ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigletto is inspiring me to change resorts too! I really want a deluxe for the deluxe dining plan. Now to decide before February so I plan ( and change!) my ADR's. POR Riverside was gorgeous but we didn't book preferred and it was way to far to the food court. And suggestions on the best, yet not too expensive, deluxe?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just so you know, you can upgrade to the deluxe dining plan while at a moderate resort. Also, booking a deluxe resort doesn't get you the deluxe dining plan (darn it!) , mods and deluxe only get the regular dining plan for free dining while the values get the QS.

I have considered the DxDP, theres so many places I want to try but my kids don't want to be tied to the ADRs. :(

Beachmama I invite you to be a rebel and plan your November trip in here too!:)

Oh, I def will! haha!!

Pigletto is inspiring me to change resorts too! I really want a deluxe for the deluxe dining plan. Now to decide before February so I plan ( and change!) my ADR's. POR Riverside was gorgeous but we didn't book preferred and it was way to far to the food court. And suggestions on the best, yet not too expensive, deluxe?

I am glad you asked this, because I went into full research mode and realized that I could stay at the Boardwalk for not much more than POR!! I am calling tomorrow to switch (for the first time, Pigletto!) I would love to stay at the Poly, but that's a $1300 difference. Contemporary seems reasonable too, though!

Look at all you resort changers! I'm so proud of you all:rotfl2::rotfl2:

beachmama.. We LOVED the Boardwalk! It's so pretty and there is so much to see and do. Walking to Epcot and DHS was just wonderful!!!

Hmmm..now I want to stay at the Boardwalk too:rotfl2:

SenecaWolf said:
Just so you know, you can upgrade to the deluxe dining plan while at a moderate resort. Also, booking a deluxe resort doesn't get you the deluxe dining plan (darn it!) , mods and deluxe only get the regular dining plan for free dining while the values get the QS.

I have considered the DxDP, theres so many places I want to try but my kids don't want to be tied to the ADRs. :(

Ooh, I didn't know that. But we have free dining as the bounce back at POR, so I wonder how much more it is to upgrade to dxdp vs to upgrade resorts? Hmmm....

It would be an additional $44.38 per person, per day. DxDP is $99.97 each while DDP is $55.59 each.

QS DDP is $37.38 each so when we booked the BB I originally booked at POP and upgraded the dining plan. Then I worked out prices and realized that I could stay at a moderate with the basic DDP for not much more. That's how I ended up back at CBR lol. Now I'm considering a deluxe since I still have almost a year to pay it off LOL!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

SenecaWolf said:
It would be an additional $44.38 per person, per day. DxDP is $99.97 each while DDP is $55.59 each.

QS DDP is $37.38 each so when we booked the BB I originally booked at POP and upgraded the dining plan. Then I worked out prices and realized that I could stay at a moderate with the basic DDP for not much more. That's how I ended up back at CBR lol. Now I'm considering a deluxe since I still have almost a year to pay it off LOL!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

Thanks! So with free dining, it would be an extra $44.38 per person per day for dxdp? That would be almost worth it for all the 2 ticket meals I want to try. But if you stay at a deluxe resort, you don't get the free dxdp? Shucks! I thought you did!

DS9 has informed me that he wants to stay at AKL. I have think about it. And I am still on the fence about the DDP. We had it the last time we went but DS was 9, he will be 10 when we go next year and that is a substantial difference in price:faint:. But I did like the convenience of having it and we had lots of character meals.

DS9 has informed me that he wants to stay at AKL. I have think about it. And I am still on the fence about the DDP. We had it the last time we went but DS was 9, he will be 10 when we go next year and that is a substantial difference in price:faint:. But I did like the convenience of having it and we had lots of character meals.

My son is 8 and we're finding that the kids meals aren't really cutting it anymore. He doesn't eat a ton, but he gets really sick of the choices (especially with the counter service meals) and sometimes it simply isn't enough food. It is a pain to move him up to the Adult ddp though because he's not always hungry enough for the adult meals. If free dining isn't offered I am pretty sure we'll go OOP or we'll stick with the kids meals and supplement when needed.

Went with Mom to AAA to price the trip. Waited an hour to talk to a agent. Got a price which didn't seem too much better than the WDW web site. Called Disney direct when I got home, found out AAA only gives 10% discount on rooms, not food nor parks. Learned what ppl have said here, better to deal w/WDW directly.
A good thing did come of our trip to AAA, Mom decided we will go in Aug. for 7 days, not 5!! She's paying, it's a gift to me, so I hadn't wanted to suggest a week, but I am ready glad.
But we are changing to POP from AoA :( if there are discounts available in Aug. they are less likely to be offered at AoA. Oh well.

Went with Mom to AAA to price the trip. Waited an hour to talk to a agent. Got a price which didn't seem too much better than the WDW web site. Called Disney direct when I got home, found out AAA only gives 10% discount on rooms, not food nor parks. Learned what ppl have said here, better to deal w/WDW directly.
A good thing did come of our trip to AAA, Mom decided we will go in Aug. for 7 days, not 5!! She's paying, it's a gift to me, so I hadn't wanted to suggest a week, but I am ready glad.
But we are changing to POP from AoA :( if there are discounts available in Aug. they are less likely to be offered at AoA. Oh well.

Sorry to hear about the resort change! At least, you can see AoA from POP right? And you can always walk over and check it out.

And it's great though you can stay for a week instead of only 5 days!

Hi everyone!

We returned from our first trip (August 2012) and we are now hooked! We have decided to return again August 2013. We did not take advantage of the bounceback deal when we were there unfortunately (sad we didn't...we just weren't 100% sure yet!)

I did not know that there was an August 2012 board when we were planning for that trip, so I am glad to have found the 2013.

We stayed at POR and LOVED it, but we are going to try another moderate this time around. We have not booked anything yet, but will in the next few weeks!

So let the planning and waiting begin! Looking forward to chatting with all of you!::yes::

Hi everyone!

We returned from our first trip (August 2012) and we are now hooked! We have decided to return again August 2013. We did not take advantage of the bounceback deal when we were there unfortunately (sad we didn't...we just weren't 100% sure yet!)
I did not know that there was an August 2012 board when we were planning for that trip, so I am glad to have found the 2013.

We stayed at POR and LOVED it, but we are going to try another moderate this time around. We have not booked anything yet, but will in the next few weeks!

So let the planning and waiting begin! Looking forward to chatting with all of you!::yes::

We have felt unsure of whether we'd be able to afford a trip the following year in the past. We did go ahead and book the Bounceback anyway (and have always somehow made it work). My thinking was to lock in free dining and see how things work out. You have until 45 days out to make a final decision without penalty, so, for us, it's a no-brainer to go ahead and book it.

We have felt unsure of whether we'd be able to afford a trip the following year in the past. We did go ahead and book the Bounceback anyway (and have always somehow made it work). My thinking was to lock in free dining and see how things work out. You have until 45 days out to make a final decision without penalty, so, for us, it's a no-brainer to go ahead and book it.

Wait...so i can still book the bounceback even though we are home? I thought it could only be booked while there on your vacation?

Wait...so i can still book the bounceback even though we are home? I thought it could only be booked while there on your vacation?

Sorry to be unclear, but you are correct in thinking it must be booked while staying there. My comments were directed towards people like you, that aren't quite certain whether they should book Bounceback or not. You have lots of time to decide without losing any $$$. Hopefully you'll find free dining, or a room discount that gets you back next year...Good luck!

Hello ALL!! My name's Melora :cutie: and I'm pretty new to posting around here. 3 of my closest friends and I have booked our trip for August 28-September 4 and we couldn't be more excited. We'll be staying at Pop Century, and it's going to be the first WDW vacation for all of us. :banana:

Hello ALL!! My name's Melora :cutie: and I'm pretty new to posting around here. 3 of my closest friends and I have booked our trip for August 28-September 4 and we couldn't be more excited. We'll be staying at Pop Century, and it's going to be the first WDW vacation for all of us. :banana:

:welcome: You will be bitten by the Disney Bug!! There is something about crossing those arches that spreads pixiedust: and you become addicted to DisneyWorld. I am still a newbie myself having been only twice. Good luck with your planning:cool1:

:welcome: new August friends!! :thumbsup2

Meloramelora, I updated the resort list with your dates.

To everyone else, if I've overlooked your dates please let me know!

So guess what everybody...3 months from today is Christmas!! :santa: I suppose I better start my lists and shopping LOL.

:welcome: new August friends!! :thumbsup2

Meloramelora, I updated the resort list with your dates.

To everyone else, if I've overlooked your dates please let me know!

So guess what everybody...3 months from today is Christmas!! :santa: I suppose I better start my lists and shopping LOL.

I know!::yes:: The only thing that gets me planning and excited like a Disney trip is Christmas!
I have some lists started but no shopping yet. Still recovering from vacation spending.:rolleyes1

Sorry to be unclear, but you are correct in thinking it must be booked while staying there. My comments were directed towards people like you, that aren't quite certain whether they should book Bounceback or not. You have lots of time to decide without losing any $$$. Hopefully you'll find free dining, or a room discount that gets you back next year...Good luck!

Thanks for clarifying. You got me excited there for a second :) Yes, fingers crossed that we get free dining again this time around!

We only did staycations this year due to me being in school. So i am more than ready to start my shopping for disney. I definitely need to start early because I spend way too much money right before the trip so if I start early, I can recover in the cash department :rotfl:.

I am just hoping we can get a good deal on airfare. Airfare is so expensive from Ca. to Orlando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter