You just graduated from college!! What's next? 5/13 - 5/21 THAT'S A WRAP!

That is why I will never ever go to CRT, it sounds like the food is blah.

On our Hollywood Studios day, breakfast for Emily and me was from...

Here are some of the many things which we had to choose from that morning, starting with these muffins...

Turnovers, both cherry and apple-raisin...

Next the danish, which came in three varieties here, apple, cherry, and cream cheese...

Then of course, there were assorted bagels...

Chocolate and plain croissants...

Cinnamon rolls...

Chocolate chip cookies...

Eclairs...

Strawberry parfaits...

Fruit tarts...

Starring Rolls version of the Napoleon...

Tiramisu and Banana Split desserts...

And two of their signature cupcakes, Red Velvet...

...and Butterfinger.

And since we were there in May, it was Star Wars time for DHS. Therefore Starring Rolls had these Star Wars themed chocolate cupcakes too...

Starring Rolls had more to offer, but when other customers entered the line behind us I quit taking photos and proceeded to the check out station to purchase our pastries. ;)

So what did we choose??? :scratchin

One of Emily's favorite breakfast pastries is the chocolate croissant and it seems like they are always very good at Disney World. :thumbsup2

This one was no exception. She thoroughly enjoyed her chocolate croissant.

I also really liked my choice...

IMO, some of the best cheese danish can be found at Disney World. So moist and delicious! :thumbsup2

So what is your favorite at Starring Rolls Cafe???

Next up: Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe

Last edited:
Everything at Kona looks fantastic! It is one of our favorites and I am bummed that we can't fit it in on our upcoming trip. That bread is insanely good; it looks like nothing special, but it is one of my favorite foods on property.

Great choices at Starring Rolls! I've enjoyed every chocolate croissant that I have eaten at Disney but haven't gotten around to trying a cheese danish yet. The Star Wars cupcakes look delicious, but I am surprised that they made all of them chocolate. I love chocolate, so no complaints here, but not everyone loves chocolate.

Your Kona meal looked great, we love it there. I can never miss the pressed pot coffee not matter what meal it is there! Trader Sam's looks good too!

We just discovered Starring Rolls last Feb. I went w/ the cherry danish! It WAS delish.
Well, I have been catching up on your DR in between my house chores today & I have enjoyed the read very much! That banana split @ The Plaza is my favorite thing there. Wow is that good! Trader Sam's looks like our kind of atmosphere & the menu-yum! Tambu was just about our favorite place to get a drink, is that the same location? Oh! & the outdoor live music is SUCH a nice touch! It looks lovely & well worth the pricey cocktails.

We were pleasantly surprised by how good Kona Cafe was for dinner! :thumbsup2

Oh, I really hope you and Jay do make it to F & W next year and that our trips overlap. As of now, I'm planning to go again whenever they have the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic. ;)

Sounds like a plan! We need to go more towards the end of October, early November so hopefully it will be late again next week. I definitely want to hit a Halloween party as I have never been to one so hopefully all with overlap!

YUM! Your Kona meal looks so good! We have breakfast plans there but now I want to try dinner as well.

I do love those chocolate croissants. Good pick Emily. ;) Although I think next time I want to try the Butterfinger cupcake.

Your dinner at Kona looked good. I ate dinner there back in 2002 when my sisters and I stayed at the Polynesian. I didn't care for the atmosphere of the restaurant. I think I like cozy restaurants with walls and ceilings. ;)

I have never been to Starring Rolls and never really knew anything about it until the Dis. The cheery danish would be my breakfast choice and the fruit tart would be for dessert. They both look delicious.

That is why I will never ever go to CRT, it sounds like the food is blah.

You know what they say Lori, "Never say never." :laughing:

Everything at Kona looks fantastic! It is one of our favorites and I am bummed that we can't fit it in on our upcoming trip. That bread is insanely good; it looks like nothing special, but it is one of my favorite foods on property.

Great choices at Starring Rolls! I've enjoyed every chocolate croissant that I have eaten at Disney but haven't gotten around to trying a cheese danish yet. The Star Wars cupcakes look delicious, but I am surprised that they made all of them chocolate. I love chocolate, so no complaints here, but not everyone loves chocolate.

Yes, I was surprised too when reviewing my photos that all of the Star Wars themed cupcakes were chocolate. Perhaps though I didn't get them all photographed, since it was about this time that I had to quit. :confused3

Your Kona meal looked great, we love it there. I can never miss the pressed pot coffee not matter what meal it is there! Trader Sam's looks good too!

That's a great tip for next time. A pressed pot of coffee for Allison and me (the other two don't drink coffee) would have been great with our desserts. :thumbsup2

Oh my those desserts look amazing!

Not sure if you are referring to our desserts at Kona, or the ones in the display cases at Starring Rolls. But regardless of which, I agree! ::yes::

We just discovered Starring Rolls last Feb. I went w/ the cherry danish! It WAS delish.
Well, I have been catching up on your DR in between my house chores today & I have enjoyed the read very much! That banana split @ The Plaza is my favorite thing there. Wow is that good! Trader Sam's looks like our kind of atmosphere & the menu-yum! Tambu was just about our favorite place to get a drink, is that the same location? Oh! & the outdoor live music is SUCH a nice touch! It looks lovely & well worth the pricey cocktails.

The Tambu Lounge is still located on the 2nd floor at the Poly, next to 'Ohana. They still have their own drink and appetizer menu, including the Lapu Lapu. The new Sam's Grotto is actually on the 1st floor, down the hallway from the lobby. From what I could tell, their menus were completely different from Tambu's.

Sounds like a plan! We need to go more towards the end of October, early November so hopefully it will be late again next week. I definitely want to hit a Halloween party as I have never been to one so hopefully all with overlap!

That would be so great if it worked out that we are there at the same time. I heard on Facebook that Paula and Hunter are planning a WDW trip next fall too. Add in Brenda, Linda, etc. and maybe we could have a Disney Dining Divas reunion. :cheer2:

YUM! Your Kona meal looks so good! We have breakfast plans there but now I want to try dinner as well.

I do love those chocolate croissants. Good pick Emily. ;) Although I think next time I want to try the Butterfinger cupcake.

While I still prefer breakfast at Kona, I have to admit that dinner there was pretty darn good. ;)

Your dinner at Kona looked good. I ate dinner there back in 2002 when my sisters and I stayed at the Polynesian. I didn't care for the atmosphere of the restaurant. I think I like cozy restaurants with walls and ceilings. ;)

I have never been to Starring Rolls and never really knew anything about it until the Dis. The cheery danish would be my breakfast choice and the fruit tart would be for dessert. They both look delicious.

I know exactly what you mean about Kona. We were seated at a perimeter table with the outside hallway (where people were waiting to be seated) right next to us. Felt kind of like eating in a fish bowl. ;)

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, those cupcakes look so good. I am always too full to get them when we are there. I need to take them home!

Next up on our dining schedule was lunch at Hollywood Studios'...

Being a party of 4 we got to sit at one of their t.v. tables...

Here are photos of the menu we were presented...

I never pass up the opportunity to order a Vanilla Coke (Coke with real vanilla syrup), so I began my ordering with this..

And we are all big fans of the Peanut Butter & Jelly milkshake here so we ordered two of these to share...

The PB&J milkshake was unanimously given a rating of 5.

Four enthusiastic thumbs up! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

As for our entrees, I went with my usual PTC favorite...

Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy, and Seasonal Vegetables (which was corn on the cob)

And as usual, the chicken was very good. I was surprised that they were no longer serving collard greens with this, which is no great loss. ;) The collard greens were edible since they usually had a lot of bacon with them, but nothing to write home about. However, I'm very picky about my corn on the cob, only really like it when it is young, tender and pretty fresh out of our sweet corn patch. So one bite of this was more than enough for me. As for the mashed potatoes, they are ok. So while I would rate the fried chicken a 5, the entire entree including sides only gets a 4. Just one more thing to add about this, I really wish they would cut down the portion size and only serve one chicken breast instead of two. When sharing this entree it is the perfect size for two, but this time no one else wanted chicken so an entire chicken breast was left untouched. Such a shame. :guilty:

No chicken for the kids, so what did they want? :scratchin

Andrew's choice was the...

Mom's Old-fashioned Pot Roast - Slow-cooked 'til fork tender served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Brown Gravy, Carrots, Celery, and Onions

He rated both this pot roast dish and the similar one he had at Liberty Tree Tavern a few days earlier a 4. However, if forced to choose, he said the pot roast at LTT was slightly better.

And that just leaves the girls, who both wanted the pork chop. Allison ordered it exactly as it was listed on the menu...

Dad's Stuffed Pork Chop - stuffed with Gouda Cheese, Apples, and Herbs, served with Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, and Demi-glace Drizzle

While Emily substituted the potatoes and carrots for Macaroni & Cheese...

Both girls liked the pork chop and rated it a 4. Allison also gave the roasted potatoes and carrots a rating of 4. However, Emily said the macaroni and cheese was pretty bad and rated it only a 2. This from a girl who loves most all mac & cheese, from Kraft to gourmet...so beware!! ;)

Since the milkshakes had satisfied our need for something sweet plus we were all pretty full, there was no dessert for us this time. We didn't even ask to see a dessert menu, so I don't know if it is still viewed with a View Master...

Photo from March 2013

I've heard though that the S'mores dessert, which was once a family favorite is no longer on their menu... :eek:

Can anyone here confirm that this is true? :confused3

Next up: My nephew's dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby

Love 50s Prime Time - my daughter will be distraught if that S'mores dessert is gone!!!

What! You went to 50s PTC and didn't get the fried boursin cheese. That's just crazy! I always enjoy 50s although last time we had the worst server ever.

Had to go and look on the WDW website. The S'mores dessert is not on the menu there :sad1::scared1:

I love 50's Prime Time. I had the fired chicken when I ate there in January as well. Our "cousin" let me change the side of collard greens to corn which was great. She was also hilarious. I would definitely go back again. That s'mores dessert looks great, I didn't know they had that. I had the brownie sundae when I was there.

Your dinner at Kona looks great. What a find!!!! And here I only thought they served breakfast ; )

Totally drooling over your mgm food. Everything at starring rolls looks divine. And that chicken, yum!!!!! Hoped to try it on our last trip but the hubby called and audible for SciFi instead. One of these days......

No S'mores dessert when we were there in August. Our waiter told us it was taken off the menu the week before our trip. And no view finder either.

I definitely missed the collard greens. I loved them!

And love the idea of a Dis Diva Trip #2 next year!

Oh my goodness, those cupcakes look so good. I am always too full to get them when we are there. I need to take them home!

I agree! :thumbsup2

Love 50s Prime Time - my daughter will be distraught if that S'mores dessert is gone!!!

Had to go and look on the WDW website. The S'mores dessert is not on the menu there :sad1::scared1:

Oh my, the rumor could be true then. :sad2:

What! You went to 50s PTC and didn't get the fried boursin cheese. That's just crazy! I always enjoy 50s although last time we had the worst server ever.

Ahh yes, I love that too. But the kids didn't want to share entrees so no appetizer. :worried:

I love 50's Prime Time. I had the fired chicken when I ate there in January as well. Our "cousin" let me change the side of collard greens to corn which was great. She was also hilarious. I would definitely go back again. That s'mores dessert looks great, I didn't know they had that. I had the brownie sundae when I was there.

Sadly, it seems that the s'mores dessert is gone. :sad1:

Your dinner at Kona looks great. What a find!!!! And here I only thought they served breakfast ; )

Totally drooling over your mgm food. Everything at starring rolls looks divine. And that chicken, yum!!!!! Hoped to try it on our last trip but the hubby called and audible for SciFi instead. One of these days......

I haven't been to Sci-Fi for more than 5 years, as I much prefer the food at PTC. However, on my next trip I'm going to give their new breakfast a try. Maybe if breakfast there turns out to be a winner, then you could compromise and have breakfast at Sci-Fi and lunch or dinner at Prime Time. ;)

No S'mores dessert when we were there in August. Our waiter told us it was taken off the menu the week before our trip. And no view finder either.

I definitely missed the collard greens. I loved them!

And love the idea of a Dis Diva Trip #2 next year!

No s'mores and no View Master...how sad. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter