2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Hi Everyone, I have a question and sorry if this is already out there. Was able to make it in on the Free Dining for Dec, thanks to everyone here. I have a room only at Pop Dec 6th and Package Dec 7 thru 15.
I'm hoping to merge the two so I don't have to change rooms. My question is can get my Dining Pkg to start on the 6th (dinner), even though my package begins on the 7th? Hoping I wouldn't have to pay out of pocket for the first night.
Two suggestions, keep checking to see if you can get all the dates for free dining. If that doesn’t work, call and ask them about merging them.
2 years ago I did this multiple times and was told no. 2 weeks before I arrived I called to make sure I could stay in the same room and she said “I can just make them one reservation and add the one day to free dining” some days the pixie dust is in your favor!

Two suggestions, keep checking to see if you can get all the dates for free dining. If that doesn’t work, call and ask them about merging them.
2 years ago I did this multiple times and was told no. 2 weeks before I arrived I called to make sure I could stay in the same room and she said “I can just make them one reservation and add the one day to free dining” some days the pixie dust is in your favor!

For the OP, Dec 6 is NOT in the free dining window, so that probably won't be possible unless your arrival date was also not in the free dining window??

For the OP, Dec 6 is NOT in the free dining window, so that probably won't be possible unless your arrival date was also not in the free dining window??
I wasn’t paying attention to dates. You are correct. Probably won’t add it. I’m going nov 27-dec 4 so I was thinking it was all free dining‍♀️ Sorry!

I had Pop booked for 11/24 - 12/5 when free dining dropped. I had to switch to All Star Sports to get free dining. I know this has happened to others. I wonder if I should keep trying for Pop. What are others doing? If Pop is being held for Pop Warner I wonder if it might be better just to stay at Sports and not continue to try for Pop.

I’m staying similar dates (11/25 - 12/4) and also had to change to All Star Sports from Pop. I still look most days for Pop, but I don’t think it is going to open up. It’s been showing as booked for those dates since before free dining even started.

See you at Sports! I hope we both have great stays.

I wasn’t paying attention to dates. You are correct. Probably won’t add it. I’m going nov 27-dec 4 so I was thinking it was all free dining‍♀️ Sorry!

No worries! I thought maybe you had had some MAJOR pixie dust fall your way, so just wanted to be sure.

I’m staying similar dates (11/25 - 12/4) and also had to change to All Star Sports from Pop. I still look most days for Pop, but I don’t think it is going to open up. It’s been showing as booked for those dates since before free dining even started.

See you at Sports! I hope we both have great stays.
. My folks are at Pop Nov. 24-30. Our original end date was Dec. 1, and still is. They got FD originally till Nov. 28, then one opened up till Nov. 30. But...since we had to modify our original ressie, they lost Dec. 1 altogether, so for the last night, they are in one of the All Stars. For now. We will continue to check each day, multiple times a day for something to open. Even if they have to pay for dining for one night, I just don't want them to have to switch resorts for just one day.

For my dates (12/10-12/15), it appears nothing with FD is open any more, and I'd even have trouble finding a RO! I know, inventory shifts all the time, but still, we're talking almost 8 months out.

So I currently have AS Music booked for November 25 to December 1. It's the only value resort I could get the day after Free Dining dropped. I sure hope that they open up some more FD rooms at Pop Century. Wishing for some pixie dust my way.

. My folks are at Pop Nov. 24-30. Our original end date was Dec. 1, and still is. They got FD originally till Nov. 28, then one opened up till Nov. 30. But...since we had to modify our original ressie, they lost Dec. 1 altogether, so for the last night, they are in one of the All Stars. For now. We will continue to check each day, multiple times a day for something to open. Even if they have to pay for dining for one night, I just don't want them to have to switch resorts for just one day.

We also planned to get FD at Pop for Nov. 24-Dec.2 but I only got November 24-29. I want to book November 29-Dec. 2 as rooms only but it says no available but if I try November 24-December 2, there are still rooms available. So what I did was i booked November 24-Dec. 2 as rooms only then called to just make it November 29-December 2..

You can do this too for your folks. Try booking from November 28-December 1 for room only then call to cancel November 28-30.

Quick question with the QSD (I have a 3 year old covered on it) will we have to purchase a kids meal...or can we do an adult meal? If we can do an adult meal that will stretch our credits more, if not it is no big deal but I figured this would be the place to ask.

Quick question with the QSD (I have a 3 year old covered on it) will we have to purchase a kids meal...or can we do an adult meal? If we can do an adult meal that will stretch our credits more, if not it is no big deal but I figured this would be the place to ask.
We travel with 1A and 1C. I order adult meals for the majority of our QS meals and we share the adult meals. The credits stretch out really well that way.

Yep, QS credits are not differentiated between adult/child. You should really be able to stretch your credits having your 3 year old share someone's meal (I don't know how many total are in your party.) Shoot, my kids were 16, 13, and 10 last family trip and many meals we only ordered 3 for the 5 of us and had plenty of food.

Yep, QS credits are not differentiated between adult/child. You should really be able to stretch your credits having your 3 year old share someone's meal (I don't know how many total are in your party.) Shoot, my kids were 16, 13, and 10 last family trip and many meals we only ordered 3 for the 5 of us and had plenty of food.

There will be 3 adults and then my son. Plenty of food especially because he gets a on a weird very little eating diet when we vacation ( I am really hoping he out grows that sometime soon).

There will be 3 adults and then my son. Plenty of food especially because he gets a on a weird very little eating diet when we vacation ( I am really hoping he out grows that sometime soon).

Ha! When my youngest was 4, I had to study menus before we went to make sure there were nuggets at the restaurants we were visiting. LOL. He ate SO MANY nuggets that week. Oh, well, it was vacation and I was not going to fight about food! Luckily, this year he's expanded his culinary horizons.:-)

Pretty sure cancellations do immediately go back into inventory, but... Im canceling September 15-20 Savannah room at AKL if anyone needs and wants to see if it pops up.

Ha! When my youngest was 4, I had to study menus before we went to make sure there were nuggets at the restaurants we were visiting.:-)

me too with my younger grand daughter; trips when she was turning 3 and then 6, she only ate nuggets the entire trip. she might eat a "taco" now = taco shell with just cheese in it. :-)
Her older sister who likes a lot more foods has peanut, tree nuts and sesame allergies and my sister felt safer just ordering her nuggets too or a slice of pizza.

Thankfully they don't care much about the food when we are at Disney; just the rides and the pools!

I am also gonna cancel my All Star Sports Reservation with Free Dine Offer Quick Service Dining November 24-Dec. 2 if anyone wants to grab it..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter