Yes, We're Satisfied With Our Care! October 2015 TR **NEW 8/21 Final Thoughts

I loved reading about Splitsville! I never hear too many details about it but it sounds like you had a great time. The early bird pricing is great and it's really cool that the bumper guards would automatically rise out of the gutters! And the food sounds good too! Fun morning!!

we thought what better way to introduce him to his first time bowling than to take him to Splitsville!
Sound logic. ::yes::

Since we were there early in the day, we got early bird pricing, which was $12 for adults and $8 for kids. Not expensive at all, especially considering it’s Disney! For that price, you get 75 minutes to bowl as many games as you can in that time frame.
Good to know about the early bird pricing. Will have to keep in mind if we get there sometime.

With DS, we got a ramp for him to help him bowl. And our lane was programmed that when it was his turn to bowl, metal bumpers would rise up from the gutters, and then they would go back down when it was DH’s or my turn.
That's awesome!

Obviously, it took me a little while to get the hang of bowling after not doing it for years.
I was looking at your pics and realizing it's been a LONG time since I've bowled too. Our first date was actually bowling, but that was like 12 years ago! :faint:

DS actually beat me by one point! Lol
:rotfl2: Well, he did have a little help from those magical bumpers.

Fun morning!

Wow, good to know about Splitsville. The pricing is less than our local bowling alley, that is crazy! And what fun having the Disney touch, esp on the balls! Aria would have a blast doing that. I think it's funny you took Paxton there for his first bowling time, and I took Aria to the bowling place at Universal for her first time!

How nice you can also get food served as well, and Delilah was fine too.

BTW how is she doing now? is she about 7 months old now? How is she doing on solids? Is she crawling? I feel like Maya is never going to roll over - she has ZERO interest in doing it (and hates tummy time). I don't plan to start solids until 6 months but we'll see how she is doing.

What better place to have your first bowling experience than at Disney! The early bird pricing sounds like a good deal, and you guys really got your money's worth playing a little over 3 games! Those bowling balls are so darn cute! I'm glad you all had a good time there :)

Hmmm...probably the closest I'll ever get to Splitsville. No real desire to go bowling at WDW.

Wanted to comment on your previous post. I haven't ridden Cat in the Hat since 2000 - but I remember it as being very, very spinny, like surprisingly so. So, perhaps they DID tone it down recently.

I loved reading about Splitsville! I never hear too many details about it but it sounds like you had a great time. The early bird pricing is great and it's really cool that the bumper guards would automatically rise out of the gutters! And the food sounds good too! Fun morning!!

I didn't know a whole lot about it going in either because you don't really see it pop up in a lot of TRs. We were so glad we did it! It ended up being a lot of fun and much cheaper than I was expecting. The ramp and bumpers made it really great for DS and how can you go wrong with Mickey Mouse on the bowling balls?!

Sound logic. ::yes::

Good to know about the early bird pricing. Will have to keep in mind if we get there sometime.

That's awesome!

I was looking at your pics and realizing it's been a LONG time since I've bowled too. Our first date was actually bowling, but that was like 12 years ago! :faint:

:rotfl2: Well, he did have a little help from those magical bumpers.

Fun morning!

The price was so much cheaper than we would have thought. It's really on par with our local bowling alley! And going early without a ton of other people was really nice because we didn't feel like DS was bothering anyone and we weren't on top of anyone else.

Before this I don't think I had bowled since DH and I were dating!

Absolutely. I contribute it entirely to the bumpers lol

Wow, good to know about Splitsville. The pricing is less than our local bowling alley, that is crazy! And what fun having the Disney touch, esp on the balls! Aria would have a blast doing that. I think it's funny you took Paxton there for his first bowling time, and I took Aria to the bowling place at Universal for her first time!

How nice you can also get food served as well, and Delilah was fine too.

BTW how is she doing now? is she about 7 months old now? How is she doing on solids? Is she crawling? I feel like Maya is never going to roll over - she has ZERO interest in doing it (and hates tummy time). I don't plan to start solids until 6 months but we'll see how she is doing.

I was really surprised at the price! So cheap, especially considering its in Disney!! I never thought about the bowling at universal. That might be fun to try next time!

Yes she is 7 months already!! So hard to believe! She is doing great on solids! I didn't start until 6 months really either, maybe a couple weeks before. With Paxton I was ready to start everything as soon as the pediatrician said I could, but I find with knowing she's my last one, I don't want to rush!! Lol no crawling yet, just kind of spinning around on her belly when she wants something out of reach. She HATED being on her belly for the longest time, she is just now getting used to it. She completely skipped over rolling from belly to back and has only ever done back to belly! In fact, she has still never rolled over from her belly, even when she would get herself there in the first place and then get mad about it! Lmao

How is Maya doing with your new diet? I hope she is better & happier now. It's so tough to see them so miserable!!

What better place to have your first bowling experience than at Disney! The early bird pricing sounds like a good deal, and you guys really got your money's worth playing a little over 3 games! Those bowling balls are so darn cute! I'm glad you all had a good time there :)

That's exactly what we thought! Paxton really loved it, and we all had a great time. It was a nice way to spend a day that we didn't have park tickets.

Hmmm...probably the closest I'll ever get to Splitsville. No real desire to go bowling at WDW.

Wanted to comment on your previous post. I haven't ridden Cat in the Hat since 2000 - but I remember it as being very, very spinny, like surprisingly so. So, perhaps they DID tone it down recently.

I had been interested before but not enough to plan time there. Until Paxton kept asking to bowl and we needed something to do before the Halloween party since we didn't want to use our tickets yet, so the stars aligned that day.

I really think they did because I remember back in the day, it was to the point of obnoxious with the spinning!! Both DH and I commented that it seemed not as bad this time.

We were not in a rush to get ready since we weren’t planning to leave until 10 am for our destination for the day. The activities for this day were a total surprise for DS. He had been asking and asking at home to go bowling, so when we were looking for something to do for the day so as not to use a day on our Disney tickets before heading to MNSSHP that night, we thought what better way to introduce him to his first time bowling than to take him to Splitsville! It was a first time for all of us to visit there, so DH and I were pretty excited to try it out as well.
Great idea! I think Splitsville looks like a lot of fun, but I just have a hard tim

With DS, we got a ramp for him to help him bowl. And our lane was programmed that when it was his turn to bowl, metal bumpers would rise up from the gutters, and then they would go back down when it was DH’s or my turn.
Cool! I've never played someplace where the bumpers can be changed from one bowler to the next. Although, truthfully, sometimes it is nice to have them there.

In that last picture, you can get an idea of how the tables are in relation to the lanes. The booth behind DS is actually for the lane next to us, but we had an identical one behind our lane. While we were bowling, we decided to order some lunch. DS got a kids pizza, and DH and I both got burgers. It was really good food!
It all looks really good.

Obviously, it took me a little while to get the hang of bowling after not doing it for years. DS actually beat me by one point! Lol
Maybe you could have used those bumpers. See what I mean? :rolleyes1

We didn’t have any time to shop any more while at Disney Springs because we wanted to get back for the kids to take good naps before the Halloween Party that night, so we headed back to the car to go back to Bonnet Creek. Once we got back, DS went right down for a nap, and I got DD to sleep soon after. I was able to take a little nap too while DH made another grocery run. We wanted to get plenty of rest because we had a busy night ahead of us!
It really seems like this was a great idea and a good way for everyone to have some fun and burn some energy on a rest day. I hope everyone napped well and was ready for the party.

Just now getting caught up with your TR after being away from the DIS for a month! I'm glad you liked Splitsville. DW and I stopped there this past December to get something to eat. They actually have pretty decent sushi there...at a bowling alley!! :confused3 Who knew?

Great update on Universal/IoA! We are going there May, 2017 and I can't wait! It looks like I might have to try and schedule a trip for HHN too...if for no other reason than to see Jack and his "helpers"! :rotfl2:

It's too bad that Diagon Alley was such a disappointment to you all and you didn't bother spending any time there ;)

Thanks for the coverage of HHN ... might be something I'd want to check out once but not really my thing - but seems like they do a great job with it!

Glad despite the mix up you still got on Gringott's with minimal wait! and also glad all the effects were working!

I basically know nothing about the wands other than that they exist and there is this ceremony when you pick one out ... so just curious why you were down on Ginny's wand :confused3

That's great that TM thought of having you eat outside with the stroller - glad that worked out for you - and also happy you remembered the single rider line!

Seems like you fit a lot in your time at Universal! It's been forever since I have been there (no Harry Potter stuff was there yet) but I do remember absolutely loving The Mummy - so glad you got on that!

I will probably pester you with tons of questions about Bonnet Creek before our trip in July - my biggest question now is what tower to request and what floor, etc.

Splitsville looks really fun and those prices aren't bad at all! Glad DS enjoyed it!

Cool! I've never played someplace where the bumpers can be changed from one bowler to the next. Although, truthfully, sometimes it is nice to have them there.

I have never seen that either! Only places where it's all or nothing with the bumpers, so it was pretty cool that they just popped up when it was time for DS to bowl.

Maybe you could have used those bumpers. See what I mean? :rolleyes1

I commented to DH more than once that I should have asked them to put the bumpers up on my turns too. :rotfl2:

It really seems like this was a great idea and a good way for everyone to have some fun and burn some energy on a rest day. I hope everyone napped well and was ready for the party.

It was a perfect way to spend the morning since we didn't want to activate our tickets yet. We didn't want to sit around the room but we also didn't want to get worn out at a park all morning and be too tired for the party!

Just now getting caught up with your TR after being away from the DIS for a month! I'm glad you liked Splitsville. DW and I stopped there this past December to get something to eat. They actually have pretty decent sushi there...at a bowling alley!! :confused3 Who knew?

Great update on Universal/IoA! We are going there May, 2017 and I can't wait! It looks like I might have to try and schedule a trip for HHN too...if for no other reason than to see Jack and his "helpers"! :rotfl2:

Welcome back!

I was so surprised at how good the food was for a bowling alley!! We don't eat sushi but I have heard good reviews of it elsewhere. Who would have thought, right?!

I have always enjoyed Universal, but they have REALLY stepped up their game since the first Wizarding World, and now I'm just in love with it. Haha I'm really surprised you are the first to mention Jack's "lovely" assistants!! lol

It's too bad that Diagon Alley was such a disappointment to you all and you didn't bother spending any time there ;)

Thanks for the coverage of HHN ... might be something I'd want to check out once but not really my thing - but seems like they do a great job with it!

Glad despite the mix up you still got on Gringott's with minimal wait! and also glad all the effects were working!

I basically know nothing about the wands other than that they exist and there is this ceremony when you pick one out ... so just curious why you were down on Ginny's wand :confused3

That's great that TM thought of having you eat outside with the stroller - glad that worked out for you - and also happy you remembered the single rider line!

Seems like you fit a lot in your time at Universal! It's been forever since I have been there (no Harry Potter stuff was there yet) but I do remember absolutely loving The Mummy - so glad you got on that!

I will probably pester you with tons of questions about Bonnet Creek before our trip in July - my biggest question now is what tower to request and what floor, etc.

Splitsville looks really fun and those prices aren't bad at all! Glad DS enjoyed it!

Ha! I know, right?! Just a pass through here & there...

While I can appreciate the great job they do putting together HHN, it's just a little too well done & SCARY for me! I'll take my Halloween events with "Not So Scary" in the title instead.

It's not so much being "down" on Ginny's wand, just that she is a pretty minor character overall so if we are spending the money on one, we'd rather a main character with a more distinct wand like Harry, Voldemort, Dumbledore, etc.

Now that little patio is like our go-to spot when the weather is nice. It's a beautiful little place to eat lunch, and it's away from the business of the rest of the park.

We really did accomplish a lot at Universal, which was definitely made easier by the unlimited express pass. For right now while we have to trade off riding 99% of the attractions, it's really the only way we could do Universal.

No worries, I'm happy to let people pick my brain about Bonnet Creek! We have stayed in probably most of the towers and never really had a bad location. I did really enjoy tower 2 in October as it seemed overall quieter than some of the other towers we have stayed in. I really liked the time we stayed in the main building (where check in is) because even though we couldn't get a fireworks view room, we were able to go up to one of the show units at night to watch Illuminations from the balcony and we were close to the pool, which was good that particular trip as we had pool time planned. DH did point out that trip that parking in that building was an issue, though. Have you checked out the huge threads on Bonnet Creek over on the "Orlando Resorts" boards? Lots of pictures and helpful information!!

Splitsville was a hidden gem. So glad DS had been asking to bowl leading up to the trip, prompting us to look into it for our party day!

Day 4 Continued: Tuesday October 20th

We got up at 3 pm to start getting ready. I wasn’t going in costume just because I knew I would be wearing DD in the carrier most of the night so whatever I wore wouldn’t be visible anyway. DH and DS were in full costume. DD was dressed in her black cat onesie and we brought her costume with us to put on once at the park for pictures. I was a little bummed to see on Facebook as we were getting ready that our party was sold out. Our first party in 2013 had been on a Sunday night that wasn’t sold out, and it was SO perfect. I was a little nervous that it might prevent us from having a good time, but there was nothing that could be done about it now!

It was about 4 pm when we left Bonnet Creek to drive to the TTC. The monorail had been breaking down a lot just before our trip, with one breakdown leaving people stranded on the monorail for over 2 hours! So we were a little too nervous about taking it considering we had spent so much money on tickets and didn’t want to miss any more of the party night. Instead, we went down to catch the ferry over to the MK.

Oct 04-028
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Oct 04-029
Maybe next time, Monorail

Oct 04-030
The ferry platform doesn’t lack beautiful views, though!

Oct 04-031

Oct 04-032

Oct 04-033

Oct 04-034
There’s DS…Can you tell what his costume is??

It was nearly 5 pm before we entered the park, so we couldn’t get a photo with the pumpkins at the end of Main Street because they were getting ready to do the flag retreat ceremony. However, I was still SO excited to see the Magic Kingdom all dressed up for Halloween! I absolutely love Magic Kingdom at this time of year.

Oct 04-035

Oct 04-036

Now for the costume reveal, and the inspiration for the title of this TR…

Oct 04-037

Big Hero 6! DS had picked Baymax as his costume choice, and DH took that idea and ran with it by putting together a Yokai costume. He borrowed the black trench coat from someone to bring, and bought the mask online, painting the design on himself.

DD didn’t fit in to the theme, but I had found this cute pumpkin costume well before we had found the Baymax one for DS, so that’s what we went with.

A few Photopass versions…

We moved up Main Street and tried to get away from that area of the park as quickly as possible because it was so congested there with people coming in for the party and others leaving for the day. Taking the left hand path around the Castle, we made our way to Fantasyland to use our FP+ for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. For the longest time in planning the trip, I hadn’t realized that we could buy our MNSSHP tickets online and make FP+ for between 4 and 7 pm until the party started. As soon as I read that on Facebook, I bought our tickets. We were already well within the 30 days, so pickings were slim at that point. I ended up making a throwaway for Small World from 2:35-3:35 pm only because there was really nothing else available from 4-7. I also got Buzz Lightyear from 3:35-4:35 pm hoping we would make it in time to use it, but obviously, we hadn’t. So all we were able to use was Winnie the Pooh from 4:35-5:35 pm.

Oct 04-039

Oct 04-040

Oct 04-041
DD’s first official Disney ride!!

Oct 04-042

Oct 04-043

Oct 04-044

Oct 04-045

Oct 04-046

Oct 04-047

Oct 04-048

Oct 04-049

Oct 04-050
Next, DS wanted to ride the Mad Tea Party. I wasn’t comfortable taking DD on that, so DH and DS went on it together.

Nope, he didn’t enjoy himself at all! Lol

After that, DH and I traded kids and I took DS on the Tomorrowland Speedway. It was only a 10 minute wait so it wasn’t long before we were on.

Oct 04-055

Untitled
by disneymom1024, on Flickr​

After our few rides, we were ready to focus on the party. Since it wasn’t quite 7 yet, we wanted to get some dinner first so that once the party started we wouldn’t have to stop for food. Since we were right there, we had dinner at Cosmic Ray’s. I multitasked and ate my meal while feeding DD, which was something I actually ended up doing several times throughout the trip. Once our bellies were full, we headed out to our first party activity, one that DS had requested...a character meet!

UP NEXT: Seeing Double

Just found your trip report! Following along now! :)

DD is just adorable in her pumpkin costume! Love the photo pass picture of just you and her, too cute. And DS is the cutest, always looking like he's having a blast! Loving the costumes!

It was nearly 5 pm before we entered the park, so we couldn’t get a photo with the pumpkins at the end of Main Street because they were getting ready to do the flag retreat ceremony. However, I was still SO excited to see the Magic Kingdom all dressed up for Halloween! I absolutely love Magic Kingdom at this time of year.
::yes:: I love seeing pictures of it. I can only imagine how incredible it is to see it all in person. As much as I love the Christmas decorations on Main Street, it looks like the fall decorations are just as good or maybe even a little better.

Now for the costume reveal, and the inspiration for the title of this TR…
Awesome costumes!!!

Too bad your DH wouldn't be allowed to wear that costume anymore. It was really a great idea!

DD didn’t fit in to the theme, but I had found this cute pumpkin costume well before we had found the Baymax one for DS, so that’s what we went with.
Cute pumpkin costumes always work for the baby, regardless of theme.

After our few rides, we were ready to focus on the party. Since it wasn’t quite 7 yet, we wanted to get some dinner first so that once the party started we wouldn’t have to stop for food.
Great idea! Always nice to enjoy a few rides and then get dinner before the party starts.

I love the views on the ferryboat, so pretty!

I absolutely love DS and Dh's costumes! And DD looks cute as a button in her pumpkin outfit!

DS looks SO happy on the tea cups, I love it.

No worries, I'm happy to let people pick my brain about Bonnet Creek! We have stayed in probably most of the towers and never really had a bad location. I did really enjoy tower 2 in October as it seemed overall quieter than some of the other towers we have stayed in. I really liked the time we stayed in the main building (where check in is) because even though we couldn't get a fireworks view room, we were able to go up to one of the show units at night to watch Illuminations from the balcony and we were close to the pool, which was good that particular trip as we had pool time planned. DH did point out that trip that parking in that building was an issue, though. Have you checked out the huge threads on Bonnet Creek over on the "Orlando Resorts" boards? Lots of pictures and helpful information!!

I have and it was very helpful - but almost too much info in there at this point - and was hard to find in a concise place what tower people recommended so that seems to be the one question I am asking people I know that have stayed there

thanks for the input!

great costumes! That really must be a bit hectic on Main St with people coming in and others having to head out at that time of the day.

You know, I would never have thought about getting FP+ for when you only have party tickets but it makes sense ... good to know if we ever do a party :thumbsup2

nope, DS definitely did not enjoy the tea cups! ;)

Just found your trip report! Following along now! :)

DD is just adorable in her pumpkin costume! Love the photo pass picture of just you and her, too cute. And DS is the cutest, always looking like he's having a blast! Loving the costumes!

Welcome along!

Thank you! I loved that picture too. The photographer really took a liking to her!

::yes:: I love seeing pictures of it. I can only imagine how incredible it is to see it all in person. As much as I love the Christmas decorations on Main Street, it looks like the fall decorations are just as good or maybe even a little better.

Awesome costumes!!!

Too bad your DH wouldn't be allowed to wear that costume anymore. It was really a great idea!

Cute pumpkin costumes always work for the baby, regardless of theme.

Great idea! Always nice to enjoy a few rides and then get dinner before the party starts.

The Halloween decorations are so fun! I have been in love with it since the first time we saw it on our honeymoon. Before that, I had never been as "into" the Disney parks as I am now, so I didn't even know they decorated the parks for holidays! We had only ever been in the spring.

Thanks! DH said the same thing when we heard the new costume rules. I'm glad we were able to pull off those costumes before the change. It's definitely a bummer, since dressing up for the party is half the fun! I hated missing out on it myself but it just didn't seem practical since I'd be carrying DD most of the night.

Totally agree on the baby costumes. A pumpkin just seemed like to perfect go-to costume for her!

It was nice to have some pre-party time to enjoy a few rides since that wouldn't be the focus of our party time.

I love the views on the ferryboat, so pretty!

I absolutely love DS and Dh's costumes! And DD looks cute as a button in her pumpkin outfit!

DS looks SO happy on the tea cups, I love it.

While the ferry is not my favorite means of transportation to the MK gates because of how slow it can be, it's definitely a pretty ride over!

Thanks!! I was disappointed that I couldn't dress up but it wasn't really practical since I'd be carrying DD all night. But it was fun to help plan their costumes with them!

I love those pics too!

Your DD looks so cute in her pumpkin costume :goodvibes

Thank you!!

I have and it was very helpful - but almost too much info in there at this point - and was hard to find in a concise place what tower people recommended so that seems to be the one question I am asking people I know that have stayed there

thanks for the input!

Yeah, I can imagine. They have gotten so huge that they can get pretty overwhelming!! I will say that I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the towers. I have never had a stay that stands out as being a "bad" location!

great costumes! That really must be a bit hectic on Main St with people coming in and others having to head out at that time of the day.

You know, I would never have thought about getting FP+ for when you only have party tickets but it makes sense ... good to know if we ever do a party :thumbsup2

nope, DS definitely did not enjoy the tea cups! ;)

Thanks!

That transition time really does congest Main Street quite a bit. After taking some pictures, it's best to get the heck outta there!

I didn't think of it either! So thankful for Facebook planning groups and Missy! I think she was the one that let me know that. Even though I didn't get to maximize our pre-party time with 3 FP+ selections since the pickings were slim by that time, it is good to know for upcoming trips.

Right?! Love the pure joy on his face!

Last edited:
MNSSHP time! I love seeing Main Street all decked out for Halloween!

I love DS's costume! And he looks just so happy on the tea cups!

DD is way cute in the pictures from Winnie the Pooh. She's like "what in the world are we doing now??" :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter