• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst WDW meal ever!!!

Yakatori House at the Japan Pavillion in Epcot has been my worst experience to date. Also, it seems to me that the TS restaurants in Epcot just want to rush you out the door.

ABC Comm here too. I tried it several times and each trip was disappointed. We too try to avoid eating at MGM.

We've eaten at the Commissary multiple times in prior years and have always enjoyed it. Sounds from your experience like it may be on the decline. We're going in a couple weeks and I'm sure we'll eat here again - I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the warning. I agree that MGM doesn't have the CS options that the other parks do.

This was hands down our worst meal at WDW. The service was awful (we had a new waiter, but he couldn't get ANYTHING right) - we asked for coke, he brought us coffee, brought us an appetizer we didn't order, we all got the wrong meals when the entrees finally arrived. I also placed an order early in the dinner to take back to the room (for my husband who was there with the kids), and he completely forgot to put that in (so our choice was to leave without food for him, or wait another 30 minutes for it). You could tell the poor guy was WAY over his head. It got to the point where we actually laughing about it, it was so bad.

So when the correct food FINALLY arrived? Terrible. My dad had prime rib (which was dry and awful)...it was like bad highway diner food. We finally called the manager over to tell him that after sitting there for 2 hours, we finally got our entrees, and they were AWFUL.

The manager was very apologetic and comped the entire meal...then offered for us to come back the next day for another free meal so they could redeem themselves...and it was so bad, that yes, we turned down their offer to come back.

Laughable that this restaurant is in their flagship hotel! (Did I add that this was in early December, value season, and about 1/4 of the restaurant was full?)

My worst dining experience was at Concourse Steakhouse. The steaks were overcooked and gristly (I know we should have sent them back.) The service was spotty, and it was just a disappointing meal. Others have reported positive experiences at this restaurant, so I think a lot depends on the luck of the draw.

I was kind of excited to try the ABC Commissary. But when my sisters and I went in March, I got bad vibes just walking into the place. The seating areas were darkened, despite the windows everywhere, and the place was just overwhelming. Nothing looked appealing. So, we did Toy Story's Pizza Planet instead. What a great decision. Eveything was delicious! The ladies really enjoyed it.

IMO the price is fine the food quality stinks. Food shouldn't always be about quantity........quality is a wonderful thing!

To each their own, but I don't agree with this. I expect a good portion for the type of prices TS commands. At almost all the restaurants on our DDP in April, I only left one time without feeling hungry and that was at LTT. I don't enjoy a dinner when I leave still feeling hungry, and I'm not a large person either.

Our worst meal by far was at Mama Melrose. They seated us in a busy path where the servers were congregating and discussing their tables. One of the waitresses backed up and actually put her butt on the edge of our table, until I said "Excuse ME!!" The place was less than 1/2 full as we had an early dinner/ late lunch. Our waiter could not answer any questions about the menu, nor could he seem to keep our beverages refilled. I would have to ask at least 2 if not 3 times. The food itself was very poor and once again the portions were small as well. I can only think that since tip was included in the 2007 DDP, this waiter we got, certainly didn't deserve even half of that. I know we'll never go back there.

In all of Disney, there is nothing that can compare, in terms of being bad, to what follows. Now I will admit that if we are talking about a restaurant in general then the Commissary may not be my favorite (been there, done that, and will not return) but if we are talking about a specific "entree" nothing in Orlando can top "Kosher Corned Beef on rye roll with potato croquettes and carrots" at Cosmic Ray's in Magic Kingdom. This gelatinous mass is virtually inedible (in fact, we couldn't eat most of it). They will even show you the item itself or a picture of it before serving it to you and then will ask you if you still want it. Believe it or not, we said "Yes". They looked at us funny, asked "Are you sure?", and we once again responded "Yes". Being from the upper Midwest where we were used to fine corned beef, served by any number of nationalities, we could think of no reason to say no. Kosher was fine - as most Kosher foods are outstanding - so we went ahead thinking that we could get something a little different than the usual for lunch. This "thing" was something else. Lest I make someone sick with a detailed description - be warned. If a Disney server asks if you really want that to eat, you might be better served by saying no.

I would like to interject here that if food purchased at a CS resturant is not served to your liking, you are under no obligation to either eat it or throw it away. You are welcome to return to the counter, present the uneaten portion, tell the CM why you felt the meal was not to your liking, and ask for an alternate selection. I've had to do this once or twice and each time I was pleased with Disney's response.

Additionally, every time I've been faced with a mandatory tip and service has not been to my standards (which are admittedly low), a manager has always been gracious enough listen to my concerns and attempt to correct the situation.

That said, the worst two places I've ever dined were the Rainforest Cafe (the atmosphere struggled gamely to compensate for the nearly inedible microwaved mess I was served) and El Pirata Y El Perico (if a restaurant is only "open seasonally" there's usually a pretty good reason - like the food not being good enough to merit the location being open permanently).

I would like to interject here that if food purchased at a CS resturant is not served to your liking, you are under no obligation to either eat it or throw it away. You are welcome to return to the counter, present the uneaten portion, tell the CM why you felt the meal was not to your liking, and ask for an alternate selection. I've had to do this once or twice and each time I was pleased with Disney's response.

You make a good point. Most people don't think to request something better when they eat out. I'm sure Disney strives to keep the same standards for every aspect of their business. So, I'll try to remember that next time I visit.

My bunch favors the 50's Prime Time. It is not wonderful, but is usually entertaining and the food is okay. I agree, MGM needs better CS food. The ABC Comm. is the pitts. If we don't eat at the 50's, we will usually just go back to the resort and grab something there.

I'm going to be in the minority here, but I like ABC Comissary. When I ate there the food was hot and fresh.

They will even show you the item itself or a picture of it before serving it to you and then will ask you if you still want it. Believe it or not, we said "Yes". They looked at us funny, asked "Are you sure?", and we once again responded "Yes". Being from the upper Midwest where we were used to fine corned beef, served by any number of nationalities, we could think of no reason to say no. Kosher was fine - as most Kosher foods are outstanding - so we went ahead thinking that we could get something a little different than the usual for lunch. This "thing" was something else.

Just an observation: The Disney chefs don't make the Kosher meals. Those meals are brought in from a non-Disney provider offsite, Weberman Products of Miami. So you're right--they may not live up to the awesome Disney chef standards! (No offense to Weberman, as I'm sure they were selected for a reason. But, they're not Disney.)

Kosher buffets available? Not from Disney's non-Kosher kitchens. Instead, Kosher diners can get pre-plated meals sealed in little divided plastic trays, complete with little plastic silverware. Now, that's overall a good thing; it means Kosher diners get safe food from Kosher kitchens, with utensils never used in non-Kosher kitchens. Some other diners have complained about the quality ... ahem ... not quite matching the options available to others, though.

We thought Toy Story Pizza Planet was really good. You get tons of food for a CS credit on the dining plan.:goodvibes

My kids love Pizza Planet. They love the Pizza, and I enjoy the meals also. You get a large drink and salad with your meal, plus dessert!! All this for one CS credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter