Wish Trippers...Unite!! Volume One

Wendy, sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way today! Thinking of Michael, you, and the whole family!:love:

Wendy, Just wanted to let you know we are still pulling for you!:hug:

A quick update: Braetons lungs now just have a very faint wheeze at the end of a breath, so we are now officially recovering:woohoo: He has had a tough 6 weeks since we got back from our trip, but the photos and memories have helped a lot! Thanks to those of you that the sent the kind words of sympathy and encouragement this past week. We are doing pretty good. Shannon has his moments of grief, but is really handling it well. Tyler is much better. I talked to his counselor at school and let her know the situation but so far he's been o.k. Braeton is just Braeton.
A lot of you already know this, but I don't think I ever posted it on this thread. We have been accepted by Habitat and are buying and building a house through Habitat!!! We've had a lot of delays, BUT...... They poored one side of the road YESTERDAY!!!!! So our dream of getting our house @ the beginning of the year may very well come true. ORiginally we were to have it before Christmas, But Hey I'll take end of Jan /Feb even beginning of March!!:woohoo: Actually it's proving to be a blessing, because of all the unexpected sickness, hospital visits and my MILs passing money is a little tight right now, so Income Tax will be what we use for our closing cost. Since that is what we pay before we move it. :goodvibes
Oh and Braetons ears are healling very VERY Well. We go the day before Thanksgiving and it's very possible he can stop wearing the headband then!
Anywho, that's our lives right now. Seems like we all got something going on right now, :hug: to you all!!

Wendy-
:goodvibes :hug: :grouphug: more :goodvibes and a big:hug: and many prayers.

LeeLee- That is fantastic news about your house. You seem like such an awesome family that has delt with a lot more than your share of crud and so deserving of a habitat home. I do hope you will be in it sooner than later, as I know the idea of being in your own home must sound pretty good right now. Wish I could be there to help on the project! I hope you will share pictures as things progress too. Also good news on Braeton healing. Keep the good news coming!! My prayers continue to be with all of you.

Wendy, we are thinking of you today and keeping you in our prayers. :hug:

LeeLee2U, awesome news about the house. Hope Braeton keeps feeling better. :hug:

Wendy- Sending many hugs:grouphug: and prayers for you and your family today, but especially for Michael. He's a strong and reslient boy and I'm sure he'll make it through with flying colors.

We are all pulling for him and praying deeply. There is no other way than the power of prayers and trust me, by the look of it you most definitely have the power of prayers. Never give up, we love you and your family deeply and we look forward to hearing how everything went!

Sending oodles of positive thoughts and :goodvibes your way!

Ps- Sorry I haven't been on lately- we have been so busy trying to get everything finished and packed. But I have just caught up with everyone's TR updates so life is now good again:)

PSS- It's only TWO days before we leave, we are all so EXCITED!!!:woohoo:

Wendy, Just wanted to let you know we are still pulling for you!:hug:

A quick update: Braetons lungs now just have a very faint wheeze at the end of a breath, so we are now officially recovering:woohoo: He has had a tough 6 weeks since we got back from our trip, but the photos and memories have helped a lot! Thanks to those of you that the sent the kind words of sympathy and encouragement this past week. We are doing pretty good. Shannon has his moments of grief, but is really handling it well. Tyler is much better. I talked to his counselor at school and let her know the situation but so far he's been o.k. Braeton is just Braeton.
A lot of you already know this, but I don't think I ever posted it on this thread. We have been accepted by Habitat and are buying and building a house through Habitat!!! We've had a lot of delays, BUT...... They poored one side of the road YESTERDAY!!!!! So our dream of getting our house @ the beginning of the year may very well come true. ORiginally we were to have it before Christmas, But Hey I'll take end of Jan /Feb even beginning of March!!:woohoo: Actually it's proving to be a blessing, because of all the unexpected sickness, hospital visits and my MILs passing money is a little tight right now, so Income Tax will be what we use for our closing cost. Since that is what we pay before we move it. :goodvibes
Oh and Braetons ears are healling very VERY Well. We go the day before Thanksgiving and it's very possible he can stop wearing the headband then!
Anywho, that's our lives right now. Seems like we all got something going on right now, :hug: to you all!!

Leah:

Glad to hear everything is starting to come together. You know we all expect to see pics of the house!

Elisa

Someone posted on Wendy's trip thread - the surgery is over - please check there for details until someone with a better memory than I have can copy the post over here.

Hi all. I posted on Wendy's trip thread that I had a message from her this morning around 10:45 CST that the surgery was over and things were looking good. I will hopefully talk to Wendy again tomorrow as we're trying to arrange to meet up with them Sat to help her MIL entertain Danae for a little while. I'll let you know if I hear any more.

So glad to hear that things look good for Michael. We're officially on lockdown (except for Disney trip) until March. Take care. Karen

Hi all. I'll post a more technical post here. Tia, thanks for updating everyone. Michael is doing well. He's finally off O2 and sating at about 95%. A little low for him but good for being out of surgery. His foley is out and he's had a sip of water. His belly hurts but that's to be expected. He's also on morphine about every four hours (just before they do chest palpitations) since he's having a hard time coughing (go figure). The hospital and staff have been awesome. We're hoping for some musical therapy here to get him out of bed and moving. They have promised him some drums! Oh, and he never had to go to the ICU. He was off the vent right after surgery! How awesome is that!?!

Thanks everyone for all your support! We feel it out here in St.Louis!

Leelee, that is awesome news about Braeton and about Habitat! I can't wait to see the house!

Take care everyone!

BTW, I got a shower after only 48 hours! Yeah!!

Yay for Michael! And a shower after only 48 hours?!? Things are going well!! :hug: We're all still with ya, Wendy, so keep us posted as you can! Drums! Too cute! I love peds hospitals!;)

Congrats to you on your Habitat House, LeeLee!! Hope everyone stays well for a while and you can just heal from losing MIL :hug: to you too!

Wendy:

It is wonderful to hear that Michael was off the vent right after the surgery! That is great news! Glad to hear got to that shower...momma's water therapy! Thanks for taking the time to post. Looking forward to more good reports!

~Elisa

Wendy thanks for taking time to update us. Hope Michael continues to surpass expectations. A shower after 48 hrs? Sign of a good hospital to me. Karen

Wendy- So happy to read the positive update! Prayers that it continues to go well. I am impressed that you got your shower in... that is a must for me. I don't care what else is going on around me or how nasty the showers are, I have to get one to feel human again. Was also happy to hear the vent came out so quickly. We have had A LOT of complications with Marek's lungs and he has spent a lot of time on the vent - I'm always happy to hear when the kids are only on it for a short time. :thumbsup2

Yeahhhh, Michael! :tigger:

Previous wishtrippers who extended their stay- We are staying in FL an extra 2 days. If we go to a park during those 2 days can we still use the button/pass?
Thanks.

Glad to hear that Michael is doing well. A shower that soon :cool1: woohoo!!!! :lmao: I soooooo understand about the shower thing!! :rotfl:

Yeahhhh, Michael! :tigger:

Previous wishtrippers who extended their stay- We are staying in FL an extra 2 days. If we go to a park during those 2 days can we still use the button/pass?
Thanks.

We extended ours by two days also. We left GKTW on the 29th and stayed through the 31st at Saratoga Springs. The button and the GAC are dated from the day you arrive at GKTW to the day that you leave GKTW. Since we were still there on the 29th and went to MGM that day, we used it. I discovered that the CM's never looked at the dates. Therefore we used it on the 30th also. Maybe we shouldn't have, but I decided that this was a once in a lifetime trip for Koryn, so I wanted to make the most use out of it as possible. DH did not necessarily agree with me, but oh well. I also know that we will never get a GAC again. Koryn is doing very well and we should not need one in the future. Which I know is a good thing, but man it was nice to have!! :lmao:

See, I knew you guys would understand the shower thing! LOL This is an amazing hospital. They have a "Ronald McDonald Lounge" on one of the floors. It has showers, laundry facilities, internet, tv, and a kitchen all for free! Hence the reason I got a chance to jump back on again. I had to pick up my laundry! Michael is up and moving! And he's peed! Just waiting for the other end to make some sounds! LOL We may be discharged within the week!

Thanks to all of you!

Wendy - So happy to hear Michael is doing well. Our kids are AMAZING, arent' they?

Winnielover - Have a wonderful trip! Look forward to hearing all about it! Ours is only 2 weeks away! YEAH!:cool1:

Oh, that IS good news! YEAHHHHHHHHHH! All good news - sounds like everybody else is at least 'stable' at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter