Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread December 1-29 2012 Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the one I was trying for. No available tables :-(

Got a seat booked for the night of the MVMCP. Not my preference to double pay for that block of time, but it's the only time I can do it unless I cancel my BoG ADR. And that is SO not happening. LOL

And I got a second spot. My first choice date was the 28th. Booked. I'm doing the Christmas party on the 27th, but that was available. I've got BoG on the 24th. The dessert party is available that night too. My BoG is at 6:10 and the Wishes party is at 9:05. Since I'm not thrilled with the dessert selections at BoG anyway, the food part is feasible, but is that enough time between the two? I REALLY don't want to use valuable party time (at $12 an hour for the party!)

Thoughts?

Lisa,

I just checked online and there is a table for 4 available on Nov. 28. Maybe you could book now and adjust the reservation later.

Minniesota2002

If there are more than 50 spots left, why is my reservation at 9:10? I thought earlier meant better seating. If there are that many seats, does that mean I will get a good table? They do it based on first reservations?

The time of your reservation will be the same for everyone that night. There is only one party and it starts about an hour before the fireworks show. So if fireworks are at 10, your reservations are at 9, if fireworks are at 8, your reservations are at 7, etc. Everyone attending that night will get the same time.

:yay:Woo Hoo! Just got for Nov 26 party of 5!!!:yay:

We got Nov. 26th too. Made ressies last night. Just checked for availability & the 26th looks like it's sold out already. I was hoping we made the ressie early enough for great seats, but now I'm not so sure. Oh well, We'll enjoy it no matter where we sit. :wizard:

The time of your reservation will be the same for everyone that night. There is only one party and it starts about an hour before the fireworks show. So if fireworks are at 10, your reservations are at 9, if fireworks are at 8, your reservations are at 7, etc. Everyone attending that night will get the same time.

Actually, there will be scattered reservation times. A 9pm wishes for example had times of 7:00 and 7:20, etc. The main thing is that regardless of you specific time, they will let everyone with a reservation in at the same time. Theory is however, that the earlier reservation time = a better spot. Who knows if that is true though!

I had heard that you need to be there very early, because once they open the doors it's a crazy free for all to get the best tables... So is that not true? Do they seat people at specific tables? I hope it's not a free for all, that freaks me right out lol. Hoping to go to my first dessert party this December!

It is not a free for all. It is assigned seating, your party's name will be taped to the table. At least that's how it was when I was there in April.

Hedley said:
It is not a free for all. It is assigned seating, your party's name will be taped to the table. At least that's how it was when I was there in April.

Thanks so much!! That eases my anxiety over it! :D

Dalamara said:
I had heard that you need to be there very early, because once they open the doors it's a crazy free for all to get the best tables... So is that not true? Do they seat people at specific tables? I hope it's not a free for all, that freaks me right out lol. Hoping to go to my first dessert party this December!

It is assigned seating and each table has a card with that family's name on it. I went on July 4 and each table had a sparkly centerpiece with a personalized table card that said, "Independence Day 2012 The (family) Party. Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom Park" It was a great souvenir!

Also, people were lined up outside the host podium at least :30 mins before they began seating anyone. It was not necessary but we didn't know at the time. They replenished the desserts often. They will give you a wristband so you can leave and return.

I hope you get an ADR - this was definitely money well spent as much for the view as it was for the sweets, IMO.

It is assigned seating and each table has a card with that family's name on it. I went on July 4 and each table had a sparkly centerpiece with a personalized table card that said, "Independence Day 2012 The (family) Party. Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom Park" It was a great souvenir!

Also, people were lined up outside the host podium at least :30 mins before they began seating anyone. It was not necessary but we didn't know at the time. They replenished the desserts often. They will give you a wristband so you can leave and return.

I hope you get an ADR - this was definitely money well spent as much for the view as it was for the sweets, IMO.

Agreed.

Seats are assigned. People line up early but you don't need to do that. There is plenty of time and they replenish. It's definately wonderful!

Actually, there will be scattered reservation times. A 9pm wishes for example had times of 7:00 and 7:20, etc. The main thing is that regardless of you specific time, they will let everyone with a reservation in at the same time. Theory is however, that the earlier reservation time = a better spot. Who knows if that is true though

No it doesn't. 7:00 reservations are only for 8:00 Wishes. It's an hour before show (I think 50 minutes if you want to be technical.) I've done this several times. If Wishes is scheduled at 9:00 and you show up at 7:00, there won't be anyone there. They set up right before they open.

I have a question. The only time available when I checked for our party is 9:00. That night the parade is at 9 and fireworks at 10. If we want to watch the parade can we watch it then show up even though it would put us past 9? May-be go by and tell them we are here and will come back when parade is over? How would that work?
Thanks,
Melissa

No it doesn't. 7:00 reservations are only for 8:00 Wishes. It's an hour before show (I think 50 minutes if you want to be technical.) I've done this several times. If Wishes is scheduled at 9:00 and you show up at 7:00, there won't be anyone there. They set up right before they open.

OK, really not trying to get into an argument here. I am simply saying that there are in fact different reservation times. I too, have done the party multiple times, and just booked for November last night. Wishes is 8pm on my date (I typed a 9 by accident while posting from my phone - sorry.

I was just trying to reassure another poster that while she may have a later "reservation time" everyone is allowed to enter the party at the same time. Approx. an hour before the start of Wishes.

I have a question. The only time available when I checked for our party is 9:00. That night the parade is at 9 and fireworks at 10. If we want to watch the parade can we watch it then show up even though it would put us past 9? May-be go by and tell them we are here and will come back when parade is over? How would that work?
Thanks,
Melissa

You can arrive at any time from opening of the Dessert Party till it's close. They will give you wrist bands so you can go in and out of the party location.

I am begining to wonder how quickly the website updates available number of seats. It looks like there are at least 21 people booked for 11/11, yet I can still make a reservation online for 36 people, same number as I could immediately after I made my real reservation for a party of 5. It looks like there are at least two parties of 5, one party of 7, and two other tables booked (Didnt say how many people), so how is this possible?

How can you see how many tables are booked?

Got my ressie for 5 on 28 Nov! Yippee! All my bookings done and so looking forward to our trip!:cool1:

Interesting. This was over an hour after I got "no availability" for the 28th. Calling WDW-DINE now.....

How long after wishes do they stop serving the desserts, I was hoping to hang around to miss the mad exit from the park:)

Lisa,

I just checked online and there is a table for 4 available on Nov. 28. Maybe you could book now and adjust the reservation later.

Minniesota2002

I checked again this morning after I saw someone had booked an hour after me. No party of 1, no party of two, but lo and behold, party of 3! Called WDW Dine and the CM said his system showed NO PARTY on the 28th?! So I told him I was looking at a reservation available for a party of 3 at 7:20. Asked if I booked it, could he modify to party of 1. He said yes and stayed on the phone with me. AND IT'S DONE! Party of 1 for Nov 28th at 7:20! WOO HOO! Hunter at WDW Dining is MY HERO! :love:

How can you see how many tables are booked?

I was just taking a guess at the total number of people booked before I booked plus my table by seeing who posted here and the November group on FB that they had booked on the same day as me. It was only a guess to try and figure out how early I was in terms of booking my table. Also, the website allows you to book for up to 50 ppl, but someone stated the area actually can hold up to 160 people.

So basically, my guess may be way off!

the tables will have your las name on them already and they show you to your tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter