2-8-07 or How the DIS created a DCL Expert/Addict:Chap 23 Up! TR Done!

This one's too good to forget, so I felt like bumping it.

Ashman - Did you ever decide what cruise to go on next? It better be the Double Dip!

Thanks for the bump. I always wondered what happened to Trip Reports once they fell off page 2, thanks for saving mine! We are thinking about booking again sometime soon. Sweet Child says she wants to do them all in order (3night then 4 night etc...);) . We looked at the prices for a 4 night over Easter break. :scared1: WOW very high! We looked at a four night in February and it was much better. The problem there is the kids have to miss three days of school. The scary part, you can do the 5 night repo for the Magic Labor day next year for about the same price if not cheaper than the four night! But again the issue is school. I don't have a problem with a day or two but four days I think may be to much. So we have to huddle up and decide. (And hurry the prices aren't getting cheaper!:lmao: ) We may just have to wait till the 2009 prices come out so as to get the prices at the lowest levels. Time will tell but I will give a shout out when we make the call! I had a firend ask me about our cruise a week ago. I forwarded her a link to this TR. Then I did something very dangerous, I re-read it! It just stirs up the planning jones all over again!

Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes....

You must do the 5 night double dip...you must do the 5 night double dip....

We're trying to time the booking right too, but in order to get the Cat 7 we want, I think we're going to have to pull that trigger real soon. Only 8 out of 30 of those left on that one.

Mozart - thanks for bumping this TR. I thoroughly enjoyed it - but I'm glad I found all of it in one sitting. Loved the pre-report with the clues! We've done two 4-days and are looking forward to the DD cruise in SEP08.

Ashman....just finished the last of your TR.....and as I stated earlier...wonderful report. I must tell you that I have a cruisetip paper started for myself and your info is a good portion of it. Thank you so much for sharing...and I am just glad I know the secret to getting the last hammock.

cheryl

Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes....

You must do the 5 night double dip...you must do the 5 night double dip....

We're trying to time the booking right too, but in order to get the Cat 7 we want, I think we're going to have to pull that trigger real soon. Only 8 out of 30 of those left on that one.

Mozart - thanks for bumping this TR. I thoroughly enjoyed it - but I'm glad I found all of it in one sitting. Loved the pre-report with the clues! We've done two 4-days and are looking forward to the DD cruise in SEP08.

Alas I do not think the 2008 Sept DD is in the mix for us, but I do look forward to all of the TR to come from it!

Enjoyed it! Thanks for posting.

Lisa

Thanks so much!

Ashman....just finished the last of your TR.....and as I stated earlier...wonderful report. I must tell you that I have a cruisetip paper started for myself and your info is a good portion of it. Thank you so much for sharing...and I am just glad I know the secret to getting the last hammock.

cheryl

Thanks so much! At the risk of sounding a tad melodramatic, I stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before me! The great thing about this community is the wealth of info that people are willing to share. I look forward to reading your Trippie when your turn rolls around!

Ashman, please take note of the time of morning I am typing this...I found it at approximately 10:30 pm and haven't stopped reading since then!!! I cannot express how much I enjoyed every bit of it. These family pictures will be treasured by you all for years to come! I agree completely about the Farewell party on the last night, it is not to be missed. I really hate to say goodbye to this TR, but hope to read another one by you in the future. Thanks so much for entertaining me tonight!:)

Ashman, please take note of the time of morning I am typing this...I found it at approximately 10:30 pm and haven't stopped reading since then!!! I cannot express how much I enjoyed every bit of it. These family pictures will be treasured by you all for years to come! I agree completely about the Farewell party on the last night, it is not to be missed. I really hate to say goodbye to this TR, but hope to read another one by you in the future. Thanks so much for entertaining me tonight!:)

Thanks so much! I am touched you would stay up to the wee hours reading my report. It was a real pleasure writing it. My favorite part of the Farewell Party, since it was a three night cruise it was the same night as Disney Dreams, MiniMe STILL thinks that Tinkerbell “flew” the ship at the end of the show so the family is on a real high Disney Magic Buzz. The “pixie dust” that gets dropped at the end of the party pretty much pushed us over the top. After the characters cleared out, the girls were on their hands and knees picking up “pixie dust” to save. Donald Duck comes over and taps them both on the head. He motions for them to hold out their hands and dumps a handful in both girls’ hands. It was a great little moment. That is what is so great about these cruises, there are so many little intimate magic moments that your treasure forever. I can’t wait to do my next Trip Report. Right now it looks like it will be 2009, which means I will start the trip report in about three months! :lmao: Seriously though, it was blast on the trip, and blast to write the report. It is humbling and exciting at the same time that others enjoyed it as well. Thanks for your kind words. :love:

TFS.............awesome

Pardon the ignorance, I don’t know what TFS is but thanks! Also, thanks to your child for his or her service to our country! :cheer2:

Ashman, I was prepared for the SHUB to be small, so it was actually bigger than I thought it would be. (I expected it to be shower stall size) What you didn't prepare me for was how tiny the bathrooms are. I am so glad I didn't have to kneel on the floor to give the kids a bath. And the space between the sink and door in the potty room...:rotfl2: I am pooh: sized and I laughed every time I went in there. I can't imagine what people do that are larger than me and there are alot of them.

Anyway, thanks again for the enjoyment of your TR and all the useful info you passed on!

Ashman, I was prepared for the SHUB to be small, so it was actually bigger than I thought it would be. (I expected it to be shower stall size) What you didn't prepare me for was how tiny the bathrooms are. I am so glad I didn't have to kneel on the floor to give the kids a bath. And the space between the sink and door in the potty room...:rotfl2: I am pooh: sized and I laughed every time I went in there. I can't imagine what people do that are larger than me and there are alot of them.

Anyway, thanks again for the enjoyment of your TR and all the useful info you passed on!

Thanks! You are right the bathrooms are a bit small. If you are the type that gets nervous in tight spaces it could be a problem. My kids are old enough that they can take baths by themselves, I can see where it would be interesting if We had to help them! Thanks for your kind words, I hope you enjoyed your trip!

Please note my new avatar in honor of the shub shot

Please note my new avatar in honor of the shub shot

Too Funny! You should have seen (I guess that sounds funny since I actually didn't see it either but I heard the blow by blow description) my 6"5 DS trying to take a shower. He could not stand up he had to hunch. :lmao: So then to wash his legs he had to divert the water and open the shower curtain to stick his legs out to wash them. He is a comedian similar to your style, and I was :rotfl2: as he described the situation.

then my wife and Mini Me come back with ice cream. Not just any ice cream. Soft Serve Cookie Dough ice cream! How could I have missed this in all the trip reports I have read!?!?

remember this? "I smile smugly to myself as I turn my gaze of disdain from the hapless fools who either don’t know the Dis or didn’t heed its teachings,"::lmao: I soooooooooooo couldnt resist....your TR was amazing...I enjoyed it sooooooo much...I have never done a cruise in my life...my one and only daughter is going to be 21 this year and when she was younger I just didnt have the funds to pay for cruises...thank goodness we lived only a few hours from DL so we could at least go there....but now that she is grown and I am in a better financial bracket, I am planning on doing a cruise in the beginning of Dec 09 and I am sooooo looking forward to it, thanks to TR's like yours:goodvibes

Touché'! :rotfl2: I should have know that my smug words of arrogance would come back to haunt me one day!:rotfl:

Congrats on your upcoming planning for your upcoming cruise!

And more importantly, thanks for giving my TR a bump to the top of he first page!

In all seriousness, thanks or reading I am glad you enjoyed it. It was a pleasure to write it!

Too Funny! You should have seen (I guess that sounds funny since I actually didn't see it either but I heard the blow by blow description) my 6"5 DS trying to take a shower. He could not stand up he had to hunch. :lmao: So then to wash his legs he had to divert the water and open the shower curtain to stick his legs out to wash them. He is a comedian similar to your style, and I was :rotfl2: as he described the situation.

:rotfl2: You are a riot!!!!!:rotfl2:

Thanks for the laugh at a much needed moment!!

cheryl

Thank you, thank you very much! :happytv: :woohoo:

Just found and read this entire report - wonderful!! You have a great sense of humor and what's even better - your devotion and love for your family shows through with the recounting of each event! Congrats on your great trip and beautiful family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter