• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you rather do 10 days at a moderate, or split between a value and deluxe?

I would split between a value and deluxe....we have stayed at all the moderates and just don't care for them at all.

I would definetly split your stay!!:D We stayed at the Beach Club for our honeymoon and loved it!!:D It was so nice to be so close to both parks. I say go for it!!

I would split the stay. I have stayed at BC, Moderates and ASMu and for some reason, I really dislike the moderates(except for CS). I don't know why...I can't explain it, but for the money...I would prefer AllStars. Also, like many other posters have stated, "There is nothing like staying at a Deluxe"!

Originally posted by swilphil
You pack up, leave for your park, go to your new hotel and they've put your stuff into your room for you.

Hi ~ I just wanted to point out that usually they do not put your things in your room ~ they wait until you are checked in and then a bellman delivers it ~ basically it is for tipping reasons.

I have only heard of a couple of instances where the luggage was actually in the new room.

>>^..^<<

I wouldn't want to stay at a value for honeymoon. Some ideas:
1) Reduce the number of days of your trip.
2) Try to get a discount at Swan/Dolphin. It might not cost much more than a Disney moderate
3) Stay offsite for all or part of the trip. You might use PL.

Originally posted by Disneymoon04
I can't decide between staying at the CBR for 10 days, or splitting between the ASMo and Beach Club.

It's a honeymoon, so the value resort isn't that appealing to me, but at the same time the deluxe seems so incredible!!!

It will be peak season, so doing a deluxe the whole time just isn't in our budget.

Your thoughts? Thanks!

My husband and I would vote for staying the entire time at a moderate. Have you looked into the Swan or Dolphin? Sometimes with discounts you can get them for right around the same price if not less then rack rate for a moderate.

But in the above situation that you laid out we would vote for CBR.

We just stayed at the Dolphin for $129 a night, and it was wonderful. It's right next to the Beach Club, so location is a plus and the staff is wonderful. Depending on what time you get in on your first day, it may be worth it to stay at a Value or Off site on the first night.

I would spen the 10 nights at a moderate, especially if POFQ was open. I have never stayed at another moderate so I can't knock them but I have stayed at POFQ 7 times and I absolutely love it.

One more thing--- I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time no matter where you stay and Congrats on your upcoming wedding.:wave:

Split!!!!...With no kids it will be easier to pack up and go.The perfect ending for your honeymoon at a deluxe ;)

Staying at a deluxe will be magical. I would look at ways to stay at the BC as long as possible. If the value resorts are not for you, then maybe you can try the Swan/Dolphin. Also, the hotels near Downtown Disney while not run by Disney, they are on Disney property and are cheaper.......just some additional thoughts to confuse you more.

WOW!

Thanks for all the quick responses! I leave this morning with 3 responses, come back later with 30+!

I really appreciate everyones insight as we are having a such a problem making up our minds.

Still undecided, but the posts help so much - Thank you!

If anyone has further insight I would still appreciate the feedback!

If you have the opportunity to spend any part of your honeymoon at the BC, do so!!!!!!!!

If you have to split between a value and the BC, then do it. Just try to get as many nights as you can readily afford at the BC, and go to the Value resort first, and end your trip at the BC.

Consider on of the DD hotels rather than a Value resort for the first part of your trip. I have seen some pretty good deals fly by on Mousesavers.com for the DD hotels, and they strike me as nicer than the Values(sorry all you Values lovers...just MHO!). The other thing to think about is the Swan/Dolphin thing. They have the nurse/teacher/govt employee dicount which brings that down to $129/night. A great hotel for that price if you fit the category.

My DSIL did the Magical Beginnings or whatever it's called special price thing at the BC for October, and got a great deal for a 10 night stay.

I would try my best to not spend any of my honeymoon at a value resort. I totally disagree with the people who said there isn't any difference between them and the moderates. The moderates have hot tubs and truly quiet pools, where you can get some time with your honey. We stayed next to one of the All Stars "quiet" pools in June -- at one point it had over 200 teens in it.

I would try to split between a moderate and a deluxe. Don't book a package now, book something you can cancel with no penalty instead. If you're lucky, there will be good codes or AP rates (with 10 nights, you'll want to consider getting them to save $) that will enable you to spend most of your time at the BC.

If you decide to stay at moderate the whole time, I would recommend that you consider CSR b/c it is the most deluxe-feeling of the moderates. The pool is nicer and you can order room service -- something you should do at least once on your honeymoon!

Value + Deluxe! Just stay at the Value first! We like switching resorts ... like two vacations in one! I would hit the parks hard while at the Value then enjoy the resort and relax while at the Deluxe!

Happy Planning!

wdwo

I'd say split, but maybe try looking into a hotel in the DTD area and then going to BC. From what I've heard, the rooms at the Royal Plaza a very nice and the rates from mousesavers are great. Plus, there's alot to do in the DTD area for newlyweds, esp. at night. ;). When you switch over to BC, you'll love it & the location can't be beat.
Anyway, congrats & have a great time!!!

Disneymoon04,

We are going to WDW for our honeymoon too! We did decide to slit our stay with the following two resorts: Pop Century (First 5 nights) & Wilderness Lodge (last 8 nights).

At first, we were going to stay at a moderate, (POFQ), for our entire trip but decided that even if we had to stay at a value resort for half our trip, that it would be worth it to experience a deluxe resort for our honeymoon.

My advice is go for the value/deluxe. It's your honeymoon!!
I know for me, it's back to the moderates on regular vacation trips. (Case in point: July of next year is our next WDW trip & I've already planned for a moderate.)

Just remember: Plan the deluxe for the last 5 nights of your trip. I know of a couple who honeymooned at WDW with a split stay between the Grand Floridian and one of the moderates. They chose the moderate for the last nights of their honeymoon and regreted it! Leaving the GF to down grade was hard for the woman, she cried while checking out.

Hope this Helps,
Michelle

If you're set on the BC, then I'd go with the split stay plan. But if the epcot area is important, I'd try for a discount at Swan or Dolphin. DU get's some nice discounts.

Another alternative would be to stay the whole 10 days at the less expensive deluxes--AKL or WL. Haven't been to AKL yet but I could see WL as a honeymoon hotel. You can get your king and a balcony to enjoy. WL can be $50 a night less than BC.

Whatever you choose, have a wonderful time and contrats!

Sharon

hello - i am in a similar situation and am considering splitting time between an offsite at $35/night and a deluxe - 4 nights in each - total of 8 nights ... but, i am very interested in "renting points" ... can somebody explain how it works and how i would go about renting from somebody ...

muchas garcias!!!

:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter