2-8-07 or How the DIS created a DCL Expert/Addict:Chap 23 Up! TR Done!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

Return of the Ashman!!!

Just remember that if you take the 7 night... the next one they will want to go on is a special or a Repo cruise...(don't think they won't hear about it from the other princesses in the club!!! I think the kids have their own psychic Dis board going!!!)

Tell them...it's DCL or college... try that when they're 17 and going to college - although I'm not sure I'd have piced college either...:rolleyes1

I think I would work up: 4 day, then 7, then repo, Med, etc. Since they are still relatively young just think of all the fun to be had - and more anticipation! Plus, the best part, we get more TR's from you that way!!!!! :yay:

Thanks JD! I think we are all blessed! God has given me a great family, I love them dearly. The cruise was a blast and we can't wait to go again. The girls are having a slight disagrement though. Sweet Child wants to go on all thr cruises in order (so the 4 day is next) Mini Me wants to go for the gusto lets hop to the 7 day. (Good thing she doesn't know you can do them back to back!:scared1: ). Somehow I don't think they will have a problem either way, just so long as we go back.:lmao:

It was really hard for us to decide on the 4 night or 7 night. DH and I took a 3 night cruise a couple of years ago (not DCL) and about the time we settled in and kind of enjoyed it, it was time to get off the boat. So, we decided to go ahead and do the 7 night for the DCL. I have a hard time believing we're going to regret that choice!!

I hear you, if I had to do this trip to do over again I would have gone the 7 day but we had a great time. Mt rhoery is as long as you are on the ship you can't go wrong but I agree on the 3 night seems like you are leaving as soon as you get settled!

And forgot to tell you - I borrowed your countdown idea. I loved the poster with the post it notes. DS and I have a picture of the Magic and we've covered it in small Post Its for his countdown. DD is using the old method of construction paper linked together to make a chain!

The girls are having a slight disagrement though. Sweet Child wants to go on all thr cruises in order (so the 4 day is next) Mini Me wants to go for the gusto lets hop to the 7 day. (Good thing she doesn't know you can do them back to back!:scared1: ). Somehow I don't think they will have a problem either way, just so long as we go back.:lmao:

Split the difference and join us on the 5 nighter next Labor Day!

Besides, you can't wait too long or else they won't be able to enjoy watching HSM2 on the Dumbotron. (I actually watched part of that the other night...painful is the best way to describe it.)

And forgot to tell you - I borrowed your countdown idea. I loved the poster with the post it notes. DS and I have a picture of the Magic and we've covered it in small Post Its for his countdown. DD is using the old method of construction paper linked together to make a chain!

That's great! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Besides, it was someone else's idea, I modified it. Thats the beauty of the Trip Reports. It gives you the chance to see planning ideas in action and gives you a way to pay it forward!

Split the difference and join us on the 5 nighter next Labor Day!

Besides, you can't wait too long or else they won't be able to enjoy watching HSM2 on the Dumbotron. (I actually watched part of that the other night...painful is the best way to describe it.)

Mozart my friend I would love that but I don't think its in the cards either with the budget or with school schedules.

BTW HSM2 isn't that bad, you just haven't had it burned into your subconcious yet. After 58 more viewings you'll be "All For One" before you know it!

One way to know you have been taken over by the HSM2 virus, you notice that Mily Cyrus of Hannah Montana fame makes a cameo in the last dance montage!

Fantastic!!! :thumbsup2 Loved reading your TR! popcorn:: My instant thoughts after reading your last chapter, was that your girls are SO lucky to have you for their dad. I'm sure your house is a fun place! (The treasure hunt at Christmas was fabulous!)

Now, go on another cruise so we can read more awesome TRs from you! :cheer2:

Fantastic!!! :thumbsup2 Loved reading your TR! popcorn:: My instant thoughts after reading your last chapter, was that your girls are SO lucky to have you for their dad. I'm sure your house is a fun place! (The treasure hunt at Christmas was fabulous!)

Now, go on another cruise so we can read more awesome TRs from you! :cheer2:

Thanks so much, I plan to! I think We are going on an Eastern in 2009 IF THE DATES EVER COME OUT! If the Magic isn't in the Carribean Summer of 2009 we may have to go with one over Spring break. The problem with that I don't if our break in 2009 will be pre or post Easter. I guess I will have to book both (to lock in the prices of course!) and once the schedule for 2008-2009 school year comes out, cancel the one I don't need and apply it to the other one. JEEZ I have issues. I am planning about when I will be able to plan again!:dance3:

Ok... I don't know if I mentioned this before but everytime I see your TR come up... I start to hum Carol King's "Jazzman" but with "ASHMAN...Take my blues away..." :goodvibes

Ashman? Are you still out there? Can I have your autograph?:) Awesome TR!!!Question for you:

After it was all said and done do you regret reading so much about the cruise before going? Did you still have a few surprises?

Thanks,

Neya

I'm still around! Don't know if you you really want my autograph bu feel free to copy my signature!

As to your question, do I regret knowing so much? Not really, I knew a lot of what was going to happen. But knowing what was coming and experiencing it was two totally different things. I found that knowing many things helped me get my family in position to maximize our enjoyment. With a three night, the cruise goes by so fast, knowing what to expect was a big benefit.

A key example, was the tip to bring your suits with your carry on bags. You may remember my "shamu shot"

OurPool.jpg

We had the pool practically to ourselves, I never would have known it without the DIS.

Thanks for your repply. I enjoyed reading your TR so much because it was from a "dad's " pespective. It was like we were right there with your family. We (dh, 2 1/2 yr dd and I) will be sailing next week we can't wait!!! These fun times are sooo important for our children, I loved the look on your little girl's face and many of the pictures, it was pure joy. Sometimes I cannot express how much I love my daughter and my husband especially when we are doing things together we are so ready for this trip! Ok, sappy moment is over. Got to finish dinner.

Wishing you and your family well.

Neya

That's great! Just remember to post your own trip report when you get back. Have a wonderful time!

i have really enjoyed reading your trip report you have a beautiful family and i'm sure you have wonderful memories that shall remain with your forever

it's 11am in the UK at the moment, i've been sat here over two hours reading so now i really must go and get some breakfast on the go

just wanted to say it's a great report and thank you so much for sharing your memories and photographs

wishing you all well :goodvibes

marie

I started reading your TR a little after 10 pm

Now it is after 12 midnight (east coast time) :rolleyes1

Thanks for the wrap up of ALL the great dis tips.

Maybe you could consolidate the tips into 1 post for all to see :thumbsup2

You truly have been blessed, my friend!

i have really enjoyed reading your trip report you have a beautiful family and i'm sure you have wonderful memories that shall remain with your forever

it's 11am in the UK at the moment, i've been sat here over two hours reading so now i really must go and get some breakfast on the go

just wanted to say it's a great report and thank you so much for sharing your memories and photographs

wishing you all well :goodvibes

marie

Thanks so much, glad you were able to enjoy it all in one sitting!

I started reading your TR a little after 10 pm

Now it is after 12 midnight (east coast time) :rolleyes1

Thanks for the wrap up of ALL the great dis tips.

Maybe you could consolidate the tips into 1 post for all to see :thumbsup2

You truly have been blessed, my friend!

Glad to know I am causing sleep deprivation for my friends here stateside! :lmao: You are right, I am blessed beyond measure. I did a sort of mini consolidation on Page 11 Post number 155. There are a couple of good threads on the main board that do a much better job. Thanks again for reading!

Well it is Christmas time again and we got the gifts under the tree this weekend. Mini Me saw the gift to the her and her sister and said "LOOK Tinkerbell paper!" Sweet Child responded, "Yeah but we won't get a cruise THIS year, but maybe next year!" :lmao: OH MY I have started something! I have raised the bar higher that I meant too! Now where are those 2009 dates again? :confused3 :rotfl: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter