Wyndham Cypress Palms

BonnieA

I don't need no stinkin tag
Just got back from a 2 bedroom unit at Wyndham Cypress Palms. The unit was clean, roomy, quiet. I've stayed in different timeshare units in the area and this one is one of the nicest. It is not so big that you get lost. There are many restaurants within walking distance. Round trip disney shuttle was only $3 per person. The times were convenient for us but keep in mind the latest was 9:30pm. But the earliest was 8am.
Our 2 bedroom had 1 king bedroom, 2 double beds room, living/dining/kitchen area, washer/dryer, screened balcony, 2 baths, one with whirlpool tub. Also a good size safe in the closet.
It was a little different from the other timeshares in that there was a midweek "tidy up". Clean towels were provided, beds were made with existing sheets and trash was removed. Of course if you needed towels or trash removal earlier than that you could do it yourself. We did not have to straighten up the unit when we left or strip the beds as I expected. Check in was quick and easy. There was no pressure to buy a timeshare and no annoying telephone calls. We paid for internet service for the week, it was an outside provider and at times the connection was "iffy". Drive to most of disney was about 15 minutes and the traffic was not a problem for us at this time of year.

We paid by the week and it was about $30 for 7 days. You can get plans with less days but that worked for us.

Glad you had a great time at this resort. It is my kids favourite due to the friendly activity staff. They really go the extra mile with kids.

Two decent sized pools as well as two hot tubs.
First visit: Dec 2006 - One pool nice and warm, second pool too HOT (felt like a hot tub, not usable)
Second visit: May/June 2007 - Both pools nice and warm.

Pool games for kids at main pool #1 almost every day at 11 am.

Two decent sized pools as well as two hot tubs.
First visit: Dec 2006 - One pool nice and warm, second pool too HOT (felt like a hot tub, not usable)
Second visit: May/June 2007 - Both pools nice and warm.

Pool games for kids at main pool #1 almost every day at 11 am.

Thanks!

Thanks for the great info. We are using our fairfield points and sending my parents here next month for the week. The reviews on tripadvisor were really good too.

Julie

BonnieA,

Going to Wyndham CP in a few days. Couple of quick questions about the shuttle.
Were they crowded?
How often do they run to EPCOT?
Are they easy to find at EPCOT to get home?

Thanks.

BonnieA,

Going to Wyndham CP in a few days. Couple of quick questions about the shuttle.
Were they crowded?
How often do they run to EPCOT?
Are they easy to find at EPCOT to get home?

Thanks.

I wish I could help more but we only took the shuttle one way. So I can't really tell you how often it runs. The driver will give you any info you need about getting the shuttle back (when and where to pick it up). If I remember correctly, the shuttle did run a few times in the morning and a few times in late afternoon. But it's been a long time.
FYI: Internet is free now.

We will be staying here in June. Does anyone know if they still do the mid week clean up, that would be great. Also, is the internet wireless and free. Hope it is as clean as it was last time we stayed there, probably 6 or 7 years ago.

The internet is free. Just got back from a 2 week stay. I'm not sure if they do the mid week clean up because we were there 2 weeks. They did a full complete clean up for us at the end of our first week.

The internet is free. Just got back from a 2 week stay. I'm not sure if they do the mid week clean up because we were there 2 weeks. They did a full complete clean up for us at the end of our first week.

Thanks, we stayed a few years back and this summer I am looking forward to staying again. We have kinda gotten spoiled to Bonnet Creek but couldn't get what we needed when we needed it this time. Oh well, Cypress is very nice and secluded.

We just booked for our May trip at the Wyndham Cypress through the Army vacation rentals website for $394 for 7 nights. This price couldnt be beat! Saw all the great reviews so i am confident that we will love it. Its our first time staying off site. But, a stay at the Pop Century was more then double in price so i couldnt justify the price difference! We will be renting a car to do to Disney, Universal and Sea World. grandmadebby2, I will let you know if they still do the mid week cleaning!

We just booked for our May trip at the Wyndham Cypress through the Army vacation rentals website for $394 for 7 nights. This price couldnt be beat! Saw all the great reviews so i am confident that we will love it. Its our first time staying off site. But, a stay at the Pop Century was more then double in price so i couldnt justify the price difference! We will be renting a car to do to Disney, Universal and Sea World. grandmadebby2, I will let you know if they still do the mid week cleaning!

Sounds like you got a great price. thanks for checking out the mid week cleaning. It's not as fancy as Bonnet Creek but it is nice, quiet and not to far from Disney. Have a great vacation.

Sounds like you got a great price. thanks for checking out the mid week cleaning. It's not as fancy as Bonnet Creek but it is nice, quiet and not to far from Disney. Have a great vacation.

Hi!

Just got back from vacation and we LOVED the Cypress Palms! I had made a request for a renovated room and Kizzy at front desk worked with her manager to find us one. We got upgraded to a bigger room with balcony and it was very nice. We did NOT get a mid week cleaning but that was fine by us, we would just wash the towels in our washer and it was perfect. The only complaint is the timeshare presentation. The gift was nice but it lasted FOUR hours instead of 90 minutes (as advertised). Thank god we had extra time on our hands but if you're on a tight schedule, DONT do it!!!!!!!!!

Hi!

Just got back from vacation and we LOVED the Cypress Palms! I had made a request for a renovated room and Kizzy at front desk worked with her manager to find us one. We got upgraded to a bigger room with balcony and it was very nice. We did NOT get a mid week cleaning but that was fine by us, we would just wash the towels in our washer and it was perfect. The only complaint is the timeshare presentation. The gift was nice but it lasted FOUR hours instead of 90 minutes (as advertised). Thank god we had extra time on our hands but if you're on a tight schedule, DONT do it!!!!!!!!!

We're staying here in October. What did you think of the renovations? Was everything new? I had read some reviews on Tripadvisor that there were new appliances and paint but that they kept the old furniture.

infopurposesonly : The reviews you read are right, the furniture and the shower were a bit outdated but still in good condition. The room was very clean and we would go back in a heartbeat. Especially for the Army vacation rental price of course....:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter