• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yay! Free dining pin!

Was it free ddp or qsdp with the mods?

When I got the fdpin code for last June they were only offering free qsdp at the mods. I've heard that changes when it is general public.

When I called yesterday, I was told it was free qsdp at values only (but I could pay to upgrade it to ddp), so I booked it. I got the e-mail about the PIN later that day so I called this morning to see if I could apply it (not knowing I already had since this didn't say it was only qsdp) and I was able to get the ddp free at a mod.

There was a RO offer in the PIN e-mail which matches the general public, but this is clearly a PIN versus general offer only because I had to give my PIN to get it as well as my address. It just might have been sent to a lot of the general public (my parents got it as well).

I got it too!! Took my S/P/D rate of $2800 to $2300 so I am thrilled to pieces!

This will be our 4th time there on our actual birthdays and Mardi Gras vacation so only miss 2 days of school :goodvibes

Good luck to all hoping for pins!!

Question my email is full of junk and I don't want to go thru it all, is it from Disney destinations or Disney parks?

The name is Disney Destinations. Here's the name and actual email on what I received:
Disney Destinations <vacation@registration.disneyworld.com>

I'm still holding onto hope of maybe getting one for October 2013! to those of you who have received this one, were there any resort restrictions? We really hope to stay at AoA, but I'm worried that it will be excluded from any promos.

AoA family suites are included, LM rooms are not.

We rec'd the PIN and booked our package yesterday.

Now friends are thinking of coming with us. Am I able to book a room for them with my code? Or would one of us have to stay in a room with them. (Which is definately not going to happen .... LOL)

I just got one for 35% off. It doesn't say anything about free dining :(. This pin is just like the GP offer...

My daughter got a pin for FD thru March and 35% off thru Sept. I called to see if there was a code under my name and address and the CM said I had no offers. :( We needed the one for Aug.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Now friends are thinking of coming with us. Am I able to book a room for them with my code? Or would one of us have to stay in a room with them. (Which is definately not going to happen .... LOL)

Can't hurt to call and ask, but I think the PIN discount requires the person with the PIN to be on the reservation/in the room. But this is just a guess, no experience here.

Are people receiving pins who already have a current reservation, or are pins only going to people who haven't booked yet?

In the past I have been allowed to book up to 3 rooms with a pin code. I called and booked all three rooms myself. Couldn't just give the friends the pin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter