• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

17 CRV Construction Photos from 5/30, 6/6, 6/9

Also check this one out...

It states "Contemporary Suites" all over it....
But if you scroll down to page 11... It states, "Proposed DVC Resort Contemporary Hotel." Then on the next page it again states "This project is a proposed Disney Vacation Club Resort that will be built at the Contemporary Hotel in Walt Disney World, Florida."

It also states a 16-story tower.

If you look at the bottom of the WP docs (WordPerfect/Word/?) included, it shows the saved doc file info, which includes the phrase "DVC_at_The_Contemporary_Resort" at the bottom of each page.

Page 48 uses both "DVC@The Contemporary" and "Disney's Contemporary Resorts" in the same doc - the former is the heading, and the latter starts the first sentence. I don't believe there has been a change in plans at all - I think both expressions refer to the same project - a DVC resort (JMO, FWIW).

back to CRV:wizard: ; as for Contemporary Resort Suites - do you not consider the current studio/1 BR DVC units similiar to suite accommodations? Perhaps they will not offer the typical larger units or will have several connecting smaller units instead to suit those who want more space. I think the building will offer the same suite accommodations (1 BRs to sleep 5 or 6) for both resort guests & a % allocated to DVC.

the 1 and 2 bedroom are similiar to suites. suites have more stuff. but no kitchen in suites - only a kitchennett. now some 2-bedroom do have a kitchen (I think)

still have hope that this is just a screen from Disney - but I am beginning to wonder why?

the 1 and 2 bedroom are similiar to suites. suites have more stuff. but no kitchen in suites - only a kitchennett. now some 2-bedroom do have a kitchen (I think)

still have hope that this is just a screen from Disney - but I am beginning to wonder why?

Well Disney hasn't officially flat out denied that it is a DVC. Some CMs have claimed it isn't and others have claimed it is. But Disney has not officially announced it either way. You would think that if it is simply "suites" that Disney would have officially announced it long ago. I mean why wait and leave speculation out there that would only slow down sales at AKV?

This is going to be a huge building. 16 floors. If the whole thing is suites going for $600+ a night... they are never going to keep that hotel filled. And Disney does not like occupancy below 90%. What might happen here though is the building may contain both. It may be a DVC but also have some MK suites that Disney has been wanting. The building will be more than big enough to do that. And Disney won't have to keep those suites booked to keep the hotel profitable.

. What might happen here though is the building may contain both. It may be a DVC but also have some MK suites that Disney has been wanting. The building will be more than big enough to do that. And Disney won't have to keep those suites booked to keep the hotel profitable.

That is actually what I've been thinking - suites and DVC. They could definitely use the extra suites for conventioneers, and the DVC would sell out pretty quickly in that location.

Well Disney hasn't officially flat out denied that it is a DVC. Some CMs have claimed it isn't and others have claimed it is. But Disney has not officially announced it either way. You would think that if it is simply "suites" that Disney would have officially announced it long ago. I mean why wait and leave speculation out there that would only slow down sales at AKV?

thank you so much, Jerry.... I really, really want this to be a CRV but after talking to my DB I was giving up hope.

Now maybe there is a chance again. Really, really wish Disney would tell us what this is going to be. Of course, there is the other possiblity that Disney hasn't decided yet.

but to do a kitchen don't you need to know fairly quickly to put in the correct plumbing?

or does that not happen for a while?

want a DVC!!!!:woohoo: :yay: :cheer2:

thank you so much, Jerry.... I really, really want this to be a CRV but after talking to my DB I was giving up hope.

Now maybe there is a chance again. Really, really wish Disney would tell us what this is going to be. Of course, there is the other possiblity that Disney hasn't decided yet.

Considering that the foundation is being started, you'd think they'd have a plan by now. :)

I really think they are putting in at least some DVC there. Supposedly DVC is planned for every deluxe resort, maybe moderates as well at some point. So this is Disney's opportunity to do that with the Contemporary. DVC is a big money-maker for them.

the 1 and 2 bedroom are similiar to suites. suites have more stuff. but no kitchen in suites - only a kitchennett. now some 2-bedroom do have a kitchen (I think)...

Are you talking about Disney suites, or suites in general? There are hotels that include a kitchen as part of a suite - we just stayed in a Best Western suite with a kitchen. We have also stayed in Hawthorn, Marriott TownPlace and Summerfield Suites that had kitchens. We rarely if ever had a 2 BR, but each definitely had a full kitchen. I don't think "suite" and "full kitchen" are mutually exclusive any longer (if it ever was).

Are you talking about Disney suites, or suites in general? There are hotels that include a kitchen as part of a suite - we just stayed in a Best Western suite with a kitchen. We have also stayed in Hawthorn, Marriott TownPlace and Summerfield Suites that had kitchens. We rarely if ever had a 2 BR, but each definitely had a full kitchen. I don't think "suite" and "full kitchen" are mutually exclusive any longer (if it ever was).

They aren't. Most suites do not include full kitchens (just the small kitchenettes). I think the extended stay rooms are more likely to have the fully equipped kitchens. Or anything that is called a villa.

yea but the disney suites I have seem - don't have a kitchen in the 1-bedroom.

the 2-bedroom there is kinda one - but the DVC resorts generally have a better one.

disney wants you to eat in its restuarants....not in your room - or if you do then room service.

and no suite at Disney has a washer/dryer in the room.

yea but the disney suites I have seem - don't have a kitchen in the 1-bedroom.

the 2-bedroom there is kinda one - but the DVC resorts generally have a better one.

disney wants you to eat in its restuarants....not in your room - or if you do then room service.

and no suite at Disney has a washer/dryer in the room.

The only other places with washer/dryers that I remember were at the DI (I recall some of the units having them, though not the bungalows). Suites at Disney tend not to have much, though often (always?) they include concierge - so you don't have to worry as much about food and cooking.

In the past it seems Disney fearlessly announced resort projects way in advance, apparently without fear of having to cancel them even though some never materialized.

Why is this so secretive? Does it have to do with timeshare laws? I.e. does the lack of an announcement implicate plans for DVC? Has there ever been such secrecy with any of the non-DVC Disney resorts?

I don't know - I just put new pics up today on the same page, it does seem odd. It looks like they will be announcing the California DVC before they start anything, so you'd think they'd do the same here.

A sign was up today pointing towards Construction Parking at Disneys Contemporary Suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter