ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
litlpixie said:
Sweet Tarnations Are we doin this again!?!?:cheer2::cheer2: Well, I better get my pom-poms shined up again!! Sure, why not- I'll go in August again but Im really hoping for a FD week this time. Good to see some of my good buddies again on here:wave2:

WOW, a whole year of Dysfunctional Family Fridays!! Cant wait!:rotfl:

Welcome to the party!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Ok, no more talk abt pools. Thanks for the link - now I have the rules for my mom.

Is it really 100 degrees in the shade? I know it was hot when we went in Aug in the 70's and early 80's, but I don't remember -- guess that was your point hu?

I post from my phone so I can't quote...sorry.

I was just being funny. It's hot but doable in August. A good plan is to hit the parks in the morning, head back to the resort in the afternoon (when the sun is high and it's the hottest out) and swim or just relax in AC. Then in the evening head back out to the parks. Alot of us use cooling devices like misting fans or cooling cloths.

I was just being funny. It's hot but doable in August. A good plan is to hit the parks in the morning, head back to the resort in the afternoon (when the sun is high and it's the hottest out) and swim or just relax in AC. Then in the evening head back out to the parks. Alot of us use cooling devices like misting fans or cooling cloths.

THIS!

Make it to rope drop and by lunch time you've seen many of the attractions and you can head back to the resort. I prefer to nap (I'm old :rotfl:) My kids want to swim. We head back to a park around dinner time. We try to get to the parks that have the EMH's. Many say to avoid it but it worked out well for us.

I'm going to invest in some of the Frogg Toggs, the cooling fan didnt seem to work as much for us.

Sweet Tarnations Are we doin this again!?!?:cheer2::cheer2: Well, I better get my pom-poms shined up again!! Sure, why not- I'll go in August again but Im really hoping for a FD week this time. Good to see some of my good buddies again on here:wave2:

WOW, a whole year of Dysfunctional Family Fridays!! Cant wait!:rotfl:

Good to have ya back!!!! I'm looking forward to our support group meetings :lmao:

SenecaWolf said:
Good to have ya back!!!! I'm looking forward to our support group meetings :lmao:

:) I call you guys my therapy group!
Btw, a friend emailed that she bought into DVC and will rent me points. I can either go with my originally booked free dining bb at POR or rent her points for a treehouse villa or AKL studio. Argh, I love food but really want to stay at a deluxe! How do I choose??

:) i call you guys my therapy group!
Btw, a friend emailed that she bought into dvc and will rent me points. I can either go with my originally booked free dining bb at por or rent her points for a treehouse villa or akl studio. Argh, i love food but really want to stay at a deluxe! How do i choose??

Sent from my ipad using disboards

Go deluxe!!!!!!!

:) I call you guys my therapy group!
Btw, a friend emailed that she bought into DVC and will rent me points. I can either go with my originally booked free dining bb at POR or rent her points for a treehouse villa or AKL studio. Argh, I love food but really want to stay at a deluxe! How do I choose??

A treehouse villa is my dreeeeammmmmmmm!! I would have to go for it.

My DH and I were just having the whole moderate/deluxe conversation. We were talking about swapping POR for the Poly. Or if we stay moderate, Fort Wilderness Cabins, just because the boys have been asking to stay there and I think they would love it...I have a feeling this is going to be an undecided topic for a while!!

Thinking AoA for the three nights we go in Dec 2013...

beachmama3 said:
A treehouse villa is my dreeeeammmmmmmm!! I would have to go for it.

My DH and I were just having the whole moderate/deluxe conversation. We were talking about swapping POR for the Poly. Or if we stay moderate, Fort Wilderness Cabins, just because the boys have been asking to stay there and I think they would love it...I have a feeling this is going to be an undecided topic for a while!!

Thinking AoA for the three nights we go in Dec 2013...

It's a studio, so not sure, but they look awesome. But what about free dining? I mean, I always look at menu prices and ALWAYS order the cheapest, except n the dining plan. That's when I can order what I want. It was heaven!
Ooh, poly would be awesome! And having the monorail would be so nice! the cabins looked nice too though! Good thing we have a year!

Well, lookie who's here!!! I thought you said goodbye to us?? I'm glad you are here with us, though! There's a lot of us repeaters. So, you didn't book bounceback? Wow....those who did are guaranteed Free Dining as long as it's after 8/18!!! Anyways, glad to have our cheerleader here!!! :cheer2:

and yes, I ALREADY started my PTR.....Yes, I am obsessed....but at least I'm in good company!

Believe me I feel like an idiot wrapped in a moron!!:rolleyes1 I for some reason thought you had to have an actual BB notice in your room. Didnt know you could call into CRO and get the same special...:sad2: So, we'll see what happens. I usually end up getting some kind of discount so I'll just wait and see.:3dglasses

I need to get to reading your TR!!!:coffee:

I will join in.
We booked Bb I may upgrade to A moderate if we decided to do the RDP instead of the QSDP.. Just not sure. I want to commit to ad's for 14 nights.

8/18 to 9/1 at pop

I will join in.
We booked Bb I may upgrade to A moderate if we decided to do the RDP instead of the QSDP.. Just not sure. I want to commit to ad's for 14 nights.

8/18 to 9/1 at pop

Welcome to the party Kelly!!! If only you lived closer to Augusta because we could plan together in person!!! :cool1:

KELLY said:
I will join in.

8/18 to 9/1 at pop

I started at POP, had upgraded to DDP and then realized that for just a little more was able to upgrade to CBR!

We also don't want to be tied to ADR's for 12 nights so we're going to be eating at CRT, le cellier and a few other signature places to use some credits.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

Well, I am going to tentatively park my tushie in this thread. :)

I'm currently planning on an August 2014 trip, but have recently started working (albeit part time) and am hoping to save up to go even for a short trip. DBF's 40th birthday is in February so although that will put a dent in my savings, I figure I could recoup it after in 5-6 months. ;) Also, my air miles will expire in Dec '13 if I don't use it so that's a motivating factor to try and get a trip in.

Nothing concrete at all but am aiming for last week in August, any time between 8/24-9/2. Looking at either POP, AOA or POFQ. More than likely it will just be me and the girls. :love:

Anyone booking through a travel agent? We are wondering if the discount through triple A is better than a regular travel agent. Hesitating on calling a friend who's a travel agent, have her work out the whole trip and then having to say "thanks, but we got a better price elsewhere" I guess that's just the way it is though.

Can someone please private msg me and let me know how to quote ppl? I would greatly appreciate that.

Rereading the posts and finding out where everyone is staying - now that I have my list of resorts as a cheat sheet.

This evening I bought 2 disney princess water bottles for .49 cents each at the Walgreens...put then away for the trip. I am so cheap.

OK, would no one please private message me and point out the fact that I am too blind to see the "quote" button at the bottom of every single post. :blush: :blush: I would greatly appreciate that... :blush:

Anyone booking through a travel agent? We are wondering if the discount through triple A is better than a regular travel agent. Hesitating on calling a friend who's a travel agent, have her work out the whole trip and then having to say "thanks, but we got a better price elsewhere" I guess that's just the way it is though.

Can someone please private msg me and let me know how to quote ppl? I would greatly appreciate that.

Rereading the posts and finding out where everyone is staying - now that I have my list of resorts as a cheat sheet.

This evening I bought 2 disney princess water bottles for .49 cents each at the Walgreens...put then away for the trip. I am so cheap.

Hey nothing wrong with finding bargains! :thumbsup2

As far as quoting, assuming you are using a regular computer, if you look at the bottom right corner of the post you wish to quote, there is a button that says "Quote". If you click that then you will be taken to a page where that persons post is quoted and you can add your own comment.

To multi-quote you use the little button with the quotation marks (") on it on each post you wish to quote and then click reply and they will all be added.

As far as a TA, I personally would call Disney and book myself. I have a hard time not having control over my reservation and don't want to have to use someone as a go-between. I make to many changes, change ADR's and the such so I would probably drive a TA insane! :rotfl2:

If you read thru these boards you can get an idea of when free dining has been offered historically, etc... so you know when to watch for discounts.

Count me in!! We're planning to go in late August, but haven't nailed down dates yet. Probably somewhere around the 20-28. DH and I are debating the resort -- I vote for a longer trip and staying at POFQ (we loved it there last time), he would prefer a shorter trip and staying at the Contemporary.

I think I'll win though!! :thumbsup2

It will be nice to have people to virtually plan with - DH is already giving me the old :rolleyes2 when I bring it up. He just doesn't enjoy the planning part like I do!

We're "bouncing" back to Pop...August 19-29th!!!!! Upgraded to DDP from QS, counting down to Feb 20th for ADRs. 2012 was the first year that we actually arrived in MCO the day before our WDW package began. Booked off-site for $40, $14 for car rental, and was able to spend the ENTIRE first day at MK, from rope drop to closing:banana:. This will absolutely be our yearly plan from now on. Picked up Park tix and Photopass+ at DTD the night of arrival, so no wasted time our first morning.

I love arriving the night before too. We're able to go to work all day and then head to the airport after work. Although we just book in at Pop to get the extra day of free dining. I figure the extra $100 or whatever is worth it for the extra credits for all of us!

Whee, just upgraded to CBR from POP!!! :cheer2:

I loved POP when I was there but for the long trip we're taking I would much rather have the nicer pool, hot tub etc... I gave up a day but I was already going to do that. I need to give my kids some recuperation time before they start school. The way it was we would have gotten home on a Sunday and they would start on Monday. :scared1:

Anyways...the whole thing only cost $180.48 to upgrade. Couldnt beat that!!

And so the resort switching begins!!

THIS!

Make it to rope drop and by lunch time you've seen many of the attractions and you can head back to the resort. I prefer to nap (I'm old :rotfl:) My kids want to swim. We head back to a park around dinner time. We try to get to the parks that have the EMH's. Many say to avoid it but it worked out well for us.

I'm going to invest in some of the Frogg Toggs, the cooling fan didnt seem to work as much for us.

I love love loved our cooling cloths. I honestly didn't think much of it and turned my nose up a bit. but it really was absolutely worth it. Highly recommended!!

man oh man...even though I'm not planning an Aug trip...I doubt i can resist hanging out here from time to time and living vicariously through all of you!

Glad to see that much of the old gang is back together again planning out their next August trips :goodvibes. Unfortunately we won't be joining your group for next year. We all decided to go a different route and do DLR in June...this will be the first time for everyone and we are all beyond excited about it (we wanted to wait until the FLE is completed before heading back to WDW again). Hope you all have magical and safe journeys and most of all have fun planning your trips out, I loved being apart of this thread :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter