Worst WDW meal ever!!!

Unapologetic WDW booster here, but just add my voice to the chorus of Commissary dislikers. I can honestly say it's the ONLY Disney meal I've ever had that wasn't good at all. Makes me sad to have to say that.

But we manage fine at other studio CS spots. The oft-overlooked Backlot Express has decent enough burgers and such with a good fixins' bar. The Flatbread Grill has come a long way in recent months. So you won't starve.

We always take guests to 50's PT - it's a hoot, and picky DW loves their pot roast.

There's nowhere at WDW that you'll starve.

I totally agree on what everyone else is saying about MGM and the lack of CS also how bad the food can be at ABC Commissary. We ate there years ago, I had some kind of Oriental dish, and the food was terrible. Truthfully thats the only meal I have ever had at WDW that I could describe that way and I guess thats why it stood out so much, needless to say we have never been back. If we have counter service at MGM we usually do Backlot Express, however we like to hit Sci Fi at lunchtime as the prices are much less steep than dinner and we can split a burger and milkshake, always good. We enjoy Mama Melroses on occassion as well. :wave2:

We ate at ABC 3 years ago and actually threw the food away-worst CS anywhere at WDW.

Last 2 years when we do WDW, we do MGM 2 days on our trip and eat TS lunch BOTH days. We always do Brown Derby-cobb salad for lunch is awesome. We plan to alternate between SCI-FI and 50's every other trip. Two years ago it was 50's-food was godd. Last year it was SCI-FI-good burgers. This year it's back to 50's. We pay cash OOP for these lunches instead of using the DDP-we use TS credits for dinners. ;) With the CS credits we save the days we pay OOP for TS lunch at MGM, we use them for breakfast. Staring rolls bakery has good CS breakfast options.

Well this thread answered my ??

I was trying to choose a CS for MGM, but I think we'll do a big breakfast at the resort (Pepper Market), a SNACK at MGM since we only spend 5-6 hours there anyway and then get to our early ADR at Wolfgang Puck...YUMMY

DB & Concourse Steakhouse & Capt. Jack's...all terrible for many reasons.

Just got back from an eight night nine day trip to Disney World on April 29th and we ate at the ABC Commisary and didn't have a problem with the food, although they could have more choices for dessert as we were on the dining plan. We also ate at the Backlot express and liked it. We got burgers and fries at both.

Well, Pixie Dust and I are in the minority on this one, but we went to the Comm. three times in August and thought it was pretty good!

I'll join you in the minority. I liked the ABC Commissary and will visit it again.:banana: However, the posters are correct: there aren't many good CS restaurants in the studios.

Now if you ask me about the Clambake Buffet at Cape May, I would have to say that it ranks up there as being the worst meal I have ever had at WDW. What makes it the worst is that it could have been an excellent experience at a great hotel.

I think MGM has the worst CS of all the parks. The past few trips we've had lunch at Toy Story Pizza or the Sci Fi.

Personally, I'd rather eat a Mickey bar, a cookie from the bakery, and a handfull of candy from the confectionary than to ever go back to Sci-fi. But also, I have never had a bad CS, except for that one time I got the turkey leg :scared::rolleyes1

I am not a fan of the CS meals at MGM either. Just haven't found anything we like :confused3

This forces (yes forces :lmao: ) us to head over to B&C :rolleyes1

I know I'm in the minority here but we thought O'Hana's was gross! I think we are the only people to feel this way. I always say, every restaurant has bad nights and I guess we hit it...the meat was just alright..it tasted like mega slautered beef and we were rushed. Oh well, maybe someday we'll give it another try!
Everyone in our party liked Sci-Fi...the milkshakes-delicious and we ordered cheeseburgers and a chicken sandwich...everyone was pleased.
IMHO!!!:)

It sounds like the basic problem of the commisary hasn't been fixed. When we went, we too found the cuban rock hard. We went before the rush, saw just a ton of food out in the bins. We left as the rush came and all that food was still there and 1/2 hour older. There is no telling how long it was up before we got there. Too long obviously. That is the one thing in the fast food industry you have to guard against. Employees not sticking to hold times.

I'd have to say the ABC com was one of only two truly bad counter meals we've ever had at WDW. The other was at a place that was normally quite good. Tangierine Cafe.

Someone mentioned the pizza place. Toy Story Pizza Planet. It's food service Pizza. But I found the veggie pizza to be quite good. The Pizza was hot and the salad cold.

We just retunred from our trip, and had visited the Commissary...I have to say that it was overall not great. I had a Cuban, which I found decent. The previous issue of the rock hard bread was not there for me. But my wife had the Cheeseburger and it was Horrid :sick:. I tried a bite and it tasted like shoe leather.

My daughters each tried the Curry and the Vegetable noodle dish with the Curry tasting like chili (her words, not mine), and the noodles with no flavor even after a ton of soy sauce. Even the deserts were lacking in flavor.

Having been in the military...I had to check the sign outside to make sure it said ABC Commissary, and not the Post Commissary...:sad2:

When we go to MGM, we always eat lunch at the 50's Primetime. I think their roast beef is one of the best things I've ever eaten at Disney, the desserts are great, and the service is always fun. It's the only place we eat at when we go to MGM. Well, sometimes we'll drop by Sci-Fi for a milkshake.

I have to agree. We love 50's prime time and have eaten there on our last 2 visits. Havent had anything bad there yet.

Next year we are trying the sci-fi

I'm with everyone else. ABC Commissary was the worst meal we ate at Disney. It was absolutely terrible.

In fact, it was so bad, we trashed the food and grabbed food when we returned to the resort.

Blech!

We didn't like the ABC either. We ate there in Feb. We just had a quick hamburger/fries and fish/fries meal. It wasn't enough to take the edge off our hunger. The meat was gristly and greasy. We won't eat there again.

Pizza Planet used to have great large cheese pizzas.....now they are just little crusty yucky things.

Not much counter service to choose from at MGM....

Besides MGM is hard to plan the day's activities in advance because you never know what time the shows are going to be until you get there. Then it is a mad scramble to try to figure out how to see all the shows and still have lunch! We had ADR's for Sci Fi but missed them because we would have had to forfeit seeing Indiana Jones.

we went to the abc commissary a couple of years ago and the food wasn't great, but it was alright.

Later, my mom had a terrible case of food poisoning. My advice: stay away from the abc comm.

... Is Disney trying to force people to eat every meal TS????
No, I thought they are trying to make most TS restaurants to run like CS restaurants as they manage the DDP.:eek: ABC Commissary is CS, thus they put out fast food...not fresh, prepared and in some cases made totally in advance, fried, high fat content, heat or fry to serve, with the focus on portion size and value...just what the mainstream ask for and gets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter