4 Halloween parties in 10 days in August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I summarized my thoughts and complaints in a non confrontational email to Walt Disney Guest Relations. I received a response the next day. They basically said thanks for the email and we will share your concerns. I know everyone said the hours will change and I am sure they are, but for now the day ends at 8:30PM. And 2 of the 3 party days that really affect me, EPCOT Evening EMH are the only game in town. So I am sure it will be EXTRA busy there.

I know the response is going to be it will be slower that time as many children will be back to school. Let me tell you, that yes this was a great time to go for crowds like 5 years ago. But the word is out and it will be busy. We even took the kids out 3 years ago for a week in February and it was freezing and still BUSY.

So the theory of a quiet morning at the Magic Kingdom is out the the window. Looks like they Early Morning Magic the same day as a Halloween party.

2 ticketed events on the same day? Really?

Attachments

• 077D7EF5-07D8-4A28-8EF8-D9A821252FA7.png
    077D7EF5-07D8-4A28-8EF8-D9A821252FA7.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 22

So the theory of a quiet morning at the Magic Kingdom is out the the window. Looks like they Early Morning Magic the same day as a Halloween party.

Except for MVMCP this past year when EMM went on hiatus for two months, this has happened in the past on occasion.

Where did you ever come up with the "theory of a quiet morning at Magic Kingdom" anyway? Over 20 million people visit MK every year. You are going for 10 days. Surely you can come up with a touring plan that will allow you to see and do everything you want to do in 4 parks over 10 days.

Just FYI, people are speculating that those 6pm park closing dates will be MNSSHP dates (and that Disney adopts a 6pm closing for MNSSHP this year like they did with MVMCP last year). MNSSHP dates have not been officially announced.

If I remember correctly though, there were quite a few 6:00 p.m. closures last year that didn't turn out to be MNSSHP or MVMCP, it was almost just like a placemarker for consideration and when dates were announced they made the adjustments.

These August MNSSHP dates will be well attended and enjoyed by the summer crowd that are unable to go to WDW during school. We were at the 8/29 party last summer and besides the heat, thought it was fantastic. Can't wait to go again in late August.

I'm of mixed feelings on this. August is too early for Halloween, but this means I can do MNSSHP during my Birthday trip in mid to late August. Plus, the first party falls on my AK day, so it gives me something to do with the other 2/3 of the day.

We went to the first party last year. Honestly, it felt really strange. It was too hot to dress up, and we saw very few people doing so. Don’t get me wrong, we still had a fantastic time, but we didn’t feel very Halloween-y. Was a great chance to do the rides with less wait though.

It’s ridiculous to have Halloween in August ... especially in Florida where the heat is unbearable in August as a Florida resident you couldn’t pay me to go to Disney in August .. nope .. and no way could I get in the “ holiday spirit “ in August lol

To be fair, being Florida born and raised, I remember many years where it stayed hot well into October and a few times early November. Florida doesn't observe the same 4 seasons the rest of the nation does.

Well, to be fair... Doesn't the first Christmas party happen about 2 days after the last Halloween party? :rotfl:

It sure seems like it.

Well, it's still summer according to science, and the calendar, too. But then, so is 2/3 of September.

In Florida, Summer ends sometime between late October and early November, but comes back for short visits throughout "winter".

IMG_4767.JPG

Photo Taken: CHRISTMAS EVE 2015!!!

If I remember correctly though, there were quite a few 6:00 p.m. closures last year that didn't turn out to be MNSSHP or MVMCP, it was almost just like a placemarker for consideration and when dates were announced they made the adjustments.

Yes, you’re correct, this has definitely happened before, sometime in the last few years if memory serves. One year there were several early dates that had everyone thinking they’d be parties, but turned out not to be.

Granted - there are other clues around.... HEA isn’t on the schedule those nights, FoF moves to 2pm 8/19, etc... but anything is possible.

Where did you ever come up with the "theory of a quiet morning at Magic Kingdom" anyway? Over 20 million people visit MK every year. You are going for 10 days. Surely you can come up with a touring plan that will allow you to see and do everything you want to do in 4 parks over 10 days.

From people here. 4 parties in 10 days. People said party days MK tends to be slower as people without hoppers will go to another park. And people on single day tickets won’t be going there either.

Reactions: Iya
Just FYI, people are speculating that those 6pm park closing dates will be MNSSHP dates (and that Disney adopts a 6pm closing for MNSSHP this year like they did with MVMCP last year). MNSSHP dates have not been officially announced.

Also note that dining is blocked out those dates. Try to book a restaurant past 6pm.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• 71935B1E-5A15-4A26-A644-725A051EB7EA.png
    71935B1E-5A15-4A26-A644-725A051EB7EA.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 15
When were the MNSSP dates announced last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter