Yup.....we really ARE going.......and SOON! - Matty's Wish Trip December 12-18, 2009

That will be so awesome for him, Pamela! You need to give yourself a lot of credit too though, you're the one that's followed through! You're gonna have such a great time!

YIKES..........17 hours!!!! What am I doin' on this silly computer:eek:

Kids are home from school. SNOW DAY!!!!! Just what I needed...distractions!!!! I'm usually very limiting when it comes to tv and computer time but today I'm saying "have at it!!" (keep 'em outta my hair).

Quick update: I called GKTW yesterday as someone here had suggested awhile back and told them about Matty's Gingerbread Man wish and asked about the GMan at their Christmas Party tomorrow (OMG, did I just say TOMORROW????:scared1:) night. I hoped that they might arrange something alittle extra. Well, got a big ol YES from "Mary" in Entertainment. I "think" she's trying to have him parading down the avenue with them as they arrive (and the Disney characters will be there too tomorrow night)!!!!! Even if he just gets alittle extra face time with the GMan that'd be special. You guys have been great with all these suggestions and encouragement. If I hadn't found this board while the trip would still have been great, it would've been nothing compared to what it will be now. Thanx guys....all of you:flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: (hope that's enough flowers to go around).

Gotta go pack......or somethin'!!!!!!

Pamela:santa:

This brought tears to my eyes.

I am so excited for you guys. So glad you found us!

And so glad that anything we have brought to the "table" would help make your trip more magical!

I don't think the creators of the DIS really realize what wonderful things are happening to our wish kids over here.

YIKES..........17 hours!!!! What am I doin' on this silly computer:eek:

Kids are home from school. SNOW DAY!!!!! Just what I needed...distractions!!!! I'm usually very limiting when it comes to tv and computer time but today I'm saying "have at it!!" (keep 'em outta my hair).

Quick update: I called GKTW yesterday as someone here had suggested awhile back and told them about Matty's Gingerbread Man wish and asked about the GMan at their Christmas Party tomorrow (OMG, did I just say TOMORROW????:scared1:) night. I hoped that they might arrange something alittle extra. Well, got a big ol YES from "Mary" in Entertainment. I "think" she's trying to have him parading down the avenue with them as they arrive (and the Disney characters will be there too tomorrow night)!!!!! Even if he just gets alittle extra face time with the GMan that'd be special. You guys have been great with all these suggestions and encouragement. If I hadn't found this board while the trip would still have been great, it would've been nothing compared to what it will be now. Thanx guys....all of you:flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: (hope that's enough flowers to go around).

Gotta go pack......or somethin'!!!!!!

OMG!!!!! WE ARE SOOOOOO GOING TO BE LOOKING OUT FOR HIM AND WE WILL BE MATTYS FAN CLUB!!! HE WILL BE LIKE "WHO ARE THOSE CRAZY PEOPLE SCREAMING MY NAME???" Im so excited.... now go pack.... or something lol!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:woohoo:

I'm proud of you! Your light is off! Hopefully that means you are snoozing away, dreaming of Gingerbread men dancing in your head. ;)
(Can't wait to see the pics when you return! Have a blast!!!!!!!!)

I'm proud of you! Your light is off! Hopefully that means you are snoozing away, dreaming of Gingerbread men dancing in your head. ;)
(Can't wait to see the pics when you return! Have a blast!!!!!!!!)

Oh no girl.....my light is ON!!!!!!!

(I shall now hang my head in shame because I know I have disappointed you:guilty:)

BUT....the packing is DONE!! I JUST finished the kids autograph books:yay::yay: We made cute little personalized Mickey luggage tags for each of their bags and dh tied them on a little bit ago. Tickets are ready. Ppwk is in order. Everyone's clothes (and shoes!!) are piled up for the am. By golly.....I think I'm in good shape here:woohoo:. Of course at this hour I'm not even sure it makes sense to go to bed. I'll probably lie there with visions of gingerbread men RUNNING AROUND my head and then........JUST as I fall asleep.....the alarm will go off:scared1:

We did have a fun family Wish Trip send-off party tonight. I made a Mickey Mouse cake and we had Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets for dinner, played a little "what character am I" guessing game at the dinner table, I gave them their autograph books, they all did their little "1 MORE SLEEP TIL DISNEY" dance for the video camera and then we ate cake. I got a px of the cake and the books but I doubt dh is in the mood to load 'em up tonight (gee, you'd think he needed his beauty sleep or somethin' huh?).

ok.......gotta make sure I haven't forgotten something.

2 hours and 41 minutes until the limo comes.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Oh no girl.....my light is ON!!!!!!!

(I shall now hang my head in shame because I know I have disappointed you:guilty:)

No, I was just in awe, that someone was able to pull it off. You'll have your turn to harass me 4 months from now!

(gee, you'd think he needed his beauty sleep or somethin' huh?).

ok.......gotta make sure I haven't forgotten something.

2 hours and 41 minutes until the limo comes.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Since DH is getting his beauty sleep, he can handle the kids on the limo drive and on the flight while you nap right?!?!:rotfl2: Well, good luck, and I vote for a nap even if it doesn't seem worth it! (Not that I get a vote, LOL)

We're baaaaaaack!!! OMG....has 10 days gone by already????? Crazy.

We got in at about 11 last night......50 degree temperature drop in 2 hours:eek: Chilly in shorts!! Everyone fell asleep in the limo within 10 minutes time (got great px of sleeping souls LOL). Got home and all fell into bed (clothes and all) sleeping in 'til 10:30/11:30.

The trip? Amazing. Beyond our wildest dreams. I had resisted looking into a Wish Trip for Matty for years because I thought that it was essentially the equivalent of asking someone else to pay for a 'family vacation'. It just didn't seem right to me since we are fortunate enough to have the means to do so on our own. And while it certainly was that, a family vacation, it was much much MUCH more as well. An experience. An experience we could never have duplicated no matter how much money we were willing to shell out. I'm honestly not being melodramatic when I say it was an experience of a lifetime. It was MAGIC:)

We've taken well over a thousand pictures ( with the photopass I think we're close to 1500) so even with a 50% acceptablility rate (accounting for blurred px, closed eyes, goofy faces etc.) there should be many many memories to share. I look forward to doing so and reliving our trip through my trip report. Thanx again to everyone here. You all helped create the magic.:love:

On a final note we were fortunate enough to spend some time with Chrissi and her family (HI guys!!) which was such a terrific bonus. And met up with Maroo at the MVMCP where she created some super special magic for Matty (and me.....I cry whenever I let my mind relive it). The whole thing just gives me goosebumps.

Gotta go get our Xmas tree and retrieve our little mini dachsund Heidi from my parents house. I'll try to be on this week but in case I get all caught up in the hubbub around here, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all.

Pamela:santa: and Murphy Junior (that'd be Matty, my little Gingerbread Boy :love:)

Welcome home Pamela!!!! I'm so glad you checked in! We've all been wondering how all these Dec trips went and only two (Savi's mom and Alyssa - thatkid) have reported back so far. I know this week will be so busy with unpacking and Christmas, but we (well, at least I) will be here anxiously awaiting the 50% acceptable photos. ;)

Woohooo!! Welcome home, Pamela! I knew Maroo had something cooking and wondered if it was for Matty...I am so excited to hear all about it, and the rest of your trip! We'll be here once you get all settled in and ready to report :hug: And I can't wait to see the pics!!! :banana:

Woo Hoo Welcome home!! It sounds like you had an amazing trip and I cant wait to hear about if Matty got to meet his gingerbread men!

Thanx for the welcome home guys!!!

We've been home for over 36 hours now and it seems so hard to believe we were even EVER there. I suppose the twelve plus inches of snow outside isn't helping. The multiple suitcases and carry-ons strewn all over the house should be a bit of a clue of course. How the heck I'm going to clean everything up and decorate this house for the holidays is a wonder????????

I'm just itchin' to start a Trip Report but we all know there's other things I need to get to. We uploaded almost 1200 pictures off one of our cameras last night and then proceeded to view the almost 200 photos on our WDW photopass. There are still pictures from 2 other cameras to go through (plus some video), the handful of photos from our GKTW disc AND the pictures Maroo will be forwarding to us. Oh yeah, and some video from Maroo :eek: Holy Cow!! I'll need to square all that away before I can even think of officially starting the TR.

Still I am constantly drawn to this forum!! Why, oh why, can't I drag myself away?????????????:eek:

So, in order to fulfill my need to do/say something, ANYthing......I shall offer up a few tips and tidbits. Let's call them....."Things that occured to me while on Matty's Wish Trip". Now I realize of course they are only my opinions but, perhaps, they may help one other person as they plan their upcoming trip.:)

1. A Wish Trip is just that.........a 'Wish Trip' and not just another 'family vacation'. It deserves to be extra extra EXTRA special. Embrace the 'button'. Wear it proudly. Flash that GAC and don't feel badly. They give Wish families these things for a reason. The majority of the staff WANT to make Wish trips extra special but they can't go out of their way unless Wish families make themselves known. That button is truly Magic. Let it work for you.

2. A Wish Trip is just that........a 'Wish Trip' and not just another 'family vacation'. It deserves to be a trip like no other. A trip that is unlike one's typical family Disney World vacation. It can be beneficial to think outside of the box. Be creative. The ability to take advantage of activities and adventures that might not be possible on one's typical vacation budget is what makes a Wish Trip a once in a lifetime experience. And don't forget GKTW. The Village and it's activities. Make time if possible. There are lifetime memories to be made there as well. And just being there is likely to give you goosebumps. It's what it represents. It, too, is magical.

3, A Wish Trip is just that......a 'Wish Trip' and not just another 'family vactaion'. It is likely to be a Trip that will change you. And it is just the beginning. We spent our last day at the GKTW Village, going back for a relaxing day of play after a very very busy week. Suprisingly, I found that I left that evening for the airport feeling uplifted, not sad as I had expected. Feeling like we were now part of an extended family and knowing that we would be back. We are actually now talking about planning a one year anniversary trip next December which will, of course, include one, or more, visits to GKTW (and perhaps even an afternoon or evening of volunteering for dh or myself). A Wish Trip is a once in a lifetime experience that deserves to be remembered and celebrated for years and years to come.

Of course I do realize that for some families just the ability to go on a family vacation is magic. I guess I just want to be sure people are aware that the potential exists for much more if they so desire.

There are so many things to share with you all. Please feel free to ask any and all questions r/t our trip experience/parks/village/etc. as I will continue to log on and follow everyones' plans (I'm lurking even if I'm not posting to your threads). And sometime, hopefully sooner than later, I will get going on my Trip Report.

And then perhaps I'll have a new PTR to attend to :yay:

Thanks, Pamela..looking forward to reading your TR after things get calmer for you. Could you shoot me a pm with what you guys thought of the parties you attended at GKTW? I know we def plan to hit the Christmas party, but would you say there were any others that were "can't miss" ? I'm trying to set our schedule up now that we have dates!!

Welcome home guys!!!! It was so nice to spend some time with you all. We will never forget the time we shared, our kids laughter I dont htink I could forget if I tried. The late night hide and seek was just too funny! You have an amazing family. There is no doubt in my mind that we were there at the same time and met here for something much bigger than just meeting. I look to seeing you guys again. There is no way that out of all of the thousands of people there that we just kept accidentally meeting, it was great!!! I cant wait to tell you all about the HUGE MAKEOVER. Check out my ptr and look at the links but have tissues ready. Its been amazing coming home, people still keep stopping by just to say how much they enjoyed being a part of a "blessed" project. Its incredible the stories!

Glad you guys are home safe and sound. We ended up with about 12 inches too. So weird huh lol.

I had so much fun meeting you guys!! :)

I took...a BUNCH of pictures the night of your special evening...which I have yet to share with the DIS. ;) And I already have the disk from the pictures that Disney took (not the PhotoPass - the special Disney Photographer)...so I will include all of those and get them on a disc ASAP to send to you guys.

Life, however, has gotten in the way already and it may be over Christmas before I can even stop to catch my breath and work on getting the pictures to you guys.

Do I have your address? I think I do somewhere.
The pictures that Disney took are so big (over 2 MB each) that I can't even email them, I don't think.

Do you want me to post some here? Do you want me to start a separate Trip Report just for that special night? I will do it whichever way you guys want.

I hope you will copy those hints over to the Wish Trippers thread. :) Those are all awesome tips and coming from a family that just got back - invaluable, really.

I really enjoyed meeting you guys!! :hug:

Hey there Maroo!!!

So glad you made it home safe and sound. Sorry to hear that life's not cooperating right now. Here's to better days ahead:hug:

It was so great meeting you! I just can't say thank you enough for all the time and effort you put into making Matty's final night so very very special. The first night with Murphy and then the last night with that crowd of kooky confections!Couldn't have been any more perfect. I've said it before but finding this board and meeting all you folks made our Wish Trip beyond incredible and it has truly changed us all in ways I can't even begin to explain. You are truly somethin' there girl!!

ok, so I found your thread. I'll be following alongpopcorn::

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Pam:santa: (and Matty:love:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter