Wyndham Cypress Palms

Yes, we booked through AFVC as well, so for that price we can't complain at all. Most reviews are good. I'm looking forward to it!

Hello...we are looking to book at Cypress Palms Sept 8-15 and can get a really awesome deal through tomorrow @ $199 for the whole week (through RCI) in a 2-bed condo. It will be myself, my spouse, my 3-year-old dtr & my elderly grandparents. I am a little skeptical b/c there are many "new" mixed reviews on tripadvisor about this place. Some of them say it has bugs everywhere INSIDE the unit; the carpets turns your feet black; hairs all in the tubs, shower and the bathroom floors; dirty, old uncomfortable furniture; etc... Then there are some reviews that the newest refurbed units are lovely & clean w/ new furniture. I'm so confused & scared & not sure what to do. It is between this resort & Silver Lake as I can get a 2 bed condo at either place for the same price right now. Both have mixed reviews on Tripadvisor. Are the beds comfy? I ask this b/c of my grandfather having a bad back and that is really important for him to have a comfy bed that is not worn out & sagging. Also, are the 2 pools & hot tubs sufficient enough for the size of the resort & the amt of people at the pools at any given time? I ask this mainly b/c my daughter loves to go to the pools when we are at the resorts. Also, does anyone know which units or bulidings are the newest refurbed so we know what to ask for to be booked? Are there any playgrounds for children? Any other advice would be truly appreciated, good or bad to help me in my decision. Again, I only have till tomorrow to book this, so if you could reply today that would be so helpful. Thanks DIS people!! :flower3:

Hello nemo7673!!!!!:)

I dont have answers to all your questions but here's what i have

We had a renovated unit and the bed was very comfy. We had a room facing the pool and it was NEVER ever crowded (in May). I cant remember our unit number but i had called the resort 2 weeks prior to our stay and had asked to put in a request for a renovated room. As i mentionned before, Kizzy at front desk, really spent alot of time finding us a renovated unit and she did. I didnt see a playground but we didnt really tour the resort, we basically parked in front of our unit and thats it. In the elevator, i did see a sheet with a schedule for children's activities but i dont recall what exactly since i didnt really pay attention (dont have kids). I personaly loved this resort!!!!!

Hello nemo7673!!!!!:)

I dont have answers to all your questions but here's what i have

We had a renovated unit and the bed was very comfy. We had a room facing the pool and it was NEVER ever crowded (in May). I cant remember our unit number but i had called the resort 2 weeks prior to our stay and had asked to put in a request for a renovated room. As i mentionned before, Kizzy at front desk, really spent alot of time finding us a renovated unit and she did. I didnt see a playground but we didnt really tour the resort, we basically parked in front of our unit and thats it. In the elevator, i did see a sheet with a schedule for children's activities but i dont recall what exactly since i didnt really pay attention (dont have kids). I personaly loved this resort!!!!!

-----
Thank you very much for the info Jozymouse :) :) Much appreciated :) :) Was it clean? That's really a big thing for me, cleanliness, bugs etc freak me out...LOL :)

-----
Thank you very much for the info Jozymouse :) :) Much appreciated :) :) Was it clean? That's really a big thing for me, cleanliness, bugs etc freak me out...LOL :)
Cleanliness is also very important for me and it was indeed VERY clean. The doors to the rooms are outdoors so of course bugs CAN come in if your lights are on and its nightime etc. So, we made sure to close all the lights when we left and, when we came back, we hurried a bit to get into the room so bugs wouldnt come in..... hehe...but no big deal for us......!

Cleanliness is also very important for me and it was indeed VERY clean. The doors to the rooms are outdoors so of course bugs CAN come in if your lights are on and its nightime etc. So, we made sure to close all the lights when we left and, when we came back, we hurried a bit to get into the room so bugs wouldnt come in..... hehe...but no big deal for us......!

Perfect...Thank you very much for the info :thumbsup2

This will be our first time staying here ( I have only stayed off property once, but for 249.00 for a week for a 2 bedroom condo we couldn't pass it up!) and was wondering about the kitchen. My Inlaws may be coming with us, and my MIL will want to cook some of the days. Are there pots/pans? Do we need to bring dish soap, ect?

Thanks!

There is a fully equipped kitchen. They do provide dishwashing soap and some dishwasher detergent.

Had an AMAZING time here. We fell in love with the condo, my 3 year old referred to it as the "hotel house". There was 7 of us, and we had a 2 bedroom lock off unit. Having 2 living areas and 2 washers/dryers and fridges was a blessing at times.

It was very quiet, and it appears that it was one of the newer rooms. Everything was clean, we had no complaints. We did have an issue with tiny little ants coming down a wall and onto the counter. We called the front desk when we discovered them (about 10PM) and by noon the next day they had sent a company out to spray. This resolved the issue.

The longest drive we had to a park was 15 minutes to Typhoon Lagoon.

My husband was offered the timeshare presentation when he check in, but that was the only time all week. We received no phone calls or notes under the door.

Still can't get over the fact that we only paid $248.00 for the week. We are going again in May and watching to see if we can get anywhere near the same deal. We would even be willing to pay the full resortcerts price of 499 for the week. Well worth it.

I hate sitting through those things but I am always curious as to what the gift is. What did you get?

Dawn

Hi!

Just got back from vacation and we LOVED the Cypress Palms! I had made a request for a renovated room and Kizzy at front desk worked with her manager to find us one. We got upgraded to a bigger room with balcony and it was very nice. We did NOT get a mid week cleaning but that was fine by us, we would just wash the towels in our washer and it was perfect. The only complaint is the timeshare presentation. The gift was nice but it lasted FOUR hours instead of 90 minutes (as advertised). Thank god we had extra time on our hands but if you're on a tight schedule, DONT do it!!!!!!!!!

Still can't get over the fact that we only paid $248.00 for the week.

That's the old price for RCI Last Call 2BRs, so if it's bouncing off that invantory it will be closer to $300 (two ninety something, I forget). Still a pretty good deal. :goodvibes

I try to use the Vacation Certificates from skyauction. They are $249 + $20 right now. Then I wait and see what is offered. Seems like whenever I go, Cypress Palms is always available. Love the place.
Occasionally they had sales on the certificates for $199. I picked some of those up in January and will be using them this december for a 3 bedroom at Powhaton plantation in Williamsburg.

That's the old price for RCI Last Call 2BRs, so if it's bouncing off that invantory it will be closer to $300 (two ninety something, I forget). Still a pretty good deal. :goodvibes

We bought a certificate through Resortcerts.com. We paid $248.00, and that included all of the taxes and fees. There were no additional charges. Same as buying it through Skyauction, just didn't have to pay the $20.00 fee. Sometimes when Skyauction has the sale on the certificates, resortcerts.com will offer them at the same price.

Lovely resort in the heart of Orlando. Pleasantly surprised as I was a little concerned due to some of the "negative" reviews on the internet.

The Unit(s): We requested a renovated unit with Kizzy at the front desk prior to our arrival and that is exactly what we got :) They are very accommodating. We were in building 11 units 162 & 163. The units are completely carpeted with tile in the "wet areas" (foyers, kitchens, bathrooms, master suite vanity area & laundry closets). We had a 2-bedroom lock-off unit, which was nice being that we had my grandparents with us. The two units are accessible via an inside connecting door that we had opened so that it would not feel as if we were in 2 separate units (you have the option to leave the lock-off door closed/locked). The larger 1-bedroom unit had a fully functional kitchen with new appliances and granite countertops (nice touch :thumbsup2) & a dining room with a VERY nice solid wood dining table with seating for 6. There was a large living room w/ a large flat screen TV, ceiling fan, sleeper sofa & separate chair. There was plenty of seating in the living room for all 5 of us to relax together. Off of the living room is a nice screened porch that seats 3 people comfortably. There is a stackable washer/dryer combo in a hall closet in the foyer of the apt. The bedroom has a very comfortable king-size bed with very nice & comfortable bedding. There is a ceiling fan, flat screen TV on top of a 5-drawer dresser & sitting chair. There is a vanity area with a sink and granite counter top with a large soaking jetted tub :lovestruc. Off of this vanity area you can access a separate bathroom with a stand-alone shower, toilet & pedestal sink. This bathroom is also accessible from the main living area, which makes for a nice feature to keep from having to go through the master bedroom to get to the bathroom/toilet area for guests. The smaller 1-bedroom unit had a small living/dining room and kitchenette. There is a separate bathroom with a tub/shower combo and a separate vanity area with 1 sink. There is a king-size bedroom with a ceiling fan and the same dresser/TV as described in the other king-size bedroom. Overall, a nice layout and comfortable unit.

PROS: Set away from the hustle & bustle of Orlando, but yet only about 12-15 minutes away from Disney! The pools were never crowded. The last Friday we were there, me and my daughter were the only two at the main pool and that was nice. The playground was nice for the kids; the slide/climb area was covered! Nice BBQ areas. The grounds were nicely manicured. Renovated units including granite counter tops & new furniture & decor. Ceiling fans in the living areas and bedrooms (this is a must have feature for resorts in Florida!). Washer/dryer combo. Jetted soaking tub. The best of all, VERY NICE COMFORTABLE BED & DUVET BEDDING! That definitely takes the cake on the pros!!

CONS: When we 1st arrived there were 2 broken hangers and the duvet down cover had been washed so it was lumpy. I called the front desk and within 30 minutes all was taken care of and replaced. At the end of our stay, we did ask them to clean the carpets after we left for the next guests as the carpets turned the bottom of our feet/socks black when walking around without shoes on. The washing machine squealed loudly on the spin cycle, however, easy fix and they were very prompt in fixing anything that we reported that was not in working order. All in all, after staying at many different resorts in the Orlando area, this is not bad and they are small, fixable issues ;)

I have tried to capture everything in this review I was looking for when I was checking out Cypress Palms for our family vacation. I hope this helps you with your decision about staying at Cypress Palms. Have a great vacation!! :cool1:

"At the end of our stay, we did ask them to clean the carpets after we left for the next guests as the carpets turned the bottom of our feet/socks black when walking around without shoes on."

This is what concerns me. How can they be renovating these units and not replace or at least CLEAN the carpets? We will be there in less than three weeks. I'm looking forward to it, but I just can't tolerate filthy carpets.

Yes, free Wifi in the rooms, using it right now. I'm here at Cypress Palms. They will give you a password when you check in.

Yes, free Wifi in the rooms, using it right now. I'm here at Cypress Palms. They will give you a password when you check in.

Thank you! I would love to know what you think of the resort. Trying to finalize my January trip and can't decide where to stay.

Well I started this thread, so you can go back and read that. I love this place. This must be my 6th time here.

We were there for a week last month. And yes, the carpets in our unit were dirty, but we survived. If they would just clean those carpets, this resort would be almost perfect. We had to wear flip-flops in the unit at all times, and then we would track dirt from the carpets onto the tile floors. It was annoying. Would I go back again? Yes! We got a great deal, and loved almost everything else. Pools were too cold for my liking, but the hot tubs were great!

We loved having a lock-off unit! Very convenient to have two washers and driers for laundry. Beds were incredibly comfortable! I love a firm mattress! Our unit overlooked a pool, but it wasn't noisy at all. It was so nice to sit out on the screened balcony and relax at the end of the day. Location was convenient to everything. Tons of choices for eating, lots of stores nearby, and really only a few minutes to any of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter