2024 vacation plans

jalapeno_pretzel

DIS Veteran
Where is everyone going next year?

Our big trip will be 2+ weeks in California & Oregon visiting some of the National Parks, hiking, rafting, etc.

Other than that, nothing is planned except for several long weekends within 2-4 hours drive from home.

I have two weekend trips already booked at Universal for the February Orlando Informer Meet Up and WDW for Memorial Day.

Not booked yet but I'm also going to Quebec City in late June/early July and Japan in November.

So far, just one trip booked, but it’s a big one. 16 days in Africa - safari, Victoria Falls and Mozambique. Taking our boys for graduation trips (college and HS)

Working on a short trip out to Palm Springs in February right now as well, but nothing booked yet.

We have a cabin rented for a week in September in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area of the Smoky Mountains. This will be our second time staying in this cabin, and our daughter and son-in-law will be joining us❤️

We plan to spend a lot of time at our property In northern Michigan too. Our 5th wheel camper is there, and we have plenty of room for family and friends that camp with us. Probably will take at least 1 or 2 other camping trips with our travel camper too.

Possibly a 3-4 night getaway in March, before spring farming starts up. And we always do a getaway for Christmas as well.

After 2 vacations this year I told my husband that we’re not going anywhere in 2024 and that I want some things done around the house.

I think I'm feeling WDW again, missed it so much. DH isn't quite on board but I have other people so we'll see.

What I would like to do is try a timeshare so I could see if I want one but they seem tough to rent, everytime I look to rent through WDW it is not offered but I feel like going through regular people is more of a risk than I am interested in taking - dilemma.

January....2 weeks at WDW for my birthday
Feb.... Cruise Southern Caribbean
April ....WDW for DH's birthday
May....Grand Canyon
June....week near Flagstaff for our anniversay
Sept. ...Cruise Alaska
Dec....back to WDW

There will be a few days in Oct. (I think) to Tucson, Tombstone and Bisbee

So far, just the usual--WDW, and hopefully add on Universal HHN. Spring break in March and Fall break in Oct already booked at Disney.
I also put in for annual leave the week after Mem Day/first week of June. Hoping to go somewhere new/different from Disney. ANYWHERE! would love to finally take a trip out West, for national parks/Grand Canyon, but we'll see.....

Jan- WDW for marathon weekend
March - New Orleans then driving the Natchez Trace to Nashville
June - Hawaii (Oahu and Big Island)
August - Probably road tripping thru New England

Jan - St. John
Feb - a National Park near Las Vegas (BF has work conference)
April - Amsterdam & Iceland
Sept - annual Cape Cod stay
Oct - Austin Tx (another work conf, will try to make a long weekend trip)

I would like to add another trip in the fall, need to think/plan after the holidays.
DD is turning 30 next year, I offered to buy her dinner at Disneyland Paris, I hope she takes me up on the offer :)

In March we’ll be returning to the Melbourne, FL area for a week to watch DD20 play softball with her college team. We loved every minute last year and I can hardly wait to return.

The end of Dcamber we’ll be in WDW for DH’s bday and NYE - so excited! It’s going to be jam packed with people, but we don’t care, we can hardly wait to ring in 2025 at the happiest place on earth.

Everyone has such lovely trips planned for next year. Fun!

Feb: First weekend at UO for Mardi Gras festival. Booked Float Ride and Dine

April: Last weekend UO visit

June: If accepted, daughter will spend two weeks in Japan for Young Ambassador Exchange

July to early August: Husband and daughter in Greece visiting his family

October: Last weekend at UO for HHN. Will definitely purchase Express passes

December: First weekend UO visit

Last edited:
We are heading to Iceland in June for ODS graduation trip. We are also going to spend a week or a long weekend at the beach or lake, but are waiting to book that due to DH's work schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter