• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst WDW meal ever!!!

laceemouse

laceemouse
First, let me say I am not a very picky eater. I like to try everything, and even if I don't love a meal I will usually give the restaurant another chance at a later date. I also realize that CS is just fast food, not haute cuisine! We got home last Sunday night after 8 nights in a Ft Wilderness cabin (great!!) Anyway, since we had a kitchen we went to Publix and stocked up on groceries. We did breakfast and dinner in the cabin, and had a CS lunch and a snack out each day. On our MGM day we ate at the Commisary. We had eaten there before many years ago and it was fine. This time it was awful. I had the Cuban sandwich. The bread is supposed to be crisp but it was hard as a ROCK! The meat was skimpy and it was drowned in mustard and pickles. TERRIBLE! No one else was thrilled with what they got either. I doubt we will ever go there again! Is Disney trying to force people to eat every meal TS????

We've stayed away from commissary for the last two trips - I agree it's NASTY. We did Backlot Express this past trip and it was OK.

I think MGM is sorely lacking in CS places, but the other parks have quite a few that are very good.

We ate at the La Cantina De San Angel and it was TERRIBLE! :eek: It was out first time eating there so I'm not sure if it is like this all the time. The food was cold and soggy. We liked the view and the birds that walk around thats it.

ABC Comm. was far and away the worst place our family has eaten. We made the mistake of eating there two years ago. Never again ... never!

Agreed. We went there twice, on two seperate trips (we also believe in second chances!) and both times were terrible!!

Agreed the ABC comm has gone so far down hill the last 3 years. We will never eat there again unless they revamp their menu. The Back Lot is ok as the other poster noted.

Totally agree with the OP about that cuban sandwich. I am also NOT a picky eater and will try just about anything . I am a food lover. I was so excited to see it on the menu on our trip last May and ordered it for my lunch. It was horrible. Cold, tasteless, just downright nasty. I didn't even eat half of it and instead finished up some of my kids' meals. Our problem with bad food at MGM is solved for our upcoming trip in April....we are skipping MGM altogether.

Ill have to warn DH about that one. He loves *different* foods and would have been all over the option of ordering a cuban:confused3
Its a shame that it's rank, but at least now I know:sad2:

Couldn't agree more! Ate their twice, giving it a second chance and WORST meal of our lives! MGM is lacking in CS foods!

Totally agree with the OP about that cuban sandwich. I am also NOT a picky eater and will try just about anything . I am a food lover. I was so excited to see it on the menu on our trip last May and ordered it for my lunch. It was horrible. Cold, tasteless, just downright nasty. I didn't even eat half of it and instead finished up some of my kids' meals. Our problem with bad food at MGM is solved for our upcoming trip in April....we are skipping MGM altogether.

Dont' skip MGM. Just a quick stroll or a boat ride over to the Dolphin at lunchtime and eat at Picabu's. It's great counter service food served on REAL PLATES with REAL FLATWARE. And their beef chimichanga is one of the best things I've put into my mouth at WDW.

Dont' skip MGM. Just a quick stroll or a boat ride over to the Dolphin at lunchtime and eat at Picabu's. It's great counter service food served on REAL PLATES with REAL FLATWARE. And their beef chimichanga is one of the best things I've put into my mouth at WDW.

Food isn't the reason we are skipping MGM (although it doesn't help). We just don't find MGM very exciting. We only found a few things there fun...not worth the trouble to get there and back for our family. We are not big movie buffs. But since the food at MGM is sucky, I won't have that to "miss" by skipping that park;)

We did this place for the first time on our last trip...and it will be our last time.
I don't even remember what I got, all I remember is that it was sopping wet in pickle juice! DH agrees!!:crazy2:

We don't bother going to ABC commisary any more because we've had such bad experiences there. Like a pp we will probably never go there again unless they revamp the menu (a LOT).

I would also agree that MGM doesn't have good CS overall. On our last trip we did find the pulled pork sandwich at Flatbread Grill to be pretty tasty.

We ate at the La Cantina De San Angel and it was TERRIBLE! :eek: It was out first time eating there so I'm not sure if it is like this all the time. The food was cold and soggy. We liked the view and the birds that walk around thats it.

Please give it another chance. It's a must go place for us. We have lunch there at least once every trip to Disney!

The food there sounds so interesting, but it is mediocre at best! Except the ice cream bars!

Well, Pixie Dust and I are in the minority on this one, but we went to the Comm. three times in August and thought it was pretty good!

I am almost embarrassed to say that the Cuban sandwich meal at MGM Commissary is one of our favorites. We also like the plantain chips. My only complaint was that one year when we went, they were out of plantain chips and we got other chips or fries (which I wanted to send back, yuck). It's a must do for us. We have also had the Cuban cuisine at Bongo's, and their sandwich isn't better than that at MGM.

On our second to last trip last summer, on the other hand, I got the worst case of diarrhea from a genuine Cuban sandwich my husband brought back for me from Tampa. Now, you must keep in mind that my in-laws are Cuban, and I have had more Cuban sandwiches over the years than I can count. Some are definitely better than others. Perhaps, it's like one of my friends from Korea, who was so homesick for kim chee than she ate Tabasco sauce mixed with sauerkraut, because she was not able to find it near campus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter