zeppy 68 ian's wish trip

zeppy68

Mouseketeer
After reading all these great trip reports. We are ready to start are
Journey. hello all

Ian is are wish child. He is three years old and has an optic nerve tumor.
which was diagnosed almost two years ago. We have spent the past year
and half going through treatment at childrens Hospital.
Ian has big heart and it tears me apart seeing him and any children that are
in similiar positions.
Ian is always saying hello to everyone and always hugs all the nurses. When we were told he would qualify for maw. We asked him and he said
"Me go to Mickey Mouse" So every day we sit home and wait for the magic
to happen.
Then there his brother Jt Who is 6 and takes care of his brother like no other.
When are make a wish granters Doug and carolyn came over to visit ian.
What blast ian had. Ian said me go to mickey mouse and see boom booms
his word for fireworks. Well a couple weeks later we were apporved here we come disney

Well we are confirmed got a letter from make a wish and confirmed.
We will be staying at gktw on nov 23. We also have some reservations
for charcter meals. the first day we will be eating at cyrstal palace. Ian loves winnie
the pooh and gang and this should be a great surprize for him.

Everday he keeps asking when we are going. The little guy has been through
so much and to see him so excited tickles my heart.

Here we come disney world time to start adding more plans.

After making several calls I was able to secure reservations for cape may
breakfeast. This will probaly be ians favorite place.

He has a book of mickey mouse going to the beach with the whole gang
and to see them in their suits I think will make his day unfortunatley I dont think Mickey mouse is at this character breakfeast.

Ian just had a visit with the eye dr and he is going to need some surgery.
his eyes wonder lot and at first they thought it was being cause by the vincristine but things still havent got a better so next couple months will be busy We dont have our mri scan until middle december so we will get some down time for him to enjoy his trip.

With the wish trips I have been hearing there are pre parties before you depart. Is this done by the local wish organizations? We are a little over a month way and we havent heard any news.
But reading all the trip reports I guess wonder when thigs will start to happen.

Yea- I finally found your trip report ( I read that you had one over on bex271's report). You are going to get there the day after we leave. Our trip overlaps a little bit with becca's and when you said you were going to be there the same time as becca, I had hoped we would be there the same time also. You are actually going the time we wanted to go ( so our kids wouldn't miss as much school) but our wish chapter said they couldn't do it over a holiday because it would be too expensive. The only thing that would have been a different price would have been plane tickets-oh well!

I think the pre-departure party varies by wish chapters. I think some do one and some don't. We haven't heard about one for us so I'm not holding my breath. Some get limo rides to the airport and some don't. I know we don't- I wish we did because my kids would absolutle love that but we live 90 miles from the airport so that wouldn't work anyway.

I can't wait to hear more of your plans.

Carol

Hey! You should put a link to your pre-trip report in your signature to make it easier to find!

I'm on board for your pre-trip report and can't wait to hear all about your trip!

I was going to post the same thing abuot the link on the the other TR Heather!

Yea- I finally found your trip report ( I read that you had one over on bex271's report). You are going to get there the day after we leave. Our trip overlaps a little bit with becca's and when you said you were going to be there the same time as becca, I had hoped we would be there the same time also. You are actually going the time we wanted to go ( so our kids wouldn't miss as much school) but our wish chapter said they couldn't do it over a holiday because it would be too expensive. The only thing that would have been a different price would have been plane tickets-oh well!

I think the pre-departure party varies by wish chapters. I think some do one and some don't. We haven't heard about one for us so I'm not holding my breath. Some get limo rides to the airport and some don't. I know we don't- I wish we did because my kids would absolutle love that but we live 90 miles from the airport so that wouldn't work anyway.

I can't wait to hear more of your plans.

Carol

Yes I know we have limo that will pick us up aroung 6 for 9:00 am flight.
But I havent heard any other details. I guess we are getting excited
and want everthing to come together.

Joe

Well I fianlly have a basic interary

Arrive sunday and enjoy gktw. Ian cant wait to ride the merry go around.
He calls it the up down ride.

Monday -magic kingdom and cyrstal palace for lunch
Tues animal kingdom epcot for fireworks
Wed hs and maybe back to mk
Thurs sea world and thanksgiving back to gktw for christmas party
Breakfeast at cape may early in the morning
I hope they still have it due to the holiday.

friday Universal studios
Ian Loves the beach and he sleeps with his beach book of mickey mouse at the beach.
Ian also loves fireworks and we would like to fit in all three shows but due
to him getting tired easy I dont know if we will

What everyone suggest if you had choose 2 what would they be??

Fantasmic?? wishes??
epcot???
This trip is about him I been trying to plan everything he would enjoy.

DEFINITELY do Wishes! It is fantastic! I don't care for Fantasmic at all.

teresa thanks for the opion ian Loves anything to do with fireworks.
When the wish granters asked him he said he had to se boom booms.

I do once while take him to you tube and put wishes on so he can see fireworks.

Ian went out today as elmo and his halloween is great I'm so glad this year he was able to enjoy it. Ian is a little charmer and always tries to put a smile:goodvibes on everyone face.

Tommorw is the 1st November and the countdown really begins.
I fee like I dont have enough plans compared to some of these wonderful
trip reports. Still trying everyday to get chef mickey but no luck. Plus I dont know how much Ian is going to be able to handle. He still gets tired easy.
The button souinds like a wonderful thing and should help ease the lines.
Does anyone know do we also need a gac on top of the button or do they
work the same
The past few weeks he has really been into princes and princesses beside doing a charcter meal will you see these characters anywhere in the parks?

He's all ready decide next hallowen he wants to be a prince.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1958228

I'm so glad I found your Trip Report!! :) Your trip is coming up soon!!!! :) :banana: I'm sure Ian was super cute as Elmo. Do you have any pictures? We'd love to see some. You can always upload them at photobucket.com after you get an account there, and then copy the IMG link and paste it on here and voila, pictures (it took me a while and several tries on the test board before I figured it out :rotfl: ). I look forward to hearing all about your adventures!!! :)

ian everyday now talks about his trip non stop. This morning at school somebody had mickey bag that they were dropping thier sleeping off inn and a course ian saw it and said me going to mickey mouse.
This trip will be so good for him.

He keeps telling me he wants to eat with the boys. I'm asuming it means aladdin and the prince but I dont think their are any charcter meals with them.
He also loves sleeping beauty and beaty in the beast. As soon as he wakes
up that is the first thing he asks to put on the tv.

A little more about ian besides the optic nerve tumor ian has so may food allergies that we need to also be careful with where and what we eat. The main one is peanuts and we avoid any place that cooks in peanut. He also allergies to wheat egg soy beef and milk. This makes it so tough since he likes to eat everything in sight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter