Airmiles Shop the Block Earn up to 2,000 Miles

The Hudson Bay ones say you need to enrol in the conversion of Bay points to Air Miles points and then spend a certain amount of money. I wonder if they still count if you've already enrolled?
I'm gonna say yes because the same coupon was in the spring promo and I used it. We've been converting our points to miles ever-since the Club Z points went the way of the dodo bird! This coupon is only good in store.

This is exciting! Last year I didn't do this promo at all, didn't pay much attention to it. This year, I'm ready!
I noticed they added new offers overnight. Will they keep adding more or this is it? I want to plan out my strategy!
Yes, they will remove & add new offers throughout the entire promo period so be sure that you are diligent in your screenshots of offers you end up using in case you need proof

For the Foodland use cash miles coupon, can it be stacked with the Cadbury bars coupon?
Yes, it looks like those 2 can be used together but it doesn't appear that you can combine it with the threshold spend coupon.

Me again! For my block (QC), I noticed that some offers are unique to online coupons and others are unique to the booklet. I think it's important to check both!
@Donald - my hero I will take photos of my booklet but I only found it in French!
YES! and the offers will change regularly as well, so keep an eye on the website. I think it's rather appropriate that the book for QC are in French BTW and since Je parle un peu français I'm fairly certain I can understand what they say :P Share them if you'd like

My Shop The Block today
Offer #1 Oil change at Jiffy lube
Offer #2 Sobeys chicken breast naturals sliced meat.= $10.01
Offer #3 Sobeys 3 cadbury family chocolate bars,,,$2.49 each= $7.47
Offer #4 Sobeys 2 bottles herbal Essence shampoo,,,$3.99 each=$7.98
Offer #5 Sobeys 1 Soft Tortilla kit= $4.99
Offer #6 Sobeys spend $60.00 or $80.00 or $100.00.
One more to go.

*** None of my home printed coupons would scan but I was patient and made the cashier type every code in and the receipt shows all 5 offers and the points allocated.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
WOW, I'm going to do my best to stay on top of this thread and will be adding info to the first couple of posts as it crosses my mind (or is asked repeatedly!) Something i neglected to mention when i started this thread is that unless the fine print on a coupon explicitly says it is only 1 time per collector number you can use the offers multiple times. It will only count as 1 coupon towards the final tally BUT you will earn the amount on that coupon each time. Here's a couple of examples of what would and wouldn't work
Sobey's threshold spend and Hudson Bay coupons are a once & done offer as are most of the product coupons for Sobeys, Foodland & Urban Fresh
upload_2017-11-14_15-52-24.pngupload_2017-11-14_15-55-32.png
The Rexall offers can be used repeatedly
upload_2017-11-14_15-53-55.png

I did (online coupon). :)

"In-store purchase excludes Shell Gift Cards, Tobacco products, and Service Bay repairs."

Same as other recent promotions, I believe. No-go on shell gift cards, but other gift cards should qualify.

I think the online coupon says you need to purchase 25L fuel, but as long as you top up the spend amount in-store with gift cards or something else I think you're golden!

I haven't picked up a booklet yet, but I did start with the online offers today. It looks like I'll get my 7 Ontario offers in no time at all!

1. Amex
  2. AirMilesShops.ca (Complete! Purchases from Amazon, Indigo and Old Navy today... using Amex, of course.)
  3. Shell spend $50 get 10 miles Nov 14-Nov 17
  4. Shell spend $50 get 10 miles Nov 28-Dec 4
  5. Rexall spend $50 get 100 miles Nov. 17-19
  6. Rexall spend $25 get 15 miles Nov. 20-30
  7. Global Pet Foods spend $50/$75 get 15/30 miles (Complete! Bought cat food tonight.)

Yes, they will remove & add new offers throughout the entire promo period so be sure that you are diligent in your screenshots of offers you end up using in case you need proof

This is excellent advice! I took a bunch of screenshots of the online offers I'm planning to use and then I realized that the Safari browser can export/save an entire webpage as a PDF file, so I'm double-covered with proof now. :D

Last edited:
OK, so I'm so excited! Hotel night in Paris here I come with these miles! :)

I have a bunch of stuff sitting in my Amazon wish list waiting for a good bonus offer. Should I be buying those now as part of STB, or do we think there'll be another 10x the miles offer around Black Friday that I can use with STB?

I had to visit 3 stores yesterday to find the booklet. Both Shell and Foodland had no idea what I was talking about. Found it at Sobeys late last night.

The miles from each offer will post by the end of December and count towards your Gold/Onyx status for 2018. The final BIG bonus will post sometime February and count towards your status in 2019.

This morning I was adding the promo to my spreadsheet along with the offers I believe I'll be using. I got a different date for the BIG bonus however. I'm sure in the FAQs it said up to 120 days after the promo ended, so that might not arrive until mid-April.

For the Foodland use cash miles coupon, can it be stacked with the Cadbury bars coupon?

Great idea! I have no problem purchasing the chocolate bars. Stocking stuffers! If they last that long... :rolleyes1

I have a favour to ask. Can anyone mail me 1 or 2 Ontario booklets? I know I can print the coupons but when DH goes to Toronto, I KNOW him and he will refuse to use the printed coupon at Rexall and Sobeys in case they don't work. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to drive to Vankleek Hills or Ottawa before December, which is after his business trip (Nov 29-30). Please send me a PM if you can and I will reimburse you postage.

I can. I grabbed 4 booklets. PM me your address if you still want one and I'll mail it. Don't worry about postage.

My Shop The Block today
Offer #1 Oil change at Jiffy lube
Offer #2 Sobeys chicken breast naturals sliced meat.= $10.01
Offer #3 Sobeys 3 cadbury family chocolate bars,,,$2.49 each= $7.47
Offer #4 Sobeys 2 bottles herbal Essence shampoo,,,$3.99 each=$7.98
Offer #5 Sobeys 1 Soft Tortilla kit= $4.99
Offer #6 Sobeys spend $60.00 or $80.00 or $100.00.
One more to go.

*** None of my home printed coupons would scan but I was patient and made the cashier type every code in and the receipt shows all 5 offers and the points allocated.

Wow, already? Awesome!

I just registered my husband for a second AM card. Mine will still be our primary AM but for big promos like this one having a second card will be great. Even if we only get 3 offers in for his card, it's still worth it imo. Thank you for the person who suggested that during the last promo. I guess I saved that trick in my brain. ;)

Great idea! I think it's high time my husband had a card in his name.

Do you think this double-dip plan will work?

One of IGA offer is that you get 10AM for every 50$ spent on gift cards. I was thinking of buying a few 50$ Shell GC and use them with the STB coupon/offer get 10AM when you spend 50$ at Shell? We can easily fill my CR-V or DH's truck with 50$...

I don't see why it wouldn't work. If I had that offer, I would go for it. I have Shell GCs and will be paying the $50 offer for 10 air miles with them.

I think the online coupon says you need to purchase 25L fuel, but as long as you top up the spend amount in-store with gift cards or something else I think you're golden!

When I first saw that offer I was thinking gas only and thought that rules our cars out. No way we'd get $50 of gas in either vehicle! But yes, yayy - with the minimum fuel purchase of 25L I can do that with hubby's car ($35-$40 depending on gas price) and top off with a purchase. I'll grab an iPhone cable charger for my daughter's stocking.

My results so far. The RAV was on fumes and I managed to squeek $52 into it. Went inside and they gave me a discount when I swiped my AM card (still above $50 so all was good)

Went to LCBO the wine in question was on sale at my store. Picked one up last night (DH card) and another one today(my card)

Headed off to Sobeys this morning, picked up tortillas, shampoo (we're well stocked now), chocolate bars and luncheon meat (both DH and my cards)

Totals so far DH card 6, my card 5. I've switched up to all cash so as soon as those AM post I'm off to use some of the use 95AM Cash coupons.

A trip to Jean Coutu (the advantage of living near the Quebec border) on Monday and I'll be finished with an extra one or two coupons (in case).

Happy hunting everyone.

Last edited:
Really hoping to get this done but the Ontario offers make me so jealous. Nova Scotia only has one Sobeys offer - would love to buy shampoo and chocolate instead of spending $100. Won't be easy but I want those miles darn it!

Reactions: ngm
Really hoping to get this done but the Ontario offers make me so jealous. Nova Scotia only has one Sobeys offer - would love to buy shampoo and chocolate instead of spending $100. Won't be easy but I want those miles darn it!

Right!? Sobeys has two offers for Nova Scotia. There is another in the booklet - spend $20 in produce and get 15 miles (w/o Nov 30-Dec 6

Right!? Sobeys has two offers for Nova Scotia. There is another in the booklet - spend $20 in produce and get 15 miles (w/o Nov 30-Dec 6

Good to know. I haven't found a booklet yet (will probably come in the mail on December 15 lol)

This morning I was adding the promo to my spreadsheet along with the offers I believe I'll be using. I got a different date for the BIG bonus however. I'm sure in the FAQs it said up to 120 days after the promo ended, so that might not arrive until mid-April

There are 2 separate time lines. This is directly from the FAQ page so I'm not 100% sure which to believe BUT since i was one of the unfortunate ones who had to chase them down last year I'm not holding my breath!
upload_2017-11-15_13-39-57.png

upload_2017-11-15_13-41-40.png

I'm waiting to do any major online shopping until then. UNLESS what I need is extremely on sale!
This is me as well, I looooove Black Friday/Cyber Monday BUT I really need a new winter coat and found one i like at Marks and last night discovered it's on sale 50% off PLUS i found a code for an extra 15% off so what was $249 in the store for a down filled parka I have in my cart for $106 BUT their system is wonky and won't let me finish ordering. Several phone calls and still no solution, told the last person that no i don't want to buy it in the store because it would cost me more and I'd miss out on Airmiles. She said "you can earn Airmiles if you order on-line thru OUR STORE?? please explain because I think that's one of the StB offers isn't it?"

Reactions: ngm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter