Your best Disney fact or insider story...

The Swan and Dolphin boxes were certainly not designed to be removed for a monorail to run through. However, there was a plan at one time for the Swan and Dolphin to become monorail resorts. When the Disney-MGM Studios was built, there were plans to add a monorail spur between Epcot and the Studios. That spur would have also stopped at the Swan and Dolphin. Unfortunately it was never built.

For sure! That sounds like it would take forever.

I have saved about 6 pages worth in a .doc file. It's not everything. I am putting it in our "welcome" packages for my fam. I figured they can read it on the plane!

PM me your email and I can send you what I have.

I have saved about 6 pages worth in a .doc file. It's not everything. I am putting it in our "welcome" packages for my fam. I figured they can read it on the plane!

PM sent!

Also I loved that article on the Swan and Dolphin. Jim Korkis is amazingly knowledgeable and a great story teller.

I have saved about 6 pages worth in a .doc file. It's not everything. I am putting it in our "welcome" packages for my fam. I figured they can read it on the plane! PM me your email and I can send you what I have.

May I have a copy of that as well? My dd17 would love having something to read on the plane. :-)

I have saved about 6 pages worth in a .doc file. It's not everything. I am putting it in our "welcome" packages for my fam. I figured they can read it on the plane! PM me your email and I can send you what I have.

Oh, can I get a copy also?

I would love a copy also. It will be great fun to share with my group. I'll send you a pm

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

When Walt died, he had the top half of his body buried under the castle in Disneyland, while the bottom half was buried under the one at the Magic Kingdom.

Spaceship Earth's design is based off of a powerplant conceived by Nikola Tesla. During thunderstorms, magnetic currents from the structure generate enough power to run Epcot for 3 months.

It's a Small World originally had different music. The ride was originally designed as a horror ride, complete with funhouse mirrors. The music was much slower, in a minor key, and all the dolls stared at the riders with dead, lifeless eyes. During its initial test run, a 9 year old boy fainted from fright and fell into the water. It was then deemed too scary and was changed to its current incarnation.

These are all true facts I just made up.

Congratulations! You are qualified for a position in Disney Guest Transportation!

It's a Small World originally had different music. The ride was originally designed as a horror ride, complete with funhouse mirrors. The music was much slower, in a minor key, and all the dolls stared at the riders with dead, lifeless eyes. During its initial test run, a 9 year old boy fainted from fright and fell into the water. It was then deemed too scary and was changed to its current incarnation.

Well, for many of us, it is still a horror ride... :rotfl:

It was my understanding that the KTTK tour no longer took guests down to the utilidors. Am I wrong? I can probably convince my family to book another trip solely based on the answer....

Unless they have changed it VERY recently, the tour does go into the utilidors.

I wonder what happened? I would've LOVED to seen those!

Now that Epcot is moving from a worlds fair Pavillion to a food and drink extravangnza, maybe it will become more likely economically to add a few more countries with several restaurants and bars at each. The additions of La Cava, Via Napoli, tutto gusto, spice road table, and la hacienda it is clear this is a huge money making plan.

Instead of blocking off more access to the basin, Disney could build in those empty lots.

Pipe dream, I know. But Everyone would be thrilled with new countries added (people might argue over which ones). I don't care at all which countries - add a few and I would enjoy them.

Please could I have a copy?? I'll pm you my email!

Many thanks in advance :-)

Do you know why the whistle on the Roy Disney train at the MK sounds lower than the other trains? Because the horn on this train was recycled from the riverboat the Admiral Fowler that used to be on the Rivers of America at DL. The riverboat was being refurbished and was dropped in drydock and the keel was damaged beyond repair but they reclaimed the horn and it now is on the train named for Roy in the MK.

Sidenote there is now a ferry that brings guests across the Seven Seas Lagoon that is named in honor of Admiral Fowler. Hope that is new to someone else too.

Just wanted to say thank you! I got your file and it looks good. I can't wait to put them to use with my family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter