• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread December 1-29 2012 Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARGH! Are you kidding me???? I missed it! WAH!

What's sad, is I checked this afternoon too. It looks like I was about 15 minutes early.

Woot! Got 7pm, on 11/28, our first!

That's the one I was trying for. No available tables :-(

Got a seat booked for the night of the MVMCP. Not my preference to double pay for that block of time, but it's the only time I can do it unless I cancel my BoG ADR. And that is SO not happening. LOL

And I got a second spot. My first choice date was the 28th. Booked. I'm doing the Christmas party on the 27th, but that was available. I've got BoG on the 24th. The dessert party is available that night too. My BoG is at 6:10 and the Wishes party is at 9:05. Since I'm not thrilled with the dessert selections at BoG anyway, the food part is feasible, but is that enough time between the two? I REALLY don't want to use valuable party time (at $12 an hour for the party!)

Thoughts?

That's the one I was trying for. No available tables :-(

Got a seat booked for the night of the MVMCP. Not my preference to double pay for that block of time, but it's the only time I can do it unless I cancel my BoG ADR. And that is SO not happening. LOL

And I got a second spot. My first choice date was the 28th. Booked. I'm doing the Christmas party on the 27th, but that was available. I've got BoG on the 24th. The dessert party is available that night too. My BoG is at 6:10 and the Wishes party is at 9:05. Since I'm not thrilled with the dessert selections at BoG anyway, the food part is feasible, but is that enough time between the two? I REALLY don't want to use valuable party time (at $12 an hour for the party!)

Thoughts?

I made my BOG for the night we are doing the Party so dinner is at 4:30 and I figure by 8:30 when the Dessert Party starts the first parade will be going which they say is the more crowded one anyway so we will just do the 2nd parade that night.
As far as timing between dinner and the party that was a concern for me too because in March we ate dinner at Tony's @ 5 and the Dessert Party was at 7 and we were stuffed and ended up not even going to the party instead headed back to our resort

I got Thursday November 29th. THat is a MVMCP night and I have tickets for that. I am so thrilled. Now I just need december 3 and all my reservations will be complete.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I am begining to wonder how quickly the website updates available number of seats. It looks like there are at least 21 people booked for 11/11, yet I can still make a reservation online for 36 people, same number as I could immediately after I made my real reservation for a party of 5. It looks like there are at least two parties of 5, one party of 7, and two other tables booked (Didnt say how many people), so how is this possible?

Booked our party of 3 for November 14th! :thumbsup2. Last thing I was waiting for - so excited! Now if my DH and I can just continue to keep this trip a secret from our DS until November!

Just got 11/23! Super excited this is our first party and hoping this will minimize the Thanksgiving crowds. Also BoG for an early dinner. Looks like a fun day. Planning is complete!:cool1:

I am begining to wonder how quickly the website updates available number of seats. It looks like there are at least 21 people booked for 11/11, yet I can still make a reservation online for 36 people, same number as I could immediately after I made my real reservation for a party of 5. It looks like there are at least two parties of 5, one party of 7, and two other tables booked (Didnt say how many people), so how is this possible?

When i went last year there were def more than 50 people that attended. I don't think that using that can really tell how many people have booked.

Question:

If there are more than 50 spots left, why is my reservation at 9:10? I thought earlier meant better seating. If there are that many seats, does that mean I will get a good table? They do it based on first reservations?

Whew!!! I got our party booked on 11/06 at 7:10pm! I was out of town yesterday and didn't see the post that resies had opened - after checking DAILY for weeks! I thought the post was from today and was casually getting my laptop going then noticed all the posts started YESTERDAY! I panicked! But all is well! Now to sit back and wait for Nov 3rd to get here!:yay::cheer2::banana::cool1:

Just booked for November 18. :thumbsup2 This is actually the latest after the dates opened that I've booked, so I'll be curious to see where our table is. We've always been in the front. :goodvibes

Question:

If there are more than 50 spots left, why is my reservation at 9:10? I thought earlier meant better seating. If there are that many seats, does that mean I will get a good table? They do it based on first reservations?

Your seating location isn't based on the time of your reservation, it's based on when you MAKE your reservation. We've always made our ressies within the first 24 hours of the dates being open, and we've always been in the front row.

I booked for a party of 7 and got a message saying "your party may be seated at separate tables". How likely is that to happen? Does Disney split parties up, or is that just a general warning they make in case they need to do it?

11 for November 4!

I checked last night at 4:15 pm with no luck, and figured they were done for the night. I did not check back until this morning and 7:00 pm was available.

As the party fills, do the reservation times offered go later? Does 7 pm being available mean they are a lot of spots left?

I booked for a party of 7 and got a message saying "your party may be seated at separate tables". How likely is that to happen? Does Disney split parties up, or is that just a general warning they make in case they need to do it?

Not likely. We're a family of 6 and I've noticed that always pops up as the restaurants/events start to become full. We've never been split up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter