Yup.....we really ARE going.......and SOON! - Matty's Wish Trip December 12-18, 2009

Phew! Don't you just love busy holiday weekends!? We saw the Nutcracker today here, Tessa's first theatre experience and she was captivated! I can't believe she made it through two hours! How fun for your daughter to be in it. Tessa said she wants to be too, and I told her to listen to her ballet teacher and work really hard. ;)
I love that your parents were there for the presentation. It's fun to share that with them, without having to try and explain on the phone. Can't wait for 4am, 4 days from now!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets get ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEE! Its officially 3 days weeeeeeeee! I cannot believe its here!:cheer2:

Im sooooooo not ready but never fear walmart is near is what I keep saying lol!:scared1:

Have you guys made the rental car arrangements for the extended part of your trip yet? We haven't heard from our office as to how they want us to handle it. I'm wondering if they get a corporate rate or if I should shop around on my own. Any info you can share on that?

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets get ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEE! Its officially 3 days weeeeeeeee! I cannot believe its here!:cheer2:

Im sooooooo not ready but never fear walmart is near is what I keep saying lol!:scared1:

LOL! At the underdog reference, Chrissi!! :rotfl2:

So cool that you all are going to be there at the same time..I hope you can meet up at some point!

Have you guys made the rental car arrangements for the extended part of your trip yet? We haven't heard from our office as to how they want us to handle it. I'm wondering if they get a corporate rate or if I should shop around on my own. Any info you can share on that?

Hi Melissa.........our MAW office gave me the confirmation number for our rental and suggested I call the rental company directly and ask to just extend the rental for two days. We did that without a problem. How they are going to split the fee (i.e whether we pay for the final two days when we drop it off, or whether they charge MAW for the whole thing and we just reimburse them) is beyond me. I figured no reason to get into it now as we can just sort it out later. I just wanted to make sure we were all set for the car.

Pamela:santa:

52 hours and 29 minutes!!!!!!!! (can you tell I'm excited:laughing:)

And the serious preparation begins..........

The luggage is downstairs in the dining room, open and prepared for packing. Most clothes are piled up in Brennan's room upstairs to be transfered tonight. Lists will be made of all the things I still need as I pack so I can run around the house frantically trying to find said items (like shoes:sad2:) or take a last minute trip to Target tomorrow night (more likely). I absolutely positively REFUSE REFUSE REFUSE to be packing at 3 am Thursday morning (that would be the typical 'Pamela' and this is not the typical trip). I vow to turn over a new leaf!! (hold me to that ok?????)

The kids opened a couple of new boxes tonight. One contained really cute Mickey/Minnie t-shirts for each of them (and dh and I!!) and the other was just for Matty. It had a gingerbread man ornament in it, the classic storybook "The Gingerbread Man" (you know "run, run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man") and the Gingerbread Man costume!!!!!!! It fits perfectly!! OMG it was hilarious:rotfl2: Dh and I were hysterical! And he LOVED it!!! His face lit up like a light bulb. We got a great picture but our camera battery died shortly thereafter so I can't share until tomorrow. But, trust me, it is tooooo funny! To anyone lurking.......you just gotta come back. I promise you won't be disappointed:)

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

52 hours and 29 minutes!!!!!!!! (can you tell I'm excited:laughing:)

The luggage is downstairs in the dining room, open and prepared for packing. I have most clothes piled up in Brennan's room upstairs so I will transfer those piles tonight. I'll then make a list of all the things I still need as I pack so I can run around the house frantically trying to find those things (like shoes:sad2:) or take a trip to Target tomorrow night (more likely). I absolutely REFUSE to be packing at 3 am Thursday morning (that's the typical 'Pamela'). I am turning over a new leaf!!

The kids opened a couple of new boxes tonight. One contained Mickey t-shirts for each of them and the other was just for Matty. It had a gingerbread man ornament in it, the classic storybook "The Gingerbread Man" (you know "run, run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man") and the Gingerbread Man costume!!!!!!! OMG it was hilarious:rotfl2: Dh and I were hysterical! And he LOVED it!!! His face lit up like a light bulb. We got a great picture but our camera battery died shortly thereafter so I can't share until tomorrow. But, trust me, it is tooooo funny! To anyone lurking.......you just gotta come back. I promise you won't be disappointed:)

We're all just as excited for you as you are! You're doing so well getting everything done..I'm a last minute packer too, so I know exactly what you mean. I can't wait to see the pics of Matty opening his costume and book!! :banana::banana: Your trip is going to be so awesome!!

Awww! Get that battery charged I cant wait to see the pics of Matty with his gingerbread man costume. Good job getting the suitcase open now if only the clothes would just magically arrange themselves in it. :rotfl:

hey? Anyone know if you can modify the title of your thread and if so, how? That's me......clueless as usual:confused3

Pamela:santa: (still a smiling Santa though!)

ETA: Nevermind, figured it out (in case you hadn't noticed)

Being in a later time zone than you, I promise to kick you in the butt if you're up too late the night before. ;) (I ALWAYS end up doing the same thing, btw)...

For our September trip, I did not go to bed the night before our trip, but for Tyler's Wish trip I was in bed by 9:30 PM. You need your rest! :hug:

I can't wait to see Matty in his gingerbread costume! I bet he is too cute! :santa:

ok.....so sorry it took me so long but didn't even get around to trying to upload these photos until after 11 pm and dh and I are both alittle slow with this kinda stuff:sad2: We figured it out though:yay:

So here's my little buddy with his new loot.......................

"hey, look at my ornament"

100_1963.jpg

"hey, look at my book"

100_1964.jpg

"is it Halloween again already???"

100_1965.jpg

"oops......can't see"

100_1966.jpg

"ahhhhhh, that's better - what'dya think???"

100_1967.jpg

I could just eat him up!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl2: I just love the costume! Matty is just to cute :goodvibes I so hope you can get pics of him with the gingerbread men those would be awesome keepsakes!

OMG I cannot wait to see him.... and how special am I to get to see the cutest gingerbread man in person...what??? lol. Ok why am I on here at 1am??? ughhh somebody kick me. We gots packin to do girl!!! 28 hours till our limo arrives OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1::scared1:

He is waaaaaaaaaay too cute in that gingerbread man costume!! I can't wait to see the pics when you get back and you haven't even left yet!! Less than 24 hrs..hooray!!

Matty is so cute in his gingerbread costume! I love it! His ornament is also too cute! You leave in just a few days! You will have so much fun! :santa:

YIKES..........17 hours!!!! What am I doin' on this silly computer:eek:

Kids are home from school. SNOW DAY!!!!! Just what I needed...distractions!!!! I'm usually very limiting when it comes to tv and computer time but today I'm saying "have at it!!" (keep 'em outta my hair).

Quick update: I called GKTW yesterday as someone here had suggested awhile back and told them about Matty's Gingerbread Man wish and asked about the GMan at their Christmas Party tomorrow (OMG, did I just say TOMORROW????:scared1:) night. I hoped that they might arrange something alittle extra. Well, got a big ol YES from "Mary" in Entertainment. I "think" she's trying to have him parading down the avenue with them as they arrive (and the Disney characters will be there too tomorrow night)!!!!! Even if he just gets alittle extra face time with the GMan that'd be special. You guys have been great with all these suggestions and encouragement. If I hadn't found this board while the trip would still have been great, it would've been nothing compared to what it will be now. Thanx guys....all of you:flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: (hope that's enough flowers to go around).

Gotta go pack......or somethin'!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter