Airmiles Shop the Block Earn up to 2,000 Miles

I always wonder why these cashiers (Shell and Sobeys) just don't scan the coupons. If they don't work, then they don't work. If they work, well then their stores accept them. What is the harm in scanning them? It isn't like it is some great hardship.
I totally agree! The Rexall cashier at the first store would not scan both the email and STB coupons for me, but the one at the second store replied, “let’s scan them and see” when I asked if I could use the email coupon with the STB coupon. Just let the computer system do the work.

Where in AB? I'm just outside Calgary and always in and I don't know any station that forces you to prepay? Some of the pumps furthest from the store can be but not all usually!

Though... I believe the NDP did just pass the new law to make all prepay, but don't know when it goes into play.

yeah i guess you’re right, i’m not sure when the law made by our government goes into play. i know that all the shell stations in edmonton, except one or two, have made all their pumps prepay only, and explain that they are complying with the legislation.

i’m glad you don’t need to prepay yet. i hope my suggestion is helpful to someone who does find themself somewhere where they have to prepay. i’ve just seen so many posts here where people have said they had to prepay so they couldn’t use their coupons, and i’ve been able to use mine so i thought i’d share how.

Does the Shell coupon show on the receipt as Promo 940? Hope so as that’s what mine says.

I was a Metro today and used the STB coupon for redeem 95 AM and get 25 AM, nothing showed up on my receipt.

I know when it is a regular redeem/earn bonus they do not show up, but I thought the STB coupon should show somewhere, did I get the wrong weekend.?

When the cashier entered the PLU # on the coupon at Metro, it showed up with a line about "Marketing promotion .05" then the next line it said "Marketing promotion -.05" I've kept a copy of my coupon just in case but that seems to be how it's working. Metro is weird about how they do things but it seems to work out in the end more often than not.

Did you see your cashier enter the code # from the coupon? If so you should be fine.

You can tell I'm a newbie to airmiles. I went to redeem the 95 cash miles at Metro and it wouldn't redeem. I stood there dumbfounded as I showed her I had cash miles to spend. So I left out, but before I got too far, I checked the settings and it was on lock. :oops: All worked out in the end. lol

Also I have to say that the shop site would really be great if it had a history of past shops, like great canadian deals. Where you can see when, and the transaction number of the shop. Just sitting here hoping it all went well it pretty nerve wracking.

I am 4/7 - rexall spend $50/100 am, rexall spend $25/15am, metro, and shop 3 stores. I really want those other 3. I am going to have to travel by bus an hour to get to a sobey's, and then back again. It's worth it right- lol

When the cashier entered the PLU # on the coupon at Metro, it showed up with a line about "Marketing promotion .05" then the next line it said "Marketing promotion -.05" I've kept a copy of my coupon just in case but that seems to be how it's working. Metro is weird about how they do things but it seems to work out in the end more often than not.

Did you see your cashier enter the code # from the coupon? If so you should be fine.
Mine is the same. I had to tell the cashier that I had to redeem some miles. He didn’t even read the coupon just keyed in the PLU.

I guess the cashier did not enter the PLU , I guess I will go tomorrow and redeem another $10

Thanks everyone for verifying that those coupons work at Sobeys! Darn cashier. Now I have to make another trip back - the Sobeys is at the other end of town so not so convenient.

On the good side, I was also working on a Little Book of Bonuses promo and I think I earned 95 am on $10 worth of groceries.

By the way, the Sobeys cash miles redemption coupon in Ontario is not effective until December 1 unless you have a different booklet coupon. Please check and make sure the transaction counts as a STB.

Oh poop! You are right :( Wasted a cash mile redemption. Thankfully I have enough cash miles for one more redemption. After that, I'm going to have to rack up some more cash miles - just trying to be careful about timing because I don't know when other air miles bonuses will show up.

I am 4/7 - rexall spend $50/100 am, rexall spend $25/15am, metro, and shop 3 stores. I really want those other 3. I am going to have to travel by bus an hour to get to a sobey's, and then back again. It's worth it right- lol

Are you in Ontario? I only see two Rexall coupons for Ontario and its rexall $40 cosmetics/40 am and rexall spend $25/15 am.

I fought with their site this evening too. My order eventually went through, but it took *forever*. With a couple other stores, I’m crossing off another StB coupon. I’m still only done 2...really gotta step up my game with these coupons.

I hope your order finally went through, The Duck!
Nope, the site eventually crashed -- was off-line and i was NOT impressed. Checked 1st thing this morning and surprise, they extended their Free Shipping HOWEVER, the 3 items i had in my cart to buy were all sold out, the Duck is not happy!

Has anyone been able to link their HbC Rewards with Air Miles? I tried on Friday but it kept saying there was a problem with the info in my form.

So I just checked the STB offers online and there is a new one for NS and HBC. You can redeem Cash miles for eVouchers. I only wanted to do the minimum of 95 miles for a $10 voucher, but it only lets me select a $20 or $50 voucher. Anyone else have this issue?

Has anyone been able to link their HbC Rewards with Air Miles? I tried on Friday but it kept saying there was a problem with the info in my form.

My daughter had a problem and she called them. They fixed it immediately. There was no postal code on her HBC rewards card so it wasn't letting her transfer the info.

Last edited:
I have all 7 offers/coupons done. I am going to use the 95 AM for $10 coupon at Foodland and/or Sobeys if they have good deals over the next two weeks. STB this time is so much easier to accomplish. I wish there are more STB offers over the year!

If you already paid at the pump without scanning the coupon, there’s no way the cashier could scan your coupon to link it to a completed transaction. For STB coupons, I would definitely pay at the cash register to make sure the STB coupin is scanned.

You will need to pay inside instead of the pump. I believe the coupon even says it

I did the same thing...I did the pay at the pump...But i did go inside and they did use the coupon and gave me the receipt. I seen my miles just posted for that transaction, and I'm unsure I will get the bonus. Good thing is...by Thursday, I will be able to use the coupon again. This time I will go inside first...prepay for what I think will fit in the tank, and get extras to make my transaction greater than 50.00. I have the till print out that proves they tried to add the coupon to my purchase. But honestly...I really don't want to fight with them, so I will just make another transaction. It's not like i'm not going to use more gas or and extra gift card in the next few weeks. The gift card will go into someones stocking

Nope, the site eventually crashed -- was off-line and i was NOT impressed. Checked 1st thing this morning and surprise, they extended their Free Shipping HOWEVER, the 3 items i had in my cart to buy were all sold out, the Duck is not happy!

Ugh, this really sucks. It's unbelievable that such a major retailer would promote a big sale and free shipping without having the right server strength (or whatever it is that they need for their site to work properly...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter