All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! A May 2014 TR -- Updated 11/20

Magic Carpets! I have our selfie! It's a little dark, but I have it. With me making a stupid silly face as always.

Ugh, I was so done at that point. I fell right on my bed when I got back to the room and fell asleep.

Hahaha, the Mickey pretzel. That was torn into before you could take a picture and Franklin rebuild. Oh yes, I remember.

A few hours of sleep was definitely a good idea for you guys. I didn't want to miss out on my SWW fun the next day either!

Mickey bar! Great way to beat the heat.

I have to get more of the Her Universe items for next year! My brother and I are doing SWW over Memorial Day weekend. Which very well may coincide with the 24 hour party if they do another one!

The selfie! I remember how difficult that selfie felt in the wee hours of the morning. :lmao: And the rebuilt Mickey pretzel, harder to put back together than you would think.

The Her Universe stuff is so cute. The Transformer dresses are super cute, I was thinking of getting one for Universal.

Ah I love Warwick! So jealous!

He was fantastic! So charismatic! And (this is a bit of a spoiler), we go to Warwick's show the next day of the trip and it's even better than Stars of the Saga.

The parade looks great! We've never been to a Star Wars weekend.

Your mickey bars look like an awesome way to beat the heat!

Smart move on the premium SW package with all you can eat Mickey Bars after the 24 hour party. That looks like the perfect boost to get through the day on little sleep!

Cute PP pictures of you two!!

We didn't make it there nearly that early but honestly I have ZERO SW knowledge so while everyone looks cool I don't understand it a bit. Its on my winter bucket list, though!

Love the fab 5 dressed up, though! CUTE!

Yay, I'm finally all caught up! The 24 hour parties seem like they are just SO much fun. Hopefully we will be able to get to one someday...I wish they had started doing those back when DH and I were still going to the parks just the two of us! It's a lot harder to plan on doing one with a kid in tow.

I don't know who ANY of those people are in your SWW photos except Warwick Davis, and the HP nerd in me squealed a bit! I'm heading over to your new TR now!

Wow! I definitely have not been out that late at MK before! I think the latest I've been was midnight when we went to MVMCP.
Ah, one of these days I'll make it over to SWW so for now I will just have to live vicariously through others ;)! Love your Her Universe X-Wing dress! Ashley's fashions are awesome!!
Great pics so far from the parade, can't wait to see more :thumbsup2

You guys totally bounced back nicely after such a late night and long day at MK!! Always good to start with a Mickey Bar in those kind of circumstances :thumbsup2

My DH is a Star Wars fan, so I imagine one of these trips is going to have to be on a SWW. If he was actually on the DIS, then he'd have already demanded it. :rotfl:

I'm a fan of Warwick Davis, for sure. I love the movie Willow, and or course Professor Flitwick and Griphook. He has certainly had an impressive career!

Glad you made it there in time to check in for the premium package and for the parade .... knowing there were unlimited Mickey Bars probably helped a bit - breakfast of champions, you know

I love that the Jedi Training Academy members get to be involved with the parade - must be a trill for those kids!

The 501 is just so impressive. The wookies are definitely the highlight for me - but I also love the people that have the armor on, but the ones that look like they have seen some battle and are a bit beat up

All the added things for Star Wars Weekends were just so great. Love the pictures. We had see Warwick Davis a few years ago with his family.

Nice job staying up so late (early) during the 24 hour party.

Love the pictures of Space Mtn with the lights on. I'm pretty sure one of the Y.E.S. classes we will be doing on Ben's class trip in June is a physics class where we ride SM with the lights off and then with the lights on, before the park opens.

Can't wait!!!

:cool1:

So my answer to your question about how late we have been at a Disney park surprised me when I figured it out. As you know, I am an early morning, 0 Dark-thirty kind of girl, so we haven't spent many late nights in the parks. But on Nate's class trip, I remember being at EPCOT during the 3 hour late night EMH, looking at my watch when we were in Japan and saying, "Holy CR*P, it's 11:30!"

We still had to get the kids back to ASMovies.

Fortunately, there was no curfew and we weren't even the last group back!

:rotfl2:

Dee (natebenma) said that for the YES class one year, they rode Space with the lights off AND with the lights on. That would be awesome, and a little terrifying.

As I caught up, I see you mentioned this!

The year I went with Nate was one of the only years the school DIDN'T do this class at MK. Instead we got to go backstage in the ballroom scene at Haunted Mansion (supremely cool), we watched Philharmagic (cool) and we sat through Stitch (NOT COOL)

I am wicked excited they are planning on doing the physics class again this coming year!

:goodvibes

I'm all caught up now and loving the Star Wars stuff. SW and Mickey Bars!?!

Yes, please!

The parade/kick off show looked very impressive. I love the Disney characters dressed as SW characters. Adorable!

:ewok:

Catching up on this trip report too (by the way so jealous you had two trips this summer).

Way to hang in there on the 24 hour day, you guys certainly made the most of it. Totally agree with 7 dwarfs is best at flight. I wasn't very impressed on our day time trip, but the whole thing really came to life in the dark. Love all the pics with you and Danielle's crew. I can only fathom the mischief you 5 are capable off ; )

Much to m pay husbands chagrin SWW is lost on me, but on a girly note I love your dress. No idea what it is an homage to, but it's a great color and shape.

The parade looks great! We've never been to a Star Wars weekend.

Your mickey bars look like an awesome way to beat the heat!

SWW + Mickey bars = Perfection!

Smart move on the premium SW package with all you can eat Mickey Bars after the 24 hour party. That looks like the perfect boost to get through the day on little sleep!

Cute PP pictures of you two!!

We didn't make it there nearly that early but honestly I have ZERO SW knowledge so while everyone looks cool I don't understand it a bit. Its on my winter bucket list, though!

Love the fab 5 dressed up, though! CUTE!

Sugar and caffeine is exactly what we needed after the 24-hour day. The SWW stuff ended up being really fun.

Yay, I'm finally all caught up! The 24 hour parties seem like they are just SO much fun. Hopefully we will be able to get to one someday...I wish they had started doing those back when DH and I were still going to the parks just the two of us! It's a lot harder to plan on doing one with a kid in tow.

I don't know who ANY of those people are in your SWW photos except Warwick Davis, and the HP nerd in me squealed a bit! I'm heading over to your new TR now!

There were lots of strollers with peacefully sleeping children in them in the wee hours of the morning at MK. I was envious of their strollers. ;) And, as a fellow HP nerd, just wait until you see the Warwick Davis fun we have the next day of this trip!

Wow! I definitely have not been out that late at MK before! I think the latest I've been was midnight when we went to MVMCP.
Ah, one of these days I'll make it over to SWW so for now I will just have to live vicariously through others ;)! Love your Her Universe X-Wing dress! Ashley's fashions are awesome!!
Great pics so far from the parade, can't wait to see more :thumbsup2

Thanks! What was your favorite part of MVMCP? We're starting to figure out a game plan for the party in December, we've never been!

You guys totally bounced back nicely after such a late night and long day at MK!! Always good to start with a Mickey Bar in those kind of circumstances :thumbsup2

I was pretty proud we bounced back the way we did, and managed a full day in the park the next day!

My DH is a Star Wars fan, so I imagine one of these trips is going to have to be on a SWW. If he was actually on the DIS, then he'd have already demanded it. :rotfl:

I'm a fan of Warwick Davis, for sure. I love the movie Willow, and or course Professor Flitwick and Griphook. He has certainly had an impressive career!

I definitely planned this SWW part of the trip especially for Franklin. He loves all things Star Wars, though I'm definitely a fan too. It was a lot of fun, I highly recommend you try it!

Glad you made it there in time to check in for the premium package and for the parade .... knowing there were unlimited Mickey Bars probably helped a bit - breakfast of champions, you know

I love that the Jedi Training Academy members get to be involved with the parade - must be a trill for those kids!

The 501 is just so impressive. The wookies are definitely the highlight for me - but I also love the people that have the armor on, but the ones that look like they have seen some battle and are a bit beat up

The 501 was so incredibly impressive and detailed! The young Jedi were so cute, they all looked so excited to be there and help defend the galaxy!

All the added things for Star Wars Weekends were just so great. Love the pictures. We had see Warwick Davis a few years ago with his family.

He was fantastic all weekend, his family was with him too!

Nice job staying up so late (early) during the 24 hour party.

Love the pictures of Space Mtn with the lights on. I'm pretty sure one of the Y.E.S. classes we will be doing on Ben's class trip in June is a physics class where we ride SM with the lights off and then with the lights on, before the park opens.

Can't wait!!!

:cool1:

So my answer to your question about how late we have been at a Disney park surprised me when I figured it out. As you know, I am an early morning, 0 Dark-thirty kind of girl, so we haven't spent many late nights in the parks. But on Nate's class trip, I remember being at EPCOT during the 3 hour late night EMH, looking at my watch when we were in Japan and saying, "Holy CR*P, it's 11:30!"

We still had to get the kids back to ASMovies.

Fortunately, there was no curfew and we weren't even the last group back!

:rotfl2:

I can just see you looking at your watch and going "Holy CR&P!"

As I caught up, I see you mentioned this!

The year I went with Nate was one of the only years the school DIDN'T do this class at MK. Instead we got to go backstage in the ballroom scene at Haunted Mansion (supremely cool), we watched Philharmagic (cool) and we sat through Stitch (NOT COOL)

I am wicked excited they are planning on doing the physics class again this coming year!

Oh my goodness, the HM class sounds so cool! We just went to a D23 event and one of the things they talked about was the anniversary of HM in DL. Apparently, early plans for the attraction had it being a walk-through attraction instead of a ride. Can you imagine? Franklin and I would probably stay in there for days if you could just walk around!

I'm all caught up now and loving the Star Wars stuff. SW and Mickey Bars!?!

Yes, please!

The parade/kick off show looked very impressive. I love the Disney characters dressed as SW characters. Adorable!

:ewok:

Yep, SW and Mickey bars were the absolute perfect combo!

Catching up on this trip report too (by the way so jealous you had two trips this summer).

Way to hang in there on the 24 hour day, you guys certainly made the most of it. Totally agree with 7 dwarfs is best at flight. I wasn't very impressed on our day time trip, but the whole thing really came to life in the dark. Love all the pics with you and Danielle's crew. I can only fathom the mischief you 5 are capable off ; )

Much to m pay husbands chagrin SWW is lost on me, but on a girly note I love your dress. No idea what it is an homage to, but it's a great color and shape.

I'm catching up on both TRs this weekend, too! I'm determined to finish one before we leave for our December trip!

Thanks for the compliment on the dress. It's supposed to be like the X-Wing fighter pilot outfit in the films. ;)

Welcome back, friends! We last left off with the truly awesome Star Wars motorcade. So many fantastic characters and the costumes were just unreal! We were both hungry, which was a good thing because we had a lunch ADR at one of our favorites: 50s Primetime Cafe!

We’ve definitely come to realize that the best way to enjoy Disney food is to split meals, that way neither of us feels overly full as we tour the parks (especially in the heat)! This day, we split an order of onion rings and the golden fried chicken.

DSC_6414-L.jpg

DSC_6415-L.jpg

Since we had eaten a Mickey bar at the parade, we weren’t too hungry for dessert, so we skipped it this time. You can’t go to Star Wars Weekend and NOT ride Star Tours, so that was our next stop.

As we walked over there, we saw Warwick Davis doing his meet and greets. We chose to not do the celebrity M&Gs on this trip. Getting the passes for them requires you getting to the parks super early and there was enough else to do as part of the event, that we didn’t feel like we were missing out on too much by skipping them.

DSC_6417-L.jpg

We made it to our destination!

DSC_6419-L.jpg

DSC_6422-L.jpg

Chewie was meeting near the entrance to Star Tours, but his line was looooooong. He did wave as we walked by, though!

DSC_6430-L.jpg

We came across this costumed family as we walked around the park. Having baby Yoda on the back of Luke was just genius!

DSC_6436-L.jpg

We stumbled on a M&G line that wasn’t too bad: Queen Amidala. She taught us how to properly pose with her.

i-HWHDB8R-L.jpg

i-hD8fkdN-L.jpg

i-tWbdcWn-L.jpg

It was, once again, very hot outside. So we stopped for a quick refreshment.

DSC_6438-L.jpg

We ran into a Clone Wars Stormtrooper while we were finishing our drinks.

DSC_6440-L.jpg

It was time for the “Stars of the Saga” show. Luckily, we had FP+ reservations for the show, but we still wanted to line up fairly early so we could get a good seat!

DSC_6441-L.jpg

And, yes, we ended up with awesome seats. Close to the front and dead center of the theater.

DSC_6441-L.jpg

DSC_6443-L.jpg

The Stormtroopers preshow had us laughing so hard we cried.

DSC_6444-L.jpg

DSC_6445-L.jpg

DSC_6447-L.jpg

They showed us home movies of their trip to Disney so far.

DSC_6448-L.jpg

DSC_6449-L.jpg

DSC_6450-L.jpg

DSC_6451-L.jpg

And of course a blooper reel of all their, ahem, misses in the films.

DSC_6456-L.jpg

Then they finished with a big (and HILARIOUS) musical number. Let it Go, guys. Let it Go.

DSC_6460-L.jpg

DSC_6462-L.jpg

DSC_6464-L.jpg

DSC_6467-L.jpg

DSC_6471-L.jpg

DSC_6473-L.jpg

Time for the main event, hosted by James Arnold Taylor -- of course.

DSC_6486-L.jpg

DSC_6495-L.jpg

He kicked things off with a special video message. You know, just J.J. Abrams from the set of the new Star Wars movie.

DSC_6499-L.jpg

The first guest was Jeremy Bulloch, Boba Fett to you and me.

DSC_6501-L.jpg

DSC_6504-L.jpg

This was Jeremy’s 14th Star Wars Weekend. Wow! He told us that his character never felt very popular until after the re-release of the films in 1997. And he told stories about their long days on the set. He said it was “a set full of friends, but filled with good fun.”

DSC_6505-L.jpg

He also told the story of the line that he just couldn’t nail. They did take after take and he kept flubbing it.

DSC_6506-L.jpg

The line was supposed to be:
“Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.”

But he kept saying:
“Put Captain cargo in the Solo hold.”

They finally had to get him just fix it in post production.

Next, was Warwick Davis!

DSC_6511-L.jpg

DSC_6514-L.jpg

He said he loves his new Magic Band, but he keeps saying “beam me up Mickey” and nothing happens.

It was tea time for the two British celebrities, so JAT played the perfect host.

DSC_6524-L.jpg

DSC_6540-L.jpg

Warwick wanted to show us some of the photos he’d taken that day.

DSC_6532-L.jpg

DSC_6534-L.jpg

DSC_6535-L.jpg

DSC_6550-L.jpg

DSC_6551-L.jpg

DSC_6553-L.jpg

DSC_6555-L.jpg

He said he had a “new” version of the cast photo of Episode 7 that had been circulated before. Anyone see the difference?

DSC_6557-L.jpg

Let’s look a little closer.

DSC_6558-L.jpg

There was time for one more special guest.

DSC_6574-L.jpg

Jedi Mickey…. AND HE TALKED!

DSC_6575-L.jpg

It was a fantastic show. It was so fantastic to hear both guys tell stories about Star Wars and other parts of their careers. I highly recommend it if anyone is going to SWW next summer.

We decided to go meet some of the roaming characters next.

DSC_6583-L.jpg

DSC_6585-L.jpg

DSC_6590-L.jpg

DSC_6592-L.jpg

DSC_6595-L.jpg

DSC_6599-L.jpg

It was time to shop! It’s what I do best at Disney, after all.

DSC_6603-L.jpg

DSC_6604-L.jpg

DSC_6605-L.jpg

It’s a snack! Seriously, Franklin couldn’t stop laughing at that joke for a solid 10 minutes.

DSC_6607-L.jpg

We got churros, a Darth Vader filled with popcorn and an adult beverage with a GLOW DEATH STAR in it.

DSC_6610-L.jpg

And we couldn’t possibly leave without getting awesome SWW nametags.

DSC02325-L.jpg

Since we’d only really watched the roaming characters before, it was time to try to hop in and get photos with them.

DSC_6616-L.jpg

DSC_6618-L.jpg

DSC_6621-L.jpg

DSC_6628-L.jpg

So the Cantina band was wandering around in front of the hat. I jumped in to take a picture with one of them…

DSC_6634-L.jpg

… then another one ran over to get in the photo…

DSC_6638-L.jpg

… then yet another one comes running over. I'm in the Cantina Band!

DSC_6643-L.jpg

That ended up being one of my favorite photos from SWW! And that fun photo is where we’ll leave off for now. But stay tuned, we’ve got an amazing Star Wars character meal coming up next!

Love the SWW pictures!! I agree with you, the picture with the Modal Nodes is one of the best! We've never seen them where you did. I've always seen them right at Star Tours. Love your recap of the Stars of the Saga show. Did Franklin take pictures off the tv screen or the side big screens?

Loved these updates!

Splitting meals is totally the way to go at Disney- portions are so huge and you get to try more things that way.

Woah! The picture of Chewy is AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing all the pictures and info from the Stars of the Saga show.

I have to say I approve of the Stormtroopers resort choice. :lmao:

May I share a couple of the pictures on the FAQ thread? The one of the troopers going down the kiddie slide is hilarious!

The pictures with the roaming characters are great and I can see why you love the ones with the Cantina Band!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter