• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Y'all want another live video review trip??

YAY! That's awesome! I have found with most reviews that Your Mileage May Vary. I've seen bad reviews at Chefs but we have never had that issue. And with The Brown Derby most people love the Cobb Salad, but I think it's way too chopped up. There are places that I've seen bad reviews of that we ended up loving, like Portabello, and then some restaurants that most people just adore and we didn't like at all. Hence the "never say never" for the California Grill. We just have a lot more restaurants to roll through before we try again... LOL!

OOH! Another seemingly favorite restaurant of a lot of people that we didn't like at all... BOMA. Ugh.

so very true!!!
everyone loves california grill, but we couldn't stand it, mainly because of the incredibly snooty for no reason waiter...we had the impression he thought he should act that way because it's 'fine dining'....how silly....it was also terribly noisy....something i wasn't expecting....

and i think we're the only people on the planet who didn't like hoop dee doo review....and it's not because we're sticks in the mud - we used to LOVE the diamond horseshoe review (that they used to have until about 8 years ago or so, with the cowboy and the saloon girls and the magician)...

as for boma - yup, we loved the dinner there.....i'm a vegetarian, so it was like dying and going to heaven....i could eat about 75% of the buffet....yum!!

and chef mickey? yes, i've read all those bad reviews, but when we ate dinner there 2 years ago, we really enjoyed it....we thought the food was perfectly fine for a character dinner buffet...being a vegetarian, the chef (who was gorgeous by the way) took me around the buffet to show my what i could eat (and offered to whip something up special)...well he was clearly very proud of his food...he kept saying how everything on the buffet that night was made from scratch...and what i could eat of it, was indeed tasty...

so as you said, your mileage may vary...
DD and her husband enjoyed ha hacienda....he had the short ribs, which he said was the best meal he's had on this trip to WDW (up to la hacienda, they'd eaten at 12 TS restaurants this trip - they're there for 15 days this time)..
and she said their server was super attentive and as nice as could be.....

as for bad meals on this trip? Via Napoli....she said they had the slowest service in the history of the planet....and they're pretty easy to please...but they were really upset by it....and the server never refilled their drink...he gave them one coke before their food was served and never ever ever refilled it....and after they finished their food, they waited for 25 minutes to order dessert, but he never showed....so they told someone else to get their bill - to take it off the dining plan and they paid cash, lowballed his tip (gave him 12% which is much more than i would have) and left...

WE HATED HOOP DEE DO TOO!!! We went several years ago, I think it was our first trip with the kids. I was so ready to be out of there.....

I ate at Via Napoli just once, and just ordered a pizza for me and my two girls. I also was not impressed.....

YAY! That's awesome! I have found with most reviews that Your Mileage May Vary. I've seen bad reviews at Chefs but we have never had that issue. And with The Brown Derby most people love the Cobb Salad, but I think it's way too chopped up. There are places that I've seen bad reviews of that we ended up loving, like Portabello, and then some restaurants that most people just adore and we didn't like at all. Hence the "never say never" for the California Grill. We just have a lot more restaurants to roll through before we try again... LOL!

OOH! Another seemingly favorite restaurant of a lot of people that we didn't like at all... BOMA. Ugh.

I hope you love it as much as we did!! Swing by the bakery in France on your way out and pick up a Quiche Florentine for your breakfast the next morning. OMG!!!

I would but eggs and me do not mix! LOL!! Anything else there you would recommend to take home for breaky? :rotfl:

I would but eggs and me do not mix! LOL!! Anything else there you would recommend to take home for breaky? :rotfl:

We also had a plain croissant, chocolate croissant, and a cheese bread roll thingy. It had bacon in it!!! I think it was just called Fromage Roulle. It was large and swirled kind of like a cinnamon roll... but not cinnamon-y. SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD! We popped it in the microwave the next morning for like 25 seconds and it was awesome!

AWWWW! You're welcome! Let's do it again soon!

When's your next trip? Can't wait to follow along again! :) By the way, I camped in Fort Wilderness from the mid 1970's to late 90's and loved it! I'd suggest that you do the Hoop Dee Doo, but I don't think I will! ;) I completely agree with you about California Grill. We had a special anniversary dinner there last month and were so disappointed. :( Glad you enjoyed all your standbys! Thanks for taking us along on your adventure!:thumbsup2

Here ya go! The Grand Floridian Cafe! Tonight will either be Puck Express or Paradiso...... we'll see how the day goes....

Thank you for this! I just booked GFC this morning and was already having second thoughts about it. Now I know I probably made a good decision. We wanted something on the monorail line that was a sit down, but casual. We have already been to Kona Cafe, The Wave, etc., but have never been to GFC. This definitely looks like something my fussy family will like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter