Your best Disney fact or insider story...

That guy is there all the time, and is I'm sure familiar with the flight restrictions. I bet what looked like "over Cinderella Castle" was in actuality much further away.

Yup.

Skywrite upwind.
Message floats downwind.

Also, 3000 isn't very high. You could still have every good view of the ground and on the ground could still easily see a plane at that altitude.

I've never seen the sky writer, but he might be working for disney or have permission from Disney. I guess I would have to know what he's writing. If it's saying visit Harry potter land or something, obviously he has turned to the dark side.

Also, 3000 isn't very high. You could still have every good view of the ground and on the ground could still easily see a plane at that altitude.

I've never seen the sky writer, but he might be working for disney or have permission from Disney. I guess I would have to know what he's writing. If it's saying visit Harry potter land or something, obviously he has turned to the dark side.

We have seen him several times. He usually says "Jesus Loves You" or "Love God." I love watching him (or her)

We have a guy in my squadron who gets made fun of because he got lost one time and almost flew through Disney airspace. He kept getting confused about why the air traffic controller wouldn't let him descend. I wasn't there but apparently he was practically on top of Spaceship Earth before he realized where he was.

I was there, I believe it was last January, and a helicopter flew over very low over MK. I thought this was impossible till I realized it was President Obama. The rules are relaxed for the POTUS

In Saving Mr. Banks, I thought it was funny that "Walt" was mystified that "P.L. Travers" didn't want to go to DisneyLand with him.

Also from that movie, I wonder if Walt's favorite ride was really the Carousel?

and maybe probable, that it was Disney's favorite ride was the carousel (or carrousel in Orlando). It's oft reported that Walt took his daughters to ride a carousel when they were younger. He was frustrated that there no places that allowed kids and adults to have fun together. Those experiences brought the first itch for a new experience which eventually became Disneyland.

There are 115 windows in the Beast’s Castle.

The lion-like figures flanking the door at the entrance to Be Our Guest Restaurant were referred to as “golions” by the design team, a combination of goat and lion.

Figures above the entrance doors, eagles with snake tails, are called “sneagles.”

The six stone figures on the bridge leading to Be Our Guest Restaurant were all given the name “Frank” during the design phase simply as a way to identify them.

Centerpiece chandelier at Be Our Guest Restaurant measures more than 12 feet tall and 11 feet wide. It boasts more than 84 candles and more than 100 jewels that hang down to give it added shine.

At Be Our Guest Restaurant, the delicate Rose Gallery adorned with rose accents, paintings and tapestries, is centered by a music box nearly 7 feet tall with a twirling Belle and the Beast.

- See more at: http://wdwnews.com/fact-sheets/2013/04/23/fun-facts-new-fantasyland/#sthash.XOig5fgE.dpuf

It was my understanding that the KTTK tour no longer took guests down to the utilidors. Am I wrong? I can probably convince my family to book another trip solely based on the answer....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I love this tread, thanks for all the great facts.
I haven't got any from WDW but here is one, I heard on the Holiday tour in DL.

A few years back when the CMs were taking down the decorations on the Christmas tree at the Disneyland Hotel, they found an ornament that wasn't a part of the decoration. It was an angel and inside it, they found a letter from a family who used to visit DL all the time. Their little boy was sick and the only time he really enjoyed himself was at DL. Now the boy had passed away so the family wanted to thank DL and it's CMs for creating so many memories for the family. The CMs didn't know what to do with the ornament, so they still put it on the tree every year during the holidays.

One that is supposedly NOT true, but I like to believe any way:

The Swan and Dolphin both have large black squares in the design in the middle of the buildings. This was supposedly because a monorail expansion was planned for Epcot area hotels, and these two hotels would have had the monorail go through them similar to the Contemporary. This area where the black square is was already designed to be demolish-able without affecting structural integrity of the building... There are a ton of sources that say this isn't true. But I wonder, why do both buildings have large black squares on them that line up perfectly with each other...

Disney_Swan_Dolphin_RESORT_2.jpg

I stumbled on to this story today about the swan and dolphin resorts. Great history with good backstory.

Can someone email me their notes from this thread? :rotfl2: I don't know that I can get through it again. There are some pretty great gems in here though.

Can someone email me their notes from this thread? :rotfl2: I don't know that I can get through it again. There are some pretty great gems in here though.

:). I know! I thought about making an index on page one...but it is a daunting task!

I stumbled on to this story today about the swan and dolphin resorts. Great history with good backstory.

out there that has pictures of other buildings by the same architect. The different shading was something he did for a period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter