You just graduated from college!! What's next? 5/13 - 5/21 THAT'S A WRAP!

We've stayed at the BC countless times, including our upcoming trip. But we haven't eaten at Beaches and Cream in at least 15 years. We have gotten some ice cream at the walk up, though. I think next time we're there I get a root beer float. I've always liked them. :)

We have been to Beaches and Cream for the Kitchen Sink. It was a great experience. I haven't had a no way Jose but we are staying at the yacht club in January so I definitely want to try it.

Oh, you've had the Kitchen Sink! How fun! I've seen it made and presented a few times and it looks fantastic. :thumbsup2

MP looks devine!! I have a short solo trip in Dec and I need to get myself there.

Sounds like a good plan! :thumbsup2

The strawberry float looks so light and refreshing! No calories, I'm sure!

There is no such thing as calories at WDW! ;)

Just booked a dessert night at Beaches and Cream for our March trip. I can see DH and I splitting the No Way Jose with the boys going for the rootbeer floats or strawberry sundaes....mmmmmm!

Enjoy! :goodvibes

We've stayed at the BC countless times, including our upcoming trip. But we haven't eaten at Beaches and Cream in at least 15 years. We have gotten some ice cream at the walk up, though. I think next time we're there I get a root beer float. I've always liked them. :)

You can't go wrong with a root beer float! :thumbsup2

Ooooooh, No Way Jose!! We had one in June and it stole my heart.. It is so delicious!!

I totally agree! ::yes::

On the last day of our trip I went downstairs to the boardwalk to get some breakfast for us to have in our villa while we packed.

It was a foggy morning but I managed to find the bakery...I just had to follow the wonderful smell of freshly baked goods. ;)

I first checked out the cupcakes, starting with the Mickey Oreo...

Frozen themed chocolate cupcakes...

A specialty cupcake that I'd never seen before...

I asked what it was but didn't write it down and now can't remember. :sad2:

And last is the Strawberry cupcake...

There were a few lunch/dinner options on display that looked pretty good...

This salad looked especially good...

Herb-grilled Chicken and Apple Mixed Greens Salad featuring Ocean Spray® Craisins® Brand Dried Cranberries, Goat Cheese and Pomegranate Vinaigrette

Has anyone had this salad? I'd love to know if it tastes as good as it always looks. :scratchin

But I was there for breakfast, so I turned my attention to some of the breakfast options like their Breakfast Sandwich...

Raspberry and apple danish...

And the croissants, plain, almond, and chocolate...

These great looking apple tarts...

Mickey and regular Chocolate Chip Muffins...

Cranberry-Orange Muffins...

And last, one of my Boardwalk Bakery favorites, blueberry muffins...

So what did I choose? :scratchin

Well, I started with muffins, two blueberry (pictured above) and two chocolate chip...

I also couldn't resist getting one of the raspberry cream cheese danish so that I could do a taste comparison between this one and the one I'd had the day before from Starring Rolls...

This was good, but I would have to say that I liked the plain cream cheese danish from Starring Rolls more. :thumbsup2

And finally, those of you who have read my previous dining reports may remember that I'm a huge fan of the Boardwalk Bakery's version of the Napoleon. I had actually gotten a Napoleon on Monday afternoon but was too full to eat it then. I put it in our villa refrigerator and somehow forgot about it until I cleaned out our fridge on our check out day, Thursday morning. :eek:

So in addition to the breakfast pastries, we also shared the Napoleon...

For being 3 days old it was pretty good, but not as good as when eaten fresh. I hope to do better with this on my next trip. ;)

Next up: My nephew's lunch at Akershus

Last edited:

On the last day of our trip I went downstairs to the boardwalk to get some breakfast for us to have in our villa while we packed.

It was a foggy morning but I managed to find the bakery...I just had to follow the wonderful smell of freshly baked goods. ;)

I first checked out the cupcakes, starting with the Mickey Oreo...

Frozen themed chocolate cupcakes...

A specialty cupcake that I'd never seen before...

I asked what it was but didn't write it down and now can't remember. :sad2:

And last is the Strawberry cupcake...

There were a few lunch/dinner options on display that also caught my eye...

This salad looked especially good...

Herb-grilled Chicken and Apple Mixed Greens Salad featuring Ocean Spray® Craisins® Brand Dried Cranberries, Goat Cheese and Pomegranate Vinaigrette

Has anyone had this salad? I'd love to know if it tastes as good as it always looks. :scratchin

But I was there for breakfast, so I turned my attention to some of the breakfast options like their Breakfast Sandwich...

Raspberry and apple danish...

And the croissants, plain, almond, and chocolate...

These great looking apple tarts...

And last, one of my Boardwalk Bakery favorites, blueberry muffins...

So what did I choose? :scratchin

Well, I started with muffins, two blueberry (pictured above) and two chocolate chip...

I also couldn't resist getting one of the raspberry cream cheese danish so that I could do a taste comparison between this one and the one I'd had the day before from Starring Rolls...

This was good, but I would have to say that I liked the plain cream cheese danish from Starring Rolls more. :thumbsup2

And finally, those of you who have read my previous dining reports may remember that I'm a huge fan of the Boardwalk Bakery's version of the Napoleon. I had actually gotten a Napoleon on Monday afternoon but was too full to eat it then. I put it in our villa refrigerator and somehow forgot about it until I cleaned out our fridge on our check out day, Thursday morning. :eek:

So in addition to the breakfast pastries, we also shared the Napoleon...

For being 3 days old it was pretty good, but not as good as when eaten fresh. I hope to do better with this on my next trip. ;)

Next up: My nephew's lunch at Akershus
YES! I've had that salad and it was one of the best CS lunches I had the whole trip. The chicken was delicious and not processed tasting or looking and the lettuce was crispy and fresh. The dressing was good too! I got one for the flight home too as it comes in that nifty plastic tub. Makes you feel less guilty about the giant cupcake for dessert :)

I am so behind!

All of your pictures are amazing, as always. The cupcakes at Boardwalk look amazing! I am now kicking myself for not going in there in May.

Glad your daughter enjoyed the Shrunken Zombie Head. That was my favorite from our Trader Sams experience. I am looking forward to trying something different next time. I just need all the cool souvenir glasses.

We love the cupcakes at the BW Bakery!! Back in May we made dinner out of them :rotfl2: That must be some good napoleon to still taste good 3 days later. I wonder how their's stacks up the one in in France?

All caught up! There was a lot of delicious food! When you compare LC and MP it is hard to believe that they are both 2 credit meals. I still do not think LC should have changed to that...
The bakery selections AND ice cream looked great too!! ::yes::

:thanks:Oh my gosh thanks for the info on the Tambu/Trader Sam's Poly! That is such a bonus that the Poly still has Tambu & added TS! :mickeyjum:stitch:

So many good things to choose from! I'll definitely have to get over there more when we are staying at the yacht club in January.

YES! I've had that salad and it was one of the best CS lunches I had the whole trip. The chicken was delicious and not processed tasting or looking and the lettuce was crispy and fresh. The dressing was good too! I got one for the flight home too as it comes in that nifty plastic tub. Makes you feel less guilty about the giant cupcake for dessert :)

Thank you for the salad review! I've seen that salad so many times in the bakery's display case and it always looks good. I might just give it try on my next trip. Thanks again! :thumbsup2

I am so behind!

All of your pictures are amazing, as always. The cupcakes at Boardwalk look amazing! I am now kicking myself for not going in there in May.

Glad your daughter enjoyed the Shrunken Zombie Head. That was my favorite from our Trader Sams experience. I am looking forward to trying something different next time. I just need all the cool souvenir glasses.

Hi Jeri! :wave2: I always enjoy checking out the cupcakes at the Boardwalk bakery to see what's new. I'll be staying at the Boardwalk for most of my upcoming trip so I will definitely be stopping in the bakery, probably multiple times. ;) I wonder how soon after Halloween that they will switch over to Christmas themed cupcakes?? :scratchin Sounds like a good research project for my next dining report. :laughing:

The Olaf and Mickey Oreo cupcakes look soooooooo good! :cake::earsgirl:

I can't wait to see what they have now, as I will be staying at the Boardwalk starting one week from tomorrow! :woohoo:

We love the cupcakes at the BW Bakery!! Back in May we made dinner out of them :rotfl2: That must be some good napoleon to still taste good 3 days later. I wonder how their's stacks up the one in in France?

Oh, even 3 days days old the Boardwalk's napoleon beats the French one hands down! ::yes::

All caught up! There was a lot of delicious food! When you compare LC and MP it is hard to believe that they are both 2 credit meals. I still do not think LC should have changed to that...
The bakery selections AND ice cream looked great too!! ::yes::

I intentionally posted the reviews for these two Epcot "signature" restaurants back to back to show the difference. The one thing that LC has going for it though is that it accepts TIW when MP does not. I will definitely miss that 20% discount when I dine at MP next week. :worried:

:thanks:Oh my gosh thanks for the info on the Tambu/Trader Sam's Poly! That is such a bonus that the Poly still has Tambu & added TS! :mickeyjum:stitch:

You're quite welcome. Glad to be of help! :goodvibes

So many good things to choose from! I'll definitely have to get over there more when we are staying at the yacht club in January.

Sounds like a great plan! Enjoy! :thumbsup2

Lunch at Epcot's Akershus Royal Banquet Hall was a last minute addition to my nephew's dining schedule. Sometimes spur of the moment ADRs at Disney World can be good, sometimes not. Read on to see which category their Akershus lunch fell in. ;)

The appetizer at Akershus (whether on the Deluxe Dining Plan like they were or not on the DDP) is a buffet of cold foods. There were no photos taken of this but here is the description from the menu:
Everyone's Royal Feast begins with an authentic "Taste of Norway" featuring some of the finest Scandinavian Seafood, Imported Cheeses, cured and sliced Meats, and a vast selection of Salads and Fruits.

His Comments: My wife didn't like anything on this buffet. I thought it was okay.

Then for their entrees, my nephew chose the...

Norwegian Turkey Club with Caraway Havarti, Lettuce, Tomato, Applewood-smoked Bacon, Lingonberry-Basil Mayonnaise, and House-made Pickles

His Comment: This sandwich was Subway quality.

His wife had the...

Pan-seared Salmon with Roasted Potato Cake, Pickled Fennel Slaw, and Aquavit Cream Cheese

Her Comment: Nothing special.

And for dessert at Akershus everyone gets the Royal Chef's Dessert Plate...

An assortment of Norwegian-inspired desserts

His Comment: These were just okay.

Their Overall Comments: This was a mistake, easily our least favorite meal of the trip.

Next up: Our lunch at San Angel Inn

I've heard mixed things on Akershus. We originally had it booked for January but I decided to change it to Via Napoli. I'd still like to try it at least once in the future.

Boardwalk Bakery looks fabulous, as always. We had dinner planned at Akershus for the end of this month but ended up changing it to Chefs de France. I have heard very mixed reviews about the food at Akershus and while our 2 year old likes princesses, she doesn't need a princess meal just yet.

I've heard mixed things on Akershus. We originally had it booked for January but I decided to change it to Via Napoli. I'd still like to try it at least once in the future.

I am definitely a proponent of trying new restaurants at Disney World every now and then, even the ones which generally get bad reviews. After all, everyone's tastes and expectations are different so YMMV. I'm hoping to make it to one or two less than popular places on my upcoming trip. :thumbsup2

Boardwalk Bakery looks fabulous, as always. We had dinner planned at Akershus for the end of this month but ended up changing it to Chefs de France. I have heard very mixed reviews about the food at Akershus and while our 2 year old likes princesses, she doesn't need a princess meal just yet.

I agree, hold off as long as possible. ;)

We spent the last day of our trip at Epcot and had lunch at a long-time family favorite, Mexico's...

We scored one of the prime tables next to the water with a great view of the volcano... :woohoo:

Here's their lunch menu as of May 21, 2015...

The girls and I started with a margarita...

Note that my favorite avocado margarita is back on the menu. :thumbsup2 The last couple of times that I've been to SAI it was not on the menu so I had to make a special request for it. The restaurant's manager then had to walk over to La Cava for it and personally deliver the margarita to my table. I'm sure this was a pain for him, but it sure made me happy to have one of my WDW favorite drinks...and with a 20% TIW discount, which you can't get at La Cava de Tequila or La Hacienda de San Angel. :thumbsup2

So obviously I had the Avocado margarita, as did Allison. But Emily ordered a different one, the Wild Passion Fruit...

Avocado Margarita - Tequila Casa Noble Blanco, Melon Liqueur, fresh Avocado, Agave Nectar, and fresh Lime Juice, served frozen with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim
Wild Passion Fruit - Passion Fruit Puree, Ginger Liquor, Tequila, Mango Nectar, fresh Lime Juice, topped with mango foam, served on the rocks with a Tajin chili powder rim

For those who have never tried the avocado margarita, don't be put off by the thought of drinking liquid avocado. To me (and most everyone else who's tasted this) it tastes nothing like avocado. Instead it tastes more like melon with a hint of banana perhaps??? :scratchin It's sweet, creamy and so delicious! Definitely worthy of the 5 rating it received from both Allison and me. Emily though was disappointed with her choice, the Wild Passion Fruit. She rated it only a 3.

We munched on the complimentary chips and salsas (one red, one green) while we waited on our food...

Next came our appetizer, shared by Andrew, Emily, and me...

261c83bc-0cc7-4fa3-a717-0547ed494875.jpg

Tostadas de Tinga - Pulled Chicken seasoned with roasted tomato and chipotle pepper, served on tostadas with black refried beans, green tomatillo sauce, queso fresco, and sour cream

A close up...

I love these chicken tostadas! The chicken is always perfectly seasoned and so moist and delicious. The kids also really enjoyed these. We all rated them a 5, including Allison who got an order of her own as her entree.

For his entree, Andrew chose what I had originally planned to order...

Pollo a las Rajas - Grilled Chicken Breast served with red peppers and onion cream sauce, poblano rice, and queso fresco

He enjoyed this and rated it a 4. Probably would have given it a 5 if the sauce didn't have onions, which he doesn't like. ;)

My Plan B was to order the chicken enchiladas but then Emily ordered those...

Enchiladas Verdes de Pollo - Corn Tortillas filled with pulled chicken, covered with green tomatillo sauce, topped with sour cream, queso fresco and onions, served with black refried beans

She loved her entree and gave it a perfect rating of 5. :thumbsup2

So I had to quickly come up with a Plan C. I first considered the snapper, but then changed my mind and ordered the...

And a close up...

Tacos de Carne - Grilled New York strip on flour tortillas, topped with chipotle pepper sauce, scallions, and avocado, Served with rice and beans.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. When it comes to tacos, I generally prefer chicken or shrimp but the steak in these tacos was of a good quality. It was lean, tender and well seasoned. Combined with the rice and refried beans (both good), I gave this entree a 5.

We were all too full for dessert but I did get a photo of the dessert options here...

And one more pic of my happily full kids...

]

So this was nearly a perfect meal of 5's, with only the Passion Fruit margarita and my son's chicken entree receiving a lesser rating. San Angel Inn turned out to be a great choice for lunch on the final day of our trip. :thumbsup2

Next up: Karamell Kuche

Catching up on the last couple of reviews. Thanks for all the pics at boardwalk. My butt has never gotten down there early enough to even know what the breakfast options looked like.

Sorry you're nephew's Akershus meal was a bust. We had the same experience. It's just not good and no amount of princesses could convince me otherwise.

But on the good side, so happy you finally got your long awaited avocado margarita and even better glad it was all that it was supposed to be. When done right that thing is pretty darn close to drink perfection. And the rest of your meal looks delicious too. Gonna have to try those tostadas one of these days (love the entree idea). So glad you all went out on a great note!

We will be having lunch at San Angel Inn on our departure day. I fell in love with the green salsa and the chicken tostados appetizer when we ate there in April. You have almost talked me into trying the avocado Margarita. Too bad our ADR is at 11:45am. ;)

Catching up on the last couple of reviews. Thanks for all the pics at boardwalk. My butt has never gotten down there early enough to even know what the breakfast options looked like.

Sorry you're nephew's Akershus meal was a bust. We had the same experience. It's just not good and no amount of princesses could convince me otherwise.

But on the good side, so happy you finally got your long awaited avocado margarita and even better glad it was all that it was supposed to be. When done right that thing is pretty darn close to drink perfection. And the rest of your meal looks delicious too. Gonna have to try those tostadas one of these days (love the entree idea). So glad you all went out on a great note!

Actually we had one more meal at Epcot before leaving for home, so hold that thought about leaving on a great note. ;)

We will be having lunch at San Angel Inn on our departure day. I fell in love with the green salsa and the chicken tostados appetizer when we ate there in April. You have almost talked me into trying the avocado Margarita. Too bad our ADR is at 11:45am. ;)

I see you are leaving for the World in just 4 days! :woohoo: My countdown is 6 days, so not too far behind you. Can't wait to meet up for breakfast next Sunday. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!