WONDERous adventures on the Panama Canal - 4/23/17

Count us in! This will be number 16 for the DW & I. :yay::yay: And, I'm dragging along my parents, as my Dad has always wanted to see the Panama Canal. I think this will be number 8 or 9 for them (I've lost track). lol. I managed to snag one of the SPH rooms on opening day. I booked my parents an 11B, they'll just be happy to be on the ship. Looks like lots of experienced DCL cruisers on this sailing. Like others, we will also be empty nesters by then, so will be cruising on our own. WooHoo! :drinking1:drinking1
party:
Congrads on bringing alone your parents, I envy you...and congrads on getting the SPH room.. may I ask which view did you get????... Did you have your choice of all 6 when you booked????

Welcome @missyp @Ohana 4 @Simba One @MN Dis Fans ! :banana:

I am all about variety. Last year I was in a balcony, this year we splurged and got a 1 bedroom concierge and for the PC cruise I went with a window. I can do any room as long as I have natural light, no insides for me.

Cool! I don't think we've ever gotten the same room twice either and we've been lucky with enjoying all of them. I'll bet it was so wonderful to have all that space in the 1BR concierge!! :cloud9:

Also when Disney let people in the park did my bride or kids offer to stay with me and provide me companionship or moral support, heck no they went around me like I was road kill..
Not even a sympathy Dole Whip delivery??? :confused3 Great idea to blurt out trading calls though. :rotfl2:

ha ha.. well you were smarter than me... We had never booked opening day before, I was thinking ok we get to the park at 7:30.. 8am call
maybe spend 15 mins on hold and then by 8:30 done.. plenty of time to see the opening show and make line drop.. Was I a maroon..

Did get in at 8:00 am and was told there would be over a 15 min wait.. cool I thought so I am done by 8:45 can still see the opening show..
After opening show still on hold.. but my bride tried to get in dozens of times but could only get a busy tone, so just had to hold out and pray the battery does also...

Also when Disney let people in the park did my bride or kids offer to stay with me and provide me companionship or moral support, heck no they went around me like I was road kill..

So I moved over to the far end of the entrance where it was quieter and in the shade .. Ever so often to provide some added entertainment for the crowd when someone would walk by me I would say in a frenzied voice "buy buy get everything you can under 22 1/8th" or when I was feeling a little low and sorry for myself I would say "Sell Sell".. just wanted sound a little cool, and not just be that idiot out there on the phone while the park is open.

Finally got to talk to a real person at about 9:40 all booked by 9:50..

And I must have picked up some extra magic pixie dust because DD calls to meet at the Buzz Lightyear ride.. It was a real small crowd and was able to walk on 4 times in a row.. and DD finally got her Galactic hero pin and a great day began.
I would have loved to see you, that would have been hilarious :rotfl2: I decided to book it on my iPad as I figured it would be quicker and based on your tale I was right! WDW really needs a place where you can book cruises.

Congrads on bringing alone your parents, I envy you...and congrads on getting the SPH room.. may I ask which view did you get????... Did you have your choice of all 6 when you booked????

We got 5020 (non-connecting), and they were all available when I booked. I managed to call in exactly when booking opened @ 800AM for Gold / Platinum cruisers. Reluctant to spill my secret, but the afternoon before I called the DCL number, and went through all of the voice prompts several times, so when I called morning of, I didn't wait to hear the entire blurbs for each option. I also pulled up the atomic clock so I could call in at precisely 800AM Eastern. (not sure if DCL call centers, and phone / computer systems are tied to this, but it's worked for me every time that I have done this so far. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I decided to book it on my iPad as I figured it would be quicker and based on your tale I was right! WDW really needs a place where you can book cruises.

Ok if I may ask a rookie question, when you booked on your Ipad, how do you select a specific room??? When I book online, you select a class of room, and then a floor, and then choose between aft, middle or forward..

and then you usually get 6 or so rooms to choose from, but what if you want a room that is not one of the offered rooms...????

Count us in! This will be number 16 for the DW & I. :yay::yay: And, I'm dragging along my parents, as my Dad has always wanted to see the Panama Canal. I think this will be number 8 or 9 for them (I've lost track). lol. I managed to snag one of the SPH rooms on opening day. I booked my parents an 11B, they'll just be happy to be on the ship. Looks like lots of experienced DCL cruisers on this sailing. Like others, we will also be empty nesters by then, so will be cruising on our own. WooHoo! :drinking1:drinking1
party:

If you're on the port side, we're neighbors!

So cool, we are from Indiana also.. Congrads on the SPR.. one of the many rooms on my list... May I ask, which view did you get ??????

We got the ugliest of the three views (the two stacked barrels) but I don't care. I'm thrilled to have natural light at a bargain price :) What part of indiana are you from?

Ok if I may ask a rookie question, when you booked on your Ipad, how do you select a specific room??? When I book online, you select a class of room, and then a floor, and then choose between aft, middle or forward..

and then you usually get 6 or so rooms to choose from, but what if you want a room that is not one of the offered rooms...????
I'm not sure if you can type in a specific room or not, although I've seen that option somewhere. I just picked a room and then went back and modified it after it was booked. You always have the option of modifying your reservation, so I may change rooms again.

Good morning all!! Almost my whole immediate Adult family will be joining DH and I on this cruise in 372 days!

I've posted a ******** group since I've found that some people greatly preferred DisBoards and then there are others like my mother

Who getting and using Facebook is a feat and prefer this option!

So excited!!!
You are aware that links to other social media sites are not allowed, right? Here's the policy (from the stickys on the first page):
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Yes, we are very excited for this summer's cruise. We had planned on taking a year off to recover financially from all of our amazing cruises over the past few years. The WBPC cruises up until this year have been right before school ended, so I had kind of given up on it for the near future. I was so excited to see that 2016 was at the beginning of May, and then 2017 actually starts in April, so we could make it work! I read and enjoyed Flossbina's trip report as well. I would love to read yours, but I can't see it. Help?

Here you go

http://www.disboards.com/threads/fr...ama-canal-with-a-couple-of-stowaways.3413081/

We got the ugliest of the three views (the two stacked barrels) but I don't care. I'm thrilled to have natural light at a bargain price :) What part of indiana are you from?

I do not think that view is ugly, I do like the look of those life rafts in a drum.. We are from the Indianapolis area.

ha ha.. well you were smarter than me... We had never booked opening day before, I was thinking ok we get to the park at 7:30.. 8am call
maybe spend 15 mins on hold and then by 8:30 done.. plenty of time to see the opening show and make line drop.. Was I a maroon..

Did get in at 8:00 am and was told there would be over a 15 min wait.. cool I thought so I am done by 8:45 can still see the opening show..
After opening show still on hold.. but my bride tried to get in dozens of times but could only get a busy tone, so just had to hold out and pray the battery does also...

So I moved over to the far end of the entrance where it was quieter and in the shade .. Ever so often to provide some added entertainment for the crowd when someone would walk by me I would say in a frenzied voice "buy buy get everything you can under 22 1/8th" or when I was feeling a little low and sorry for myself I would say "Sell Sell".. just wanted sound a little cool, and not just be that idiot out there on the phone while the park is open.

Finally got to talk to a real person at about 9:40 all booked by 9:50..

And I must have picked up some extra magic pixie dust because DD calls to meet at the Buzz Lightyear ride.. It was a real small crowd and was able to walk on 4 times in a row.. and DD finally got her Galactic hero pin and a great day began.

this is hysterical!!!

I called in on opening day tentatively booked this cruise:rolleyes1, then i talked to the DH. I put my deposit down today... :yay:

We are from Ontario Canada and this is our 20th anniversary cruise. We've been talking about it for what seems like forever. It will be just the two of us on our 6th cruise. Back on the Wonder! Love the Wonder and can't wait to see her after Dry Dock!

On our last cruise I was able to book a private Mixology :drinking1class for us DISers, So once we get closer, if any are interested, we can try to set something up!

I called in on opening day tentatively booked this cruise:rolleyes1, then i talked to the DH. I put my deposit down today... :yay:

We are from Ontario Canada and this is our 20th anniversary cruise. We've been talking about it for what seems like forever. It will be just the two of us on our 6th cruise. Back on the Wonder! Love the Wonder and can't wait to see her after Dry Dock!

On our last cruise I was able to book a private Mixology :drinking1class for us DISers, So once we get closer, if any are interested, we can try to set something up!

Happy early anniversary! My husband and I will be celebrating our 21st anniversary on this cruise on April,27.

party:

So great you are bringing your parents. I think they will really love this cruise.

Hi again Julia, it's Joh here. I loved the private mixology when we did it on our last couple of cruises and was also look at setting something up for this one. Hoping to get a couple of other private tastings going too.

So great you are bringing your parents. I think they will really love this cruise.

Not quite sure that my DW is very excited about my parents coming along, :rolleyes1 although she says she's OK with it as long as we have some alone couples time.

Hi again Julia, it's Joh here. I loved the private mixology when we did it on our last couple of cruises and was also look at setting something up for this one. Hoping to get a couple of other private tastings going too.

Private Mixology & Private Tastings! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We'll be there. We've had a lot of fun :drinking1doing these on past cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter