Working out

NikLoven

Earning My Ears
I recently started working out in an effort to get back to my pre baby weight and I was curious what kind of workouts other single parents do with their kids. I go to the gym when I can but I'd like to find things I can do with my son as well. We've tried biking together but since he's not that good at it yet it turns into a meltdown. What else do you guys do to get up and moving with the kid(s)?

I do 3 miles runs/walks with my daughter in the jogging stroller. She is 3 months from turning 4, so I have a while before she has to get out of it!LOL! I also do videos on Amazon Prime. They are only about 30 mins and she usually keeps up with me

My boys are older.. Teens! But, when they were younger we would walk to the high school and I would jog or walk around the baseball field and they would play in the grass. I would bring snacks and a ball to tide them over.

I get up early and workout before I get him up for school. We also go for walks on the weekends, and he will ride his balance bike. He refuses to ride his pedal bike lol. I have a trail gator but need to get myself a better bike so I can hook his to mine and we can ride that way. During the school year I will sometimes walk up to get him after school, the walk home is obviously slower going :) I use a variety of exercise videos in the morning.

My kids and I walk the dog when I get home from work most evenings. During baseball season my daughter and I walk around the fields during my sons warm ups.

I get up early and workout before I get him up for school. We also go for walks on the weekends, and he will ride his balance bike. He refuses to ride his pedal bike lol. I have a trail gator but need to get myself a better bike so I can hook his to mine and we can ride that way. During the school year I will sometimes walk up to get him after school, the walk home is obviously slower going :) I use a variety of exercise videos in the morning.

I'm thinking about trying this when I go back to work. (I'm a teacher.) I figure if I exercise in the early morning, when I come home, I can just chill out instead of running in the house, change clothes, and run back out to get my miles in. Is it really hard to be consistent with the early mornings?

Last edited:
I'm thinking about trying this when I go back to work. (I'm a teacher.) I figure if I exercise in the early morning, when I come home, I can just chill out instead of running in the house, change clothes, and run back out to get my miles in. Is it really hard to be consistent with the early mornings?

It can be very hard to get up and do it. I make sure to have my workout clothes ready to go. I use a wake up light as an alarm clock which I find helps. I know if I don't do the workout in the morning I won't get it done, too much other stuff comes up over the day. I started when the time changed, when the clocks went backwards (I think lol) so I was getting up an hour earlier but it was really the same time. That helped me get started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter