ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, WL looks great! And the AKL too... I'd love to stay someplace with a monorail, but the GF is way too expensive and the CR doesn't look like as much fun theming.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Same here, I would love to stay on the monorail too but I don't think I would enjoy myself knowing how much I paid for the room. WL and AKL are almost $100 less per night. I guess I dont want to spend my vacation trying to maximize my resort time in order to justify the price of the monorail resorts.

Nurse_Mommy4 said:
Same here, I would love to stay on the monorail too but I don't think I would enjoy myself knowing how much I paid for the room. WL and AKL are almost $100 less per night. I guess I dont want to spend my vacation trying to maximize my resort time in order to justify the price of the monorail resorts.

That's exactly it! I could see myself forcing everyone to spend more time at the resort because of the cost! WL has a boat to MK, which looks great. Has anyone stayed at either AKL or WL? If so, what do you prefer?

Helloooooo Team August! I haven't been around in a few weeks because:
1) I was too tired to post while on the trip, and
2) we've been back a week yesterday, and needed last week to adjust to the real world/get my son and I into the school routine.

But -- I booked the BB! We have tentative plans at POR for 8/18-25, but I'd love to try a deluxe if we can swing it. We'll see! Anyway, our trip was amazing, but I did learn that 10 days is a bit too long. If we had left on the 8th day I would have been fine. No sooner though.

Glad to be in preliminary stages of planning for next year. Now I'm off to do homework!

Hi! Planning a AofA trip 8/19-8/23. My mom's taking me and my DD 7 & DD 10, ffor my 40th b-day.
She said" we didnt plan when we took you as kids - whats to plan?" DH hates Fla, and has heard enough abt WDW over the last week since Mom gave me the gift. I am glad I
found all of you. So much to learn, havent been to WDW since '84.

2) we've been back a week yesterday, and needed last week to adjust to the real world/get my son and I into the school routine.

But -- I booked the BB! We have tentative plans at POR for 8/18-25, but I'd love to try a deluxe if we can swing it. We'll see! Anyway, our trip was amazing, but I did learn that 10 days is a bit too long. If we had left on the 8th day I would have been fine. No sooner though.

Glad to be in preliminary stages of planning for next year. Now I'm off to do homework!
Join the club! KarmaLady and I are right there with ya! We are both booked at POR with BB and looking at upgrading to a deluxe!:goodvibes

Hi! Planning a AofA trip 8/19-8/23. My mom's taking me and my DD 7 & DD 10, ffor my 40th b-day.
She said" we didnt plan when we took you as kids - whats to plan?" DH hates Fla, and has heard enough abt WDW over the last week since Mom gave me the gift. I am glad I

:welcome:
We had a really fun group on the Team August 2012! Planning is half the fun!:cheer2:

Oh I would so love to stay at a deluxe! Poly would probably be my first choice but then I would have to take a week off my trip time. I mentioned it to the kiddos and they looked at me like I'd just grown horns!

"Shorten the trip? No way, then you'll have us up early AND at the parks all day and we won't get to spend time at the resort anyways!!"

*sigh* They know me all to well. :blush:

My friends and I are talking about maybe doing the F&W Fest the year after, then I'll stay deluxe!! LOL

Loreli said:

Welcome! Planning is way more than half the fun! I've heard great things about AoA.

SenecaWolf, you are right about the poly. I would do the same thing: cut the trip shorter to stay there and cut other costs too. I'd love to stay there, but just can't justify it. Maybe if I get a deal or something, but with free dining only, it's just not in the cards. I'd love to try the deluxe dining though! There's a lot of 2 ticket places I'd love to try.

Join the club! KarmaLady and I are right there with ya! We are both booked at POR with BB and looking at upgrading to a deluxe!:goodvibes

Are you all doing homework too? ;)
I have no idea if I'll be able to do a deluxe, but a girl can dream! My sons grandmother has a trainer who claims she can get me a 50% off deal, but that sounds outlandish! We shall see. I'll keep y'all posted. :goodvibes

Are you all doing homework too? ;)
I have no idea if I'll be able to do a deluxe, but a girl can dream! My sons grandmother has a trainer who claims she can get me a 50% off deal, but that sounds outlandish! We shall see. I'll keep y'all posted. :goodvibes

If she does, please let us all know how to get it, too!!! :rolleyes1

Finally made my way over here! It's great to have so many people from Team August 2012 on this thread!

First off, we will be going on a 3 night Dream cruise from August 1-4 then we are going to be staying at the Wilderness Lodge from the 4-10th.

Whee, just upgraded to CBR from POP!!! :cheer2:

I loved POP when I was there but for the long trip we're taking I would much rather have the nicer pool, hot tub etc... I gave up a day but I was already going to do that. I need to give my kids some recuperation time before they start school. The way it was we would have gotten home on a Sunday and they would start on Monday. :scared1:

Anyways...the whole thing only cost $180.48 to upgrade. Couldnt beat that!!

Glad to see ya onboard

:welcome: This is the place to be to learn about Disney! I'm so glad I found this site before my first trip.

Finally made my way over here! It's great to have so many people from Team August 2012 on this thread!

First off, we will be going on a 3 night Dream cruise from August 1-4 then we are going to be staying at the Wilderness Lodge from the 4-10th.

Glad to see ya back! I would love to go on a cruise but I don't foresee that ever happening, I get horribly seasick lol.

Everyone's current resorts are listed. Just let me know if/when changes are made and I will fix it. So far seems like POR is the place to be from the 18-25!!

Mom's tripple A lady said there is frequently free dinning offered in Aug. I know this year it's in Sept. When would we know the free dinning dates for 2013?
Do any of you have experience with, opinions on, or stories about pool hopping? Mom took us to the polynesian pool in '82 we were staying off site - as we never stayed @ WDW. She wants to pool hop again.

Loreli said:
Mom's tripple A lady said there is frequently free dinning offered in Aug. I know this year it's in Sept. When would we know the free dinning dates for 2013?
Do any of you have experience with, opinions on, or stories about pool hopping? Mom took us to the polynesian pool in '82 we were staying off site - as we never stayed @ WDW. She wants to pool hop again.

There usually is free dining offered, I believe its offered in April/May-ish.

Unless your a DVC member, pool hopping between resorts is not allowed and is quite a hot topic around the boards. Some resorts even check your KTTW card as verification. Just a warning.

I believe there is a thread regarding pool hopping in the resorts forum. When I get to my computer I'll try to post the link. Since your're new to the boards I suggest reading that over before asking on the main forums. We're a friendly bunch in here, but out in the main forums it can get ugly quickly on some topics.

ETA: Heres the thread: >> Using Pools at Other Resorts - FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Sweet Tarnations Are we doin this again!?!?:cheer2::cheer2: Well, I better get my pom-poms shined up again!! Sure, why not- I'll go in August again but Im really hoping for a FD week this time. Good to see some of my good buddies again on here:wave2:

WOW, a whole year of Dysfunctional Family Fridays!! Cant wait!:rotfl:

Sweet Tarnations Are we doin this again!?!?:cheer2::cheer2: Well, I better get my pom-poms shined up again!! Sure, why not- I'll go in August again but Im really hoping for a FD week this time. Good to see some of my good buddies again on here:wave2:

Well, lookie who's here!!! I thought you said goodbye to us?? I'm glad you are here with us, though! There's a lot of us repeaters. So, you didn't book bounceback? Wow....those who did are guaranteed Free Dining as long as it's after 8/18!!! Anyways, glad to have our cheerleader here!!! :cheer2:

and yes, I ALREADY started my PTR.....Yes, I am obsessed....but at least I'm in good company!

Yaay!!! Our cheerleader has returned! Did you miss us? I think of August kind of like childbirth, during you wonder if or why you would ever do it again but once your home (and its not 100 degrees in the shade), looking at all your vacation pictures, you think it wasn't that bad.....and the cycle repeats.:thumbsup2

Ok, no more talk abt pools. Thanks for the link - now I have the rules for my mom.

Is it really 100 degrees in the shade? I know it was hot when we went in Aug in the 70's and early 80's, but I don't remember -- guess that was your point hu?

I post from my phone so I can't quote...sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter