2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

No it will not mess anything up, just call or change it online under my itinerary...I just changed my reservation today to apply a discount and got a preferred room at Pop for less than I was paying for a standard. I kept the same reservation number.
Thank You!

Trying to upgrade our Beach club garden view bounce back for 8/18 to 8/25 to a 1 bdrm cl. When I put those dates in it gives me no availability. If I put in 8/18 to 8/24 or 8/19 to 8/25 it shows the room we want as available. How is this possible??

Well, checking day and night I have had some luck. I have my original Pop reservation (where I really want to stay) but no free dining. Was able to get All Star Sports standard room with free dining, but am missing my last night (hoping that opens up). Early this morning got All Star Music preferred room with free dining for my whole stay. Still hoping for free dining with Pop, but am trying to convince myself that the All Stars won't be that bad. I just can't justify spending over $1,000 more for Pop Century. Could use that money for so much more.

Well, checking day and night I have had some luck. I have my original Pop reservation (where I really want to stay) but no free dining. Was able to get All Star Sports standard room with free dining, but am missing my last night (hoping that opens up). Early this morning got All Star Music preferred room with free dining for my whole stay. Still hoping for free dining with Pop, but am trying to convince myself that the All Stars won't be that bad. I just can't justify spending over $1,000 more for Pop Century. Could use that money for so much more.

I just checked online and the Pop Century FINALLY opened up a few minutes ago. We were able to move from AS Sports to Pop Century...it was $100 more.

All Stars is great, and I love Pop. I am thinking that in the future, Pop might get taken out of the free dining offer (the same way Contemporary and Poly got taken out this year.) Pop is popular now and they are building a gondola system for it. That just might make Pop's popularity go through the roof, I don't know. When that happens, I will move to Music also.

You’re right. There was no way to know. I’m just happy to have it since I planned my dates (8/23-8-30) heavily around the promotion. I even applied for a Disney visa just in case I needed the extended range of dates if my predictions (really a summary of other people’s predictions on multiple blogs) were off. Feeding 7 people at Disney is expensive based on the menus I’ve looked at. The incredible summer offer I had before was only saving me $400 since I planned on staying at POR and getting park hoppers anyway. I’m living it up (even if not in deluxe hotel) at Disney this year!!!

Anyone think they may release some riverside rooms later? If so do you think rumors will be around beforehand again so I could have the best chance. I love the pool at CSR but really liked the feel of the POR resorts.
I don't think so. They've never released rooms from hotels that they said up front is not qualified for the offer. And the free dining is going fast. Right now, only value FD rooms left during my visit are the preferred rooms in All Star Sports. That's it. I've never seen anything like this. With this kind of demand, Disney is not going to give it away free.

Kind of off topic question. So we got free qsdp for our trip in sept and I havent used a dining plan since they started doing mydisney experience. Ny question is does it show your dining credits on the app so you can keep track of them?
Normally, your credits show up on your receipt.

Normally, your credits show up on your receipt.
Kind of off topic question. So we got free qsdp for our trip in sept and I havent used a dining plan since they started doing mydisney experience. Ny question is does it show your dining credits on the app so you can keep track of them?
If I remember correctly (from last Dec), there is a space in the app that shows you your remaining dining credits. You can also see them on your dining receipts.

I just checked online and the Pop Century FINALLY opened up a few minutes ago. We were able to move from AS Sports to Pop Century...it was $100 more.

Congratulations! I was able to find a bit of availability for Pop as well, but had to try all day, as I'd put things in the cart and by the time I reached the checkout page, they were gone.

I had a 7 day FD at Pop, but the family decided they wanted 11 days (they have NO idea how traumatic the whole reservation process is!). I booked a separate reservation in my husband's name at Pop for four days with FD, and then called to combine them.

The cast member told me that I couldn't combine them, because they were under different names. So... I just added my SIL to the second reservation and when I called back, after 54 minutes and some serious magic, I now have a single 11 day reservation in her name!!! Pretty excited to see the new renos at Pop...:woohoo:

Keep trying - I think there's still quite a bit of shuffling going on and rooms have been sporadically appearing/disappearing all day.

I saw which hotels were restricted from this promotion, but were there room type restrictions as well? Ie. Preferred/standard? Looking into a value.

Oh, and also, with the earlier dates being offered for Disney visa holders, how did those folks book the earlier dates? When I try to make a fake booking, it only gives me the date option of 8/20

Has anyone noticed any difference in the inventory for the Visa offer vs. the Delicious Offer? I’m still trying to switch to Nov 24-Dec 1, checking 10 times a day on both offers but I’m wondering if I really need to check both. I found a few of the days for Sports once but nothing at Pop or Music yet. I’ve been searching since the minute Free Dining dropped. I booked December as a back up but am still hopeful something will open up!

I had Pop booked for 11/24 - 12/5 when free dining dropped. I had to switch to All Star Sports to get free dining. I know this has happened to others. I wonder if I should keep trying for Pop. What are others doing? If Pop is being held for Pop Warner I wonder if it might be better just to stay at Sports and not continue to try for Pop.

I had Pop booked for 11/24 - 12/5 when free dining dropped. I had to switch to All Star Sports to get free dining. I know this has happened to others. I wonder if I should keep trying for Pop. What are others doing? If Pop is being held for Pop Warner I wonder if it might be better just to stay at Sports and not continue to try for Pop.

I've had Pop booked for a month or so. I am going to keep it booked in the hopes free dining opens up, but I am not counting on it anymore. I got All Star Music with free dining and am saving over $1,000. It is hard for me to justify spending over $1,000 more for the hotel I really want. I will keep both booked (we have awhile) and keep checking just in case something changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter