• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you rather do 10 days at a moderate, or split between a value and deluxe?

I just reread your post and you said you are going during peak season. All resorts will be (probably) crowded at that time. I would definately suggest a split under those circumstances. Also, you might get lucky with a code, if you get Annual Passes (another way you can save money is the ticket you get. See what is going to give you the greatest value).

As for staying at a non-Disney resort, there are some very nice hotels at Downtown Disney, and the Swan and Dolphin are fantastic. The disadvantage is that they are non-Disney, so you have to arrange for the transfer of the luggage yourself (either using a rental car, if your own car is not there, or a taxi).

T-I-G-G-RRR, I would suggest checking the DVC boards here, they would explain it much better than I can. It does involve trust, but they checked on the dates (up to 11 months in advance), made the reservation, and based on what we had agreed I had so much time to mail them a check for the down payment and then had to have the rest in by 2 months out. Some require the full payment at the time of booking. It worked great for us.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions!

We've decided to stay at Coronado Springs... and then closer to the time if our financial situation pics up we will add 2 nights at the BC but not do park days - just completely enjoy the resort.

But I'm sure that I'm not the only one was struggling with this so if anyone still has info they'd like to share please do!

Hi - Congratulations!!! Did you ever consider a lower level deluxe like WL or AK. I think both of those are very romantic and since they are less expensive then the other deluxes it may be about the same price for you.

Coronado Springs is a great resort. Splurge on a lake view room if possible. We were complementary upgraded to a lake view our first stay and it was fantastic. Our second trip we had a "courtyard view" of the back parking lot and it was not quite as magical. Both stays were in Casitas

I would definitely choose 10 days at CSR over a split stay at a value...but I would choose a value over off-site ANYTIME.

I also recommend the Dolphin in a pinch - DH loves it, I am lukewarm...

Wilderness Lodge is my new fave.

I would also suggest looking into renting points from a DVC member. OKW is the most affordable resort when staying on points. Plus their one bedrooms are absolutely huge w/washer and dryer, king size bed, huge balcony, and get ready for this.....
a jacuzzi for 2! :teeth:
In my opinion, there is no better way to begin your new life together!

Do ASR when doing the parks and do the "honeymooning" at the deluxe. Sounds good to me! Staying for that long period in Disney...moving is no big deal when there is no kids involve. Have fun...enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter