You just graduated from college!! What's next? 5/13 - 5/21 THAT'S A WRAP!

My favorite place in all of Disney World to purchase treats to take home is at Epcot's...

I only took a few photos this time, since I've photographed most of their offerings on my previous visits to Karamell Kuche. So this montage of KK treats will be a compilation of photos taken on my last three trips to Disney World. Enjoy! :goodvibes

Chocolate-caramel covered pretzel rods

Chocolate-caramel covered pineapple

Chocolate-caramel covered strawberries

Milk chocolate covered caramels with sea salt

Chocolate and caramel covered S'more

One of these times I'm going to surprise you and try something new (like the chocolate and caramel covered pineapple that has been on my list for quite awhile), but not this time. This time I again purchased my usual trio of KK favorites...

Caramel Rolls with Marshmallow Cream

Chocolate covered Caramels with sea salt

And a large bag of Caramel Corn...

And as usual they were all delicious! :cloud9:

So what is your favorite Karamell Kuche treat? :scratchin

Next up: A Pint and A Snack from the Rose & Crown Pub

I see you are leaving for the World in just 4 days! :woohoo: My countdown is 6 days, so not too far behind you. Can't wait to meet up for breakfast next Sunday. :thumbsup2
We're planning to pack this weekend. I'm looking forward to meeting you for breakfast, too. I decided not to plan much for that day except eating. ;)

Caramel Rolls with Marshmallow Cream
These look like a candy my mom used to always hide in her nightstand called Caramel Creams or Bull's Eyes. They were good. I wonder if these caramel rolls taste anything like them.

We tried the caramel brownie and it was dried out and not very good. The caramel apple is my favorite. :)

It all looks delicious but if I had to choose I'd go caramel apple. I think I need to try the chocolate and caramel covered s'more next time.

Finally getting a chance to catch up on your wonderful reviews. :goodvibes

My favorite Karamel Kuche snack is the pineapple.

Oooh I love Karamell Kuche so I'm drooling over your photos. I have 2 favourites - the chocolate covered caramel and, because I'm greedy and it's enormous, the rice crispy cake :)

We tried the caramel brownie and it was dried out and not very good. The caramel apple is my favorite. :)

I totally agree about the brownie. They always look so good but when I finally tried one a trip or two ago it was not good at all. It was probably the one and only time that I've thrown away a brownie. :laughing:

It all looks delicious but if I had to choose I'd go caramel apple. I think I need to try the chocolate and caramel covered s'more next time.

I hope the s'more tastes as good as it looks!

The carame shortbread bars and chocolate covered caramel apples are my favorite.

Hmm...I don't remember seeing the caramel shortbread bars there. :scratchin I'll try to remember to look for them when I'm there during my upcoming trip.

Finally getting a chance to catch up on your wonderful reviews. :goodvibes

My favorite Karamel Kuche snack is the pineapple.

The pineapple is something I'd definitely like to try sometime. ::yes::

Oooh I love Karamell Kuche so I'm drooling over your photos. I have 2 favourites - the chocolate covered caramel and, because I'm greedy and it's enormous, the rice crispy cake :)

Oh, we love the chocolate covered caramels topped with sea salt. :cloud9: I prefer the milk chocolate ones and my DH likes the dark chocolate.

We had had lunch at San Angel Inn at 11:30, so by about 4:30 my son was hungry again and asking for food. Since our dinner reservation was not until 8:00, we decided to stop in at the Rose & Crown to see if we might be able to get a table on the pub side. After a short wait we were successful. :thumbsup2 Here are some pics of the Rose & Crown Pub menu...

Andrew ordered the English Chips (aka thick cut french fries)...

He said they weren't as crispy as he likes them, so only rated them a 3.

I can't find my receipt, but I believe Allison got a Black & Tan...

Black & Tan - Half Bass Ale and Half Guinness

Emily and I are not really beer drinkers so we went with this hard cider...

Cider & Black - Cider with a shot of Black Currant Juice

We both really liked this since it was pretty sweet and rated it a 5.

I also could not go to the Rose & Crown and not get my favorite...

Scotch Egg - Golden-fried Hard Boiled Egg wrapped in Sausage Meat, served with Mustard Sauce

We shared this and everyone liked it a lot, especially when dipped in the delicious sauce. Rating of 5! :thumbsup2

A great time was had by all. We played a game called Heads Up! and happily added a 5th player for a few rounds...

This is the Rose & Crown pub musician formerly known as the Hat Lady. We have enjoyed her music and wonderful sense of humor many times since we first discovered she played in the pub about 5 years ago. Before starting her sets she always tries to get to know her audience so that she can cleverly incorporate them into her songs. She is such a nice lady and her performances are so fun!
:goodvibes

Next up: My nephew's dinner at Restaurant Marakesh

Drooling over all of your caramel's. I'm like you and haven't been able to travel beyond my favorite salted caramel. Though I do wish the caramel was actually salted too, just because there can never be too much salt and sugar for me ; )

Looks like a fun time at Rose and Crown, but I'm always partial to beer, apps, and music. Hard to believe I've yet to go there.

And so glad you trip isn't over yet!!!!! Can't wait to hear what you saved for last.

We've never dined there but we do love the hat lady and drinking beer in the pub! I think I need to go back for the cider and the scotch egg :thumbsup2

I take home the caramel rice krispie treats from Karamel Kuche, they last for a few days...if we do not eat them faster!
Love Rose & Crown, such a fun place and the Scotch Egg is delicious!

The chocolate caramel pineapple has been on my list for a while, but every time I go I must get a huge bag of caramel popcorn. Yum!

I definitely need to check out R&C! Looks fantastic.

Drooling over all of your caramel's. I'm like you and haven't been able to travel beyond my favorite salted caramel. Though I do wish the caramel was actually salted too, just because there can never be too much salt and sugar for me ; )

Looks like a fun time at Rose and Crown, but I'm always partial to beer, apps, and music. Hard to believe I've yet to go there.

And so glad you trip isn't over yet!!!!! Can't wait to hear what you saved for last.

Hopefully I will have my final review posted and wrap this dining report up in the next few days since I leave for my next WDW trip on Friday. :eek:

We've never dined there but we do love the hat lady and drinking beer in the pub! I think I need to go back for the cider and the scotch egg :thumbsup2

I love the R & C pub...so many great memories were made there! :goodvibes

You HAVE to try the chocolate and caramel pineapple, it's amazing!!

It's definitely on my list. Hopefully I'll get to mark it off on my next trip, which begins in just 4 days!! :woohoo:

I take home the caramel rice krispie treats from Karamel Kuche, they last for a few days...if we do not eat them faster!
Love Rose & Crown, such a fun place and the Scotch Egg is delicious!

That's the great thing about the caramel candy that I take home from KK...they last for weeks, even months! As long as my DH doesn't find my hiding place. :thumbsup2 :laughing:

The chocolate caramel pineapple has been on my list for a while, but every time I go I must get a huge bag of caramel popcorn. Yum!

I definitely need to check out R&C! Looks fantastic.

Oh, I love the caramel popcorn too and always take home a large bag of it! It makes for a big bulge though in my carry on bag. ;)

cant wait to try one of those Scotch Eggs! great reviews and pictures

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

My nephew's last review from his July anniversary trip to WDW is from their dinner at one of Epcot's Moroccan restaurant's...

Home of the scantily clad belly dancer... ;)

Being on the Deluxe Dining Plan he and his wife ordered one of their three course dinners. My nephew had the Taste of Morocco Royal Feast which included this appetizer...

Jasmina Salad with Lettuce, Tomato, Olives and Feta Cheese in Mustard Vinaigrette and Seafood Bastilla (layers of thin pastry with grouper, shrimp, and mushrooms)

This entree...

Lemon Chicken (Braised Chicken seasoned with Green Olives and Preserved Lemon) and Roasted Lamb Meshoui (Roasted Lamb Shank in Natural Juices) served with Couscous with Seven Vegetables (Steamed Tiny Semolina Pasta with Seasoned Vegetables)

And Assorted Moroccan Pastries for dessert...

While his wife had the Taste of Morocco Marrakesh Feast which started with...

Harira Soup: A hearty soup with tomatoes, eggs, lentils, and beef and a Beef Brewat Roll: Layers of thin Pastry stuffed with seasoned minced beef, fried and sprinkled with cinnamon

Then for the entree...

Marrakesh Mix Grill: Tenderloin of Beef Shish Kebab, Lamb Merguez Sausage, and Marinated Chicken Kebab, served with fresh Herb-roasted Potatoes

And dessert was the same plate of assorted Moroccan pastries as shown previously.

His Comments: We both thought the food was fine but it kind of seemed like an introduction to Moroccan food for people who have never had it before. The dessert was the best part of the meal!

Next up: Our dinner at Spice Road Table

We have never eaten there. The majority of my family probably would not eat anything there but it does look good and I'd love to try some day. I can't say I've had anything Moroccan.

His Comments: We both thought the food was fine but it kind of seemed like an introduction to Moroccan food for people who have never had it before. The dessert was the best part of the meal!
I've never had Moroccan food and it looked like it might be an acceptable meal to try for the first time. :)

We have never eaten there. The majority of my family probably would not eat anything there but it does look good and I'd love to try some day. I can't say I've had anything Moroccan.

There are so many restaurant choices at Disney World that it is hard to get to all your favorites plus try some new places out too. We did get to try Spice Road Table for the first time on this trip so stay tuned for more Moroccan food. :thumbsup2

I've never had Moroccan food and it looked like it might be an acceptable meal to try for the first time. :)

I've only tried Moroccan food at WDW so I guess I'm a novice too when it comes to that kind of food. ;)

The final meal of our trip was at the other full-service Moroccan restaurant, Epcot's...

But before our dinner the girls each got a henna tattoo there at the Moroccan pavilion. Here is Allison's...

Our dinner reservation was for 7:50 but apparently that was too late to get one of the choice tables right next to the water, as they were all taken. However, we were seated just one table over so the view was still nice...

It wasn't too long before the sun went down and then our view was even prettier...

Emily and Andrew began our ordering with a signature cocktail, Emily's with alcohol and Andrew's without...

Tangier's Breeze with Peach Vodka, Midori, and Pineapple Juice ($10.99) & Moroccan Sunrise with Pineapple Juice, Strawberry and Orange Water ($6.99)

Both were good and rated a 4.

Then Allison and I ordered a couple of things to share from the Mediterranean small plates section of their menu ..

We chose the Fried Calamari and the Spicy Garlic Shrimp...

Fried Calamari with Spicy Harissa & Capers and sauces - $12.00

And a close up...

The calamari was excellent. I really liked the batter, it was light, crispy and perfectly seasoned. We both rated the calamari a 5.

Spicy Garlic Shrimp - Sauteed Shrimp with dried chiles and fried garlic $10.00

The garlic and spicy chili pepper flavors were pretty overwhelming. We rated the shrimp only a 3.

Allison and I also shared an entree from this part of the menu...

We chose the...

Lamb Sliders (three) served on brioche, with cucumber dill, mixed olives, and mint tzatziki sauce - $24

The brioche buns tasted a little stale. The sliders were pretty dry (could have used more tzatziki sauce) and definitely not worth $8 each IMO. :sad2: I rated them only a 2 and Allison gave them a 3.

For her entree, Emily ordered the...

Coriander Crusted Rack of Lamb with Basmati Rice, Roasted Tomatoes and Zucchini - $30

She said the lamb chops were okay (she rated them a 3) but not nearly as good as the lamb chops she had earlier in the trip at Kona Cafe (which were rated a 5).

And that leaves Andrew, who ordered this entree...

Mixed Grill Skewers - Beef and Chicken Skewers with garlic and fresh herbs and served with Rosemary Potatoes - $28

He said this was good and enjoyed both of the meats as well as the potatoes. He gave this entree a rating of 4.

Illuminations was about to begin so we quickly ordered two out of their three dessert options...

Allison and I shared the Assorted Baklava...

The classic baklava was very good, the other two were not so good. The classic one rates a 5 and the other two only a 2 for an overall average of 3.

Andrew and Emily picked the winner dessert to share...

They both really liked the Chocolate Pyramid with almond ice cream and gave it a rating of 5. I believe this was chocolate mousse on the outside with a liquid white chocolate center.

Shortly after our desserts were delivered to the table, the show began...

This made for a very nice ending to our trip. Once Illuminations was over and our desserts were finished it was time to leave Epcot and begin our long drive home to Illinois. Why does the ride home always seem much longer than the ride to Disney World? :confused3

Next up: The Wrap up with our trip favorites

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter