• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zucchini Recipes

aprilvaca04

<font color=purple>Baby Alive scares me!<br><font
So what is everyones favorite way to cook zucchini? My DD just discovered she liked it so I want to find as many ways to prepare it to keep her interest in it. I'm not much of a cook so I'd appreciate anyones ideas/recipes. Thanks.

My father brought over 10 zucchini's from his garden. I made fried zucchini tonight for dinner.

I might make some zucchini bread and muffins.

Thats about all I know of.

I love to slice it, coat it with Italian Dressing and put on the grill. Cook both sides until it is tender (about 5-10 minutes). Serve with parmesean cheese sprinkled on top. You can also coat it with olive oil. Sometimes I sprinkle seasonings on it and sometimes I don't.

When I can't grill, I slice it and saute it with butter, garlic pepper and garlic powder.

I love zucchini also.

So what is everyones favorite way to cook zucchini? My DD just discovered she liked it so I want to find as many ways to prepare it to keep her interest in it. I'm not much of a cook so I'd appreciate anyones ideas/recipes. Thanks.

I was just drooling today as we passed a farm stand and saw zucchini season started... I LOVE ZUCCHINI BREAD!!! I can never make and freeze enough of it to last... this year I have a food processor so I am going to make a year's worth!!!
BOB

I chop the zucchini into 1/2" slices and cook them in a skillet with one chopped onion, and a can of small Italian flavored tomatos. I add garlic and oregeno, salt and pepper. I don't really have a recipe for it, I just throw it all together!

I invented my own recipe...zucchini pasta. I cube the zucchini, and an onion, and saute in a fair amount of olive oil. I season with garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. I toss with cooked penne or bow-tie pasta, and feta cheese. It is SO good!!!

My mom made a nice stuffed zucchini tonight. She used sausage and breadcrumbs and some red peppers. It was really good!

i julianne zuchinni and summer squash, and a little red onion and saute in olive oil.

Then i use this mix in many ways

...on pasta with a little parm cheese.
.... in a frittata or quiche
....as a filling for an omlets with sharp chedder

We just picked 10 from our yard!
I found a zucchini bread rec using cake mix! (and I have quite a bit of that in my stash)
1 Box cake mix (spice, carrott, or choc but any kind will do),
3 beaten eggs and 2 cups grated zucchini (don't drain]
Mix all together to moisten and beat 3-4 minutes to blend, if dry add 1/2 cup applesauce.
Bake 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
Test for doneness with wooden pick .
Use two greased loaf pans.
This sounds really easy and I think it will freeze well.
Enjoy natures bounty! Grammy

Here are two of my families favorites. My mom makes the casserole in foil pans and freezes it. I like to make lots of muffins and bread and freeze them too. I have sent the choc. muffins to school as a treat and the kids loved them.

Zucchini Casserole

3 lbs zucchini slices with skin
2 can cream of chicken soup
1 pt sour cream
1 small jar pimentos (may be omited)
2 large carrots sliced thin
1 onion chopped
8 oz herb stuffing mix(14 oz)
2 stick margarine
salt and pepper to taste

Cook zucchini, carrots and onions in water until tender and drain. Mix with soup, sour cream and pimento. Melt margarine and add to stuffing. In a 4 qt. casserole alternately layer vegetables and stuffing, ending with stuffing.
Bake at 350º for 30 minutes.

Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 c. sugar
1 T. vanilla
2 c. grated zucchini
3 c. flour
1 t. salt
1 t. soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
2 t. nutmeg
1 c. nuts or raisins

Beat eggs until fluffy. Add sugar, zucchini vanilla and oil. Add dry ingredients. Bake in greased loaf pans or muffin pans, 350º
(1 hour for loafs , 20 minutes or until testing done with muffins.)

For chocolate bread, substitute 1/2 cup of cocoa for 1/2 cup of the flour and do not add nutmeg. I don’t add the raisins or nuts either , just choc. chips, lots of chocolate chips :).

Zucchini bread... There are many variations. I use the one from my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.

Grilled zucchini... Slice thin. Place on grilling pan or foil. Sprinkle on garlic powder, seasoned salt, and some olive oil. Grill until done.

Fried zucchini.. Mix together about 1c. flour, seasoned salt, salt, and pepper to taste. Add in water a little at a time. You want a batter similar to pancake mix. You want it thick.

Zucchini fritters... Made just like potato pancakes, I'll have to look up the recipe.

Zucchini lasagna.. Slice your zucchini thin. Layer in your pan just like lasagna. Bake about an hour or until bubbly. It can get watery, so go easy on the sauce.

Lemon poppyseed zucchini bread.. I need to look this one up.

I use zuchinni in place of pasta. I have a julienne peeler from Pampered Chef but you could just slice it long and thin if you don't have one of those. I sautee it in a fry pan with some olive oil, garlic and a touch of salt. Then I eat it like spaghetti with sauce on top.

I also slice it long and thin and make lasagna with it instead of using pasta.

I sautee it with onions and sometimes mushrooms then add eggs to it. When that cooks through I add a little shredded cheese on top.

I like to cut it in strips, put a table spoon of olive oil in a pan, and fry it with soy sauce. When finished I sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. YUM!

I don't have any recipes to add, but Zucchini is the ingredient tonight on Iron Chef on Food Network. There might be some new ideas there.

I have a great recipe. It is fattening but absolutely delicious. Keep in mind you are not eating the whole thing and there are ways to change it, but it will change the taste.

2 zucchini sliced thinly
1 onion chopped
1 cup oil
1 cup Bisquick
1/2 grated parmasian(sp?) cheese
5 eggs

Spray a casserole pan with non stick spray.Mix all ingredients together and put them in the pan. Cook at about 350 degrees until top is brown and bubbly. Enjoy.

Lisa

We have been chopping up some garlic and sauteeing the zuchinni and garlic in a little bit of olive oil until tender. Then mix in a little parmesan and shredded mozzarella cheese. I saw this recipe somewhere and tried it and now it's our favorite way to fix it. Also, we sometimes mix in the yellow crookneck squash with the zuchinni.

I chop the zucchini, marinate it in soy sauce, salt and pepper,garlic and olive oil. I BBQ it in a foil packet and serve it with rice and whatever else is cooking on the BBQ...(the bonus is that it is dishless!)

I have 2 that are soooooo good!

MEXICAN ZUCCHINI & CORN
Combine Diced zuccini, chopped onions, diced tomatoes and corn in casserole dish. Add chili powder and pepper, stir. Bake at 350 til bubbly. Take out and add a layer of Velveeta cheese on top, put back inoven til it melts. YUM

LAYERED ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE
In a casserole dish, Layer:
Sliced zucchini, sliced onion, sliced tomato, sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper, add sliced velveeta. Repeat layers as many times as you want. On the last layer after the cheese, sprinkle breadcrumbs on top. Bake at 350 til bubbly. MY FAVORITE summer dish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter