Amanda's Heading to the Beach Journal! Feedback Welcomed!

I've got a plan for the week! Or at least I hope I do. I made Beef Stew tonight for dinner so I have enough of that to get me at least 2 lunches. I did have to use some flour to thicken it up, but I'm not going to fret over it when there is so much other yummy things in the pot like carrots, celery, and potatoes.

I went to the grocery store today and stocked up on healthy items to eat. Lots of Healthy Choice Soups, Whole Wheat Bread, lean turkey meat, and chicken breast.

Exercise Plan:
Mon: Curves
Tues: Curves
Wens: Curves
Thurs: Yoga
Fri: Rest
Sat: 2 mile walk

~Amanda

Good Morning Wish Buddies! Today is day one of five. I'm going to see if I can make it the next 5 days and then I'll figure out something from there :) I need to lose weight - even my fat pants are starting to feel tight on me.

Plan for today:
b:WW toast w/pb, yogurt, apple
l: leftover beef stew
s: pear
d: Chicken and Brown Rice dish, veggies
s: popcorn

Exercise: Curves and 8 minutes of Ab work.

~Amanda

:cheer2: Go, Amanda! :cheer2: Here's a big load of :wizard: for Day #2. You can do it!

:hug:,
Erin

I did great yesterday - add a glass of red wine to my list and I met everything. God I love having a plan - it makes me feel so centered. :)

I've been using the flylady website and while I haven't been following it word for word I have been taking bits and pieces and adding it to my life. My sink is always clean - LOVE IT! My hot spots in the kitchen and living room are picked up at the end of the day. My clothes are set out for work the night before and my bed is always made. :goodvibes LOVE IT! :goodvibes

My food plan for today:
b: yogurt, apple, WW bread w/sugar free preserves
l: tuna salad on wheat crackers, glass of skim milk
s: Pear/Grapes
d: Grilled Chicken Salad w/Ranch Dressing
s: popcorn or fruit
Exercise: Curves and 8 minutes of Abs

Stats:
166/166/150

~Amanda

Hmmm I may have to start doing flylady myself. It certainly sounds like you have your life under control. Congrats on a great day yesterday. I hope today is better.

Take care,
Beth

Ahh, the joys of a clean sink. I'm feeling that kitchen love at my house, too, Amanda. Thanks for reminding us all about the flylady. :flower:

OK now, how did it go yesterday? Are you up for another round of healthy living today? You're in my thoughts and prayers as you strive to treat yourself RIGHT! :Pinkbounc

Have a good one,
Erin

Yesterday was another successful day! Remove the 8 minute abs and the popcorn and I stuck to plan! I am going to have to alter my plan a bit today for 2 reasons.

1. They are bringing BBQ into work for a contest my team won. I was part of the success and I want to partake in the food. So I had to modify my menu a bit - but I did bring in WW bread to make my sandwich on instead of using their buns.

2. No Curves today. My right shoulder feels like I strained it so I am going to skip the Curves workout. The good news is that it looks beautiful outside so I may get home and do a quick 1 mile walk.

Plan for today:
b: 1 slice of cheese, apple, yogurt
l: BBQ pork or chicken on WW bread, skim milk
s: Fruit
d: Pork Chops simmered in Apple Juice, stuffing (small portion), Veggies, skim milk
s: popcorn/fruit
Exercise: 1 mile walk and 10 minutes of Ab work.
Water: 6 glasses

The scale has rewarded me for being so good. Stats: 166.5/165/150

Feeling good and centered again today - clothes were ready to go this morning, bed made, sink clean, hot spots are still hot but I'll put them out tonight when I get home.

~Amanda

It's great to see how Flying is working for you! I'm impressed! Isn't it amazing how a clean area in your house can make you feel so good and motivate you to clean just a little more? :goodvibes

Congrats on that scale moving downward!! I know that it's because you are eating the right foods in the right portions (way to go on bringing your WW bread!!) and you are exercising, but I'm inclined to think a LITTLE of your success might be tied to your beloved Cards and their winning streak. I'm doing my best to support them - I've got Amber Bock beer in the fridge and wore my Cards sweatshirt to the store the other night! Go Cards!! :cheer2: Cheering for your favorite team burns calories!! :cool1:

I hope you have a wonderful day! :cloud9:

DoeWDW said:
It's great to see how Flying is working for you! I'm impressed! Isn't it amazing how a clean area in your house can make you feel so good and motivate you to clean just a little more? :goodvibes

Congrats on that scale moving downward!! I know that it's because you are eating the right foods in the right portions (way to go on bringing your WW bread!!) and you are exercising, but I'm inclined to think a LITTLE of your success might be tied to your beloved Cards and their winning streak. I'm doing my best to support them - I've got Amber Bock beer in the fridge and wore my Cards sweatshirt to the store the other night! Go Cards!! :cheer2: Cheering for your favorite team burns calories!! :cool1:

I hope you have a wonderful day! :cloud9:

:rotfl: :rotfl: You actually bought Amberbach! I'm so proud! :banana: Our Cardinals are doing well, hopefully they can kick some Astro butt and go to the World Series again. Last night we watched the Angels vs. White Sox came - Go Angels!

Enjoy the weather and your walk today! Great plan to bring your own bread in for the BBQ.

Have a great day! :)

:cheer2: :cheer2: GO CARDS GO!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

It's funny how one weekend visit, a new sweatshirt and friends who are avid fans can turn me into a Cards fan! :teeth: I didn't watch the game last night but I did eagerly listen for the score this morning.

I hope your shoulder is feeling better and that you got outside for a stroll last evening. We've had rain non-stop for days and days so I'm glad to hear your weather is better, since your weather now is usually my weather in a few days. :sunny:

I hope you have a wonderful Thursday, Amanda!!

:love: and :hug:

Doe the weather is wonderful here - so give it some time and you to will have sunshine! :)

My Cardinals played well last night! So excited! :Pinkbounc

I did good yesterday. I probably ate more then I should have at both lunch and dinner but I did manage to go for a 1.5 mile walk and drink my 6 glasses of water. I forgot to do my ab work :rolleyes: I need to add this to my night time routine.

Again my house looks so nice right now. My sink is cleaned - for a whole week! My hot spots are out, my living room is picked up, my bed is made. I took 5 minutes to do a room rescue last night in my office. But my guest bedroom/scrapbooking room is still out of sorts. That room won't be clean clean until my latest scrapbook is done. Fortunantly I have time this weekend to dedicate to it.

Plan for today:
b: shredded wheat w/honey and skim milk. Fruit or fruit juice - whatever I can get downstairs.
l: tuna salad on wheat crackers, skim milk
s: fruit - pear
d: Going to Culpeppers resturant - they have a great Cobb Salad that I plan on ordering.
s: Grapes

Water: 6 glasses
Exercise: Curves but I am skipping the arm machines. It still really hurts.

The scale was kind again as it hovered under 165lbs but not quite at 164. So stats: 166.5/164.5/150

~Amanda

Ah! I have the whole house to myself this evening and I would love to just sit here and enjoy it. I end up varying off my menu today - but really only for lunch. Part of me says go to Curves and workout it will make you feel better. The rest of me says enjoy the peace and quite while you have it. So hard to resist either idea...................... I really would love to take a nap on the couch.

menu for the day that actually happened:
b: shredded wheat w/honey, 2 servings of 100% orange juice
l: half of a Chimichanga and about 1/2 cup of mexican rice. Some chips and salsa, 2 glasses of water
s: none
d: garden salad, 5 buffalo chicken wings, 2 glasses of water

~Amanda

I'm glad I got off my lazy butt and went to Curves last night because the scale was up a bit this morning. But that is okay - I can't expect to lose everyday especially when I endulged a bit. The important thing is that I get back on track today.

Plan for today:
b:WW toast w/PB, apple, yogurt
l: tuna salad on Wheat Crackers
s: Pears
d: Pizza - 2 slices

We have bocce ball tonight so no exercise for me. It is going to be cool doing this so I think when I get home I'll have me a cup of hot chocolate w/skim milk.

~Amanda

:( So sad about the Cards last night. :( I figure they just wanted to inflate the Astros' egos, so they'll crash harder when they get whooped in Houston. :goodvibes

You were a Curve-y girl last night!!! WOO HOO!! :Pinkbounc Way to go on getting that exercise in! I bet you slept better last night because you worked out.

Best of luck at bocce ball tonight and savor that hot chocolate!

:hug: and :love:

Happy Sunday everyone! Well yesterday was suppose to be my day of cleaning the house and putting out the fall decorations. That when out the door when my girlfriend called me and said - we are going shopping! I had so much fun. Two girlfriends and I hit Mimi's Cafe for lunch where we had 2 bottles of wine, split two appetisers between us and 2 desserts. Bread Pudding - yummy! :p Then we hit some stores. I didn't buy much - mostly fall decorations for the house. Then we got back in the car and drove down the highway singing Dixie Chicks at the top of our lungs - got some mochas and headed home. We had a blast. Thankfully my kitchen sink and hot spots were all out! ;)

Today I need to get back on the wagon. The good news yesterday is that my size 12 jeans were fitting again - HOORAY! I would like to fit in a brisk walk later today but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

:)

~Amanda

Sounds like you had an awesome day yesterday!! :Pinkbounc

Yes, now it's back to reality, especially if you'd like those size 12s to KEEP fitting. ;)

Bravo on the Flying!! It's amazing how a few areas that are clean can really lift our mood! Once it's clean and uncluttered, only a few minutes a day can keep it that way.

You are in the groove, dear Amanda!! :sunny:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm seeing Red ladies! The Cardinals are blowing it. I didn't have to exercise yesterday - watching their pathetic try to play baseball got my blood pressure up quite enough. AUGH!

My week is sort of Off Kilter. Brian's step-fathers, mother died. Did you follow that? So we have the wake tonight and the funeral tomorrow. So no Curves for me today. I'm thinking I'll get up early on Tuesday and go workout before the funeral.

Workout Schedule for the week:
Mon: Rest
Tues: Curves
Wens: Curves
Thurs: Curves/Walking
Fri: Rest
Sat: Curves/Walking
Sun: Rest

Menu for today:
b: eggs w/ham, greenpeppers, and mushrooms, granola bar
l: leftover porkchop, and greenbeans
s: pear
d: ??? I'm really not sure. It might just be a turkey sandwich. while we drive down to the wake.
water: 6 to 8 glasses

stats: 166.5/165/150
~Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter