• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you rather do 10 days at a moderate, or split between a value and deluxe?

Disneymoon04

<font color=FF99CC>First stop, Adventurers Club to
I can't decide between staying at the CBR for 10 days, or splitting between the ASMo and Beach Club.

It's a honeymoon, so the value resort isn't that appealing to me, but at the same time the deluxe seems so incredible!!!

It will be peak season, so doing a deluxe the whole time just isn't in our budget.

Your thoughts? Thanks!

Ok...I haven't gone yet...so I can't tell you for sure...but I've heard numerous compliments on CSR...we are splitting our time between ASMu and CSR....couldnt do deluxe this trip...
But...depending on when you go..I can come back and give you my opinion on the AS resorts....
Being on your honeymoon...you may not want to uproot your stay, so moderate might be the way to go...
BUT...then again...while in the Value resort...those can be your 'park days'...then when you go deluxe...those can be your 'honeymoon in the hotel' days ;)

I would go for value + deluxe. There is nothing like the deluxes. My sister stayed in the AS last January and she said that they were almost the same as the moderates and that she would never stay in a moderate again. She would rather stay in the value and save the extra $$. If you do 5 days in each resort - that will be perfect! Have a great trip!:jester:

If you don't mind switching resorts, I'd say definitely split your stay between a value and a deluxe. Make sure you spend the first part of your trip so that you are going from good to great.

I stayed at the ASMu a few years ago, and it was just fine. You'll get a clean and comfortable room. The towels are a little thinner, and they put paper cups in the room instead of glasses. The rooms are small, but that shouldn't be an issue with just two adults in a room (I'm assuming it will just be you and your future husband since it is your honeymoon ;)

No matter what, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful wedding, and a wonderful honeymoon.

Karen

Definitely split the stay! I have stayed in all 3 levels and for me personally, I dont see much advantage in the moderates over the values. I definitely see your point of not wanting a value for your honeymoon and that is understandable, but the deluxe part will be so worth it. Maybe you could plan a lot of your park time during the value stay, then when you get to the deluxe, relax and take advantage of the ameneites more...and being the BC, spend most of that park time at Epcot & MGM since you will benefit from the easy transportation there.

just adding a voice of agreement to the above posts:
value resorts, "park days"
BC (you're gonna LOVE it!!), relax & be pampered, enjoying walks on the BW days..........

& congrats!!
laurie s

Well, I'm bias because the Beach Club is my favorite resort. But nonetheless, I'd say go Deluxe. All Star wouldn't appeal to me either, not for a honeymoon. Consider how much time you'll spend at the resort. If the answer is "not very much at all" then I think 10 days at a moderate would be fine. If you like relaxing and enjoying your resort, I'd try to do as much of the trip Deluxe as monetarily possible.

If I had to pick and could have my way I would do Beach Club the whole time. Even shorten the trip a couple of days. See if a code (yeah, right!) comes out for your time frame or a special package again like Fairytale Magic.

How about Beach Club/moderate split?

Whatever you do - no value resort for your honeymoon. huh-uh. Nope.

PamNC

P.S. You're lucky, we honeymooned at WDW but didn't know any better and stayed off-site. It was fine but we haven't stayed off-site since then. You're smart enough to stay on-site. So, whatever you pick you'll have a blast. Congratulations.

I think you can have a very romantic honeymoon at CBR. I think it is much better than a value.

You can walk around the lake, stroll over the island, watch the Epcot fireworks from your hammock on the beach.

The theming is great at CBR. You also have the quiet pools for those late night swims because the quiet pools never close.

Spli for sure. BC-are you kiddin me? Thats as good as it gets-walk to EPCOT or MGM, awesome resort and resort area.

Both plans have very good features to them. Of all the moderates, if you choose to go that route, for a honeymoon I've always thought that Caribbean Beach would be the best for that. It truly is a beautiful resort and is wonderfully themed - very peaceful and secluded.

As for your splitting, the All Stars are not as bad as some people make them, and Beach Club is fantastic. Also, depending on the time you are going, perhaps there will be codes available? You might be able to stay at Beach Club longer.

I don't think you will be disappointed with either option you choose.

Have you considered renting points?

For the peak season (starting from mid-Feb to end of March or so, excluding the 2weeks before and after Easter), as an example, if you can find an owner renting you the points at $10 per point, each weeknight will only be

$140 for a studio at Beach Club Villa and Wilderness Lodge Villa,

standard view studio at Boardwalk Villa (if you can get it) and Old Key West will be $110 per night.

It is a much better deal than booking deluxe. Just a thought. Good luck and Congrats!!!

I don't like to move so I would just stay at the Moderate.

As for renting points, on the weekends your rent is going WAY up. At $10 a point a studio will go for around $250.

I would go for the 10 days at the same resort. I think moving is a pain in the butt. Plus, you'll get more out of your refillable mugs ;).

Go Coronado Springs - Casitas. Try for a king bed. Visit the spa, Maya Grill. Use the Casitas pool and the Dig Site. Coronado Springs seems to be a bit more grownup since they have a big convention center there.

I'd look at renting points as well. It can be a really good deal and even though the Friday and Saturday nights are high point values- there are ways to work around that. When we stay, we only use points for Sunday- Thursday. Then book seperately for Friday and Saturday using an AP rate or some other special code. You get the best of both worlds doing this. If you can give me the dates of your honeymoon, I can tell you what the point usage would be and cost if you were to rent points at $10.00/point.

10 at the moderate - if you stay at a deluxe and then go to a value it is likely to be very anticlimactic - I guess you could stay at a value and then go to the delux... but if it were me and it was my honeymoon I would not want to deal with a change of resorts... that is at least two hours of time I could spend smoochin with my new spouse, or whatever else...and I say at least two hours of time spent transfering...maybe more

I would go 10 days at 2 moderates - maybe CSR and CBR to get a different resort experience

Make sure you get the one King Bed type room since you are on a honeymoon

Thanks
jaysue

I would split between All-Star and Beach Club. Since they are both Disney Resorts, they will move all your stuff for you. You pack up, leave for your park, go to your new hotel and they've put your stuff into your room for you. (I haven't done this, but I've read several posts about it).

Definitely stay your first night in a value and switch to the Beach Club as soon as you can. Do your Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney tours while at the value. Save the MGM, Epcot (you can walk from Beach Club!) and Boardwalk trips for the Deluxe stay. Also Beach Club has the best pool. Hopefully a code will come out before your trip, and you can stay at the Beach Club longer, and the All-Star less.

Have you looked into an annual pass? I've heard if you're going for 10 days, it's a better value and you get some discounts with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter