shell, 3tbsp FF Sour Cream); Fudge Bar
8:00pm: S’mores cereal (1/2c) :confused3 :confused3
WORKOUT: None
RESISTED: Almonds; Homemade chocolate chip cookie from neighbor!!! (although I did sniff the baggie at least 3x :blush: )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marie, ya, thanks a lot! Where were you when I needed you? I had to drug myself to go to the dentist for cryin' out loud! Just teasing, we all get busy so I know how it goes! Glad to see you back! :goodvibes

Now, neither one of us are in the 140s! Thats good news for you and bad for me. :sad1:

Hey you got a temporary crown & lived to tell about it! Congrats! Sorry to hear about the tooth pain. I hope its not serious and just a cranky tooth. The bad tooth pain I felt last week went away so I'm hoping it was just inflamed sinuses. I hope yours isn't anything serious.

Glad your daughters dance recital went well. Sounds like you had a fun night and that your daughter did great! Way to go in avoiding those fries.

You are so lucky you have a Trader Joe's to complain about. I really miss them. I can't find a store to compare with them in price and quality. My sil went up north and the first thing she did was go to Trader Joe's. She loves their cheap wines. I miss their bread & almond butter... and the choc croissants.

Whats going on with all of these people making homemade cookies this week? There's only so much temptation a person can handle & choc chip cookies aren't one of them. I see your neighbor was into baking this week too! It sure doesn't help.

Hope your tooth gets feeling better. Allow yourself some R&R!

hey...i'm not in the 140's either!!!!
actually....i'm not in the 150's anymore either.....:(

i'll be there again....SOON!!

Glad you are starting to chew at least some stuff. Definitely tell the doc about the super sensitivity when you go in Friday. Good sign that the sensitivity is easing up though.

TJ's is great, but the parking at ours is just awful. More than once I have cancelled a planned stop at Trader Joe's because I couldn't find a place to park.

:banana: Your eating is awesome and you are amazing not eating the cc cookies and stopping the potential binge. I need you around 5pm when the chips & salsa show up here.

Good luck flying solo with the kids this week. Glad your DH won't be gone for so long. A week is tough, but months?! Yikes - I'm not sure all 3 of my children would survive me for that long! :rotfl2:

I bet the neighbors were laughing at us yesterday! We laid sod and had 2 empty pallets still out in the yard and I was so sick of looking at them. DH kept saying he’d break them down and get rid of them, but he just never got around to it before he left. So since the trash was going out the next day and it was pretty empty, I decided I’d do it myself. Both kids are out there with me and my hammer, trying to bust these things apart. DS10 kept jumping on the wood, trying to break it. I’m sure it looked pretty funny! Mind you it was still over 100 degrees outside and I was in my workout clothes and DS decided to take his shirt off, showing off his 4’10” 78lb scrawny body… :rolleyes: Finally I got the saw out and sawed through ½ of every board, then let DS jump on it to break it. It was hard work! It filled up the entire can, but at least it’s not in my yard anymore. :thumbsup2

I am struggling to get all my fiber in (25+ grams) since I don’t have those fiber cakes! I don’t know why I bother anyway, it’s not like it helps me. I’ve always had trouble “moving things along” and no amount of fiber or water seems to make a difference… :confused3 Only 1 week until we leave for vacation. It’ll be nice and hopefully I will behave with my eating and be able to fit into all my clothes when I get back. Totals yesterday were 1266 cal, 29g fat, 149g carbs, 108g protein, 26g fiber. I drank 100oz of water, 2 cups tea, a Minute Maid Light and a DC:

6:00am: Egg Beaters w/Red Pepper; Apricot & Mango O’s (1c) w/Skim Milk (1/2c); ½ Bran Muffin
8:30am: FF Cottage Cheese (1/2c); Papaya (1c)
11:30am: Chicken (3oz); Romaine (2c); FF Feta (2tbsp); Red Pepper (1/8c); Bacon Bits (1tbsp); LF Dressing (2tbsp)
2:30pm: LF String Cheese; Peach
6:30pm: Sauteed (in Butter-Flavored Pam) Shrimp (15); Wheat Noodles (1/4c); Yellow Squash (1c); SF/FF Pudding
WORKOUT: Weights (30min); Elliptical (35min)
RESISTED: Chocolate chip cookies (someone better eat them soon, I don’t know how much longer I can hold out); Post-dinner snacking! :cheer2:
Jane, I don't know what my neighbor was thinking. When it is 108 degrees, the last thing I want to do is bake something! DS ate 1.5 cookies for dessert, but DD didn't finish her dinner, so there are still 1.5 cookies left. She better eat them today! I go back to the dentist tomorrow. I am taking another Xanax. It helped because last time I had to get a filling I was drenched in sweat and this time I wasn't! :teeth:

Marie, soon you will be in the 140's, have faith! :goodvibes

Anna, trust me, I am no help around 5pm because that is when I start falling apart! I still can't chew anything harder than cottage cheese or cantaloupe. IT STINKS!!!! Hopefully when I mention it tomorrow the dentist will know exactly what it is and how to fix it. Of course not being able to chew on one side has not affected my ability to eat... :blush: When DH is gone for more than a month he gets to fly back for a weekend every 3 weeks. But it is still tough! He hasn't had a trip like that for 3 years (knock on wood).

Your food is amazing!! That, plus the workout w/ the wood....heck girl, you probably lost a good 5 lbs!!

keep it up....and who cares about the neighbors....you should have gone out in your bathing suit....flexed those muscles at them!!! lol!!

Great family workout yesterday!! Breaking down pallets is one rough job. Those workouts must be getting you strong. Good thing you had ds to help. It won't be long until he'll be taller than you; although, they stay scrawny for a long, long time. Ds is 6' and 138lbs!

Keep busy - it won't be long until dh is home and your getting ready for vacation. I hope your appointment goes well. Can you drive on a Xanax? I'd be scared to death I'd get pulled over.

Well, last night could have gone better... I was so excited because I got a new job!!!! :cheer2: It's still within the same company and everything, but I am flattered because my soon-to-be new manager came over and told my current manager that he wanted me to come work for him. My manager said he'd agree to a 6-month rotation, but I doubt I'll be coming back. I won't get a pay raise right away, but I most likely will when I am permanently transferred. YAY!!! :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :yay: The work will be way more challenging, which is great since I am not thrilled with my current position...

But with good news comes celebration. It was a planned leftover night, and DH came back a day early, so we decided to go out to dinner at one of our faves - Tia Rosa (you can't even get into the parking lot on the weekends). Of course I indulged in chips-n-salsa and a margarita. The most damage was when I came home. I felt full and yucky but I was very proud of myself because I DID NOT get on the scale this morning! I know I would have been mad at myself for gaining a pound or two, but I stuck to my guns and I am not going to weigh myself again until next Wednesday. I have no totals (don't want to know) but I drank 100+oz of water, 2 cups tea, a DC and a Midori Margarita:

6:00am: Chocolate Oatmeal; 1/2 Bran Muffin
8:45am: FF Cottage Cheese; Cantaloupe (1c)
11:30am: Leftover EFL Meatloaf; Cauliflower (1c)
2:40pm: Egg Whites (3); Peach
5-8pm: Chips-n-Salsa; Shrimp Taco w/Pineapple Salsa; Salmon Taco w/Mango Salsa; 2 Macaroons; Teddy Grahams (15); SF/FF Pudding; 1.5 Chocolate Chip Cookies (DD never ate them, I had to put them out of their misery!) :confused3
WORKOUT: Dog Walk (15min)
RESISTED: Going to Baskin Robbins; more macaroons (there are still 2 left)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marie, there is no way I would be doing manual labor in my bikini! There are some things that will traumatize children for life and I believe that is one of them! And if I lost 5lbs I'm sure I gained it back last night. I had a major sweet tooth!

Jane, I had DH drive me last time I took the Xanax and I could have easily driven myself. They are only 0.5mg and it really didn't have much of an effect except I wasn't drenched in sweat this time, which is a good thing! I am interested to see what he plans on doing with my hurting tooth.

Hi Amy!! I was just looking back over your journal, and you started it on June 28, 2005...almost a year ago! Look at all of the changes you have made in a year!

I wouldn't worry so much about last night...you deserve a celebration day! :banana: Just get back on track today and with the way you are eating, you should be peeling off the pounds before long! :cheer2:

Hey...congrats on the "promotion"!! You deserve it!! Isn't it great when someone recognizes what you can do!! Also...I'm jealous of the dinner last night. I LOVE mexican/Tex-mex food!! I do SO much damage everytime we go out....miserable, but worth it!!
Oh, and thank god the cookies are gone now!!!

:banana: :Pinkbounc :yay: Congrats on the promotion!!! :cheer2: :bounce: :yay: Thats a big deal. Sounds like you had a great time last night and you deserve it! After today's dental visit you'll probably be back to cottage cheese and melon for the weekend anyway. I bet at your weigh in next week you'll be right where you're supposed to be.

Hey Amy.....want some RIBS??? Or how about a big ol' steak??!!
ok...i'm just being mean!! Hope you're feeling better!!
I'm sending jello....of course when you get it, it will only be colored water....but it's the thought that counts!!

marie

Will the madness ever end?!?!? Another unplanned night of eating out, drinking and not exercising... :rolleyes1 I survived the dentist. :cool1: I told him about the hurting crown and he did all kinds of checks and he said that sometimes the tooth gets bruised and not happy and it could take a couple weeks for the swelling and bruising to go away. I asked if he gives shots when he seats the permanent crown and he said that it depends. I told him I am going to need one... :blush: After the dentist I had to get my hair cut (looks cute!) and then one of DH's friends was having a b-day celebration so I met him at the bar. I planned on having 1-2 drinks and leaving but people kept buying me drinks so next thing you know I've had 4 amaretto sours. And DH wanted to go out to eat so we ended up at Tia Rosa again! It was surprisingly uncrowded and there was no wait. And if that wasn't bad enough, I talked him into Baskin Robbins afterwards... :confused3 So again no totals, but I drank 80oz of water, 2 cups green tea, a Diet Rite, 4 amaretto sours and a Blue Margarita:

6:15am: Egg Beaters; Mango & Apricot O's (1c) w/Skim Milk (1/2c); 1/2 Bran Muffin
8:40am: FF Cottage Cheese (1/2c); Cantaloupe (1c)
11:20am: Chicken (3oz); Romaine (2c); LF Dressing (2tbsp); Bacon (1tbsp); FF Feta (2tbsp); Red Pepper (1/8c)
4:00pm: Waffle Pretzels (1 serving); LF Laughing Cow wedge
7:15pm: Chips-n-Salsa; Grilled Shrimp w/Ancho Honey Sauce (YUM!); Grilled onions, pineapple and peppers; Spanish Rice (1c)
8:00pm: Single Scoop Apple Pie a la Mode on a Sugar Cone
WORKOUT: None
RESISTED: Nothing :sad2:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karyn, welcome back! I doubt I will be peeling any pounds off soon. It's been a year and I've maintained my weight. I'm just trying to get in better shape and stay under 140 at this point!

Marie, I have to admit I was very proud of myself. Even though my boss doesn't realize my potential, at least someone else does! And I am actually having steak tonight, so there! I can chew whatever I want, just not on the left side... :guilty:

Jane, thanks! Our friends want us to come over tonight for drinks (they got their pool redone) but neither of us want to go. And I am going out to lunch for Meditteranean food with my friend tomorrow, which means lots of hummus and pita bread. It never ends!!!

Congrats on the new position!!! Some celebrating is definitely called for!

Sorry the dentist couldn't "fix" the sore tooth. Hopefully, it will fix itself soon. Definitely get the shot for the new crown! I've had three crowns now. The first two, I actually ended up needing root canals so Dr had to drill through the pretty crowns. :sad2: For the third one, Dr decided to use temp cement for the perm crown for three months in case I needed a third root canal. Of course, that tooth settled down. :crazy: But when it was time to have the crown permanently cemented I was pregnant w/ DD#3. No way, no how, was I having that crown removed and recemented w/o a shot so we just waited until after DD was born. After DD, the crown had been on for a year w/ no problems. Dr decided not to fuss with it. +3 years later and it is still doing fine - go figure!

I'm just glad that your crown is done - no permanent damage & you got to celebrate your promotion. Have a great weekend & take some time to celebrate! Congrats!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I just can't seem to get back on track! :sad2: We behaved and didn't go anywhere yesterday, but I was down in the dumps for some reason and I went way overboard on the snacks in the afternoon/evening. I am not thrilled with myself this morning, and I really wanted to step on the scale, but I knew it would just make me mad so I left it in the closet. :thumbsup2 I am trying to make excuses for not going to my gym classes this morning, but I have to go if I want any chance at making my exercise goal this month! Yesterday I drank 90oz water, a DC, 12oz FF Chai and 1 glass Reisling:

6:20am: Kashi Crunch (1/2c); FF Yogurt (1c); 1/2 Bran Muffin
10:30am: FF Cottage Cheese (1/2c); Cantaloupe (1c)
12:45pm: Leftover Pork Chop; Cauliflower (1c)
4:00pm: Egg Whites (3); Big Wheat Thins (10); Peanut Butter (2tbsp) :guilty:
5:30pm: Beef Jerky (3 small strips); S'mores cereal (1/3c) :confused3
6:45pm: Steak (6oz); Mashed Potatoes (3/4c); Corn (3/4c); SF/FF Pudding
WORKOUT: On the Ball (60min); Treadmill (30min)
RESISTED: Macaroons (I threw them out! :cheer2: ); Popcorn; 100 cal pack
Anna, why did you have to get a root canal? Because the tooth kept hurting? I really hope I don't have to have one of those! I am getting better at this dentist business. I think every time I go and nothing bad happens it gets a little better... Thanks for the congrats, I am really looking forward to starting my new job! Of course now it sounds like I won't be starting until after my vacation, but that's OK with me!

Jane, I still have the temp on (until July 15). It better stop hurting soon! I still can't chew anything hot or cold or hard on that side. I guess the one good thing is that it doesn't hurt all the time... Believe me, that's all I've been doing is celebrating! That's why I've been a little depressed these last couple days. I need to snap out of it, I've got a relaxing vacation coming up this week! :cool1:

Other than the beef jerky and cereal at 5:30, you did pretty good!! Those cravings will kill you! Just try to keep yourself busy when a craving hits. I find that is the perfect time to take the dog for a walk...by the time I get back, I'm too tired to eat! :dogdance: Or I eat ice cubes and numb my tongue so I can't taste anything! :tongue: Give yourself a break...you can't beat yourself up over every little detour. Just get back in the game tomorrow and start over again! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter