3 ER visits, 4 broken bones, numerous stitches – and that was only the first day!

Sorry everyone, I will not be updating my TR today. One of my DS is in the hospital having emergency surgery so I don't have time to update today. I will plan on updating tomorrow. Thanks for understanding!

Sorry everyone, I will not be updating my TR today. One of my DS is in the hospital having emergency surgery so I don't have time to update today. I will plan on updating tomorrow. Thanks for understanding!

Oh goodness my thoughts are with you and your family. Seems you guys just can't catch a break.

I hope everything is okay with your DS.

Following along. You certainly have had a rough go of it lately. Hope you still got to enjoy a little bit of Disney Magic during the rest of the trip. Hope you're DS is recovering and is doing better.

Oh goodness my thoughts are with you and your family. Seems you guys just can't catch a break.
Thank you for your good thoughts Wilkeliza. Yeah, I am ready to call, "Uncle"!

I hope everything is okay with your DS.
Thank you for your concern. DS is pretty sore but that's to be expected. He got home from the hospital this evening.

Following along. You certainly have had a rough go of it lately. Hope you still got to enjoy a little bit of Disney Magic during the rest of the trip. Hope you're DS is recovering and is doing better.
Welcome PrincessMickey. Thank you for the well wishes. DS is starting his road to recovery. Hopefully it will be a quick road!
With everything that happened, I really can't say I had much Disney Magic but the rest of the family did enjoy the rest of the trip so I am happy for them.

I am joining in now. I am sorry about your accident. :( Totally doesn't sound like fun. But perhaps that just means you need another Disney trip in the future. :) .

Day 4

During the night, I ended up with the most horrific headache I've ever had in my entire life! I was going to wake DH up but when I reached over to him, I discovered I could hardly move my left arm because it was so weak. When DH got up, he said he couldn't understand most anything I was saying to him because my words were so slurred. DH took me immediately to the emergency room. On the way to the hospital, I had a seizure. Once at the hospital, they started to do CAT scans and MRIs – you name a test, they gave it to me. It turns out that I had a brain bleed from the accident. Early in the morning, they did emergency surgery.

We had originally scheduled today as a day that DH was going to take DD to NASA (she is fascinated with space) and DS and I were going to the *gasp* other amusement park to visit the boy wizard. Obviously, I was not going to be able to go and DH wanted to stay with me so DS took DD to NASA instead. (We didn't tell DD what was happening with me – she is just too young to understand.) DD had a great time. She got to see some of the NASA rockets and she got to speak with a real astronaut. She was in seventh heaven!

P1020465HampRocketsstage1tomoonGREAT_zps54f37279.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The weather was cold and RAIN, RAIN, RAIN and then some more RAIN! Thankfully, it was the only day that we had rain and since the little one went to NASA, she didn’t have any melt downs because rides were down.

All I can say is it was a horrid day for me. I had to go through it all without any pain pills. I am allergic to morphine and there are no pain killers that work for me. Seriously, Percocet, Vicodin, Codeine, all those heavy-duty pain pills, you name it and it does nothing on me. I don’t even get “loopy” if I take them. I can eat an M&M and get the exact same result. Because of the bleeding, I couldn’t even take Advil because they didn’t want to thin my blood. I have never had pain like that before. I can’t even begin to describe how awful it was! I wouldn’t wish that pain on my worst enemy.

Once DS and DD got back to the Orlando area, both of them and DH went to DTD and they went to Ghirardelli and had various chocolate desserts. I was so upset because I didn’t get to go - CRUD! They didn’t even take pictures for me! :sad1:

Have a wonderful day.

P.S. DS did call Disney about the Memory Maker. They are looking into it to see if they can find our photos.

P.P.S. DS came home from the hospital this evening. He is doing okay. Thanks to everyone who had him in their thought and prayers. I think he was just jealous that I got all this hospital time and he wanted some attention :lmao:

Day 4

During the night, I ended up with the most horrific headache I've ever had in my entire life! I was going to wake DH up but when I reached over to him, I discovered I could hardly move my left arm because it was so weak. When DH got up, he said he couldn't understand most anything I was saying to him because my words were so slurred. DH took me immediately to the emergency room. On the way to the hospital, I had a seizure. Once at the hospital, they started to do CAT scans and MRIs – you name a test, they gave it to me. It turns out that I had a brain bleed from the accident. Early in the morning, they did emergency surgery.

All I can say is it was a horrid day for me. I had to go through it all without any pain pills. I am allergic to morphine and there are no pain killers that work for me. Seriously, Percocet, Vicodin, Codeine, all those heavy-duty pain pills, you name it and it does nothing on me. I don’t even get “loopy” if I take them. I can eat an M&M and get the exact same result. Because of the bleeding, I couldn’t even take Advil because they didn’t want to thin my blood. I have never had pain like that before. I can’t even begin to describe how awful it was! I wouldn’t wish that pain on my worst enemy.

P.S. DS did call Disney about the Memory Maker. They are looking into it to see if they can find our photos.

P.P.S. DS came home from the hospital this evening. He is doing okay. Thanks to everyone who had him in their thought and prayers. I think he was just jealous that I got all this hospital time and he wanted some attention :lmao:

OMG I'm just reading this TR and what a nightmare! I thought our family had some bad luck for our Disney trips (usually illness or a few falls with scrapes and bruises) but NOTHING like what you experienced. How scary!

Sure hope they find the photos for you too! :)

I am joining in now. I am sorry about your accident. :( Totally doesn't sound like fun. But perhaps that just means you need another Disney trip in the future. :) .

Welcome. I'm happy to have you here! I do hope I get another Disney trip in the near future, but I seriously doubt I will get DH to go back any time soon. I feel like this trip shouldn't count since I didn't get to do hardly anything! :sad2:

OMG I'm just reading this TR and what a nightmare! I thought our family had some bad luck for our Disney trips (usually illness or a few falls with scrapes and bruises) but NOTHING like what you experienced. How scary!

Sure hope they find the photos for you too! :)

Thanks kittylady. I am really hoping they find our photos too. They weren't cheap!

It seems like we always have bad luck on our trips. Last year we went on a Disney cruise and less than a month before we left I had to have 3 surgeries in 5 days. I didn't get to do much on that trip either. On some of our various trips, some of the things we have experienced include (but are not limited to) hurricanes, floods, broken bones, busted teeth, car accidents. These are just some of the catastrophes we've had. You would think we wouldn't want to go on trips any more but we keep trying!

Day 5

DD drove in from Texas to be with us for part of our vacation. She’s the one that had cancer in August. She is doing well and she’s looking great! She came and visited me in the hospital in the morning.

After her visit with me, the rest of the family went to Animal Kingdom in the morning and then park-hopped over to DHS.

Here are the designs that I put on the shirts that I made for us for today:

These were for the boys:
39821a0a-326a-4fad-a577-2534d6c827de_zpsb9cd3eb6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

These were for the girls:

When they first got in the park, they used FP and went on the safari in AK and then Expedition Everest. I don’t remember where their last FP was to. On the way out of AK, they saw the characters “Dug” and “Russell” from the movie, ‘UP’. I was so excited when I heard this. I asked DD if she got their signatures, she said, “Daddy said I couldn't meet them.” I could have strangled him! I about flipped my lid! I got so angry with him for not stopping. When I about blew my cork and asked him why he didn't stop, he said he figured they were already on their way out of the park so he didn't want to stop for a Character Meet. “Besides”, he said, “they would just stop and see them at one of the other parks!” Obviously, he does not know how this works. There are certain characters that do not appear in multiple places so we did not get any photos or signatures for these characters…SIGH!

Once in DHS, DS and (adult) DD went on Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster while DH and DD (granddaughter) did some souvenir shopping. After RnR, they all went on Tower of Terror. Obviously, they all had a magnificent time on that! Then they took DD and let her play on the ‘Honey I Shrunk the Kids’ playground again. Of course, before they left the park, they had to do ‘Muppet Vision 3D’ (I personally love this so I’m extra-bummed I missed it!)

For dinner we had had reservations at a restaurant I've always wanted to go to called Texas de Brazil. I was so looking forward to going, but since I was still in the hospital, I didn't get to go but everyone else really enjoyed it. They all said it was some of the best meat they've ever had.

I actually think that today was worse than yesterday for me. My head hurt even worse than yesterday and I didn't think that was possible! I didn't want little DD coming to see me when I was in such pain so I told DH to not bring her. I really missed seeing my family but because I was in such awful pain, I could not open my eyes or lift my head from the pillow so I know it was better that they didn't come up.

I probably won't be updating over the weekend but I should be back on Monday for more. I hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween.

Have a fabulous weekend!

You had such a rough vacation!! I definitely think you need a do-over. Every update you post I feel so sorry for you that you are in the hospital while they are out enjoying things. :sad1:

You had such a rough vacation!! I definitely think you need a do-over. Every update you post I feel so sorry for you that you are in the hospital while they are out enjoying things. :sad1:

I agree that I need a do-over! I feel that this trip should NOT count! Yeah, it was tough knowing everyone was enjoying Disney while I was stuck in the hospital. At least I knew DD was having a good time and that's what I really care about.

DAY 7

Today was going to be our “down day”. We didn't have much of anything special planned. They all went and played miniature golf. DD got so excited because she got an honest to goodness hole-in-one! She thought that was pretty cool!

In the afternoon, they went to Downtown Disney. DS bought some really cool Haunted Mansion dessert plates. He is going to ship them back home. We were afraid that they would break in transit! DD bought a stuffed Stitch. DH told DD that Mommy has an “owie” in her head so DD wanted to get me something to make me get better. She bought a small stuffed Minnie Mouse and then she put a Band-Aid on it’s head.

They spent the rest of the day at the resort where our condo was at. It had a really cool pool with a water slide and an awesome playground. DD had a fantastic time. After dinner, they went to the theater that was at the resort. They watched “Lilo and Stitch”. They all got to bed at a decent time which I think they all needed.

It was nice that they got a chance to rest today instead of running all over the place. I think everyone was glad that they were able to relax.

Oh my goodness. Your trip report has me in tears. I am sorry that all of that happened to you/y'all. I am impressed with the silver lining you found in each day.

DAY 8

For today’s outfits, I embroidered all our shirts. Here is what everyone wore today:
:
DH dropped DS and DD and DD (granddaughter) off at MK. He came and stayed with me for quite a while in the hospital. Around lunch time, I told him he didn't have to miss out on everything because of me and I had him go meet up with every one at MK.

Can you believe that NO ONE kept any notes on what rides they did or where they went or what food they ate??? How can these people be related to me in any way??? :rolleyes2 Other than the Tiki room, I have no idea what they did so today’s report is super short!

Have a super day everyone!

Okay, that didn't work the way I was planning! Let's try adding that photo of the shirts again:

3e9db171-aa94-4f6b-bd0a-7ec47fe855eb_zpsd9b6b8b9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh my goodness. Your trip report has me in tears. I am sorry that all of that happened to you/y'all. I am impressed with the silver lining you found in each day.

Thanks mindeola. I did try to find some good - but believe me, I had many moments of feeling VERY sorry for myself, but all in all, I really just wanted all my kids to have a good time - and for the most part, they did!

How terrible and I hate to say this but be prepared to have to sue. I can't imagine an insurance company just paying your expenses- they'll be suing the go kart place (or their insurer). Good luck!

I don't normally comment on trip reports, but I really hope everything works out for you and you have better luck on your next trip!

How terrible and I hate to say this but be prepared to have to sue. I can't imagine an insurance company just paying your expenses- they'll be suing the go kart place (or their insurer). Good luck!

I completely agree.

I'm so sorry that you had such an awful experience. I do hope that you are doing well now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter