Amanda's Heading to the Beach Journal! Feedback Welcomed!

I was doing great until our pizza place of choice didn't have any salads available. Oh-oh! So I ended up eating a lot of pizza. So I was high in points yesterday, thankfully my weight has been at 165 all week long.

Plan for today:
To do the best I can.
Drink my water
And try not to get overwhelmed.
Alot of meals are out of my control today. :(

~Amanda

Just do the best you can today, Amanda. I'll add one of my favorite lines from the latest Freaky Friday movie - "Make good choices!". :goodvibes

It's Friday, girlfriend, and the weekend is almost here! :banana: I hope you have some fun planned but also some R&R on tap.

What is it with pizza places not having good salad?!?! Must be some sort of carb conspiracy ;)

HOpe you have a great weekend!

Hello Friends! This weekend was not a weekend full of good choices but I did have a great time. I did manage to get in some R and R. Our team also won the boccee ball championship! :banana: We won a whole lot of nothing, but we got some bragging rights!

2 of my girlfriends and I are going to sign up for a 10 week Yoga class starting next week. It is for one hour on Thursday evenings. So we went on Sunday and bought our Yoga clothes. :) I also got a cute new outfit and some sexy new undies. I decided to take my own advice and get some things that will help lift me up.

So a few weeks ago when I fell of the wagon big time I gained my typical 5 lbs. I've lost that 5 lbs but my jeans are still tight which makes me think it all just landed in my stomach and is not going away. I plan to up my exercise at Curves for this week and to do some ab work. I'm also going to TRY and count points and be good this week. I know Core works, now I just need to apply it everyday and not waiver. I forgot my food journal, but I'll pick it up when I go home for lunch. Which speaking of - I have NO idea what I'll have for lunch today. I need to get into that fridge and figure out some meals.

Okay - so this is a long journal entry! Thanks for making it this far.
Plan for today:
Exercise: Curves
Water: 8 glasses
Food: Make the best choices that I can.
b: coffee - 1.5 pts,

~Amanda

Yoga sounds like a great class for you, especially after a day of work. I've never taken a class but from other people I hear that you usually leave feeling relaxed and refreshed.

Congrats on the bocce ball league win!! Woo hoo!! :Pinkbounc

I hope you have a wonderful Monday, sweetie! :hug:

Amanda, you asked about the movie, Just Like Heaven. We really enjoy watching Reese Witherspoon and in that respect the movie was good. The rest of the actors were ok and the plot was fair. It's basically a fluff movie that would be fine as a DVD rental, unless you just want to get out of the house and sit in a dark theater for an hour.

As far as the Sisterhood books, I didn't strongly identify with any particular one of the characters but I did identify with each of them in their own way. It left me wishing I had a group of close friends like that when I was growing up. :p

I hope you have a good Tuesday! :sunny:

Yesterday I did okay - I could have done a lot better. I need to get back on the wagon - I"m not sure what wagon I'm getting on, but I need to do it. The ladies at Curves are following the curves diet and they have a meeting every Tuesday. Maybe I'll join them and see what it is all about. Right now I am trying to figure out if I want to attempt low carb again or if I should continue trying to attempt Core. I wish I could find a diet where I could eat pizza and ice cream everyday. :)

I'm in my bigger jeans today :( I'm hoping it will motivate me to follow at least some program today.

Yesterday I earned :) :) :) for vitamins, water, and exercise.

Plan for today:
b: ?
l: ?
d: ?
I know - looks appetizing doesn't it?
Exercise: Curves after work
Water: 8 glasses.

~Amanda

Hi Amanda!

Sending you some :wizard: for this beautiful fall morning. Hope you have a wonderful day today! :sunny:

Hi Amanda,

I hope you are having a great evening. I hope you had something yummy today.

I want to see the movie too but Won vetoed it.

Take care,
Beth

Well the bigger jeans didn't work to motivate me to eat healthy :rolleyes: Here is what my food looked like yesterday:
bannana nut muffin
Peanutbutter and jelly sandwich
several diet sodas
6 glasses of water
half of a chicken parmesean dinner
bowl of chicken tortellini soup
small size frozen custard.

Yep - that looks healthy. I did go and workout at Curves though so I at least did that much. Yesterday I was shown www.flylady.com website - I love it! I shined my sink last night and it looks so pretty! The site is suppose to help you develop routines when it comes to cleaning. I probably won't be able to accomplish the entire program but I can at least do some of the things. The main goals I'm focusing on right now is.
1. Keeping my sink clean
2. making my bed every morning
3. putting away what I get out.

Today is sort of Off Kilter due to needing to attend a wake. :guilty: I was going to go to Curves after work but I over slept today and didn't have time for a shower. So now after work I'll need to go home and freshen up before leaving for the wake. I'm thinking I may go to Curves either Thursday night or Friday morning. I have to go at least 3 times a week - we are playing the game of Survivor. In order to stay on the island you have to go to Curves 3 times a week AND get weighed and measured every month. Whoever is the last person on the island wins one year memebership!

So plan for today:
Exercise: Rest Day
Water: 8 glasses
food:
b: shredded wheat, honey, splenda, skim milk - 1 pt
l: probably leftover chicken parmesean
s: apple
d: Somthing on the go. Maybe Subway.

I need to get to the grocery store and pick up some healthy items for the house.

~Amanda

Flylady is an awesome site, as long as you start slowly and don't get overwhelmed. The idea of cleaning routines is a great one! Maybe I'll go home and shine my sink tonight.

Having the right groceries in the house can make all the difference in the world in my eating. I hope you can get to the grocery store soon and stock up on yummy healthy foods.

I'm with you on the tight jeans, unfortunately. :hyper2: We're going to drink our water today, right??

:( Sorry you have to attend a wake. Often I see people that I haven't seen for a while and it's a positive experience in the end. I hope you can find a silver lining in this cloud.

I'm sending :goodvibes your way from Harrisburg PA. :hug:

Hang in there Amanda - something will fit with you and then you will just take off and running!!!! You are doing well by at least recognizing that you want to do this and need to do something. And you are still going to Curves (hey that is cool about "Survivor" and the one-year membership!!!! something to definitely go for) and keeping up with vitamins and water. That's great!!!! Hang in there.

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

When in doubt pick up a book. Last night I dusted off a book that I haven't read in a long time called "The Diet Trap." It is a great book and the things I underlined are still the things I struggle with today. This book is all about leveling out your body chemistry and taking care of yourself so that you lose weight. Some how I lost that goal along the way. The junk food I've been filling myself with has not only helped me gain weight, but it is dragging me down.

Interesting note she mentions that when you have a lot of fat cells (like me) they will actually signal your body to feed them. Therefore making you crave more food and more fat.

So today my focus is on healthy foods - not neccessarily low fat or low carb but healthy. However it will take me longer to break the caffine habit.

Goals for October:
1. Rev up my metabolism by eating 6 times per day and working out at Curves 3 x's per week, Yoga 1x per week.

2. Healthy foods - making healthy choices.

3. De-stress. When we get stressed our body craves fuel. This is esepcially true for me at work where it seems I get stressed out in the afternoons. I will need to impliment deep breathing exercises as well as do a quick walk around the building. :)

Plan for today:
Water: 8 glasses (only got in 5 yesterday)
Exercise: Curves
Food:
Healthy and Happy foods!
b: apple and coffee.

~Amanda

Amanda, sounds like a great book! In all my reading, I have to agree, they talk about body chemistry being a key. When your body chemistry is out of whack, it's so much harder to eat right and exercise.

I posted to a thread on the CB this morning where I said that, for me, this weight battle goes way deeper than "eat right and exercise". When I'm not stressed, when I'm confident and calm, I actually crave healthy foods and I enjoy extra movement. The key for me is in limiting my stress and being proactive when handling the stresses I can't get rid of.

If we keep working at this, figuring out what works for us and what doesn't, and sharing our experiences, eventually we WILL be able to tame this weight beast! ::yes::

:hug: for your day, dear Amanda!

Great plan! That's been my focus too; healthy, whole foods instead of processed stuff (especially sugar...although I haven't always succeeded on this front ;))

The Curves Survivor game sounds like a blast! Great prize! The combo of Curves and yoga sounds like a good one; let me know what you think of the yoga class. I've thought about taking one at school, but I'm too chicken ;)

Have a great day!

Hi Amanda,

It seems like you have figured out a solid plan. I am trying to cut out the processed junk as well. It is everywhere, and tht mkes it tough.

Keep on fighting the good fight,
Beth

Hey, Amanda! :) Here's a big :hug: for you and an extra-large helping of :wizard: .

Yep, I have to get in on the discussion here--it seems that all I've read is leading to the same conclusion: body chemistry is KEY for some of us. I'm glad that you mentioned the title of your book. . .it sounds like something up my alley! Guess a trip to the library is in my future!

I'm still struggling with the caffeine issue. Processed junk is everywhere, and so is caffeine! I've had to learn to say no to the diet coke and iced tea at meals out and go for the old "water with lemon." Still, though, I cometimes find myself caving and having that yummy D. Coke! :p Maybe we can come up with a caffeine-elimination strategy together?

So, what are your plans for the weekend? In case you haven't heard:

It's Friday!

Erin

Thanks Doe, rcyannacci, Erin and Beth for stopping by my journal! You ladies are awesome. I got a little further in my book last night and it says to fuel your metabolism in the morning you should eat your first breakfast within 30 minutes of your waking up. She says your breakfast should contain, wholewheat, fruit, and protein but I can space it out over 2 smaller meals. So right now I am eating PB&J on whole wheat bread and in a little bit I'll have some Natural applesauce. She has some menus in her book but to be honest they all sound a little complicated to make in the morning before I've had a cup of coffee.

DH and I are off today so that we can get some much needed errands done. I have a busy weekend as usual ahead of me. I am hoping to fit in Curves today so that I don't get kicked off the island!

~Amanda

A day off for BOTH of you??? WAY TO GO!! Now THAT'S the way to start a weekend! ::yes:: :teeth: Enjoy every moment!

Your book sounds very interesting. I've got a few others on the reading list at the moment but I'm going to write down the title for later.

Breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up??? How am I supposed to eat anything at 5:45 AM??? :p Of course if I need time to eat before I leave the house, I'll have to wake up earlier than 5:15. Hmmm, it IS worth a try, since my current habits aren't working too well. ;) I'd try just about anything to get my "thin" size 12s to fit again.

:rockband: FRIDAY PARTY!!
and let's not forget
:cheer2: GO CARDS!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter