Youngest child you've ever taken

AmyBWV99

It's a s'winter s'wonderland; you can freeze while
We'll be taking our first child on it's first trip to WDW over the fourth of July; i's due April 11th. My quesition is that what's the youngest child you've ever taken and what dd you do in terms of attractions?
We go very often as it is an don't ride alot of rides anymore so going slow is our MO. :wizard: princess:

my dd was 11 weeks when we went last Christmas - she went on most things without a height restriction - I just had her in a Baby Bjorn and off we went. Off the top of my head, I can remember Pooh Bear, Pirates, Peter Pan, Philharmagic (she wasn't soo keen on that because it blows stuff at you and it was loud, but she was ok), It's a Small World, Spaceship Earth, Imagination, etc etc - she was pretty portable.
it's actually quite an easy age to travel with, she was happy to sleep in her baby bjorn or her stroller without too much fuss, this last trip she was 15 months, and we had to think about where she was going to sleep / eat etc a lot more.

Our ds was 7mos on his first trip in Jan.2001 and our dd was 2mos in Dec.2003 her first trip. You can pretty much take the baby on anything without a height restriction as mentioned - just be sure to stay away from the 3D movies as they tend to be way too loud to take a baby. Some of the best though were Spaceship earth at Epcot - babies loved the sparkling lights in parts of the ride and it's nice and slow and quiet and Tomorrowland Transit authority ride was another nice one. But there are so many. Be sure also to utilize the baby care centers in all the parks - they are absolutely wonderful and so much cleaner for diaper changes IMO. I assume from your screen name you are a DVC member? Or at least like to stay at BWV's DVC? That's also going to make it much easier with a baby ;) So much easier to make food and bottles with access to a microwave and kitchen/kitchenette.

Have a great trip!

our daughter was 6wks when we went last year...we were there for 8 days...no problems. i used my moby wrap or ellaroo.......a pouch would be great at that age also. we also rented a bassinett from www.aabf.com

and a side rail. we flew so i check our stroller at the gate & we had her carseat with us also.
hopefully when we go this winter (She'll be 15mo & 17mo) that she'll do just as well....
good luck
amie

We took our DD when she was 9mos. We took her on the no-height-restriction rides without problems.

The dark rides could pose a problem if your child is scared of it, but that's a question of you knowing how he/she is.

Bottom line, if you're planning to take it slow, you'll be alright.

P.S. Bring a stroller and take it everywhere! By th third or fourth day you'll be glad you did!

AmyBWV99 said:
We'll be taking our first child on it's first trip to WDW over the fourth of July; i's due April 11th. My quesition is that what's the youngest child you've ever taken and what dd you do in terms of attractions?
We go very often as it is an don't ride alot of rides anymore so going slow is our MO. :wizard: princess:

I've gone while pregnant.

I've also gone with a 5 month old. You shouldn't shake a 5 month old's brain around in its little skull, so we only took him on the gentlest rides. TTA, CofP, that sort of thing.

We went when DD was in utero, does that count? Her first trip outside the womb was at 5-1/2 months and we had a ball. She loved the lights, the colors, the sounds, all the interaction. We rode all but the thrill rides and she was perfectly fine. Just remember to keep as close as possible to the usual routine - mealtime, nap time, bed time, etc.

Both my kids were around 9 months for their first trips. Very easy to have a baby with you at WDW. I did take my DS to Hershey park on a weekend trip when he was 2 months old. He did great! Taking an infant is much easier than a toddler, LOL!!! :earseek: We go every year and I often long for the days they were not mobile!!!

:earseek: Congrats are your new addition to your family. How exciting!!

There are alot of tips on these boards for taking an infant to WDW. Just do a seach. The main tips most people will agree on is taking your own stroller for an infant. Another good tip is to bring a carrier. The best IMO is the Baby Bjorn. It helps when waiting in lines for attractions. Also take advantage of the baby care centers in each park.

I was 32 weeks pregnant with DD the first time she went - but we just took her at 13 months for the first time. She was great. Don't expect to do what you normally would. We had thought she might sleep in her stroller - eh eh - she wanted to see and do everything. We took an afternoon nap break each day. And man it's been a killer this week me not getting my nap!!

Our son was 6 weeks old during his first trip to WDW. We went with my parents so we did a lot of things that had no height restrictions with him and traded off with my parents (he was their 1st grandchild so they were THRILLED to hold him for us!) on the rides that were not appropriate for him. It was very easy. We've also gone with a 5 month old and a 9 month old on different trips. Babies who aren't mobile are pretty easy!

I took my son to Disneyland at four weeks. He pretty much slept and nursed the entire time. I kept him in the Baby Bjorn facing me so that he wouldn't be exposed to as many germs. It was the easiest trip with a baby that I've ever taken! Since then, he has probably been at least 6 more times. He wasn't interested in any rides until about 3 months and then only rides with bright colors. But he was perfectly happy to sleep through the rides.

Went pregnant with both girls (Little PhD I was 30 weeks, Baby I was only 8 weeks.)

Little PhD's 1st trip was at 8 1/2 months. She went again 3 more times for a total of 4 trips before she turned 3 years old.

If all goes well Baby PhD will be going when she is 7 months old.

We took our DD when she was 4 months old. This past October we took our twins (DS & DD) when they were 3 months old.

We took DS when he was 6 weeks old. We have been there many times before so we just stayed off any rides that had sudden movements. We also made sure he had plenty to drink.

All of my kids went to DL relatively young. DD was 10 weeks, while her big bro was 2 1/2. We took another trip with oldest ds was 5, dd was 2 1/2 and youngest ds was 9 months.

We basically went every year to DL when our kids were young. They were wonderful trips, I'm so glad we went.

Julia

We just took our second daughter who was 6 weeks at the time. I took my older child when she was 3 months old. It's easy if they're nursing. Both children just slept the whole time. Virtually all of the bathrooms in Disney have changing tables or changing areas. I ran into one that didn't have an obvious changing area, but I can't remember now where we were. The main difficulty was in the hotel. My six-week-old really missed our rocking chair and her swing, so my poor husband had to take a screaming baby through an Orlando Super Walmart at 11 o'clock at night to buy a swing. We stayed in the Sheraton Safari, which was nice because we booked a suite and there is a lot of separation between the two rooms so my husband could sleep in peace and quiet while I got up with the baby in the night.

The youngest I took my kids (to Disneyland) they were 3 & 5. Not because I thought they were "too young" but just because that was the first time. They both went on everything that they were allowed to due to restrictions.

My son's first trip was at the ripe old age of 10 weeks, he turned 11 weeks while in Disney. We had booked the trip prior to finding out I was pregnant. Yes now that I think back 10 weeks was really young, but we were just fine. The craziest thing is that I have seen actual newborns in Disney, I asked one mom how young the baby was: "5 days" was her response, now that's a bit early!!

I got a lot of grief from people who thought he was too young but after reading these posts I feel a whole lot better and I'll say he LOVED It's a small world at that age. We went back when he was 10 1/2 months old and we are heading back now when he is almost two!

Can't wait to see what he will be terrified of this trip as the last two times he LOVED it but recently Santa and other animitronics seem to freak him out. any advice?

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter