• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

17 CRV Construction Photos from 5/30, 6/6, 6/9

I miss Tony the Frog. I really enjoyed his posts during the beginnings of the AKV.

when is DVC going to announce this.

then again I don't want the announcement until I get the money in 2009.

I hope they wait, too. We'll be just about ready to do an add on in late '09, early 2010.

:)

my brother's father in law - does the bids on steel for his company.

well Disney has send in a request for one.

but the plans he has only mention Contemporary Suites - no mention of DVC at all.:confused3 :confused: :scared1:

let's all hope this is just Disney trying to kept it a secret. and it will DVC instead of CR suites - but hey willing to share. Anything to get CR villa.:rolleyes1

forgot - this person is saying 2 years too.

so even if they start today (and they can't if they are just sending out request for bids on steel) it will take 2 years.

This is my stance on it, at this time the ground and building that is being constructed belong to Disney Resort Operations, hence the Contemporary Suites name that keeps popping up.

Because at this time DVC can't announce another location due to AKV and the finish of SSR. Also I think Disney resorts and DVC have not come to a complete agreement over the situation, if they had it would have come before AKV.

I think eventually you will see DVC there but at this time, the property still belongs to resorts.

This is my stance on it, at this time the ground and building that is being constructed belong to Disney Resort Operations, hence the Contemporary Suites name that keeps popping up.

Because at this time DVC can't announce another location due to AKV and the finish of SSR. Also I think Disney resorts and DVC have not come to a complete agreement over the situation, if they had it would have come before AKV.

I think eventually you will see DVC there but at this time, the property still belongs to resorts.

The explanation given was sales were more successful with multiple properties available, so there will be at least two more DVC choices coming on line relatively soon. I don't know how strong my source is, but everything thus far has been "right on". I have heard some of the same info as given to a certain frog-type: CRV model rooms were stumbled upon, as were a second set of partially finished ones for a second location. (Also, AKV concierge rooms will be opening ahead of schedule (Dec 1), bookings to start on a certain date in June.) My source said CRV announcement within 5-8 months. Take it for what it is worth - it's obviously nothing more than a rumor at this point, but I'm doing some serious "planning" just in case....

Who is Tony the Frog?

Pretty sure that Tony the frog is he who shall not be named ...
or he who has been ____banned.

But he still posts on numerous other Disney related boards and he certainly had all the info on DAKL long before anyone else, so I surely trust his Deep Croak sources! :rotfl:

I can certainly see that it could take 2 years to build - sometimes Disney takes a year or two just on rehabs, let alone a whole new building with everything that entails. I would be surprised if Disney waited so long to announce it - I mean, it's already started!

I understand about the frog now. :) I have a friend who gets inside info too, so it's interesting to occasionally hear things before they happen. He's been saying for months that the Contemporary is slated for DVC - but occasionally even when Disney plans something, that changes (like the Haunted Mansion Holiday that was planned to come to WDW, and then the plans changed).

The explanation given was sales were more successful with multiple properties available, so there will be at least two more DVC choices coming on line relatively soon. I don't know how strong my source is, but everything thus far has been "right on". I have heard some of the same info as given to a certain frog-type: CRV model rooms were stumbled upon, as were a second set of partially finished ones for a second location. (Also, AKV concierge rooms will be opening ahead of schedule (Dec 1), bookings to start on a certain date in June.) My source said CRV announcement within 5-8 months. Take it for what it is worth - it's obviously nothing more than a rumor at this point, but I'm doing some serious "planning" just in case....

With SSR closing in on being sold out, the other interesting tidbit I got from Tony, was DVC sales close at a better rate when they have 2 resorts to offer customers.

I dont buy the idea that it is simply "family suites." It would be a bad financial decision on Disney's behalf not to build DVC at Contemporary. Not only that, but if the drawings circulating the net are true, this is going to be an extremely expensive expansion.

SSR is about 85% sold out. As soon as that is sold out and AKV is 50% sold, I think that is when Disney will finally let out the truth. Having both AKV and CRV selling is going to draw in a ton of cash for Disney....and they know it.

I dont buy the idea that it is simply "family suites." It would be a bad financial decision on Disney's behalf not to build DVC at Contemporary. Not only that, but if the drawings circulating the net are true, this is going to be an extremely expensive expansion.

SSR is about 85% sold out. As soon as that is sold out and AKV is 50% sold, I think that is when Disney will finally let out the truth. Having both AKV and CRV selling is going to draw in a ton of cash for Disney....and they know it.

Gee I hope you are right!!!

so why is all the stuff being send to construction companies saying only Contemporary suites?

AKV said AKV - they got asked for bids on that steel too.

I really want DVC to happen and have for years!

but if the Contemporary suites are what is happening - I don't think DVC will get it. suites are not DVC - no full kitchens.

I don't see these things are family suites - not like All stars - I see these things are real suites to appeal to the rich.

of course I am hopping for something like BW - we don't get the whole thing - but we do get some of it.

Also check this one out...

It states "Contemporary Suites" all over it....
But if you scroll down to page 11... It states, "Proposed DVC Resort Contemporary Hotel." Then on the next page it again states "This project is a proposed Disney Vacation Club Resort that will be built at the Contemporary Hotel in Walt Disney World, Florida."

It also states a 16-story tower.

http://my.sfwmd.gov/cmsdk/content/i...pplications/061106-23file2_ApplDocs_78670.pdf

A former poster (Tony, AKA greenban - had frog-related "theming" to his avatar and posts) that apparently has been permanently banned from the DIS boards.

Greenban has be "banned"? Is this true? I haven't seen any of his posts in a while--since right before and during the announcement of AKV. I had no idea. Did he violate a rule or something? Seems a little harsh if true.

Blakely

Also check this one out...

It states "Contemporary Suites" all over it....
But if you scroll down to page 11... It states, "Proposed DVC Resort Contemporary Hotel." Then on the next page it again states "This project is a proposed Disney Vacation Club Resort that will be built at the Contemporary Hotel in Walt Disney World, Florida."

It also states a 16-story tower.

http://my.sfwmd.gov/cmsdk/content/i...pplications/061106-23file2_ApplDocs_78670.pdf

I don't think at this time Disney resorts has released the property to DVC, when they do, an announcement will be made.

I have a friend who gets inside info too, so it's interesting to occasionally hear things before they happen. He's been saying for months that the Contemporary is slated for DVC - but occasionally even when Disney plans something, that changes (like the Haunted Mansion Holiday that was planned to come to WDW, and then the plans changed).

it's not coming:confused: waaaaaaaaa:sad1: ; then why else would they shut down the HM 3 months during peak summer dates?

back to CRV:wizard: ; as for Contemporary Resort Suites - do you not consider the current studio/1 BR DVC units similiar to suite accommodations? Perhaps they will not offer the typical larger units or will have several connecting smaller units instead to suit those who want more space. I think the building will offer the same suite accommodations (1 BRs to sleep 5 or 6) for both resort guests & a % allocated to DVC.

Greenban has be "banned"? Is this true? I haven't seen any of his posts in a while--since right before and during the announcement of AKV. I had no idea. Did he violate a rule or something? Seems a little harsh if true.

Blakely

:scared1:

Blakely

I don't know the particulars and questioning "why" will probably get me a warning at a minimum, so as I'm not part of the issue I'll neither question nor comment on the ban itself. All I can say is "yes, he's been gone for a while now" and "yes, the ban is permanent". He does post on other boards should you enjoy his posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter