Y'all want another live video review trip??

bunkkinsmom

<font color=magenta>No 9, so it's all good<br><fon
HEY Y'ALL!

Well, this might be our last trip for a while, we are hoping to buy a new home soon. So why not go twice in one year! LOLOLOL!

We will be headed to WDW in November and you know what that means.... LIVE VIDEO DINING REVIEWS! Come on in and subscribe!

Here's how it works, I'll post my reservations and you decide what you want me to order. I'll do a live video review and post it that night/next morning latest! There are links in my signature to my previous reviews if you want to check them out.

Our dates are pretty firm, but we do have a major job in November with a big company that we cannot turn down. They have not given us a date, so the reservations COULD possibly change. And of course, I might flip a couple around on a whim between now and then. But so far, here is the lineup:

Les Chefs De France (of course. First Night Tradition)
Hollywood Brown Derby
Citricos
Whispering Canyon (am trying desperately to change this lunch to a dinner)
Paradiso 37
La Hacienda San Angel

And, as a bonus this year we are doing our first two days at Universal, so we will be reviewing there as well. I'll let you know what those reservations are when they are made!

I just read/watched your reviews from the 2012 trip- THANKS!! We are celebrating DD's 21st birthday by going to Food & Wine (in 3 weeks!) and doing the big splurge by staying at BWV!! I'm looking at BW restaurants and was amazed to find your reviews on Captain's Grille and Big River- definitely "out of the way" Disney restaurants. I was really excited to find your videos! Your fried chicken pix from 50's PT made me drool; I adore their fried chicken, but can't get anything at DHS on our day there (which is why I was looking at CG and BRGW).

I'm in for the November live review; even if I don't post requests, I'll be sure to check in for the videos!

I just read/watched your reviews from the 2012 trip- THANKS!! We are celebrating DD's 21st birthday by going to Food & Wine (in 3 weeks!) and doing the big splurge by staying at BWV!! I'm looking at BW restaurants and was amazed to find your reviews on Captain's Grille and Big River- definitely "out of the way" Disney restaurants. I was really excited to find your videos! Your fried chicken pix from 50's PT made me drool; I adore their fried chicken, but can't get anything at DHS on our day there (which is why I was looking at CG and BRGW).

I'm in for the November live review; even if I don't post requests, I'll be sure to check in for the videos!

Yay! Welcome! I absolutely loved loved loved Captains Grille. It was delicious and almost empty when we were there. I will say I am super bummed that Kouzzina's closed. The service wasn't stellar but I never had a bad meal there. I'm interested to see what pops up in it's place.

Thanks for joining in, and I'm glad you're tagging along! :cool1:

Hi Gang!

I switched around a few reservations to get one I have ALWAYS wanted, so here's the new list:

Les Chefs de France
The Brown Derby
CALIFORNIA GRILL!!!!!!!
The Grand Floridian
Paradiso 37
La Hacienda de San Angel

So excited to get California Grill!! We are doing the Wishes Cruise that night, so I'll try to get video of that as well......

I'm just watching your last trips videos right now.... GREAT idea!! Loving the videos!!!

Have always wanted to try Cali Grill but haven't made it there yet. Looking forward to your review! When in November is your trip?

Yay for locking in top choice restaurants!:cheer2:

Thanks! If I change anything else it will probably be Grand Floridian and that's only if I can get BOG or maybe even The Plaza. We do Grand Floridian every year, and I love it, but BOG is awesome too and I've never been to The Plaza.

I'm just watching your last trips videos right now.... GREAT idea!! Loving the videos!!!

Awww thanks!!! I'm so glad you are along for the ride!

Have always wanted to try Cali Grill but haven't made it there yet. Looking forward to your review! When in November is your trip?

Middle of November. Our first night staying on Property is the 15th but we are at Universal the 15th and 16th, coming over on the 16th for dinner at Les Chefs. I have no idea where to eat at Universal, we haven't been since 2001!

Middle of November. Our first night staying on Property is the 15th but we are at Universal the 15th and 16th, coming over on the 16th for dinner at Les Chefs. I have no idea where to eat at Universal, we haven't been since 2001!

So you'll be getting into the time with all the Christmas decorations and such. Love that time of year at The World. Last Universal visit for me was 2009. Last TS meal there was 2004 at Mythos. We are going back to Universal next October so looking forward to your reviews for there too.

I am in. This thread is awesome. You posted in my home buying in NC thread (which things are moving along on that front...it's in Durham) and I read your Jan dining review thread from the link in your signature. What a great idea. I am excited to put in my votes this time around.

Just found this thread and checked out your previous report. What a great idea to video the food you are trying. I've never been to some of those restaurants and it was nice to see the decor and the food they offered.

I did notice that you were wearing a Carolina sweatshirt. I'll forgive you for that since you did such a wonderful report. (Go Pack!) ;)

So you'll be getting into the time with all the Christmas decorations and such. Love that time of year at The World. Last Universal visit for me was 2009. Last TS meal there was 2004 at Mythos. We are going back to Universal next October so looking forward to your reviews for there too.

Yes our original plan was to go the first or second week of December to celebrate my birthday, but then Free Dining came out, and well you know how that goes! SOOOOO excited to see the decorations, especially at The Grand Floridian!

I am in. This thread is awesome. You posted in my home buying in NC thread (which things are moving along on that front...it's in Durham) and I read your Jan dining review thread from the link in your signature. What a great idea. I am excited to put in my votes this time around.

YAY! Welcome! So glad you're here!

Just found this thread and checked out your previous report. What a great idea to video the food you are trying. I've never been to some of those restaurants and it was nice to see the decor and the food they offered.

I did notice that you were wearing a Carolina sweatshirt. I'll forgive you for that since you did such a wonderful report. (Go Pack!) ;)

Well come on in and get comfortable! As long as your sweatshirt is Red and not Dark Blue, we can still be friends..... :flower3:
I actually worked at the District Engineer's office in the early/mid 90's with Mark Davis, ACC Freshman of the year in basketball. I got to go to several State games and cheer for the pack, but when he offered me tickets to the UNC game, I just couldn't sit behind his bench and pull for another team, so I had to pass them up....... I remember lots of good times on that campus, and I'm sure I had some that I don't remember.:stir:

Ok everyone! I got my fastpass invitation for Be Our Guest lunch!!!!!

So here is the updated lineup:

Sunday 11/16: Les Chefs
Monday 11/17: The Brown Derby
Tuesday 11/18: California Grill (and Wishes Cruise!!!)
Wednesday 11/19: BOG lunch and Grand Floridian dinner
Thursday 11/20: Paradiso 37
Friday 11/21: Le Hacienda de San Angel

I think these look pretty good..... the only one I'm iffy about is Paradiso, but I do want a night at DTD. It's possible that we forego that ressie and just eat at Puck Express, because you can't go wrong at Puck Express. We actually check in on Saturday (going to Universal the first 2 days) so we have an extra TS to use on one of the Signatures, and if we pass on Paradiso then we can use that TS for the other Signature.

Maybe I should let you guys decide. YES! OK, ya'll decide. Here are the options:

1. Stick with Paradiso
2. Eat at Puck Express (keep in mind we will probably eat there at least one other time during the trip)
3. Pick another restaurant. We are staying at OKW, dad is at POR, so Olivia's and Boatwrights are in play. We are at Hollywood Studios that day, just for reference. Saratoga Springs also has the boat to DTD, so I suppose whatever TS is there is in play too!

Excited to see your responses!

I'd stick with Paradiso. On my trip in Aug, my mom and I went there and sat at the bar to have drinks while my DDs shopped before our dinner ADR at RR. The drinks were good and the menu looked good to me so I'd like to go back for a meal sometime. It wasn't too busy in there either. Or...

AT DtD I like RR and HoB as well...so I'd suggest either of those. We liked Boatwrights the one time we ate there (many years ago...our very 1st TS meal at WDW) and have been wanting to get back but POR is never convenient to us. Olivia's didn't wow us. The Turf Club at SSR looks interesting. I wanted to have drinks at that bar in Aug (we stayed at SSR for 3 nights) but we were in Congress Park section and never made it back over to main building after we checked in. Don't forget you can boat (or walk) over to the Boardwalk from HS and do a TS there (and Swan/Dolphin is on way to Boardwalk area)...many to choose from.

I'd stick with Paradiso. On my trip in Aug, my mom and I went there and sat at the bar to have drinks while my DDs shopped before our dinner ADR at RR. The drinks were good and the menu looked good to me so I'd like to go back for a meal sometime. It wasn't too busy in there either. Or...

AT DtD I like RR and HoB as well...so I'd suggest either of those. We liked Boatwrights the one time we ate there (many years ago...our very 1st TS meal at WDW) and have been wanting to get back but POR is never convenient to us. Olivia's didn't wow us. The Turf Club at SSR looks interesting. I wanted to have drinks at that bar in Aug (we stayed at SSR for 3 nights) but we were in Congress Park section and never made it back over to main building after we checked in. Don't forget you can boat (or walk) over to the Boardwalk from HS and do a TS there (and Swan/Dolphin is on way to Boardwalk area)...many to choose from.

Good thinking about BW area! I'm still so bummed that Kouzzina's is gone, but we do want to go over there and check stuff out. We've been to Captain's Grille and Beaches and Cream. Maybe I will think about Captain's Grille again, it was very good. Any other BW area suggestions? We've been to Big River as well.

I'd stick at Paradiso. Boatwrights is good and a nice place to go if you are staying at POR and don't want to go anywhere special for dinner but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. Puck express can still be an option if you are just not feeling it day of. Paradiso looks like a fun menu and gives you something different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter