AllStars...

I am at Sports right now. Never had a desire to stay here but it's my favorite of the three now. Probably our 15th time maybe. I like that it has a small footprint and it feels fairly shaded. Movies standards were just too far and sunny for me. If I stay there it would have to be preferred.
Same. Stayed there in May and liked the room and location while paying a great rate. I booked it again for December. Employees in the cafeteria were so nice.

Same. Stayed there in May and liked the room and location while paying a great rate. I booked it again for December. Employees in the cafeteria were so nice.
I have been disappointed in AllStar CMs for years but this trip was a clear difference. Everyone smiling, saying hello, a young man walked me to my room when I asked which way the # was, food court folks smiling - everyone speaking to us, even landscapers this morning. Big enough difference something has changed at top. My housekeeper top notch on our room!!! Best AllStar experience so far and likely have 20+ stays. Loved my POP (over 40 stays) but Skyliner priced me out if I want to keep coming as often.

* Best experience and wish I got her name - it’s 2 am after MNSSHP. Put DS (disabled) in shower while I ran for ice. First time ever I removed my MB and left my phone. YEP locked out. This gal rolls up below to change trash bags. I called down to her to explain. She came right up, called front desk to get name in room, asked my name. She opened door and verified my license. Saved me, all with a smile at 2 am.

Last edited:
I would pick Sports because I am a sports fan. But, you should take my opinion with a grain of salt because ASMu is my least favorite resort in all of WDW :scared:.

I have been disappointed in AllStar CMs for years but this trip was a clear difference. Everyone smiling, saying hello, a young man walked me to my room when I asked which way the # was, food court folks smiling - everyone speaking to us, even landscapers this morning. Big enough difference something has changed at top. My housekeeper top notch on our room!!! Best AllStar experience so far and likely have 20+ stays. Loved my POP (over 40 stays) but Skyliner priced me out if I want to keep coming as often.

* Best experience and wish I got her name - it’s 2 am after MNSSHP. Put DS (disabled) in shower while I ran for ice. First time ever I removed my MB and left my phone. YEP locked out. This gal rolls up below to change trash bags. I called down to her to explain. She came right up, called front desk to get name in room, asked my name. She opened door and verified my license. Saved me, all with a smile at 2 am.
Have they finished the Sport Goofy refurb?

Interested if there were any major changes.

IMG_6365.jpegIMG_6366.jpegHave they finished the Sport Goofy refurb?

Interested if there were any major changes.
Uh what is Sport Goofy? We pretty much sleep and shower so …

Okay I read signs on the way back 😄

Gift Shop is half open during construction and Arcade is completely closed.

IMG_6365.jpeg

IMG_6366.jpeg

IMG_6367.jpeg

Last edited:
I know this doesn't matter to most, but we do strongly appreciate the movie under stars situation at Sports, much more than Movies. At sport they play it right at the pool so some can swim, some can hang on the loungers, but all can watch the movie. It's honestly a pretty big turn off at movies because it's so far removed from the pool area. I always have a kid or 2 who want to watch the movie, but then others in our group just want to hang at the pool, so the Sports set up is much more convenient for us. We definitely like the theming at Movies better, but we've moved to Sports on an upcoming trip mainly for the movie/pool situation. Being the 1st bus stop if sharing and saving a lil money is also a bonus.

Uh what is Sport Goofy? We pretty much sleep and shower so …

Okay I read signs on the way back 😄

Gift Shop is half open during construction and Arcade is completely closed.

View attachment 896096

View attachment 896097

View attachment 896098
Great report!

Didn't know the Arcade is under refurb-the walk over to the Music Arcade is not too bad for Arcade fans.

I like the new look at Sport Goofy-looks like the floor is "maybe" half of a Basketball Court with the other half coming.

I hope they throw in a few Hidden Mickeys!

I know this doesn't matter to most, but we do strongly appreciate the movie under stars situation at Sports, much more than Movies. At sport they play it right at the pool so some can swim, some can hang on the loungers, but all can watch the movie. It's honestly a pretty big turn off at movies because it's so far removed from the pool area. I always have a kid or 2 who want to watch the movie, but then others in our group just want to hang at the pool, so the Sports set up is much more convenient for us. We definitely like the theming at Movies better, but we've moved to Sports on an upcoming trip mainly for the movie/pool situation. Being the 1st bus stop if sharing and saving a lil money is also a bonus.
Saw last night it moved to pool, great idea especially in the heat. How fun!! IMG_6368.jpeg

ASMusic is our go-to but we can't get a room. Would you choose Movies or Sports, and why?
If you’re using Disney transportation, Sports is the first stop - which means getting off crowded buses sooner ant park closing and/or being able to get on an empty bus in the morning.

It tends to have better discounts than Movies too. People talk about theming, but the majority of our time is in the room and you won’t be able to tell much of a difference between the interior at any of the rooms.

Have a great trip! 😊

If you’re using Disney transportation, Sports is the first stop - which means getting off crowded buses sooner ant park closing and/or being able to get on an empty bus in the morning.

It tends to have better discounts than Movies too. People talk about theming, but the majority of our time is in the room and you won’t be able to tell much of a difference between the interior at any of the rooms.

Have a great trip! 😊
I have never shared a bus at the AllStars except to Disney Springs.

We did our first few years ie in the 2000s...but it was actually better. they sent the same number of buses but you could get on any bus so the waits weren't so long. Resorts like CBR have bus stops inside them so I never understood why people didn't like the AllStars sharing buses.

The three resorts can share or not share buses depending on the needs at any given particular time.

It’s also not a criticism. For two resorts that are almost the same, the small stuff can be the deciding factor. That’s all.

The three resorts can share or not share buses depending on the needs at any given particular time.

It’s also not a criticism. For two resorts that are almost the same, the small stuff can be the deciding factor. That’s all.
I understand they have the ability just like Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter (I have shared there). I'm just saying in about 15-20 stays I have never experienced that and I very often get on buses at non-peak times when it would make sense. I personally wouldn't make a decision based on that because of my experience of it not happening.

I understand they have the ability just like Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter (I have shared there). I'm just saying in about 15-20 stays I have never experienced that and I very often get on buses at non-peak times when it would make sense. I personally wouldn't make a decision based on that because of my experience of it not happening.

We left AK well afrer 7PM a few weeks ago. The park closed at 6PM (we got in line for Avatar at the last minute, the took our time exiting the park). We were the only ones waiting for any of the AS… we saw two Music and one Sports bus come and leave empty before Movies showed up.

I’m sure at times they combine busses, but I wouldn’t plan around it.

We stared at Sports for Christmas/ New Years 1996 and hated it so much, we didn’t return to the AS until last month. We stayed right outside the Football section and kids played football all day long. Very, very nosy especially considering the AS have paper thin walls to begin with.

We stayed at Movies. Movies was very nice - it’s designed very similar as the newer Pop Century, with larger props and a park-like layout. Of course, the IP is very 1990s.

We visited all three properties.. they’re identical. Movies didn’t get the updated food court, but it’s getting one now. Sports gift shop is under construction… looks like they’re adding refrigerators. You can get from Sports to the furthest part of Movies in 20 min or so, so the properties aren’t as large as they seem.

Oh and if you order food via the app pay attention! We were equidistant from Music and then app defaulted to that. Once we made our order there and went to pick it up at Movies. She asked us what we ordered, then made our food. We thought it was odd until I noticed later it was made at the wrong location lol

We left AK well afrer 7PM a few weeks ago. The park closed at 6PM (we got in line for Avatar at the last minute, the took our time exiting the park). We were the only ones waiting for any of the AS… we saw two Music and one Sports bus come and leave empty before Movies showed up.

I’m sure at times they combine busses, but I wouldn’t plan around it.
The All-Stars used to share A LOT.

And they do still share some,but it seems in recent years the sharing is WAY DOWN.

Below is a chart I made from a trip to Sports in 2015.

Sunday April 19----Sports to DAK(EMH)----7:44AM to 7:52AM----8 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:51PM to 12:57PM----6 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----5:37PM to 5:57PM----20 minutes----Share
MK to Music----10:31PM to 10:52PM----21 minutes----Direct
(Hopped on a waiting Music Bus and then walked back to Sports.)

Monday April 20----Sports to MK----6:49AM to 7:04AM----15 minutes----Direct
(BOG Breakfast!)
Epcot to Sports----12:31PM to 12:42PM----11 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----2:44PM to 3:04PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----7:00PM to 7:12PM----12 minutes----Share

Tuesday April 21----Sports to DHS----7:58AM to 8:10AM----12 minutes----Direct
DHS to Sports----11:01AM to 11:15AM----14 minutes----Direct
Sports to DTD----2:23PM to 2:50PM----27 minutes----Share
DHS to Sports----9:57PM to 10:09PM----12 minutes----Share

Wednesday April 22----Sports to DAK----7:33AM to 7:44AM(EMH)----11 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:29PM to 12:37PM----8 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----1:30PM to 1:49PM----19 minutes----Share
MK to Music----9:25PM to 9:40PM----15 minutes----Direct

Thursday April 23----Sports to Epcot----11:10AM to 11:19AM----9 minutes----Direct
DTD to Sports----5:18PM to 5:37PM-----19 minutes----Share

Friday April 24----Sports to Epcot----8:06AM to 8:17AM-----11 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----10:27AM to 10:43AM----16 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----12:23PM to 12:43PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----9:14PM to 9:30PM----16 minutes----Direct

Saturday April 25----Sports to DHS(EMH)----7:20AM to 7:30AM-----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports-----4:16PM to 4:30PM----14 minutes----Share

Sunday April 26----Sports to MK----9:15AM to 9:30AM----15 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----12:20PM to 12:32PM-----12 minutes-----Share
Time to board THE SAD BUS!!!!BOOOOOOOO!!!!:):):):)

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest