4 Halloween parties in 10 days in August

Status
Not open for further replies.
From people here. 4 parties in 10 days. People said party days MK tends to be slower as people without hoppers will go to another park. And people on single day tickets won’t be going there either.

Yes, party days do tend to have less crowds and EMM will not impact your morning, but MK is never "quiet", (though I suppose that's a relative term.) We went to MK on Dec. 17 (a MVMCP party date) and, yes, it was far less crowded than a non-party day, but it still wasn't quiet. August will be much "quieter". I'm using the term loosely because MK is still the most popular and most visited theme park in the entire world.

Also note that dining is blocked out those dates. Try to book a restaurant past 6pm.

If MK is scheduled to close (currently) at 6 pm, there won't be any ADR's available. I am currently trying to book dining on a rumored party night and can't find anything past 2:30 pm. Once the parties are announced, they will most likely set up a different area on the website for those attending the parties to make ADR's past 6 pm.

I really wouldn't worry too much about these ticketed events. I believe you said you have hoppers and you have gotten good advice on how to navigate around the parties (MK on non-party days, hop to another park in late afternoon). I really wouldn't stress too much over this. WDW has events going on all year long and their scheduling is out of our control. Put a solid plan together and try to roll with the punches.

Too hot in August for costumes. It's been too hot at the end of September on occasion. Last year it was cold leading up to Halloween.

I'm of mixed feelings on this. August is too early for Halloween, but this means I can do MNSSHP during my Birthday trip in mid to late August. Plus, the first party falls on my AK day, so it gives me something to do with the other 2/3 of the day.

To be fair, being Florida born and raised, I remember many years where it stayed hot well into October and a few times early November. Florida doesn't observe the same 4 seasons the rest of the nation does.

It sure seems like it.

In Florida, Summer ends sometime between late October and early November, but comes back for short visits throughout "winter".

View attachment 305648

Photo Taken: CHRISTMAS EVE 2015!!!

You are correct but there is a huge difference between October heat and August heat and humidity.. it’s CRAZY

I understand Disney selling hard-ticket events. What I'm not understanding is people deciding to celebrate Haloween in August.

Getting candy? Dressing up? It's awesome! I'd go to a party in April if they had one. :)
Plus orange and black are my favourite colours. :teeth:

Getting candy? Dressing up? It's awesome! I'd go to a party in April if they had one. :)
Plus orange and black are my favourite colours. :teeth:

I'm into the whole dressing up in costume, especially a Disney costume, but not in 90+ degree weather. :(

Wow! I'm in the North East, we don't go back until after Labor Day.

Her preplanning is the week before and her post planning is the week after Memorial day. Her break is June 1-July 23. She isn't thrilled with the calendar. Our kids first day is August 6th. They aren't very happy either.

Does anyone know when Disney might make an official announcement on the dates?

Her preplanning is the week before and her post planning is the week after Memorial day. Her break is June 1-July 23. She isn't thrilled with the calendar. Our kids first day is August 6th. They aren't very happy either.
I can understand why, we get out on June 22nd this year. I haven't seen next year's claendar.

If MK is scheduled to close (currently) at 6 pm, there won't be any ADR's available. I am currently trying to book dining on a rumored party night and can't find anything past 2:30 pm. Once the parties are announced, they will most likely set up a different area on the website for those attending the parties to make ADR's past 6 pm.

My booking opens up on Sunday and I have noticed with the August rumored party dates, you aren’t able to book dinner. Only up until 2:30. I was hoping for CRT on a party night in September around 4ish. I talked to a cast member and they said there would be no dinner reservations on party nights before the party. She said they are doing that to clear everyone out who doesn’t have a party ticket. I’m not sure if she was correct in her information or if they will release dates later on. I booked it last year, no problem. I guess we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter