zeppy 68 ian's wish trip

I love hearing all about your trip- I can picture it all in my head! I am so glad you got into Chef Mickey's! I wondered if they would find space for families on wish trips. I am so glad they did- especially since most wish trips aren't planned way ahead of time and a lot of the ADRs are already taken up! That is a good thing for all wish families to know!

One thing we found and a tip to future wish trippers. In the meeting on Sunday they told us that the button wasnt good for charctaer meet and greets or handicapped parking. They told us unless you had a handicapped sticker you need to park with the general public. All the times we parked we followed this rule but they did tell us to follow the blue line. I would tell them at the booth if you dont have handicapped sticker do you follow the blue line still. YOu may end up in a preffered lot. we didnt find this out til universal when I told the attendent I didnt have a sticker he said he didnt matter he was putting us in preffered.

Could of saved time oh well hopefully this will help others.

Monday

Well we woke up early as we always do. We headed over to the gingerbread house for a continental breakfeast because we wanted to go to magic kingdom as early as possible.

After breakfeast we went over and got some milkshakes then went to the character meet and greets they had. This is so woderful they actually come from the disney parks.

Then we headed over to magic kingdom and took adventure of getting many photopass pictures on our way down main street. we decided to start day off in tommorowland where the first thing we did was go to the buzz light year ride. How excited we were and the boys enjoyed the ride. Jt outscored everybody and I used to be the 80's video game genius for all you atari and intellevision buffs out there. Now I'm dating myself.

After buzz light year I sent laura and jt on space mountain as ian I rode the mover as he isnt big enough for space. Well as we were on the mover we noticed space mountain was lit up because it broke down and they were taking people off the ride. Jt and Laura were the next ones to board. This scared jt and unfortunaltely Laura never did get to ride her favorite ride.
We did a couple other rides before we headed over to Cp for lunch.
This was fun as we all got to take photos and play with charcters. I will try to get some photos up this weekend. Ian wanted to know where rabbit was since he knows the whole pooh gang. They also had fun marching around the restraunt. I have to keep my boys busy because ian doesnt stop.

After lunch we made our way to adventure land. when we approached the cm at Jungle Cruise she took Ian and said come with and walked him up to two boats and asked him to chose one. This was definetly another magic moment because of the kindness of the cm.
This ride could be fun depending on the captian and she was wonderful.
She even let jt and ian drive the boat. This made their day. After the ride
I guess she was going on break, she pulled ian aside and talked to him for few minutes. Which Ian loves all pretty girls.

:)

We made our way through adventland and frontierland and on to Splash mountain and big thunder railroad. Ian is 40 iches exactly and it takes a lot to get him to stand up straight that was a battle. Laura was so nervous about the height I think she wasnt going to let him go. I promised I would on to him so off we went on to splash mountain. He laughed all the way down the hill.
Big thunder railroad was another story she balked at that one and I think the cm wasnt sure whether to let him go. So jt and I hit the rails.
Then we made our way to the wish lounge. Make sure you look at the parade schedule because we did stuck trying to get there. What a great place you can get a bottled water and just relax. The nice cm there was able to back our dinner reservations up by an hour since the day seemed so rushed.

After the wish land we hit the princess tent. This is the place ian wanted more then anything. We got in there was 2 princess belle and sleeping beauty. well belle started kising and left lipstick marks all over, He was red and blushing. I think she made his trip.
Well we enjoyed the rest of our day and finished up and went to dinner at whispering canyon cafe. Which the boys rode wooden horses through the restraunt and had a good time. If you like noisy restraunts that the kids will like then this is your place. Make sure you ask for ketchup you will get a special treat.[/SIZE]

Great update!!! :) It sounds like you guys had such a good time!!! We're leaving the day after tomorrow! :scared1:

One thing we found and a tip to future wish trippers. In the meeting on Sunday they told us that the button wasnt good for charctaer meet and greets or handicapped parking. They told us unless you had a handicapped sticker you need to park with the general public. All the times we parked we followed this rule but they did tell us to follow the blue line. I would tell them at the booth if you dont have handicapped sticker do you follow the blue line still. YOu may end up in a preffered lot. we didnt find this out til universal when I told the attendent I didnt have a sticker he said he didnt matter he was putting us in preffered.

Could of saved time oh well hopefully this will help others.

We were told the same thing at the orientation and discovered the same thing- they told us to follow the blue line also. We were told the same thing about the character meet and greets- I was so hesitant to "ask" for anything. So I would usually go up to a CM with Nathan next to me ( like you did at Chef Mickey's) to ask them some question ( like, " How long are the characters going to be here?") Every single time they told me, " Oh, you don't have to wait in line with that pass." In fact, several told me, " Make sure you just walk up and show that pass and don't wait in line." Actually, the only time we had to wait in line to see a character was with the Princesses- and it was a short line. They said if it was longer they would have bypassed the line for us. The funny thing is, my boys really didn't want to see the Princesses- I insisted- and it was the one time they had to wait!

We were told the same thing at the orientation and discovered the same thing- they told us to follow the blue line also. We were told the same thing about the character meet and greets- I was so hesitant to "ask" for anything. So I would usually go up to a CM with Nathan next to me ( like you did at Chef Mickey's) to ask them some question ( like, " How long are the characters going to be here?") Every single time they told me, " Oh, you don't have to wait in line with that pass." In fact, several told me, " Make sure you just walk up and show that pass and don't wait in line." Actually, the only time we had to wait in line to see a character was with the Princesses- and it was a short line. They said if it was longer they would have bypassed the line for us. The funny thing is, my boys really didn't want to see the Princesses- I insisted- and it was the one time they had to wait!

we went to the princess the first day and they told us to go towards exit and wait we waited about ten minues then I walked up found another cm and they told me it would only be a couple minutes.
Day 2 at mk we decide to go again ian loves princess. so we saw the faires first no wait a very nice cm took us right back. when we finished he told us to find him but we were unable to find him. So we asked cm she told us to go back and wait we waited about 15 minutes but just gave up. Didn" want to be pushy

I'm loving your report!!! I hope you can get some pictures up soon!!
It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!! I love Chef Mickey's so I'm glad you got in there!!! You don't go for the food though!

And, I'm glad you liked Whispering Canyon! I think it's great fun.

I need to see pictures of Ian's lipsticked face! You do have pictres of that, right??

great update, keep em coming i love to read about everyones trip, it makes me feel like i am right there with you

Enjoying your report so far, cant wait to see the photo's of Ian and JT with all the Princesses

Picture095.jpg

After dinner the first night we ended up going back to the park but it was chilly night. We rode a few more rides before calling it a night. Ian really wanted to see fireworks. After asking around I found out the best viewing spot was by the boat dock a car transport area. we got there about 8:45 and decided to take shot to see if we coud see fireworks from our car the boys were so tired we got ian in the car at 8:54 and he was asleep as soon as his head hit the seat. Unfortunately we missed the fireworks.

The second day of our trip we ended going back to magic kingdom. This was a change of plans because we didnt get through the whole park and the village changed the christmas party to tuesday. This week because of thangsgiving being on thursday.

We started in fantasyland and got to ride all the rides. Ian loved the Snow white ride. ( I love those travel books that say it is to scary) He would of went on this ride all day if we would of let him. We did end up doing it again after lunch. He still wants to go back and ride this ride again. We did spend a lot of time going to see all the characters as ian loves giving everybody hugs.
I love riding rides to so I was in my glory. When we went on barnstormer we were at the exit and the guy said to ian I have a question for you.
Do you want to ride one or two times. Ian goes two so we got to go back to back which was really nice. We stayed at Magic Kingdom until around 5:30 because we wanted to back for the christmas party.

When we got back to the village we had dinner then we went over to the christmas party. They have so much to choose for the kids. Ian chose a light bright set. I remeber that from when I was a kid back in the 70's.
Jt Chose an eagles football as we are very passionate about our football.
There wasnt much else going on a little parade and at the end a bunch of dancing but by then the boys had enough.

Got them back to the house and gave them their baths as they got ready bed they came in the room to sit down and watch tv for a few minutes. It was all ready :-)00 past their bed time but that didnt matter.

Now Laura has hard time keeping secrets and everytime she speaks up I had to change topics but there was a knock door. I grabbed my camera and told ian and JT to answer the door.

Mayor clayton was at the door. He came for their tuck in. He was to funny.
Ian grabbed his hand and showed him to the room the boys were so excited again. After about 5 minutes of trying to put ian to bed. he got him all tuck in. Ian wanted him to read a book but as you know the charcters dont read.:)
Then he went over to jt. well he messed covers upp and began jumping on the bed to funny well after a couple minutes he just about finish putting jt to bed then he looks and their ian standing next to him. You put me to bed now.
ian told him. He tucked ian in again and he finally way out.
right after I shut the door the phone rang from the mayors office wondering if he was still their. I guess he spent to much time but what fun the tuck in was. Make sure you plan this if you are going with little ones. we did it on the christmas party night because we knew that we would be back at the village.

I love hearing about the tuck-in! It sounds so fun- I wish Nathan had wanted to do that- but I guess he's probably a bit too old.

I can't wait to read more!

Carol

Hi,
Looking forward to hearing more of your trip.
I hope everything is ok as you have not posted for a while, though it has just been Christmas so I suppose you have an excuse. :) :)

Mandy

Sorry I dissaperead for while we have been so busy.

Ian just got a stable mri and we are good for 3 more months.

I willl be continueing my trip report hopefully this week.

Between my health and worrying about ian we have been a very buisy family.

Ian still talks about the princesses everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter