Worst WDW meal ever!!!

No, I thought they are trying to make most TS restaurants to run like CS restaurants as they manage the DDP.:eek: ABC Commissary is CS, thus they put out fast food...not fresh, prepared and in some cases made totally in advance, fried, high fat content, heat or fry to serve, with the focus on portion size and value...just what the mainstream ask for and gets.
Perfectly stated......they are making service, atmosphere and quality the same as CS :(

I've heard way more negative reports than positive ones about ABC Commissary.

The worst food that we had be it counter or table service would def. have to be at the Sci Fi. We ate their for dinner one night and the food was just horrible as well as our waiter. We waited forever to get service and when we did it wasn't great. From all the posts that I have read I think that this is def. a place for lunch only. Everyone says that their burgers and shakes are great. Since we ate here for dinner the menu was different so we were not able to order a burger so we went with the steak. It was burnt on the outside like shoe leather and raw in the middle. If I were to try this place again I would def. only try it for lunch and not dinner.

Our family didn't care much for it for lunch either....although it's been some time since we've been there....the atmosphere was interesting for one trip, but foodwise, I can get a better burger here @ home.

Oh, you went to the ABC Comissary. That explains the title. They are the absolute worst counter service place on Disney property. Maybe in Florida. We tried breakfast there 3 years ago, and I threw most of it out. When you can't even make eggs and sausage edible, then you know a place is bad!

Never ever again will I set foot in that place.

My worst dinner experience, I am sad to say was at Germany a few New Year's Eve's ago(2003). The show was wonderful but the food was terrible(but I think my being pregant and having morning(all day sickness) had something to do with it). Overall, we are usually pretty happy with most of the food down there. I usually don't have high expectations for counter service food so it helps keep me from being too disappointed.

Absolutely the worst Disney (although not limited to Dinsey) dining experience I've had was at Shula's. The portions were obscene. Who eat's a 48oz steak? The smallest on their menu was 16oz (that's 4 serving!). We shared the SMALL fillet and paid the split plate fee. I normally don't mind paying a split plat fee, but I felt it was ridiculous when they are serving such huge steaks. If other Americans eat this much, no wonder our country is so overweight. The whole experience just turned me off.

Absolutely the worst Disney (although not limited to Dinsey) dining experience I've had was at Shula's. The portions were obscene. Who eat's a 48oz steak? The smallest on their menu was 16oz (that's 4 serving!). We shared the SMALL fillet and paid the split plate fee. I normally don't mind paying a split plat fee, but I felt it was ridiculous when they are serving such huge steaks. If other Americans eat this much, no wonder our country is so overweight. The whole experience just turned me off.

Now, I know people that would be very happy with a 16oz steak, where is this restaurant?:goodvibes Was it good?

I totally agree about the Commissary - we have eaten there once - and once was more than enough! Thanks for the confirmation that it's still as bad as ever.

Now, I know people that would be very happy with a 16oz steak, where is this restaurant?:goodvibes Was it good?

The steak was good, but nothing particularly special. Shula's is in the Swan or Dolphin; I forget which one.

For me, Mama Melrose's is the pits. I had it some 15 years ago on a band trip and it was nasty then. So we tried it again last year and it was still absolutely no better than I remembered. I told DH we are never ever going back there again. There's too much other yummy stuff to waste on a yucky meal.

Oddly enough, Pizza Planet is our new family "tradition"! We all love it! And Backlot too. Yummy!

Our worst WDW meal ever was at Boma.

The place gets rave reviews here, but it was awful the night we went. Food was cold, the spices were weird, atmosphere noisy, etc.

We weren't wild about Le Cellier either. The food was O.K., but the service was terrible and I didn't care for the atmosphere.

Like they say, one man's meat is another man's poison.

After reading this I know we won't be going there. My DH had wanted to get a Cuban sandwich too. I have really never heard good things about this place and we never tried it. I guess we didn't miss much.

our worst meal was at san angel inn......love the mexico pavillion but the food is just not good...not to me.... i guess i am too used to my tex mex here at home...but this food didnt resemble anything i expected. my dd and i agreed that it was the worst meal we had during our trip...and we will never make that mistake again.

I have to agree the San Angel Inn was awful. It was not only the worse meal at WDW, it was probably the worse restaurant meal anywhere.

our worst meal was at san angel inn......love the mexico pavillion but the food is just not good...not to me.... i guess i am too used to my tex mex here at home...but this food didnt resemble anything i expected. my dd and i agreed that it was the worst meal we had during our trip...and we will never make that mistake again.

For anyone who finds themselves not liking SAI, it might well be the tex-mex vs. Mexican. One of the bridesmaids in our wedding was very adamant that we learn the difference between the two. :laughing: I can see how it could be disappointing if you expect one and you get the other.

We went to SAI for our anniversary and it was both delicious and romantic, and the service was great too.

I have to agree with the ABC being horrid. I can't believe they would opt to even serve such nasty looking food. I will say though that we have had some decent food at Backlot and also Pizza Planet. We deffinately try to steer clear of MGM for CS meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter